» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Per il signore...

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/24/05 at 12:54 pm

Unfortunatley it looks like the Pope is going to be taken from us.

John Paul has done so much good in his life, but i can't help feeling that this event will be taken as a, out with the old in with the new, kind of thing.

Although i have some issues with the church as an organisation i can see that this man has tried his hardest to do a huge amount of good for the World.

What are your feelings on him?

Which of the Cardinals would you like to see replace him?

Il mio signore prega per la sua anima

Subject: Re: Per il signore...

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/24/05 at 1:04 pm

Unfortunatley it looks like the Pope is going to be taken from us.

John Paul has done so much good in his life, but i can't help feeling that this event will be taken as a, out with the old in with the new, kind of thing.

Although i have some issues with the church as an organisation i can see that this man has tried his hardest to do a huge amount of good for the World.

What are your feelings on him?

Which of the Cardinals would you like to see replace him?

Il mio signore prega per la sua anima

Yeah, the pope is not doing well at all. Influenza is very bad for someone of his age and considering his already poor health this recurrence is not good at all. I wish him the best and pray for him. I don't agree with him on everything, but I think he's done a lot of good. I really don't know who should replace him at this time.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/24/05 at 1:13 pm

i felt he done more to build the bridges between old enemies than most political figures have done in the last 25 years. it would be interesting to see if his predecesor follow up on his work or do an about face and become an ultra-conservative and close the doors of the catholic church.

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/24/05 at 1:29 pm

Any sort of Ultra Conservative Pontiff would in effect end the Catholic Church.

The Church needs to branch out in to people's lives or it will be left behind forever.

It will of course be interesting to see who the next pope will be.

Of course this all depends on what happens with The current Pope.

We have never seen an American Pope.. interesting.

There have been over 200 Italian Popes and only around 40 from all the other country's of the world put together. Guess.. lol

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/24/05 at 1:49 pm

i can very well see the next pope coming from somewhere else other than italy. all of those italian popes were chosen before the world became globalized. i recall seeing a show a few years back about this one american cardinal who was favoured in being the next pope.

Written By: jaytee on 02/24/05 at 6:06 pm

I can't cope with the Pope.

His successor should be someone that will  breathe a bit of life into Catholicism.  Drag it kicking and screaming into the present or at least the 80's.  Can't see it happening. They'll just select some other woman-hating fuddy-duddy  :( ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/05 at 6:49 pm

I can't cope with the Pope.

His successor should be someone that will  breathe a bit of life into Catholicism.  Drag it kicking and screaming into the present or at least the 80's.  Can't see it happ
ening. They'll just select some other woman-hating fuddy-duddy  :( ::)

I like the Pope, the Pope smokes dope.
:D
I think the next pontiff should be a black lady.
OK, maybe they're not ready for a female pope, but at least they should elect one of those really cool utra-liberal bishops from
Africa.

Written By: jaytee on 02/24/05 at 7:37 pm

OK, maybe they're not ready for a female pope, but at least they should elect one of those really cool utra-liberal bishops from Africa.

I saw one of those allegedly "ultra-liberal" bishops interviewed.  Didn't impress me one iota.  They all talk the talk but once they're installed at the Vatican it will be "business as usual". ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/05 at 8:42 am

I would have liked to have seen Wilton Gregory who was brilliant during the pedophile scandal.  Unfortunately
they have left him where he was and given Bernard Law(boston) a cushy job when he was instrumental in
covering up, and effectively abetting the scandal.  Such a disgrace.  It was hinted before the scandal that
bernard was a contender, if his name even enters the arena the church will need more than prayers.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/25/05 at 9:26 am

before the world became globalized.

Are you kidding?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/25/05 at 10:14 am

Are you kidding?

no.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/05 at 6:46 pm

i can very well see the next pope coming from somewhere else other than italy. all of those italian popes were chosen before the world became globalized. i recall seeing a show a few years back about this one american cardinal who was favoured in being the next pope.

John Paul II is Polish

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/25/05 at 7:43 pm

John Paul II is Polish

Yup he was part of the Polish Resistance

Check for new replies or respond here...