» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tell us about your (current) avatar

Written By: Fred on 09/05/04 at 3:02 am

Mine is Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon". The text under it is a line from the song 'Brain Damage', originally I was going to put "And if your head explodes with dark farbodings too, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." But that didnt' fit so I had to make do with what I got.  ;)

Subject: Re: Tell us about your (current) avatar

Written By: scarletgail on 09/05/04 at 3:11 am

mine is just a redhead like me on a summer day I guess lol :P

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 4:34 am

Welcome back Scarletgail!  :D

My avatar is my favourite wrestler, The Ultimate Warrior who was with the WWF from 1988 to 1992 (made a slight comeback in 1996) who held the Intercontinental title twice and the WWF World Heavyweight title once. His favourite move is the Gorilla Press Slam/Splash combo and he's a bit nuts.

Written By: jaytee on 09/05/04 at 6:32 am

what avatar?!  ;D

Written By: lebeiw15 on 09/05/04 at 7:48 am

It's Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water album, like, one of the best albums ever.  The lyric under the avatar is from "The Only Living Boy In New York", track eight from the CD.  Go listen to that song!  It's one of their best!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/04 at 8:29 am

Mine is the logo for the South bend Silverhawks, the local minor league baseball farm team.

We had an 80-year-old security guard in a building here that I used to work in who is a HUGE Silverhawks fan.  Oddly, he resembles the mascot, too.  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 09/05/04 at 8:35 am

I don't know what mine is, I picked it from the pile.  It reminds me of me because I tend to sit in
the dark thinking, hoping that the light will illuminate the darkness, and because I tend to waggle
my finger and get a bit preachy at times when trying to make a point. It's a flaw I hope you guys
will overlook. :-\\

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/05/04 at 9:28 am

Mine is...er...well...John Foxx. Who is that, you wonder? (OK maybe you don't, but I'm going to enlighten you anyway because that's what I'm here for. ;)) Brilliant musician and artist. Original lead singer for Ultravox from 1974 to 1979, when he went solo.

Look for a sketch of mine of Mr. Foxx coming soon if I can get the bloody thing to scan properly. ::)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Harmonica on 09/05/04 at 10:04 am

Mine is of the Band Soul Asylum with the emphasis upon my all time favorite song, "Runaway Train"

Written By: nally on 09/05/04 at 11:49 am

I've had the same avatar since I registered on this new board. It's a picture of Shakira.

Even though I'm a guy, I use the Shakira avatar because I like her music. 8)

Written By: Davester on 09/05/04 at 12:00 pm

It reminds me of me because I tend to sit in
the dark thinking, hoping that the light will illuminate the darkness...

You wouldn't be a Mason, would you?  This sounds familiar...

"...bring light out of darkness, beauty out of drabness, exaltation out of despair, to the end that every (person's) life may become more radiant and meaningful..."

Written By: Jessica on 09/05/04 at 12:17 pm

Oakland Raiders logo. Favorite team, season starts on the 12th. They've been kicking a$$ in the off season games. Let's hope it carries over into the actual season. 8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/05/04 at 12:51 pm

My avatar is of some bowls that I made that were (at the time) in their 'bisque' stage.  They have since been glazed and fired for completion.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/04 at 1:06 pm

As usual, my is very self-explanitory-Julie Newmarr. Someday, I will surpise everyone and get a new one.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/05/04 at 1:12 pm

Oakland Raiders logo. Favorite team, season starts on the 12th. They've been kicking a$$ in the off season games. Let's hope it carries over into the actual season. 8)
Mine is a Denver Broncos Logo...Jess, in a perfect world our teams would split the seasons two games against each other and then BOTH our teams would sweep the Qeafs ;) Sincere god luck to your Raiders though :)

Written By: Hairspray on 09/05/04 at 1:15 pm

Always Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola is my favorite drink. I like everything from its formula to its name, its great impact in soft drink evolution and its history and significance in pop culture. I also admire Coca-Cola's impressive marketing campaigns over the years with the timeless creation of our American classic jolly red Santa Claus, the ever-lovingly cute polar bears and the sensual Coke girls.

My avatar with the Coke girl, IMO,  represents all that is awesome about Coke. 8) :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/05/04 at 1:29 pm

Mine is a picture of my favorite saturday morning cartoon character.....his name is Billy Florio...and he's holding a yellow ball pretending to be Hamlet....

its a pic of me that has been dubbed "Billy trying to do Brando doing Hamlet"....and the quote is a varation on the Hamlet text

Written By: AL-B on 09/05/04 at 1:36 pm

This is the logo for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. (It's that time of year...time to start flying the colors!)

(Jessica--thanks for the coach...the new West Coast Offense looked pretty good last night!)

(R N' R--Let the smack-talking begin! ;))

Written By: gemini61 on 09/05/04 at 2:45 pm

Mine is of a girl listening to music, which is what I like to do, so I guess it fits me! Except, I'm not sure what the question mark on her dress is for?   ???  Actually, I'm thinking of changing it soon.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 5:26 pm

Mine is of a girl listening to music, which is what I like to do, so I guess it fits me! Except, I'm not sure what the question mark on her dress is for?   ???  Actually, I'm thinking of changing it soon.  :)

It's a very intriguing avatar Gemini61.

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 5:28 pm

I don't know what mine is, I picked it from the pile.  It reminds me of me because I tend to sit in
the dark thinking, hoping that the light will illuminate the darkness, and because I tend to waggle
my finger and get a bit preachy at times when trying to make a point. It's a flaw I hope you guys
will overlook. :-\\

It's quite funny how avatars can shape the way you think about someone, Danoota because I have always thought of you as a thoughtful, introspective person - maybe even spiritual.

As for being preachy. No you're not. You have great ideas you would like to share.  ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 09/05/04 at 6:04 pm

Hmmm, intriguing, I like that!!  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 6:08 pm

Hmmm, intriguing, I like that!!  ;)

Cool! She doesn't appear to be happy listening to the music. Does the song conjure up a memory that makes her sad? Is it because she hates the song? Is it because she's listening to Radio 1 . . .

