» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: I like "2" Move it in M C Hammer's Pants!

Written By: nally on 01/01/10 at 4:35 pm

Yes I knew that.  ::)

I decided to watch some of the after-midnight festivities, some of which were centered in other parts of the country...such as the Black Eyed Peas in Vegas and Colbie Caillat somewhere else (I forget where she was performing, but she looked and sounded great).

Written By: Howard on 01/01/10 at 4:43 pm

For a minute I thought you were referring to MC Hammer. :D

He's not 80 years old.

Written By: nally on 01/01/10 at 4:44 pm

He's not 80 years old.

He won't be until 2042 or 2043.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/10 at 4:51 pm

He won't be until 2042 or 2043.

he won't be able to "Touch This". ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/01/10 at 8:35 pm

I am quite well aware of that. But he still manages to do the best he can. So I gotta give him credit for that.

Me too...it's always nice to see Dick Clark on TV.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/01/10 at 8:38 pm

Me too...it's always nice to see Dick Clark on TV.   :)

During the 80's he was the host of the "Pyramid" game shows. I loved watching the $100,000 Pyramid back then.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/01/10 at 8:40 pm

During the 80's he was the host of the "Pyramid" game shows. I loved watching the $100,000 Pyramid back then.

I used to watch that show, along with American Bandstand.  I credit AB for introducing me to pop music when I was really young.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/01/10 at 8:45 pm

I didn't see AB much, but as a boy in my single-digits it was fun to watch the Pyramid, along with other game shows that were on TV in the 80's. The reruns of $25,000 and $100,000 Pyramids can be seen weeknights at 11:00 on GSN, which isn't available on many cable TV systems.

I was introduced to pop music mainly by listening to the radio, either in the car or at home. (Or sometimes in the restaurant or grocery store with the Muzak playing.) I'm sure AB was good too. 8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/01/10 at 9:04 pm

I was introduced to pop music mainly by listening to the radio, either in the car or at home. (Or sometimes in the restaurant or grocery store with the Muzak playing.) I'm sure AB was good too. 8)

Oh, that too...the radio was always playing at home or in the car.  8)

Written By: Bobo on 01/01/10 at 9:11 pm

What about both at the same time?

Written By: Howard on 01/02/10 at 6:48 am

no,it would cause a power outage.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 10:02 am

Hearing music from oterh people's cars?

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:33 pm

Hearing music from oterh people's cars?

That could happen, that's a good point.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 1:35 pm

My parents would often play it for me in the car when I was little, and I actually do remember a few of the songs that were around then (albeit vaguely).

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:36 pm

I think I still have all the cassette tapes that I used to listen to in the car as a kid.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 1:36 pm

That could happen, that's a good point.
You can still be influence for the music from other cars, for once, in a boring traffic jam a car next to us was playing on of my favourite pieces of Beethoven.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 1:37 pm

I think I still have all the cassette tapes that I used to listen to in the car as a kid.
I still have mine somewhere, some were sold on ebay, but no one wanted the rest.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 1:37 pm

My parents have plenty of cassette tapes from the past 30 or 40 years.

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the oldest recorded cassette tape I have dates from around the early 70s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 1:39 pm

I'm pretty sure the oldest recorded cassette tape I have dates from around the early 70s.
Mine are from the mid 70's

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:40 pm

Unfortunately my dad didn't date the ones he made in the early 70s, so there's no way of telling when precisely they're from.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 1:40 pm

Yeah, that's probably when my mom began collecting some. She worked in radio for a while between 1975 and 1980.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 1:40 pm

Unfortunately my dad didn't date the ones he made in the early 70s, so there's no way of telling when precisely they're from.
Did you record radio shows?

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:42 pm

Did you record radio shows?

I have a couple of Radio 1 radio shows, one of which was a Pet Sounds radio documentary which stated, "23 years ago...", so that must have been recorded in 1989.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 1:42 pm

I have a couple of Radio 1 radio shows, one of which was a Pet Sounds radio documentary which stated, "23 years ago...", so that must have been recorded in 1989.

So it talked about something from 1966?

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:43 pm

The album was released in 1966, and he was talking about national British reaction to the album at that time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 1:44 pm

I tried to catch Kenny Everett and some Noel Edmunds Breakfast shows. I must check them again to hear what is on precisely them.

Written By: Bobo on 01/02/10 at 1:45 pm

Ahh Kenny Everett. Oddly enough, my only memory of Kenny Everett is from this short-lived game show which was around when I was a child. The show itself only lasted eight weeks, so how the heck I remember it is a mystery.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 1:45 pm

The album was released in 1966, and he was talking about national British reaction to the album at that time.

that's good

I tried to catch Kenny Everett and some Noel Edmunds Breakfast shows. I must check them again to hear what is on precisely them.

I hope the sound on them is still okay..

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/10 at 2:17 pm

Ahh Kenny Everett. Oddly enough, my only memory of Kenny Everett is from this short-lived game show which was around when I was a child. The show itself only lasted eight weeks, so how the heck I remember it is a mystery.
I remember hearing on my transister radio when he broadcasted from a pirate radio station.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/10 at 4:15 pm

I still have mine,and those were from the 80's.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/02/10 at 8:52 pm

You can still be influence for the music from other cars, for once, in a boring traffic jam a car next to us was playing on of my favourite pieces of Beethoven.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone playing Beethoven or other classical music in anyone else's car.....if I do hear music from another car it's usually Rap/Hip Hop around here. 

My parents used to own many cassettes and vinyl records, but my mother gave away the majority of them over the years. 

I still have many of my old cassettes, including mix tapes. 

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 11:16 pm

I don't think I've ever heard anyone playing Beethoven or other classical music in anyone else's car.....if I do hear music from another car it's usually Rap/Hip Hop around here. 

I know....it's like that over here too. Someone will be driving by, with their car stereo booming and you can hear the hip-hop beats coming from it. I find that muy annoying. 8-P If people want to listen to it, that's fine, but they should have the courtesy to keep it confined to the privacy of their own vehicle.

