» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: uh oh A-lit-o! On abortion...

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 12:15 am

In a document to be released Monday Alito apparently wrote in an application to become assistant to Ed Meese-
The constitution DOES NOT protect abortion.

What say you (as they say)?

Subject: Re: uh oh A-lit-o! On abortion...

Written By: EthanM on 11/14/05 at 12:29 am

he wrote the constittion doesn't protect abortion? Maybe he can be rejected on the basis of careless spelling.

Seriously, that doesn't surprise me at all (his abortion stance, not saver's typo). His ideology worries me and I hope he gets Borked.

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 12:53 am

Just not a good time for a Democrat..this guy in front of everyone with this kinda thing!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/05 at 1:12 am

A good time for a Mussolini ressurectionist.
;D

Hey, Saver, wait'll the Supreme Court starts deciding stuff you wanna do isn't "protected"!

Written By: IanWinn on 11/14/05 at 1:11 pm

Here's the article that supposedly makes that assertion:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20051114-015136-2101r.htm

But here's something that they didn't say,

A leading Republican involved in the nomination process insisted that this does not prove Judge Alito, if confirmed to the Supreme Court, will overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 Supreme Court ruling that made abortion a constitutional right.
    "No, it proves no such thing," said the Republican, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. "In fact, if you look at some of the quotes of his former law clerks, they don't believe that he'll overturn Roe v. Wade."
    Judge Alito sided with abortion proponents in three of four rulings during his 15 years as a judge on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia, usually based on existing law and technical legal issues rather than the right to abortion itself. (Emphasis mine)

So much for Alito being anti-abortion, not that being pro-abortion is a good thing.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/14/05 at 2:27 pm

he wrote the constittion doesn't protect abortion? Maybe he can be rejected on the basis of careless spelling.

Um....

Seriously, is this still being talked about.  War on terror, economy and all that and people are still being obsessed, regardless of which way, about abortion?

I don't want an activist, and Alito is not one.  He'll be confirmed easy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/05 at 10:10 pm

Um....

Seriously, is this still being talked about.

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 10:24 pm

Elections are about some groups trying to get THEIR types elected, so yes, people who think a certain way will want to see their thinking types put in...so either way, someone gets what they want....

Check for new replies or respond here...