The avatar poses all those questions.  ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 09/05/04 at 6:12 pm

Cool! She doesn't appear to be happy listening to the music. Does the song conjure up a memory that makes her sad? Is it because she hates the song? Is it because she's listening to Radio 1 . . .

The avatar poses all those questions.  ;)

Do you think she looks sad? I really never noticed. Maybe she's listening to Celine Dion or something! :P

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 6:17 pm

Do you think she looks sad? I really never noticed. Maybe she's listening to Celine Dion or something! :P

LOL. ". . . And I will always love you . . .". Oh flip, that's Whitney Houston.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/04 at 7:55 pm

She could be listening to any of the songs that are listed on the "What song do you hate with a passion" thread.  ;)

Cat

Written By: gemini61 on 09/05/04 at 8:04 pm

Ok guys, you're giving me a complex  ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/05/04 at 10:08 pm

I'm a major Uma Thurman. I mean, I really love and respect her! That's it...nothing too deep!

Tanya

Written By: Fred on 09/06/04 at 1:07 am

It's Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water album, like, one of the best albums ever.  The lyric under the avatar is from "The Only Living Boy In New York", track eight from the CD.  Go listen to that song!  It's one of their best!

Great Album Lebeiw! I recognize most of the songs, like most of them too.  ;)

Written By: NbC on 09/06/04 at 1:18 am

My avatar is just a sunset.  Taken from my backyard a couple of months ago.  I'll be changing it soon. 

Written By: Bobby on 09/06/04 at 3:18 am

She could be listening to any of the songs that are listed on the "What song do you hate with a passion" thread.  ;)

Apart from Neverending Story, Let's hear it for the boy and Get outta my dreams, get into my car. The girl in the avatar loves those apparently.  ::)  ;D

Heh heh. Ah poor Gemini. We're the Messageboard Psychoanalysis Squad.  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 09/06/04 at 5:02 am

Mine is a mirrorball, which has been a part of my avatar in one form or another, since I joined the board. :)

Written By: karen on 09/06/04 at 8:01 am

Currently it's a photo of one of the statues here at work.  They intrigue me.  Some are more interesting than others.  I plan on changing the picture soon, when I can find out what the name of the next one I want to post is called.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/06/04 at 3:35 pm

I agree.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/06/04 at 3:39 pm

Mine is a mirrorball, which has been a part of my avatar in one form or another, since I joined the board. :)

What happened to the one you had of the girl on the disco ball?  I really liked that one.  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 09/06/04 at 4:20 pm

I agree.  :)

:D

Written By: nally on 09/06/04 at 5:47 pm

I always thought that your mirrorball was cool (for lack of a better word). 8) :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 8:52 pm

The avatar is a picture of me. 8)

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/07/04 at 8:59 pm

This one is another picture of John Foxx, which also graces the computer's desktop. I still haven't figured out how to scan my artwork properly (it looked very faded when I first tried it), but I'll get it done somehow...:)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Powerslave on 09/07/04 at 9:26 pm

My current avatar is a photo of a friend of mine that I took when he was playing at a major concert festival in Canberra in 2001. It was his first show with the band. It was also the photo that was used on the cover of the first edition of my book in 2002.

Written By: mandamoo on 09/08/04 at 6:16 am

What happened to the one you had of the girl on the disco ball? I really liked that one. :)

Thanks Karen. I decided to simplify things with the new board. I stumbled upon a site that had balls on their own, which is what I had wanted all along. :)

I always thought that your mirrorball was cool (for lack of a better word). 8) :)

Why thank you, nally. :)

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 09/08/04 at 6:34 am

That handsome man? Why it's me of course!!

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 11:16 am

Mine is the only pic I had on this @#%! PC when I registered.  ::)  It's a mousepad for the Fenix Underground in Seattle. My hubby and I work there on the weekends (he's the DJ, I'm the LJ). I would've had a really kick-arse avatar if I had registered on one of our Macs...got about 300 or so pix from an "80s new wave/post modern" slide show I made to choose from there. I'm sure I'll eventually remember to log on with a Mac so I can change it.

Written By: karen on 09/10/04 at 11:19 am

Mine is the only pic I had on this @#%! PC when I registered.  ::)  It's a mousepad for the Fenix Underground in Seattle. My hubby and I work there on the weekends (he's the DJ, I'm the LJ). I would've had a really kick-arse avatar if I had registered on one of our Macs...got about 300 or so pix from an "80s new wave/post modern" slide show I made to choose from there. I'm sure I'll eventually remember to log on with a Mac so I can change it.

Unfortunately Niko I can only see a red cross.  You must have made a small mistake when you posted it.  Have a look in the 'Lend a Wing' bit, I'm sure there's step by step instructions posted.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/10/04 at 11:21 am

I can see it, but it's a bit big. There's a little horizontal scroll bar across the bottom of it. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/04 at 11:50 am

I can see it, but it's a bit big. There's a little horizontal scroll bar across the bottom of it. :)

Absolutely Vile

Me too

Cat

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 11:56 am

Yeah, I know. I hate this PC. I'm a Mac girl. I have no graphics/photo software on this stupid thing to resize it. No worries, I'll try to remember to fire up one of my Macs and change it in the next few days. :)

Written By: Apricot on 09/10/04 at 2:14 pm

My avatar is Isaac Brocks, a member of my favorite band. I wish he was my father, as the sig says.

Written By: onaree on 09/10/04 at 2:58 pm

Mine is from "Secret Window" starring Johnny Depp.  This was my favorite scene in the movie.  I loved the way the door swung back to reveal: "Shoot" Johnny in the middle "Her".  The whole movie came into context, even though I had it all figured out way before this point.