My parents used to own many cassettes and vinyl records, but my mother gave away the majority of them over the years. 

My family still has vinyl records too, from way back in the day, but they'd like to eventually put all that music onto CD since L.P. records are pretty much obsolete. Just another project that we'd like to eventually get to.

Written By: Frank on 01/02/10 at 11:24 pm

I have had tapes & CDs' of classical music played in my car.
I have thrown away several cassettes , but I only have about 100 left.

Written By: nally on 01/02/10 at 11:25 pm

I'm pretty sure that most of our cassettes are in good working condition. :) Those that aren't... oh well. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/10 at 2:46 am

Pamela Anderson and MC Hammer are among the names rumoured for the last Celebrity Big Brother, which launches on Sunday.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/10 at 8:03 am

Pamela Anderson and MC Hammer are among the names rumoured for the last Celebrity Big Brother, which launches on Sunday.

anyone else? ???

Written By: nally on 01/03/10 at 1:32 pm

Today??

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/03/10 at 1:34 pm

Today??
Yes tonight at 9pm GMT, I will be watching it and report on it tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 01/03/10 at 1:34 pm

Yes tonight at 9pm GMT, I will be watching it and report on it tomorrow.

Cool. O0

Written By: Bobo on 01/03/10 at 1:38 pm

Pamela Anderson likes to move it in MC Hammer's pants. :D

Written By: Howard on 01/03/10 at 8:23 pm

Pamela Anderson can move it in my pants. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/10 at 1:38 am

We can all relax for MC Hammer (or Pamela Anderson) are not in the house. The Housemates are:

Alex Reid (born 21 August 1975) is an English professional mixed martial arts fighter.

Dane Bowers (born 29 November 1979) is an English pop singer, songwriter, and record producer.

Heidi Fleiss (born 30 December 1965) is an American "Hollywood Madam".

Jonas Altberg, better known as Basshunter, (born 22 December 1984) is a Swedish record producer and singer-songwriter.

Ekaterina "Katia" Ivanova (born 1988) is ex-girlfriend of The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood.

Lady Sovereign (born 19 December 1985) is a British rapper and grime artist.

Nicola Tappenden, also known as Nicola T, (born 2 December 1982) is an English Page 3 Girl, and glamour model.

Sisqó (born 9 November 1978) is an American R&B singer.

Stephanie Beacham (born 28 February 1947) is an English actress.

Stephen Baldwin (born 12 May 1966) is an American actor, the youngest of the Baldwin brothers.

Vinnie Jones (born 5 January 1965) is an English film actor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/10 at 1:39 am

We can all relax for MC Hammer (or Pamela Anderson) are not in the house. The Housemates are:

Alex Reid (born 21 August 1975) is an English professional mixed martial arts fighter.

Dane Bowers (born 29 November 1979) is an English pop singer, songwriter, and record producer.

Jonas Altberg, better known as Basshunter, (born 22 December 1984) is a Swedish record producer and singer-songwriter.

Ekaterina "Katia" Ivanova (born 1988) is ex-girlfriend of The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood.

Nicola Tappenden, also known as Nicola T, (born 2 December 1982) is an English Page 3 Girl, and glamour model.

Stephen Baldwin (born 12 May 1966) is an American actor, the youngest of the Baldwin brothers.

...and I will not be watching it.

Written By: Bobo on 01/04/10 at 6:10 am

No MC Hammer in the Celebrity Big Brother house then.. well, it was a nice thought when it lasted...

Written By: Bobo on 01/04/10 at 6:12 am

Nice to see they've gone for the really cheap option this year, past-it pop stars, long-retired soccer players, and some people that nobody has ever heard of.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/10 at 7:47 am

They should move the Big Brother house to the Playboy Penthouse.  :D

Written By: nally on 01/04/10 at 1:47 pm

I recognize some of the names, especially the folks from the US.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/10 at 2:22 pm

Nice to see they've gone for the really cheap option this year, past-it pop stars, long-retired soccer players, and some people that nobody has ever heard of.
Very cheap!

Written By: nally on 01/04/10 at 3:51 pm

Very cheap!

True.. among those "past-it pop stars" listed is American R&B artist Sisqo, who in the late 90's was a member of the band 'Dru Hill' before going solo in 1999 with his album "Unleash The Dragon", and his single "Thong Song" was climbing the charts a decade ago.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/10 at 8:06 pm

True.. among those "past-it pop stars" listed is American R&B artist Sisqo, who in the late 90's was a member of the band 'Dru Hill' before going solo in 1999 with his album "Unleash The Dragon", and his single "Thong Song" was climbing the charts a decade ago.

Sisqo is ok.

Written By: nally on 01/04/10 at 8:08 pm

Sisqo is ok.

He was active during the early 00's, but not much after that. I guess some performers only have a certain amount of time in which they're actively popular...and then they just drop off the main scene.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/10 at 8:14 pm

^ just like one hit wonder bands.

Written By: nally on 01/04/10 at 8:18 pm

A perfect example of that concept was illustrated in the movie "That Thing You Do." It was about a rock group, set in the 1960's, that called itself (albeit appropriately) The Wonders. (They'd originally spelt it Oneders, but too many people kept pronouncing it the way it looked, "Ohneeders", so Tom Hanks' character made them spell it correctly.) Basically the movie chronicled their rise and fall.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/04/10 at 8:45 pm

Over a decade already.  I've forgotten about Sisqo!  :o

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 12:18 am

Over a decade already.  I've forgotten about Sisqo!   :o

Other music acts from 2000 are probably forgotten about by now as well...although some still remain active. Still, I remember that time as if it was just a short while ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/10 at 1:40 am

Sisqo is slightly more than a one hit wonder.

