» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Recent Quotes from Pat Robertson

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/23/05 at 10:06 am

From http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/robertson.chavez/index.html : (CNN) -- Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson has called for the United States to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, calling him "a terrific danger" bent on exporting Communism and Islamic extremism across the Americas.  "If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson told viewers on his "The 700 Club" show Monday.

Also from http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/robertson.chavez/index.html : In October 2003, Robertson, criticizing the State Department during an interview on "The 700 Club," said "maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up," referring to the nickname for the department's headquarters in Washington."

::)      ::)      ::)

Subject: Re: Recent Quotes from Pat Robertson

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/05 at 12:47 pm

I have read this.

Some Christian, huh?  I guess he has never heard the saying "Thou shall not kill."

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/23/05 at 12:53 pm

He looks like such a nice old man.. Little do his minions realize they are worshiping SATAN! Himself.

The man scares me. He spouts his rhetoric as if it's all perfectly nice and normal.
From http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/robertson.chavez/index.html : (CNN) -- Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson has called for the United States to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, calling him "a terrific danger" bent on exporting Communism and Islamic extremism across the Americas.  "If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson told viewers on his "The 700 Club" show Monday.

As opposed to the Fascism that Pat's buddy's are trying to, nay.. succeeding in exporting across North America and historically South America.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/23/05 at 3:09 pm

I think it's been a well-established fact for a long time that Pat Robertson is a complete nutjob. :o

Written By: Dagwood on 08/23/05 at 7:12 pm

I think he is losing it. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/05 at 7:21 pm

I think it's been a well-established fact for a long time that Pat Robertson is a complete nutjob. :o

I was just about to post this, but Johnny D beat me to it.  Robertson is a "nutjob" the way Hitler was a "nutjob."  To call him a crazy diminishes how truly dangerous Robertson is.  He has a billion dollar media empire, a place of high esteem among conservative politicians, a voice among influential right-wing pundits, and millions upon millions of followers worldwide who give him money.  Robertson, who sells Jesus, invests in African diamond mines, one of the cruelest trades on Earth.  I would have to research the Robertson's other investments and their value, but you can bet the number is staggering.
The word "hypocritical" doesn't begin to describe Robertson's evilness.  Words such as ruthless, greedy, vicious, diabolical, and psycopathic do a better job.
I don't like to say I hate people, but in Robertson's case...

You know what makes me sick?  The way there were calls for accountability minutes after Janet Jackson's boob fell out, but I have heard no one but Al Sharpton demand the FCC step up to the plate here.  It is illegal to call for the assassination of political leaders, foreign or domestic.  
If some angry bishop in Venezuela told the press George Bush should be shot, the American bubba media would be screaming for us to invade that country.  
What if Al Sharpton suggested the world would be better off if Ariel Sharon caught two in the hat?  There would be blood curdling howls from Tel Aviv to Toledo!  
But Chavez is a leftie, and it's kinda OK to hate them (wink, wink), plus Chavez has some bigtime petroleum influence, and he gets along with Cuba and France.  Therefore, Pat Robertson is right, just undiplomatic.
:P ::)

I wanto to see Robertson investigated and sanctioned for his inciteful rhetoric, and are American evangelicals so brainwashed they won't speak up against Pat?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/23/05 at 8:47 pm

Can't say I'd care if someone killed Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez.

Written By: saver on 08/23/05 at 9:14 pm

I think I heard a US Govmnt. division spokesman say Pat is a public citizen and is speaking as one.

As well as comment from Venezuela saying 'Who's Pat Robertson? I never heard of him.'

I wonder though since he is a public citizen, by being 'high profile' in a way, can he get reprimanded? He doesn't really reprsent anyone but maybe his congregation..uh.. I mean Lemming Coalition...

No one oversees him do they? He's not a car salesman, so the car company can't stop anything he may say, so..who can?

If people band together to do what they did to Jim Bakker, maybe there is hope.  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/05 at 11:35 am

I think he is losing it. 

Losing it? I think it is well past that stage.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/05 at 12:27 pm

If Pat Robertson wants this guy dead so badly, let HIM fly his pampered white butt (edited from what I would LIKE to say) down there and do it himself ::)

Don't say that too loud, he just might. 
Correction:  What Rat Pobertson said was not actually illegal.  It would only be illegal if he was working for the U.S. government.  Technically, he's not.  But he might as well be.
Maybe Rat Pobertson can start a program over their at Falwell's Liberty University, "Covert Political Assassinations for Jesus and Exxon."