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/10/04 at 5:56 pm

mine is from my website..she represents me the best i think..listening to music and dancing..if she was carrying a purse and shopping she would resemble me that much more  ;)

Written By: Niko101 on 09/10/04 at 11:35 pm

Okay, got to my Mac finally :::ahhh, relaxation sets in:::
So, how's this one? Sized okay? It's a screen shot I took a long time ago from the vid for Wire "Eardrum Buzz." It's good ol' Fletch from DM taking care of his buzz. Approval? Hope so  :-*

Written By: joedeertae on 09/11/04 at 7:38 am

Mine was my hero Joe Dirt but I have changed mine to show support for my beloved Houston Texans.

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/11/04 at 8:54 am

Okay, got to my Mac finally :::ahhh, relaxation sets in:::
So, how's this one? Sized okay? It's a screen shot I took a long time ago from the vid for Wire "Eardrum Buzz." It's good ol' Fletch from DM taking care of his buzz. Approval? Hope so  :-*

You have my approval! I'm a Depeche Mode fan and I like your avatar a lot! (I'd like it even more if it was Martin Gore instead of Fletch!) ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Fred on 09/12/04 at 12:15 am

Bobby mentioned that he can tell what a person is about because of their avatar. I think that too.  ;)

Written By: Niko101 on 09/12/04 at 12:23 am

So, am I a smarta** or do I just like sticking my finger in my ear?  ???

Written By: Apricot on 09/12/04 at 9:00 pm

Tell me, what do you see in my Isaac Brock then?

I got a new pic, because a friend called my old pic "kinda gay."

In this one, Isaac is yelling into a microphone. Undoubtedly at a child or old person, making them feel bad.

That man is a god amongst men, I swear. I wish he were my father.

Written By: onaree on 09/13/04 at 6:48 am

Bobby mentioned that he can tell what a person is about because of their avatar. I think that too.  ;)

Does this mean I'm a deranged psyhcyo that wants to kill people?  I don't think I'm that bad, if I've had my medication.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/13/04 at 9:02 am

My current one is self-explanatory. ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Fred on 09/13/04 at 7:46 pm

Tell me, what do you see in my Isaac Brock then?

I got a new pic, because a friend called my old pic "kinda gay."

In this one, Isaac is yelling into a microphone. Undoubtedly at a child or old person, making them feel bad.

That man is a god amongst men, I swear. I wish he were my father.

The Moon Card is telling me that you like Isaac Brock.

Written By: Fred on 09/13/04 at 7:48 pm

Does this mean I'm a deranged psyhcyo that wants to kill people?  I don't think I'm that bad, if I've had my medication.   ;D

No, it could mean you're into mysterious people or things, or just want people to think that way about you.  ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 09/14/04 at 9:06 am

I just changed mine, since Autumn if my favorite season! I thought this was really pretty. See my house wayyyyyy back there in the woods!  ;) Just kidding, but I can wish can't I?!!  :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/14/04 at 9:37 am

my sig the is the band logo of the 80s one hit wonder band sigue sigue sputnik, a band that many people never heard of and if they did, hated the music.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/14/04 at 9:39 am

my sig the is the band logo of the 80s one hit wonder band sigue sigue sputnik, a band that many people never heard of and if they did, hated the music.

I've got the Flaunt It LP, and quite like it, actually...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Apricot on 09/14/04 at 2:34 pm

The Moon Card is telling me that you like Isaac Brock.

Genius! Pure Genius!  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 09/15/04 at 2:55 pm

;D

Written By: Fred on 09/16/04 at 7:19 pm

Genius! Pure Genius!  ;D

What can I say?  ;)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 09/24/04 at 5:37 pm

Mine is of Adam Ant circa 1978. Love that man! Not much I can say about him that you can't find on some other thread! I think I may be obsessed, but hey, everyone needs an obsession to be healthy, right Vile? :D ;D

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/24/04 at 6:22 pm

Mine is of Adam Ant circa 1978. Love that man! Not much I can say about him that you can't find on some other thread! I think I may be obsessed, but hey, everyone needs an obsession to be healthy, right Vile? :D ;D

Rio

Oh absolutely! (No pun intended...) ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: elefanten on 09/24/04 at 6:24 pm

Mine is Kottonmouth kings logo, it's a KMK, its an Alternative Rap/Rock group from Califonia

Written By: woops on 09/30/04 at 11:49 pm

A blue penguin.  :)

My sig line:

'80's pop singer Debbie (now Deborah) Gibson and a screenshot of "Little Red Riding Rabbit", a 1944 Bugs Bunny cartoon. The quote  ("I'll Do It, But I'll Hate Myself In The Morning") is from the cartoon mentioned.  I recently saw the cartoon again and liked that saying.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/01/04 at 12:01 am

My avatar now is a picture of John Foxx from 1978, from the cover of the Ultravox album Systems Of Romance. Underneath it is a quote from a song off that album. (I'm not going to say what it is because that would be giving away an answer to one of the questions in my Ultravox Lyrics Quiz. :))

My sig line before this was a picture of Warren Cann (off the back cover of the Vienna album) with a quote from the German version of a song from that same album (again, not saying because I'm not giving away any more quiz answers!) Presently, my sig line is...well...you can read, can't you?! :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: scarletgail on 10/02/04 at 9:14 am

I just changed mine to me :D

Written By: Apricot on 10/03/04 at 11:50 am

Changed mine a bit ago. Got another one of Isaac, this one from the video. I love the hat and mustache.  :D

Written By: elefanten on 10/03/04 at 11:52 am

A blue penguin.   :)

I though it was the sweedish flag

Written By: joedeertae on 10/04/04 at 5:29 am

I though it was the sweedish flag

::) Same here, I just realized it was a penguin and not a flag. :-[

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/04/04 at 8:56 am

Mine is now a picture of Ultravox circa 1978.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/04/04 at 9:00 am

Rest assured, I have heard of them !  :)

They sung "Love Missile F 1-11"  :)

Written By: nally on 03/28/05 at 12:24 pm

I just changed mine to me :D

I like it. :) You look very lovely.