1998: "It's All About Me" (Mýa featuring Sisqó of Dru Hill) (US #6)
1999: "Got to Get It" (featuring Make It Hot) (US #39, DE #48)
2000: "Thong Song" (a remix, "Thong Song Uncensored", features Foxy Brown and is included on the soundtrack LP for Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps) (US #3, UK #3, DE #15, FR #15)
2000: "Unleash the Dragon" (featuring Beanie Sigel) (UK #6, FR #41)
2000: "What These Bitches Want" (edited version titled "What They Want") (DMX featuring Sisqó) (US #49)
2000: "Incomplete " (US #1, UK #13, DE #51)
2000: "How Many Licks" (Lil' Ki|m featuring Sisqó) (US #75, DE #58)
2001: "Can I Live" (featuring the Dragon Family) (DE #87)
2001: "Dance For Me" (UK #6, DE #55, FR #91)
2007: "Who's Ur Daddy"
2007: "Perfect Christmas"
2007: "I Miss U"
2008: "Pop That" (Produced by Timbaland)
2009: "Club On Fire"
2009: "Already Know"
2009: "Club 2 Tha Bedroom"
2009: "Act A Donkey"

Written By: Howard on 01/05/10 at 7:55 am

2000: "Thong Song" (a remix, "Thong Song Uncensored", features Foxy Brown and is included on the soundtrack LP for Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps) (US #3, UK #3, DE #15, FR #15)
2000: "What These Bitches Want" (edited version titled "What They Want") (DMX featuring Sisqó) (US #49)
2000: "How Many Licks" (Lil' Ki|m featuring Sisqó) (US #75, DE #58)

Wow,that's huge. :o

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 4:38 pm

2000: "How Many Licks" (Lil' Kim featuring Sisqó) (US #75, DE #58)

Of course. I knew that "Incomplete" had reached the top of the charts...and then it seems he took a hiatus between 2001 and 2007.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/10 at 5:23 pm

I remember Thong Song.

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 5:34 pm

I vaguely remember it. If I listen to it on Youtube it might bring back a memory.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/10 at 5:35 pm

Thong,Thong,Thong,Thong,Thong.

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 5:39 pm

^yeah, that's probably about right...in a nutshell.

Songs I remember listening to in early 2000 included "I Try" by Macy Gray, "Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon, "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child, "Never Let You Go" by Third Eye Blind, and "Ex-Girlfriend" by No Doubt...among others.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/10 at 5:42 pm

and also Beyonce.

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 5:49 pm

and also Beyonce.

She started out as a member of Destiny's Child (providing lead vocal on some of the group's recordings), and then in early 2003 went solo.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/05/10 at 9:02 pm

Other music acts from 2000 are probably forgotten about by now as well...although some still remain active. Still, I remember that time as if it was just a short while ago.

It still seems like just yesterday.... :o

It would be interesting to see if today's current music stars will still be popular (or even remembered) ten years from now. 

Written By: nally on 01/05/10 at 11:26 pm

It still seems like just yesterday.... :o

It would be interesting to see if today's current music stars will still be popular (or even remembered) ten years from now. 

that's true...since they may or may not be active then. Those that aren't, will probably fade into history...

Written By: Howard on 01/06/10 at 8:16 am

that's true...since they may or may not be active then. Those that aren't, will probably fade into history...

and not be heard from again.

Written By: nally on 01/06/10 at 1:29 pm

and not be heard from again.

Sorta like some members on here who still have their accounts but have not been here in ages. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/06/10 at 3:39 pm

Sorta like some members on here who still have their accounts but have not been here in ages. :-\\

They're here and then they disappear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/10 at 3:43 pm

Maybe move on to a better life?

Written By: Howard on 01/06/10 at 3:44 pm

Maybe move on to a better life?

like some people on here. :(

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/06/10 at 8:18 pm

I hope some of them will come back or at least drop by for a visit this year. 

Written By: nally on 01/06/10 at 11:10 pm

I hope some of them will come back or at least drop by for a visit this year. 

Luke (not FussBudget, but the other guy) has recently done so, for the first time in what seems like several months. But I'd like to see a few others come back at some point. :)

It's like they forgot about this place or something...which does seem kinda sad. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/07/10 at 8:00 am

Luke (not FussBudget, but the other guy) has recently done so, for the first time in what seems like several months. But I'd like to see a few others come back at some point. :)

It's like they forgot about this place or something...which does seem kinda sad. :-\\

I haven't seen Luke in ages.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/10 at 1:59 pm

(MSIE)  06:55:27 PM Posting a new topic in Penguin News.

Back again?

Written By: nally on 01/07/10 at 2:15 pm

I haven't seen Luke in ages.

He was originally known as GRS. He dropped his alias in 2006 or thereabouts in favor of his real name.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/10 at 7:59 pm

He was originally known as GRS. He dropped his alias in 2006 or thereabouts in favor of his real name.

Fussbudget Van Pelt.

Written By: nally on 01/08/10 at 1:39 am

Fussbudget Van Pelt.

No, that's a different person. He has kept that moniker the entire time he's been a member.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/10 at 7:55 am

No, that's a different person. He has kept that moniker the entire time he's been a member.

I guess Luke has been here for years.

Written By: nally on 01/08/10 at 1:54 pm

I guess Luke has been here for years.

There are actually 3 people named Luke on this site. We already know about Fussbudget (who has constantly kept the name); there's also plain old Luke (who was originally known as GRS); and in the parody section there's Luke Bratoni (who is a parody author on Amiright).

Written By: Howard on 01/08/10 at 7:53 pm

There are actually 3 people named Luke on this site. We already know about Fussbudget (who has constantly kept the name); there's also plain old Luke (who was originally known as GRS); and in the parody section there's Luke Bratoni (who is a parody author on Amiright).

3 Lukes? ???

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/08/10 at 9:25 pm

Most of a "Lukes" in the site are famous!I knew a Luke who worked in Shop Rite with me. Anyways, 3 Lukes is really something. Must be a very popular name.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/10 at 12:18 am

Millionaire socialite Ivana Trump has become the latest contestant to enter the Celebrity Big Brother house.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/10 at 12:18 am

Millionaire socialite Ivana Trump has become the latest contestant to enter the Celebrity Big Brother house.
Another reason not to watch it!

Written By: nally on 01/09/10 at 1:28 am

Most of a "Lukes" in the site are famous!I knew a Luke who worked in Shop Rite with me. Anyways, 3 Lukes is really something. Must be a very popular name.