So some of you wouldn't be upset if Castro or Chavez got blown away, but what goes around comes around.  There are millions of people out there waiting for one less reason to respect the lives of Americans, and illicit assassinations of popular Left leaders might just do the job!

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/24/05 at 3:28 pm

What he said is tantamount to advocating terrorism, and anyone who agrees with him is stained with the same brush.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/05 at 8:52 pm

Hey, check out some of Pat's more classic quotes....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149408/quotes

P.S.  I think he lost it along time ago....

::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/05 at 8:53 pm

;D

Maybe he should watch for squirrels, they LOVE nuts!  ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/25/05 at 2:13 am

Maybe he should watch for squirrels, they LOVE nuts!  ;D
Actually, he should be more concerned about "nut snakes." :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 2:29 am

Does Pat Robertson know what year this is?  ???

Yes that's it: 2005. Not 1005 (Or some other year which occured centuries ago when his ideology actually might've been the norm)

And also: "traditional marriage" (Going off-topic, after reading some of his quotes) was originally set up by the parents, and was considered wrong if you were to go against that, and marry someone whom your parents won't let.  ::) - Think about it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/05 at 9:10 am

Actually, he should be more concerned about "nut snakes." :D

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/05 at 9:11 am

Does Pat Robertson know what year this is? 

Yes that's it: 2005. Not 1005 (Or some other year which occured centuries ago when his ideology actually might've been the norm)

Try telling that to Pat...  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/26/05 at 2:58 pm

Seems to me that if I were to advocate the assassination of a political leader I would be suspected of condoning terrorism.  Does the FBI now have this person under survailance?  I strongly doubt it.  And why hasn't the admisistration categorically disavowed his remarks (its a rhetorical question).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/05 at 5:55 pm

Seems to me that if I were to advocate the assassination of a political leader I would be suspected of condoning terrorism.  Does the FBI now have this person under survailance?  I strongly doubt it.  And why hasn't the admisistration categorically disavowed his remarks (its a rhetorical question).

I'll bet the FBI has been keeping tabs on Pat Robertson for decades.  That's what the FBI does.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/27/05 at 2:03 pm

I'll bet the FBI has been keeping tabs on Pat Robertson for decades.  That's what the FBI does.

And on me too.  Write for your file by addressing a request to the FBI Freedom of Information Act Office, FBI Building, Washington D.C.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/05 at 2:55 pm

And on me too.  Write for your file by addressing a request to the FBI Freedom of Information Act Office, FBI Building, Washington D.C.

I don't know if there's one on me.  There may be one resulting from my involvment with the Progressive Labor Party, and the International Committee Against Racism (INCAR), in my youth.
I'm gearing up for more activism...so who knows.

I wouldn't write to them because I wouldn't want to advertize myself!  I had one professor who said if you wrote to the FBI for your file and you didn't have one already, they'd probably start one on you just for asking.  Not sure if he was being facetious!

Written By: ElDuderino on 08/28/05 at 10:36 pm

You know what bothers me? The fact that Robertson reffered to Chavez as a dictator. The man is democratically elected. Yet noone on the news apart from Keith Olberman took the time to point this out. The right-wingers think Bush's re-election gave him a carte blanche! I guess only our elections count.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/05 at 10:39 am

I don't know if there's one on me.  There may be one resulting from my involvment with the Progressive Labor Party, and the International Committee Against Racism (INCAR), in my youth.
I'm gearing up for more activism...so who knows.

I wouldn't write to them because I wouldn't want to advertize myself!  I had one professor who said if you wrote to the FBI for your file and you didn't have one already, they'd probably start one on you just for asking.  Not sure if he was being facetious!

I KNOW there is one of me. I haven't seen it, but I know they have my finger prints. I heard that if you request your file, you WILL have one even if the only thing in your file is your request for your file.

Cat

Written By: Valhalla on 08/29/05 at 10:44 am

And don't be surprised if we have one now, if not before, for just talking about it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/29/05 at 1:49 pm

Pat Robertson is a joke and a dinosaur....  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/29/05 at 2:05 pm

Pat Robertson is a joke and a dinosaur....  ::)

I agree, but he is a bad joke and a dangerous dinosour!

The firsat time I wrote they said they didn't have a file on me, so I wrote back, telling them that they were falling down on the job because I am a dangerous subversive.  A few years later, after returning from Chile in 1973, those were the first 2 pieces in my file.

Written By: EthanM on 08/29/05 at 2:26 pm

Pat Robertson inspired the first entry in this:

http://unreliablenewssource.blogspot.com/

Check for new replies or respond here...