Written By: Ansky1213 on 03/28/05 at 4:13 pm

I just changed mine. It is now the logo of my favorite TV show. Come on, guess which one!  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/28/05 at 8:57 pm

I changed mine, and got from Yahoo. It looks a bit like me!  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/28/05 at 9:05 pm

For now mine is the Fleetwood Mac Penguin :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/28/05 at 9:20 pm

Mine's Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII. My favorite character from one of my favorite games. Lucrecia is his old love interest, but someone else stole her... or killed her... or something, I haven't played it in a while, but he locked himself in a coffin for it.

My all-time favorite video game. Hands down.

All of their characters are great imo. I can't wait for the sequel. *knock on wood*

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/28/05 at 9:22 pm

Well, what can I say? It's really just a fill-in avatar until I find a better one.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/05 at 9:33 pm

mine is me

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/31/05 at 6:02 am

Well, what can I say? It's really just a fill-in avatar until I find a better one.

I Found a better one  ;D

It's Jiminy in a Batman suit (photoshopped)  ;D

Written By: karen on 03/31/05 at 6:09 am

Mine is of a statue at work

Written By: Apricot on 03/31/05 at 11:11 am

Mine's Elliott Smith. I like it, cause it's black and white and I think it represents me fairly well.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 4:10 pm

Mines me sitting in front of the England flag. Not sure what it's supposed to represent, but I like it. It took me ages to get the perfect shot

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/31/05 at 4:47 pm

you see my class got really bored in one of our class periods.  so we started making powerpoints.  they were just of random things like someone made one about the smartest kid in the school being ghey.  well then apricot made one and it had the picture i have for my avatar in it.  i liked it and decided to use it.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 4:53 pm

you see my class got really bored in one of our class periods.  so we started making powerpoints.  they were just of random things like someone made one about the smartest kid in the school being ghey.  well then apricot made one and it had the picture i have for my avatar in it.  i liked it and decided to use it.

that's a damn sight more interesting than mine. I sat infront of the England flag because I live in England... ???

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/31/05 at 4:57 pm

my life is pretty boring though.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 5:01 pm

my life is pretty boring though.

hello? I live in England! You can't get much more boring than that...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 03/31/05 at 6:04 pm

There, thought i'd spice mine up a bit by drawing out my original avatar! Hope you like it!..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 1:15 pm

my current avatar (today on April 1st) happens to be the face of Miss Robin....Howard's love

:-*

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/01/05 at 1:49 pm

This is an April Fools' joke. This is a picture of the duo Dollar, which I have never heard of before.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/05 at 2:45 pm

My current avatar...*pause*  is a picture that was taken of me..*Pause*... quite some time ago.

They call me....Salad Fingers...

come....*pause*....take a look see at my...*pause*.....webpage.

http://fat-pie.com/flash.htm

Written By: Howard on 04/01/05 at 5:02 pm

my current avatar (today on April 1st) happens to be the face of Miss Robin....Howard's love

:-*

Hi Robin ;)

Written By: jiminy on 04/01/05 at 5:32 pm

Curious George... anyone notice he seems to be hiding something under his yellow hat?  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 5:32 pm

hi sugarplum!

Robin  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/01/05 at 5:43 pm

hi sugarplum!

Robin  :P

Hello. :P

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/01/05 at 5:52 pm

A banana?!!!  ;D
Curious George... anyone notice he seems to be hiding something under his yellow hat?  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 04/01/05 at 6:01 pm

A banana?!!!  ;D

maybe  ::)

Written By: Heathcliff on 04/01/05 at 7:01 pm

Um... it's something I drew.  Kinda a long story, really.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 04/01/05 at 7:31 pm

Yeah, the person who made that one's pretty stupid...  ::)

no he isn't

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 04/01/05 at 8:04 pm

Mine is pretty obvious...

Debbie Harry of Blondie....or Deborah Harry, as she is now called...

She is one of my idols... 8)

Blondie

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/01/05 at 8:36 pm

My avatar is the Denver Broncos logo with opposite colors on either side.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/01/05 at 8:53 pm

Its some guy holding a baseball bat... What he's going to use it for, we do not know  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 10:02 pm

it's me with "too much cleavage", according to Beth! LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/05 at 11:07 pm

Your Boobi is practically hitting me in the face!

~Theb

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 11:08 pm

awww...it's not THAT bad!!

GOSH!

I don't hear anyone else complaining!!! LOL!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/05 at 11:11 pm

awww...it's not THAT bad!!

GOSH!

I don't hear anyone else complaining!!! LOL!

pshhh....getting cocky now to eh?

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/05 at 11:13 pm

humph!!

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/cussing.gif

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 12:46 am

Nice to see you again :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/05 at 12:47 am

hey jeff!!

what's wrong...didn't you like seeing "Robin"?????? LOL!!!

I was talking to Howard earlier this evening and he really thought that it was Robin...he thought that she signed in and joined and posted a fake pic to joke with him...he had no idea that it was even me! LOL!

that's cute!

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 04/02/05 at 12:49 am

humph!!

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/cussing.gif

Hey! I love your sig line Quirk!! Just thought I'd tell you....I've got 4 cats at home and 2 of them are black, so that picture caught my attention. :)

Blondie

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/05 at 12:53 am

Hey! I love your sig line Quirk!! Just thought I'd tell you....I've got 4 cats at home and 2 of them are black, so that picture caught my attention. :)

Blondie

awww..thank you! that's awesome! I LOVE cats...and have always had a special place in my heart for them...black cats are my fav...although the 2 cats that I have are: Anna is pure white and Kit-Kat is brown tabby cat...but I love them both!!

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 12:53 am

hey jeff!!

what's wrong...didn't you like seeing "Robin"?????? LOL!!!

No, that's not it...I liked the picture of Robin. Don't get me wrong. :-[ I am glad that I got to see what she looks like as well.

I still don't know when I'm gonna finally be able to get the picture of me to come up; I'm still having problems downloading it. If anything, I'll have to wait until the end of next month (after finals)...that's when I have another break.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/05 at 12:55 am

well...that's not what Robin really looks like.....I just found a pic of a pretty girl online and used it to pretend that I was Robin......it was an ultimate April Fools joke for Howard!!! I am still curious as to what she looks like...the "real" Robin that is! LOL!