It probably is. I might have known at least one person with that name in my life, but I can't quite remember who or when.

My name, Jeffrey, is quite popular.

Then again, I have known some people with uncommon names.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/10 at 8:39 am

It probably is. I might have known at least one person with that name in my life, but I can't quite remember who or when.

My name, Jeffrey, is quite popular.

Then again, I have known some people with uncommon names.

There are plenty.

Written By: nally on 01/09/10 at 3:55 pm

There are plenty.

My first and last name are quite common.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/10 at 7:48 pm

My first and last name are quite common.

My last name is pretty popular.

Written By: Womble on 01/09/10 at 8:43 pm

Shop Rite!!!  Man, that's a blast from the past! My mom used to do the family grocery shopping at Shop Rite when we lived in Central Islip, NY more than 35 years ago.  Thanks for bringing back a nice, old memory. KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!  :) :) :)

Written By: Howard on 01/10/10 at 8:24 am

I remember ShopRite.

Written By: nally on 01/10/10 at 12:17 pm

I remember ShopRite.

I don't, at least not to the best of my knowledge. Was it a drugstore?

The only drugstores I remember from my growing-up days were SavOn (which still exists, but for a while it was temporarily known as "Osco Drugs" from the late 80's to sometime in the 90's or so), Thriftys (which got bought out by RiteAid in the late 90's), and Longs.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/10 at 7:57 pm

I don't, at least not to the best of my knowledge. Was it a drugstore?

The only drugstores I remember from my growing-up days were SavOn (which still exists, but for a while it was temporarily known as "Osco Drugs" from the late 80's to sometime in the 90's or so), Thriftys (which got bought out by RiteAid in the late 90's), and Longs.

Shoprite was a supermarket.

Written By: Bobo on 01/10/10 at 8:01 pm

Reminds me of Saverite, which is what we had over here.

Written By: nally on 01/10/10 at 8:19 pm

Shoprite was a supermarket.

I guess it wasn't around in California, cuz I never heard of it. :-\\

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/10/10 at 8:28 pm

I remember all those drug stores, especially SavOn and Thrifty.  I still miss Thrifty Ice Cream (we had Rite-Aid here but they closed all the stores in this area a couple of years ago).  :\'(

These days its all Walgreen's and CVS (at least around here). 

Written By: nally on 01/10/10 at 8:33 pm

I remember all those drug stores, especially SavOn and Thrifty.   I still miss Thrifty Ice Cream (we had Rite-Aid here but they closed all the stores in this area a couple of years ago).   :\'(

These days its all Walgreen's and CVS (at least around here). 

I loved Thriftys Ice Cream too!! One of my favorite childhood memories was getting ice cream from there. I liked the strawberry flavor.

Rite Aid still has ice cream, but it's probably not the same. I did get some from the Rite Aid nearest to CSUN in September 2005.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/10/10 at 8:36 pm

I loved Thriftys Ice Cream too!! One of my favorite childhood memories was getting ice cream from there. I liked the strawberry flavor.

Rite Aid still has ice cream, but it's probably not the same. I did get some from the Rite Aid nearest to CSUN in September 2005.

My favorites were the black cherry and rainbow sherbet.  Before Rite Aid closed here I got some rainbow sherbet, and it still tasted pretty good.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/10/10 at 8:42 pm

My favorites were the black cherry and rainbow sherbet.  Before Rite Aid closed here I got some rainbow sherbet, and it still tasted pretty good.   :)

ooh those sound yummy!! :D My mom also has shared memories of getting ice cream from the drugstores as a child.

According to Thrifty's Wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrifty_PayLess), the franchise had become "Thrifty PayLess" in the mid-90's, and by 1998, all those had converted to Rite-Aid.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/10/10 at 9:17 pm

ooh those sound yummy!! :D My mom also has shared memories of getting ice cream from the drugstores as a child.

According to Thrifty's Wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrifty_PayLess), the franchise had become "Thrifty PayLess" in the mid-90's, and by 1998, all those had converted to Rite-Aid.

My dad always got pistachio at Thrifty...I don't remember if he ever tried any of the other flavors!  :D

I remember seeing a couple PayLess drug stores around here in the early 90s.  It's kind of sad to see those old stores gone.  The Thrifty I always went to in my childhood is now some kind of beauty supply store, and the surrounding area has really gone downhill.   :(

Written By: nally on 01/10/10 at 9:24 pm

I remember seeing a couple PayLess drug stores around here in the early 90s.  It's kind of sad to see those old stores gone.  The Thrifty I always went to in my childhood is now some kind of beauty supply store, and the surrounding area has really gone downhill.   :(

That sucks when things like that happen. My old neighborhood, where I grew up in, already began going downhill before we moved out of it. It wasn't bad when it was brand new, since it was a nice place for me to grow up in as a little boy... but as time went on, new folks began to move in and not care for the area (especially the neighbors who lived around us from 1996-2000). The Northridge earthquake (which happened 16 years ago next week) also contributed to the downhillness. Also, the shopping center across the street from our mobile home park got dumpy.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/10 at 6:50 am

My neighborhood hasn't been the same in years.

Written By: nally on 01/11/10 at 12:25 pm

^Neighborhoods are like that. They usually start out nicely, but things change over time.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/10 at 4:16 pm

people move or they pass away.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/11/10 at 8:55 pm

^Neighborhoods are like that. They usually start out nicely, but things change over time.

Some the neighborhoods have really changed over the years, and definitely not for the better.  :\'(

people move or they pass away.

It's always sad when a neighbor passes away, whether you knew them well or not.  When I was still in kindergarten, a neighbor we knew really well suddenly passed away.  I remember how sad I felt when my mother gave me the news (I was in school the day it happened).  She had just been over to our house a few days before, too.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 01/11/10 at 11:18 pm

Some the neighborhoods have really changed over the years, and definitely not for the better.   :\'(

It's always sad when a neighbor passes away, whether you knew them well or not.  When I was still in kindergarten, a neighbor we knew really well suddenly passed away.  I remember how sad I felt when my mother gave me the news (I was in school the day it happened).  She had just been over to our house a few days before, too.   :\'(

How awful. :\'( It's always sad when a relative passes away, especially unexpectedly. In October 2000 my mom's cousin was unexpectedly killed by a heart attack at the age of 55. We had seen him just a couple days before and he'd seemed just fine.

