» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Elect yourself out of ethnic hatred?

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/18/05 at 3:42 pm

Ok, Iraq had its first election for a new gov't under the Constitution passed last Jan.  Can the Kurds, Sunnis, and Shia-a come together and build a nation?  Will Iran run the show?  And how long will our troops bleed into the sand?

You thoughts

Subject: Re: Elect yourself out of ethnic hatred?

Written By: ADH13 on 12/18/05 at 9:02 pm

Yes, I think the majority of Iraqis are willing and able to accomplish the goals... but I still think the insurgents aren't ready to give up yet.  I think the Iraqis will take a more aggressive stance against the terrorists than the Americans have, because they aren't quite as civilized, and probably won't wait until one of their own gets killed to say "oops that was a suicide bomber."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 1:28 am

I heard a Southern senator say we had to stay in Iraq to insure democracy the way the U.S. military had to occupy the American south during Reconstruction.  Sure paints a flattering portrait of Jefferson Davis, if you wanna carry the analogy!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-049.gif

When you're happy and you know it
bomb a bus!
bomb a bus!
and you really wanna show it
When you're happy and you know it...

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-021.gif

Written By: IanWinn on 12/19/05 at 2:01 pm

Our soldiers are going to be there for a long time.  We're probably not ever going to get out of there until Jesus returns and sets things right.  Until then...

Written By: witchain on 12/19/05 at 2:09 pm

Unfortunately Bush thinks he is jesus.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/19/05 at 2:51 pm

Ok, Iraq had its first election for a new gov't under the Constitution passed last Jan.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 6:50 pm

Oh those Bushies!

Written By: Mushroom on 12/20/05 at 10:35 am

Oh those Bushies!

Written By: IanWinn on 12/20/05 at 11:06 am

I'm not sure about Maxwell, but I'd say pull out completely; take our troops, our weapons, and supplies, and get out completely.  And I'm not just talking Iraq and Afghanistan, I mean the whole phuckin' world.  The only exceptions I would make would be for a brigade of Marines at each of our embassies.  Everyone else comes home.

Once home, they'd be given a choice of leaving with a severance package, or staying on and patrolling the borders.  Their lives are their own.

The rest of the world would be put on notice:  "We're done being an empire.  We're doing a little housecleaning, and  we'll let you do your own housecleaning.  You run your nations as you see fit, but know this:  You attack us at your own peril.  We still have enough nukes in our arsenal to turn most of the world into a great big nite-lite.  Leave us alone, and we'll leave you alone.  We'll be glad to open trade talks with you when you're ready.  Treat us good, and we'll treat you better.  Treat us bad, and we'll treat you worse."

Written By: witchain on 12/20/05 at 11:36 am

I agree with almost everything you said Ian, except the trade issue.
Do you mean we'd actually have to make and build our own products?

Written By: IanWinn on 12/20/05 at 2:07 pm

We've got plenty of our own oil.  We don't need to import any.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/20/05 at 2:51 pm

I heard a Southern senator say we had to stay in Iraq to insure democracy the way the U.S. military had to occupy the American south during Reconstruction.  Sure paints a flattering portrait of Jefferson Davis, if you wanna carry the analogy!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-049.gif

bomb a bus!
bomb a bus!
and you really wanna show it
When you're happy and you know it...

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/waffen/violent-smiley-021.gif

I heard about 1 Iraqi terrorist who tried to blow up a bus.  He burnt his lips on the exhust pipe.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/20/05 at 3:12 pm

We've got plenty of our own oil.

Written By: witchain on 12/21/05 at 1:02 am

We've got plenty of our own oil.

Written By: IanWinn on 12/21/05 at 1:13 am

The "shortage" of oil is a scam intended to drive up prices.  Plug in "Peal oil scam" into your favorite search engine, and check out the information you get.  Scientists have shown that the earth replenishes it's own supply of oil; it's a cycle of use, much like the cycle of water, except underground.  Oil field workers have testified that "dry" oil wells that have been capped now have oil pushing through the seal of the caps.  Don't take my word for it, check it out.

Check for new replies or respond here...