That sucks about you not being able to post your pic.....too bad you don't have a scanner...they come in very handy.

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 1:01 am

well...that's not what Robin really looks like.....I just found a pic of a pretty girl online and used it to pretend that I was Robin......it was an ultimate April Fools joke for Howard!!! I am still curious as to what she looks like...the "real" Robin that is! LOL!

Now that you mention it, I didn't know that wasn't her. Only Horward knows for sure. I suppose I could have found a picture of a pretty girl (like GRS did) and posted it and said it was...oh never mind. :-\\

That sucks about you not being able to post your pic.....too bad you don't have a scanner...they come in very handy.

But there is one in my dad's office, like I said, but it's not his scanner. (It actually belongs to the production department, I think.) I was thinking I might go into his office and try posting the picture there, since it's still on his computer in his hard drive, but I won't be able to do that until after finals are over, which would be the end of next month.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/05 at 1:02 am

ah...i see
i am trying to work on getting a microphone so that i can post in that "what do you sound like" thread...that's really cool!

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 1:05 am

ah...i see
i am trying to work on getting a microphone so that i can post in that "what do you sound like" thread...that's really cool!

I know, it is cool! But guess what...I don't have one of those either. (A microphone, that is.) :-[

Oops...am I starting to go off topic here? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/02/05 at 1:07 am

hehehee....

naughty boy you...I won't tell if you won't!!! LOL!!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/02/05 at 2:22 am

*edited by a sober sputnikcorp*  :-[

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/05 at 12:00 pm

Mine is this lame-O rose that i had to use...because Inthe00s was being Ghetto and wouldn't let me upload my old picture.

~Beth

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/02/05 at 1:24 pm

For this month it's my son Blaine's headstone since he died four years ago...on the 26th :-\\

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/02/05 at 3:06 pm

<<<<<One of the Best Racing Games EVER!!!!!!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/02/05 at 3:11 pm

<<<<<One of the Best Racing Games EVER!!!!!!

THE best racing game ever (several magazines here in the UK gave it ratings like 10/10, 100% etc). Not a bad idea for an avatar. I've just updated mine to yet another drawn-out picture of myself

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/05 at 5:41 pm

Mine is this lame-O rose that i had to use...because Inthe00s was being Ghetto and wouldn't let me upload my old picture.

I like the Rose, actually.

Written By: jiminy on 04/02/05 at 5:47 pm

I like the Rose, actually.

but a leaf has more uses ;)

Written By: Techno383 on 04/02/05 at 6:22 pm

My favorite character of the X-Men

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/02/05 at 6:29 pm

My favorite character of the X-Men

Wow, you've been busy in the 10 minutes you've been here!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/05 at 10:46 pm

but a leaf has more uses ;)

Ohhh man.

~Beth ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/03/05 at 1:36 am

mine is one of those yahoo avatars that I created to look like me, because I saw a number of other people do those, but I'm getting sick of it so I think I'm going to change it to something else, but I don't know what yet.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/03/05 at 1:38 am

Its a photoshop..

Written By: Tam on 04/03/05 at 8:44 pm

it's an oil painting that my husband had done for us while he was in Iraq.
:)

Written By: nally on 04/03/05 at 8:45 pm

it's an oil painting that my husband had done for us while he was in Iraq.
:)

It looks very nice :) 8)

Written By: Tam on 04/03/05 at 8:48 pm

It looks very nice :) 8)

Thx Jeff

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/20/05 at 11:58 am

Changed mine again!!!  :D
It's just another drawn-out picture of myself (again), nothin special.
I just do it coz I think it looks cool  8)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/20/05 at 4:45 pm

It is a picture of the AWESOME Christian Bale as "BRUCE WAYNE" escorting two lovely ladies at a party. Because, he is a devonaire playboy. ;D

Man, Bale is the awesomeness though..I wish I could be more like him, the ladies wouldn't be able to get enough of me.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/20/05 at 4:49 pm

I wish I could be more like him, the ladies wouldn't be able to get enough of me.

cool!  ;D
nice avatar, alex!

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/20/05 at 5:13 pm

Mine is my name printed on the back of a St Louis Cardinals Jersey..

I made another for a different member..

Which had to actually be photoshopped.. this however didn't. Which is good.. cus i am lazy.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 04/20/05 at 5:32 pm

Well, mine's based on "inside jokes" that only a few people here would know.  So I'll do my best to explain:

You see, on Pi Day 2005 (March 14 for you non-nerds), I created a PowerPoint to celebrate the occasion.  Not a normal PowerPoint, it was more like a talk show, with Pi Guy as the host.  Pi Guy is the little figure in the left of my avatar.

Now, one of his guests was Huey Lewis.  Because it's hip to be square, Mr. Lewis to Pi Guy to the next power by squaring him.  That statement explains the rest of my avatar.  And if you don't get it, ask a math teacher.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/20/05 at 5:33 pm

It's my son Blaine's headstone...until the end of the month :\'(

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/20/05 at 6:32 pm

she-ra. i'm a collector.

of course, when i say 'collector' i mean 'geek'.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/20/05 at 6:38 pm

It's my son Blaine's headstone...until the end of the month :\'(

Is your last name Steele as well? If so, I hate to put a damper on a serious subject but that is a cool surname.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/20/05 at 6:39 pm

Is your last name Steele as well? If so, I hate to put a damper on a serious subject but that is a cool surname.

LMAO! I was thinking that, but decided this wasn't the best time to mention it.

Well, if it makes you feel a bit better Mark, it is a righteous last name.

Steele... Rock.. Dang You.. Your's is harder!!!

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/20/05 at 6:47 pm

<<<< One strong Black woman that I admire, even if she is just a comic Book Character

Just in case you don't know, that is "Storm" from the X-men.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/20/05 at 6:49 pm

<<<< One strong Black woman that I admire, even if she is just a comic Book Character

Just in case you don't know, that is "Storm" from the X-men.