Written By: nally on 01/11/10 at 11:20 pm

Some the neighborhoods have really changed over the years, and definitely not for the better.   :\'(

I know, tell me about it. My old neighborhood had gone downhill during the 90's, mainly after the earthquake from almost 16 years ago. We even had nuisances for neighbors, who'd moved in between 1996 and 1998, and they often blasted their car stereos, never seeming to care about anyone else but themselves. In 2000 we were determined to get out of there.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/10 at 8:02 am

It's always sad when a neighbor passes away, whether you knew them well or not.  When I was still in kindergarten, a neighbor we knew really well suddenly passed away.  I remember how sad I felt when my mother gave me the news (I was in school the day it happened).  She had just been over to our house a few days before, too.   :\'(

One of my Father's neighbors passed away in 2002,he's known him for almost 30 years.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/12/10 at 8:18 pm

One of my Father's neighbors passed away in 2002,he's known him for almost 30 years.

Awww.... he'll be missed.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/12/10 at 8:30 pm

Losing someone you've known for so many years can be especially sad.  :\'(

How awful. :\'( It's always sad when a relative passes away, especially unexpectedly. In October 2000 my mom's cousin was unexpectedly killed by a heart attack at the age of 55. We had seen him just a couple days before and he'd seemed just fine.

Those losses also break my heart as well.  :\'(

I'm so sorry for both losses.  :\'(

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/12/10 at 9:36 pm

Losing someone you've known for so many years can be especially sad.  :\'(

Those losses also break my heart as well.  :\'(

I'm so sorry for both losses.  :\'(

A whole lot of loved ones deceasing going on. I'll pray that they're in heaven.

Written By: nally on 01/12/10 at 11:29 pm

A whole lot of loved ones deceasing going on. I'll pray that they're in heaven.

...and all watching over us.

Very much like my Dusty dog, who has been up there since September 1993.

Written By: Howard on 01/13/10 at 6:46 am

Losing someone you've known for so many years can be especially sad.   :\'(

Those losses also break my heart as well.   :\'(

I'm so sorry for both losses.   :\'(

Thanks Coqueta,karma to you.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/13/10 at 3:16 pm

(Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000) 12:10:30 PM Viewing the topic Forecasting News and Trends of the 2010's .

A browser with TMI (too much information)! :o :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/13/10 at 3:20 pm

it looks rather complicated?

Written By: nally on 01/13/10 at 3:21 pm

it looks rather complicated?

I was thinking that. It has Mozilla in its name; so shouldn't it be related to Firefox?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/10 at 3:45 pm

Maybe this is someone new?  ???

Written By: nally on 01/13/10 at 5:39 pm

Maybe this is someone new?  ???

No. If it was, they'd probably be "registering for an account on the forum."

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/13/10 at 6:45 pm

I love Mozilla Firefox.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/13/10 at 8:44 pm

...and all watching over us.

Very much like my Dusty dog, who has been up there since September 1993.

I'm so sorry.  :\'(

My beloved dog Sammy passed away the same day Pope John Paul II did - April 2, 2005.  I still miss him a lot.  :\'(

I love Mozilla Firefox.

I love it too...I've been using Mozilla Firefox for the last several years.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/13/10 at 11:50 pm

I'm so sorry.   :\'(

My beloved dog Sammy passed away the same day Pope John Paul II did - April 2, 2005.  I still miss him a lot.   :\'(

Wow, that must've been awful. I remember when Pope JP2 was on his way... it was all over the news. I remember that day well.

Written By: nally on 01/13/10 at 11:51 pm

I love Mozilla Firefox.

I love it too...I've been using Mozilla Firefox for the last several years.  :)

I began using it on public computers about 4 years ago, and now I have it on my home laptop! My mom just started using it on her laptop today, and she needed a little bit of help from me. She'd been having problems with IE and decided to download the Firefox browser.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/10 at 8:16 am

I love Mozilla Firefox.

I love Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Written By: nally on 01/14/10 at 3:49 pm

Yeah, it still has some advantages...but ever since I got Firefox installed on my laptop, I've been using it as my main browser.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/10 at 8:07 pm

Yeah, it still has some advantages...but ever since I got Firefox installed on my laptop, I've been using it as my main browser.

How is it working for you?

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/14/10 at 8:18 pm

I still use Microsoft Internet Explorer, but not as much as Firefox these days. 

Written By: Howard on 01/14/10 at 8:19 pm

They could improve Microsoft a bit.

Written By: nally on 01/14/10 at 11:05 pm

How is it working for you?

It's working out great.

Same with me; I've enjoyed it.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 8:11 am

Microsoft could work out a few problems and fix them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/10 at 10:55 am

Over the years Microsoft has always had minor clitchs with their software.

Written By: Frank on 01/15/10 at 12:38 pm

But somehow they still get by.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 12:46 pm

But somehow they still get by.

That's true, they do. Hopefully they find out whatever's wrong and debug it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/10 at 3:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Yj5M_5pjE

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:28 pm

That's why people aren't too fond of MIE.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:30 pm

That's why people aren't too fond of MIE.

That image up above is familiar to me when I've tried to force-quit a program.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:31 pm

Did it make a crashing sound afterwards?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/10 at 3:31 pm

I have seen that before, but not recently.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/10 at 3:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrcdX-YNMA&feature=related

here is another!

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:33 pm

all you have to is press Alt,Cntrl and Del to show the ittle box.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrcdX-YNMA&feature=related

here is another!

mouse is too fast.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:34 pm

No. But I suppose I could customize the settings for that, if I knew how.

The computer was just slow and running out of virtual memory, that's all.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:35 pm

all you have to is press Alt,Cntrl and Del to show the ittle box.

Ah yes, control-alt-delete. Sometimes I've had to press that sequence a couple times before anything finally happened.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:36 pm

Ah yes, control-alt-delete. Sometimes I've had to press that sequence a couple times before anything finally happened.

and everytime you end a program,something happens.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/10 at 3:37 pm

I do not like that crashing sound.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:38 pm

and everytime you end a program,something happens.

Such as a restart...and you lose everything that was unsaved.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:40 pm

Such as a restart...and you lose everything that was unsaved.

then they tell you to restart the programs.  ::)

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:43 pm

then they tell you to restart the programs.  ::)

What I really hated was that sudden dialog box that says: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." And clicking on that thingy would kill your program and you'd have no choice but to restart it. 8-P >:(

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:44 pm

What I really hated was that sudden dialog box that says: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." And clicking on that thingy would kill your program and you'd have no choice but to restart it. 8-P >:(

I had the very same thing.  ::)

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:50 pm

I had the very same thing.  ::)

I don't think I see those with the newer Windows operating systems...which is a good thing.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:51 pm

I don't think I see those with the newer Windows operating systems...which is a good thing.

not as much as Windows 95.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:53 pm

not as much as Windows 95.

...which is pretty much obsolete in today's world. Heck, I think it was obsolete ten years ago!

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:54 pm

...which is pretty much obsolete in today's world. Heck, I think it was obsolete ten years ago!

Windows 95 will be celebrating 15 years.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 3:57 pm

Do any operating systems actually survive for that long? Technology is always changing. Heck, 5 years from now, the operating system that I use, may be considered obsolete.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/10 at 3:59 pm

Do any operating systems actually survive for that long? Technology is always changing. Heck, 5 years from now, the operating system that I use, may be considered obsolete.

some operating systems do.

Written By: nally on 01/15/10 at 4:01 pm

some operating systems do.

Yes, but then they get phased out by all these upgrades and stuff. Most current applications would probably not be compatible with primitive operating systems.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/10 at 6:49 am

Yes, but then they get phased out by all these upgrades and stuff. Most current applications would probably not be compatible with primitive operating systems.

exactly,not with the ones we have today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 8:12 am

Rarely used these days?

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 12:45 pm

Rarely used these days?

I strongly think so. It's all about Windows XP, and if you buy a new laptop anytime soon, probably Windows Seven.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 12:46 pm

I strongly think so. It's all about Windows XP, and if you buy a new laptop anytime soon, probably Windows Seven.
..or Windows Vista

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 12:48 pm

..or Windows Vista

Oh yes, Windows Vista. I forgot about that one. My mom has it on her laptop.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 12:50 pm

Oh yes, Windows Vista. I forgot about that one. My mom has it on her laptop.
I have it here and there is no problems with it.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 12:53 pm

I have it here and there is no problems with it.

My mom does not seem to have problems with it either...although she did recently have a few problems with Internet Explorer, so she decided to download the Firefox browser.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 12:54 pm

My mom does not seem to have problems with it either...although she did recently have a few problems with Internet Explorer, so she decided to download the Firefox browser.
IE would download webpages for me, especially when posting here. Firefox has relieved me of that problem.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 12:57 pm

IE would download webpages for me, especially when posting here. Firefox has relieved me of that problem.

Excellent. O0 All the more reason I've continued to use it on this laptop.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/10 at 3:54 pm

Rarely used these days?

It would never work on Vista.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 3:57 pm

It would never work on Vista.
Vista is modern up-to-date and if you were to purchase a new computer it would the system already installed.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/10 at 3:57 pm

Vista is modern up-to-date and if you were to purchase a new computer it would the system already installed.

Vista is good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 3:59 pm

Vista is good.
I have not ffound any fault with it yet!.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/10 at 4:00 pm

I have not ffound any fault with it yet!.

me neither,It's pretty fast.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 4:14 pm

me neither,It's pretty fast.

My mom seems to think so too. Now all we need is a new printer (and possibly a scanner too).

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 4:19 pm

My mom seems to think so too. Now all we need is a new printer (and possibly a scanner too).
Good combined machines are available.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 4:24 pm

Good combined machines are available.

We were talking about that earlier today; maybe there is one we can buy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 4:25 pm

We were talking about that earlier today; maybe there is one we can buy.
We have one brought in a sale and it is still working very well

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 4:30 pm

I think it might be best for us to buy a brand new machine; one we know would be compatible with the newer computer. And to do that we would need to research online. And if we're lucky, the machine we get might be on sale.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 4:35 pm

I think it might be best for us to buy a brand new machine; one we know would be compatible with the newer computer. And to do that we would need to research online. And if we're lucky, the machine we get might be on sale.
One thing to remember is the price the ink cartridges for the printer, the prices do vary a good deal.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 4:38 pm

One thing to remember is the price the ink cartridges for the printer, the prices do vary a good deal.

Of course. With this printer we've been using for the past 9 years, we've had to replace the regular (black) ink cartridge and the colored ink cartridge several times. Currently the colored ink is in need of replacement...but then again we still need a new printer for the new machine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/10 at 4:41 pm

Of course. With this printer we've been using for the past 9 years, we've had to replace the regular (black) ink cartridge and the colored ink cartridge several times. Currently the colored ink is in need of replacement...but then again we still need a new printer for the new machine.
Do not buy cheap cartridges that are compatable for the printer for found them to ruin the printer, I oonly buy the correct cartridge produced by the same company for the respective printer.

Written By: nally on 01/16/10 at 5:16 pm

I don't think I would do that. We'll see what we can find, in terms of a new printer and/or scanner.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/16/10 at 8:37 pm

I have Windows 7 on my new computer, and it's working out great!  O0

Do not buy cheap cartridges that are compatable for the printer for found them to ruin the printer, I oonly buy the correct cartridge produced by the same company for the respective printer.

I have considered buying the cheaper print cartridges in the past to save money, but I've always been afraid it would mess up my printer.  I currently use an HP printer with HP cartridges. 