Cool. Catwoman/Selina Kyle has been portrayed as African-American at times. Although the character isn't really race specific. In certain prints of "Batman: Year One" she was black, and in some she wasn't. Which was kind of odd.

Anyway she is my favorite female character from a graphic novel period.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/20/05 at 6:55 pm

It's alright. I raised him from the time he was 11 months old...we spent years trying to find his biological dad so I could adopt him but had no luck. He liked his name as well and even had well, see for yourself.....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/20/05 at 6:57 pm

LMAO! I was thinking that, but decided this wasn't the best time to mention it.

Well, if it makes you feel a bit better Mark, it is a righteous last name.

Steele... Rock.. Dang You.. Your's is harder!!!
No worries :) BTW, he was a "Real" wrestler ;)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/20/05 at 6:57 pm

It's alright. I raised him from the time he was 11 months old...we spent years trying to find his biological dad so I could adopt him but had no luck. He liked his name as well and even had well, see for yourself.....

Oh, cool.

Sorry to hear you could never locate the biological father.

So I take that Steele was just Blaine's surname?

What is your's? if you don't mind me asking.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/20/05 at 6:59 pm

Oh, cool.

Sorry to hear you could never locate the biological father.

So I take that Steele was just Blaine's surname?

What is your's? if you don't mind me asking.
Yep, my exs' maiden name. Thanks.  I'm Italian and it's Petta :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/20/05 at 7:01 pm

Yep, my exs' maiden name. Thanks. I'm Italian and it's Petta :)

Cool. :)

Written By: DevoRule on 04/20/05 at 7:02 pm

It's a pick of a-ha.  I would put up Devo but the picture wouldn't load  ;D

My line "Posse of One, son!" is referring to my as-yet-unkown solo hip-hop act Posse of One.  Sometime I'll post one of my instrumental.

Written By: nally on 05/29/05 at 9:43 pm

Well, mine's based on "inside jokes" that only a few people here would know.  So I'll do my best to explain:

You see, on Pi Day 2005 (March 14 for you non-nerds), I created a PowerPoint to celebrate the occasion.  Not a normal PowerPoint, it was more like a talk show, with Pi Guy as the host.  Pi Guy is the little figure in the left of my avatar.

Now, one of his guests was Huey Lewis.  Because it's hip to be square, Mr. Lewis to Pi Guy to the next power by squaring him.  That statement explains the rest of my avatar.  And if you don't get it, ask a math teacher.

That's interesting. ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/29/05 at 9:52 pm

That's interesting. ;)

Oh, it is. I'm one of those that are in on the joke. It's awesome.

Written By: Apricot on 05/29/05 at 9:52 pm

Mine is Nick Diamond, Unicorns lead singer.

Written By: scarletgail on 05/29/05 at 10:08 pm

mine's of marlo thomas when she played in That Girl 8)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 5:16 am

Mines an old school pic of me that I found when I was clearing out my cupboard the other day. I was probs about 10 years old in the pic, so I guess it was taken about 7 years ago(ish). Cool pic though  8)

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/30/05 at 7:20 am

Mine is Jesus Christ holding the US Flag after having been branded with a bastardized cruciform on his back.

It's outstanding.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 7:22 am

Mine is Jesus Christ holding the US Flag after having been branded with a bastardized cruciform on his back.

It's outstanding.

I always wondered what it was. Very cool though  8)

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/30/05 at 7:36 am

I always wondered what it was. Very cool though  8)

I usually tend to rate mine on how many people they have upset.  ;D

My old one of Cactus Jack after the King of the Death Match tournament received a lot of complaints  ;D ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 7:39 am

I usually tend to rate mine on how many people they have upset.  ;D

My old one of Cactus Jack after the King of the Death Match tournament received a lot of complaints  ;D ;D

;D Cool! Well, you're getting no complaints from me  :)

Written By: YWN on 05/30/05 at 7:53 am

Mine is a picture of myself, and I've heard it looks homicidal.

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 9:41 am

This thread is funny- mainly 'cos it's so old that most people have changed their avatars since making their last post here- with some confusing results. Mine is a photo of my daughter & myself on a helter-skelter ride, my text is a cautionary tale from a Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy song...peace!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 9:44 am

I have not change mine yet.

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 9:53 am

It's good to see, Mr Eno. A steadfast rock, in an ever-changing world, Babbage would have been proud!

You don't have a brother called Brian, do you?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 10:19 am

It's good to see, Mr Eno. A steadfast rock, in an ever-changing world, Babbage would have been proud!

You don't have a brother called Brian, do you?!
I am no relation to Mr Brian Eno, in fact Eno is my screen name, with the my real name being Philip.

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 10:26 am

I am no relation to Mr Brian Eno, in fact Eno is my screen name, with the my real name being Philip.

Ah, it was worth a try. Goodsin's not my real name either, surprisingly enough; it's 'cos my surname's Woods, it's a nickname I picked up when I used to work in a warehouse, Goods Inwards & all that...

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 10:27 am

are you called Philip or do people shorten it to maybe "Phil" or just plain "lip"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/30/05 at 11:03 am

My favorite runner, Steve Prefontaine. Today is the 30th anniversary of his death at age 24 :\'(

He was the greatest long distance runner in American History and by far one of the most popular Track and Field athlete's of all time. At the time of his death at a young age of 24, Pre held 14 American Track and Field Records from 2,000 meters to 10, 000 meters.

For five years, no American runner could beat Pre at any distance over a mile. Then in May 1975 "PRE" finally lost. Driving home, Steve Prefontaine died in a one car rollover accident. PRE's death was not just another drinking and driving accident, it was the night, The American Distance runner died..