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 12:35 am

I have Windows 7 on my new computer, and it's working out great!  O0

Excellent!! :D

I'll bet that the Games menu has some interesting choices too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 3:27 am

I have considered buying the cheaper print cartridges in the past to save money, but I've always been afraid it would mess up my printer.  I currently use an HP printer with HP cartridges. 
What you are afraid will happen.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/10 at 7:49 am

an HP printer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 11:31 am

an HP printer.
There are other good leading printing machines provided by other companies.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 12:24 pm

There are other good leading printing machines provided by other companies.

...which we will probably look into when we figure out what we're gonna get.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 12:26 pm

Checking online stores will help.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 12:32 pm

Checking online stores will help.

We'll probably do that too.

I looked at online bookstores before deciding what to get my parents for Christmas, mainly barnesandnoble.com, since I had three giftcards for that store. I found that to be helpful, yet when I got to the actual store, I had to find a different book to get, since the one I was looking for wasn't there. Seems like you can't check specific stores for items.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 12:33 pm

We'll probably do that too.

I looked at online bookstores before deciding what to get my parents for Christmas, mainly barnesandnoble.com, since I had three giftcards for that store. I found that to be helpful, yet when I got to the actual store, I had to find a different book to get, since the one I was looking for wasn't there. Seems like you can't check specific stores for items.
You will have to target the computer stores now.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 12:35 pm

You will have to target the computer stores now.

Probably Best Buy or Fry's. Or maybe even Office Depot or Office Max. We got our inkjet printer at Office Depot on Groundhog Day in 2001 at a reasonable price.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 12:37 pm

Probably Best Buy or Fry's. Or maybe even Office Depot or Office Max. We got our inkjet printer at Office Depot on Groundhog Day in 2001 at a reasonable price.
We have a good store called PC World over here and we always go there for our computer bits and pieces.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 1:29 pm

We have a good store called PC World over here and we always go there for our computer bits and pieces.

I wonder if it's available in the US.

If not, then we'll just look elsewhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 1:31 pm

I wonder if it's available in the US.

If not, then we'll just look elsewhere.
http://www.pcworld.com/

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 1:31 pm

http://www.pcworld.com/
This website even has a forum.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 1:33 pm

This website even has a forum.
Board Statistics

Total Posts 302,939
Total Members 251,095

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 1:41 pm

Board Statistics

Total Posts 302,939
Total Members 251,095

Not a very big posts-to-members ratio, though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 1:44 pm

Not a very big posts-to-members ratio, though.
Most Online At Once Record 14,658

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 1:46 pm

Most Online At Once Record 14,658

I don't think this server could handle that many at once. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 1:48 pm

I don't think this server could handle that many at once. :o
Exactly as I was thinking, but with a membership of that amount, we would now be in a much higher postion.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 3:31 pm

(MSIE) 08:29:55 PM Viewing the board Penguin News.

Only viewing?

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 4:38 pm

Exactly as I was thinking, but with a membership of that amount, we would now be in a much higher postion.

When was the last time we checked the "posts-to-members" ratio anyway? That thread is probably buried by now. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/10 at 4:39 pm

When was the last time we checked the "posts-to-members" ratio anyway? That thread is probably buried by now. :o
It must be a good while ago.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 4:41 pm

It must be a good while ago.

According to the last post on that thread, it was 4 weeks ago:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=28305.msg2292222#msg2292222

At that time, we were in position number 14 in that category.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/10 at 8:06 pm

which one you plan on getting?

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/17/10 at 8:24 pm

I like Office Depot...there's one very close to my home and I've bought a lot of computer stuff from that store.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/17/10 at 8:25 pm

I like Office Depot...there's one very close to my home and I've bought a lot of computer stuff from that store.  :)

I bought a mouse pad there.

Written By: nally on 01/17/10 at 9:18 pm

Where we used to live, there was an Office Depot about two miles away and we'd often get stuff from there.

Where we live now, there's an Office Depot and an Office Max nearby; we've gone to both places...although one time at the Office Depot, the service was not so good and we didn't find what we were looking for at that time.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/10 at 6:45 am

Where we used to live, there was an Office Depot about two miles away and we'd often get stuff from there.

Where we live now, there's an Office Depot and an Office Max nearby; we've gone to both places...although one time at the Office Depot, the service was not so good and we didn't find what we were looking for at that time.

What about a Staples?

Written By: nally on 01/18/10 at 1:55 pm

What about a Staples?

Ah yes! Glad you remembered. Yes, there is one of those within a 5-mile radius of where I live. They probably sell computer accessories too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/10 at 2:50 pm

Ah yes! Glad you remembered. Yes, there is one of those within a 5-mile radius of where I live. They probably sell computer accessories too.
Treat yourself!

Written By: nally on 01/18/10 at 3:42 pm

Treat yourself!

Maybe I will at some point!

But not right now because it is raining. I do not want to go out if I don't have to.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/10 at 5:29 pm

printers are expensive over there.

Written By: nally on 01/18/10 at 7:45 pm

They're expensive everywhere.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/18/10 at 8:09 pm

Sorry about that.  :(

The one I go to the service is good, but every time I go there, there's hardly any customers.  It's been pretty much like that since it opened.  :(

What about a Staples?

Unfortunately, we don't have Staples out here (at least not that I know of), just Office Depot and Office Max.  I used to go to Staples when I lived out in AZ. 

Written By: nally on 01/18/10 at 8:13 pm

Sorry about that.   :(

The one I go to the service is good, but every time I go there, there's hardly any customers.  It's been pretty much like that since it opened.   :(

Yes, but like I said, it was just one time when the service sucked. Namely in July 2003, when I was trying to find an academic planner for the upcoming 2003-04 year. I eventually decided to make my own, by using the computer and printing out several papers.

Unfortunately, we don't have Staples out here (at least not that I know of), just Office Depot and Office Max.  I used to go to Staples when I lived out in AZ. 

that's too bad. :-\\ I got a good deal on the last item I purchased there.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/18/10 at 8:21 pm

that's too bad. :-\\ I got a good deal on the last item I purchased there.