He continues to hold the high school 2 mile record of 8:41.5, set his senior year in 1969.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 12:37 pm

are you called Philip or do people shorten it to maybe "Phil" or just plain "lip"
I have always preferred Philip

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/30/05 at 12:40 pm

I used to have a picture of Baltimora along with the lines "It's life Jim, but not as we not it".
It seemed to somehow frighten people though... :-\\

So recently I changed it and now I'm using a picture of me when I was about eight.
"Youth is wasted on the young" is, I believe, a line from a Robbie Williams song, but I can't remember which one.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 12:42 pm

I used to have a picture of Baltimora along with the lines "It's life Jim, but not as we not it".

So recently I changed it and now I'm using a picture of me when I was about eight.
"Youth is wasted on the young" is, I believe, a line from a Robbie Williams song, but I can't remember which one.

Youth is wasted on the young, before you know it's come and gone too soon
You were there for summer dreamin' and you gave me what I need so I hope you find your freedom for eternity

I believe it is his 2001 summer number one single "Eternity" which you are referring to. Eternity was a double a side with "Road To Mandalay" which was also the title of Robbie's short film of the same year  :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/30/05 at 12:45 pm

Youth is wasted on the young, before you know it's come and gone too soon
You were there for summer dreamin' and you gave me what I need so I hope you find your freedom for eternity

I believe it is his 2001 summer number one single "Eternity" which you are referring to. Eternity was a double a side with "Road To Mandalay" which was also the title of Robbie's short film of the same year  :)

Thanks Michael!  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 05/30/05 at 12:48 pm

I guess this would be a Faulty Dog ::)
http://homepages.donobi.net/pbch/three-legged%20dog.jpg

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/30/05 at 12:52 pm

I guess this would be a Faulty Dog ::)
http://homepages.donobi.net/pbch/three-legged%20dog.jpg

Indeed it would be - but I prefer to see myself.  8)

Written By: nally on 05/31/05 at 10:56 pm

I haven't changed mine either; nor do I intend to. As a reminder, mine is Shakira. :)

Written By: YWN on 05/31/05 at 10:59 pm

Avatars act as mnemonics.  I think of DAK, and I think of a little boy.  I think of Jeff Opus, and I think of Shakira.  I'm not even going to get into what happens when Jeff Opus thinks about Shakira, but the point is, people remember you by your avatar.  My avatar is a picture of me.  That way, when you think of me, you really do get a mental image of me.

Written By: nally on 05/31/05 at 11:01 pm

Well, Shakira is a singer whose music I like, which is one reason why I chose her; also, most of the ones in the library (where you edit your profile) weren't all that appealing to me.

By the way, "Opus" is my current ranking position; ever since I made my 25,000th post, that's where I've stood.

Written By: YWN on 05/31/05 at 11:04 pm

Oops, should've noticed that.  They just run into each other.

Written By: nally on 05/31/05 at 11:11 pm

Oops, should've noticed that.  They just run into each other.

Yeah...things like that can get confusing. Just remember that the line of text above the star(s) indicates the ranking; yours right now is Bud Ice Penguin. :)

Written By: scarletgail on 06/01/05 at 2:18 am

mine's of marlo thomas when she played in That Girl 8)
ok now i've changed mine again and this is my dog loaf reading the newspaper ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/01/05 at 2:41 am

Mine is pretty well stuck now (for a while longer than any of the other avatars anyway) with slight variations of the same character.

The signature line will change every week or so (when I remember)  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/01/05 at 2:43 am

Well, Shakira is a singer whose music I like, which is one reason why I chose her; also, most of the ones in the library (where you edit your profile) weren't all that appealing to me.

By the way, "Opus" is my current ranking position; ever since I made my 25,000th post, that's where I've stood.
"Jeff Opus"... name sound familiar  :o

Written By: NbC on 06/01/05 at 3:38 am

My current one is of my bird, Connor. 

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:12 am

I haven't changed mine either; nor do I intend to. As a reminder, mine is Shakira. :)

THAT'S SHAKIRA? OH MY GOD! I HAD NO CLUE WHO THAT WOMAN IN YOUR AVATAR WAS! SO THAT'S WHAT 'Shakira is so hot!' MEANT! OH!!!!!  ;D

Avatars act as mnemonics.  I think of DAK, and I think of a little boy.  I think of Jeff Opus, and I think of Shakira.  I'm not even going to get into what happens when Jeff Opus thinks about Shakira, but the point is, people remember you by your avatar.  My avatar is a picture of me.  That way, when you think of me, you really do get a mental image of me.

So do you think of a stream of Greek Characters when you think of me?  ;D I Guess it'd be Nick Diamond for you, considering I had him for a long time of your stay here on the Place.

But yeah, people remember you. So I'm trying to find the best memory possible.. I'm thinking it might be Beck or Nick Diamond.

Written By: Zebra on 06/01/05 at 5:25 am

What a surprise:
Mine is the tatoo on my shoulder. :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:30 am

Well, if you haven't seen "Ask Apricot" {or wherever we had this discussion}.. mine is Greek letters for "I Am The Jury", from a Moistboyz song.

Written By: nally on 06/01/05 at 2:48 pm

THAT'S SHAKIRA? OH MY GOD! I HAD NO CLUE WHO THAT WOMAN IN YOUR AVATAR WAS! SO THAT'S WHAT 'Shakira is so hot!' MEANT! OH!!!!!  ;D

On some of these, you can simply right click on the picture and go to "Properties"...a dialog box will come up listing all the Properties; where it says "Address", it gives the URL of the picture. :)

"Jeff Opus"... name sound familiar :o

In case you're wondering, my last name is Nelson. ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 4:45 pm

Recently changed mine to the badge of my favourite football (soccer) team, Sunderland AFC. We're back in the premiership next season, and I have high hopes  :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 4:45 pm

Recently changed mine to the badge of my favourite football (soccer) team, Sunderland AFC. We're back in the premiership next season, and I have high hopes  :)

That's a nice coat of arms ya got thurrrrr.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/05 at 4:46 pm

Mine is some....fairy.....thing....

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 4:47 pm

Mine is some....fairy.....thing....

Whatever it is, I like it. Best of your avatars so far.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 4:48 pm

That's a nice coat of arms ya got thurrrrr.