That's cool.  8)  Staples is a good store.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/18/10 at 11:03 pm

That's cool. 8)  Staples is a good store.   :)

So is Office Max. There's one a short distance from my home, and I go there when I need to buy office supplies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/10 at 1:14 am

They're expensive everywhere.
It is just knowing the right place.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/10 at 3:57 am

Staples is a good store.  :)
We have Staples over here in theh UK, but I have never been in one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/10 at 4:08 am

It is just knowing the right place to go.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/10 at 7:57 am

It is just knowing the right place to go.

you can get them cheaper on ebay.

Written By: nally on 01/19/10 at 11:27 am

But some people do not wish to try to buy anything over the internet.

Personally, I feel better actually going to the store and buying one, that way I know exactly what it is I'm going to get.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/10 at 11:31 am

On ebay, you may not get the photographed item, also they may be the chance of the item being lost in transit.

Written By: nally on 01/19/10 at 11:35 am

On ebay, you may not get the photographed item, also they may be the chance of the item being lost in transit.

Good point. All the more reason I don't want to try it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/10 at 11:37 am

Good point. All the more reason I don't want to try it.
Also, the item may be damaged in transit, and who do you blame, the seller or the transit provider?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/10 at 4:22 pm

Also, the item may be damaged in transit, and who do you blame, the seller or the transit provider?

you blame the seller,it's their fault.

Written By: nally on 01/19/10 at 6:05 pm

Good question. If the item was in perfectly-fine condition at the store, but is damaged when it gets to you, maybe it's the transit provider's fault. If they fail to protect the item adequately, then it could get damaged along the way.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/19/10 at 8:34 pm

Good question. If the item was in perfectly-fine condition at the store, but is damaged when it gets to you, maybe it's the transit provider's fault. If they fail to protect the item adequately, then it could get damaged along the way.

About a decade ago, my mother ordered a teapot through a catalog, and when she got it the package was damaged and the teapot was broken in several pieces.  Luckily she was able to straighten it out with the catalog company and had another teapot sent to her. 

Written By: nally on 01/19/10 at 8:37 pm

About a decade ago, my mother ordered a teapot through a catalog, and when she got it the package was damaged and the teapot was broken in several pieces.  Luckily she was able to straighten it out with the catalog company and had another teapot sent to her. 

:o
ouch.. I hope she only had to pay for one of them. I also hope that the second teapot arrived intact.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/19/10 at 8:43 pm

:o
ouch.. I hope she only had to pay for one of them. I also hope that the second teapot arrived intact.

Oh, yes, she only had to pay for one...and the second teapot arrived in perfect condition.  O0

My mother was very relieved, because she was very upset when the first one arrived broken. 

Written By: nally on 01/19/10 at 11:12 pm

Oh, yes, she only had to pay for one...and the second teapot arrived in perfect condition.  O0

My mother was very relieved, because she was very upset when the first one arrived broken. 

I would say so! :o In fact, I'd imagine that anyone would be upset if a delivered item arrives all broken up. :\'( :\'(

I think my mom might've ordered something at one time or another and it had a defect.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/10 at 12:47 am

There again, the item could be missient!

Written By: Howard on 01/20/10 at 7:59 am

Then you blame UPS.

Written By: nally on 01/20/10 at 2:48 pm

Then you blame UPS.

Sometimes UPS isn't so bad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/10 at 2:50 pm

Then you blame UPS.

Sometimes UPS isn't so bad.
You only hear the bad reports on delivery services, never the good reports.

Written By: nally on 01/20/10 at 2:58 pm

The last time we had something delivered from them, which was a fairly short time ago, it was a wine shipment, and it held together just fine. It was packed with great care, and nothing was damaged.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/10 at 4:23 pm

The last time we had something delivered from them, which was a fairly short time ago, it was a wine shipment, and it held together just fine. It was packed with great care, and nothing was damaged.
With wine, as it should had been.

Written By: nally on 01/20/10 at 6:00 pm

With wine, as it should had been.

Yes, my parents have sampled lots of different California wines over the past few years. I've had no desire to try any myself, even though I'm almost 30 now.

Written By: Howard on 01/20/10 at 8:05 pm

Sometimes it breaks during shipping.

Written By: nally on 01/20/10 at 11:04 pm

Sometimes it breaks during shipping.

Yes, if the glass bottles are not protected adequately.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/10 at 8:09 am

Yes, if the glass bottles are not protected adequately.

Then who do you sue? UPS or Ebay?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 8:11 am

ebay are the auction site, it would be the seller or the carrier.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/10 at 8:15 am

ebay are the auction site, it would be the seller or the carrier.

definitely the seller.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 10:35 am

Guest  03:34:29 PM  Posting a new topic in Lend a Wing Up.

Back again?

Written By: nally on 01/21/10 at 10:51 am

In that regard, probably the wine company, for not packaging them adequately.

Written By: nally on 01/21/10 at 10:51 am

Back again?

They must've given up on Penguin News.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 11:55 am

They must've given up on Penguin News.
But, yet again, it did not arrive.

Written By: nally on 01/21/10 at 1:55 pm

But, yet again, it did not arrive.

I have no idea why many a time it lists a Guest posting something new in one of those forums, yet 95% (or more) of those attempts are unsuccessful.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 2:05 pm

I have no idea why many a time it lists a Guest posting something new in one of those forums, yet 95% (or more) of those attempts are unsuccessful.
You have asked and it is still not known.

Written By: nally on 01/21/10 at 2:06 pm

You have asked and it is still not known.

We've been wondering about that for at least two or three years. At least the "XML Feeds" are no longer being viewed...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 2:10 pm

We've been wondering about that for at least two or three years.
May be the asking of e mail puts them off?

Written By: nally on 01/21/10 at 2:13 pm

May be the asking of e mail puts them off?

I don't know. Maybe it was hard trying to phrase the question so that it'll be understood. Or maybe something gets in the way..

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 2:17 pm

I don't know. Maybe it was hard trying to phrase the question so that it'll be understood. Or maybe something gets in the way..
This is that coding letters and numbers to be sent in posting an e mail.

NEXT PAGE: I like to play the Legend of Zelda with M C Hammer's Pants!!

Check for new replies or respond here...