Thanx, you can make it out so well on the pic, but one of the corners of the badge is one of the cities landmarks, 'Penshaw Monument', which is thought to have been built by the Greeks. red and white are the colours of the team's home strip, and I have no idea what the latin beneath the badge means

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/05 at 4:49 pm

Whatever it is, I like it. Best of your avatars so far.

Yeah, I think so too....I've grown very attached to it. So, it shall remain....

~Beth

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 5:13 pm

Yeah, I think so too....I've grown very attached to it. So, it shall remain....

~Beth

I've also gotta admit, it's one of the best ones you've had (that i've seen). not that i can remember any of the rest, of course...

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:19 pm

I've also gotta admit, it's one of the best ones you've had (that i've seen). not that i can remember any of the rest, of course...

Say, that reminds me:

For DAK, or ANYONE WHO CAN REMEMBER MY AVATARS:

Which was best for me? Not like which one you liked, which one personified me best?

Written By: YWN on 06/01/05 at 5:20 pm

Make it a picture of yourself like I did.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 5:22 pm

Say, that reminds me:

For DAK, or ANYONE WHO CAN REMEMBER MY AVATARS:

Which was best for me? Not like which one you liked, which one personified me best?

Um... the only ones I can remember you having was your last one (the guy playing guitar), the one which said underneath it (Look how long i've become) and had the picture of some guy on it, and the one which shows that blokey's face with wierd coloured things on it.
To be honest, I like your new one better, but since you're asking which one personified you best, i'd have to go with the blokey with the coloured things on his face. Hope that helps

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:23 pm

Make it a picture of yourself like I did.

My pictures suck, though. I want a picture of someone else to personify me. That way, aside from it being not me, it'll show people who I am. I used Sea Change Beck for a while because I was really sad and lovesick... fitting. I used The Cowboy Pimp Beck because I was feeling really good for a while. I use my Greek one now because.. Well, I don't know. That's why I'm trying to find a permanent avatar.. and I want it to be one of my older ones, older meaning previously-used at any time.

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:24 pm

Um... the only ones I can remember you having was your last one (the guy playing guitar), the one which said underneath it (Look how long i've become) and had the picture of some guy on it, and the one which shows that blokey's face with wierd coloured things on it.
To be honest, I like your new one better, but since you're asking which one personified you best, i'd have to go with the blokey with the coloured things on his face. Hope that helps

Look how LONG I've become? Let's not.  ;D

But anyway... yeah, you're describing Sea Change Beck, it sounds like. That's one vote for Sea Change Beck... any others? I'll give this a while.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 5:25 pm

Look how LONG I've become? Let's not.  ;D

But anyway... yeah, you're describing Sea Change Beck, it sounds like. That's one vote for Sea Change Beck... any others? I'll give this a while.

it would be easier to record votes in a thread in the form of a poll. just a piece of helpful advice

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 5:26 pm

it would be easier to record votes in a thread in the form of a poll. just a piece of helpful advice

Yeah, but I don't wanna start a stupid thread nobody wants to hear about... Oh, I got it!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 5:27 pm

Yeah, but I don't wanna start a stupid thread nobody wants to hear about...

Why not? Marshal does it all the time  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/01/05 at 5:48 pm

'Cot.. here is your new one.
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/s/Slipknot/sq-guitarist-mick-thompson.jpg

Written By: woops on 06/01/05 at 6:05 pm

'80's pop singer Debbie Gibson (circa: 1988)

Bottom sig picture: Deborah Gibson (present)  :)  8)  :-*  ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/05 at 6:05 pm

My pictures suck, though. I want a picture of someone else to personify me. That way, aside from it being not me, it'll show people who I am. I used Sea Change Beck for a while because I was really sad and lovesick... fitting. I used The Cowboy Pimp Beck because I was feeling really good for a while. I use my Greek one now because.. Well, I don't know. That's why I'm trying to find a permanent avatar.. and I want it to be one of my older ones, older meaning previously-used at any time.

I'll just post this here too..

(Cough) Black and white Beck (Cough)

It had a certain attitude about it.....

It had....S.T.Y.L.E.......style...

~Beth

Written By: nally on 06/01/05 at 6:26 pm

'80's pop singer Debbie Gibson (circa: 1988)

Bottom sig picture: Deborah Gibson (present)  :)  8)  :-*  ;)

I can tell you're a big fan of her. 8)

Written By: Apricot on 06/01/05 at 6:28 pm

Why not? Marshal does it all the time  ;D

Yeah, but someone will get mad.. and I don't wanna get the "La La LAME" pic.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/05 at 6:32 pm

mine is a picture of myself.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 6:32 pm

Wow, really?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/01/05 at 6:35 pm

Wow, really?  ::)

Yes,really ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 6:41 pm

Yes,really ;D

Wow, never saw THAT one coming  ::) ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/01/05 at 11:43 pm

Ahhh... so that's what you look like?!  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/02/05 at 5:36 am

Ahhh... so that's what you look like?!  ::)

Psst, naw.. I was picturing something like this:

http://members.aol.com/jimjbeat/gallery2/ween.jpg

That's right, he's two guys.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/05 at 5:43 am

My current one is a Christmas card print by 1930's childrens illustrator/artist Margaret Tarrant

She illustrated masses of books with charming pictures of elves, pixies, animals and birds dancing and playing together.    ;D  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/02/05 at 2:55 pm

Psst, naw.. I was picturing something like this:

http://members.aol.com/jimjbeat/gallery2/ween.jpg

That's right, he's two guys.

ooh like the glasses Apricot - you look very studious  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 06/02/05 at 2:59 pm

Thank you.. but they aren't mine.  ;D I stole them from a female classmate for that picture.  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/02/05 at 11:01 pm

Mr. Tumnus, I love your current avatar the best!

~Beth

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/05 at 11:24 pm

It's the Coors Light Twins ;)

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 5:05 am

Mr. Tumnus, I love your current avatar the best!

I too. It just works for you.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/03/05 at 5:06 am

Mine could do with shaving that stupid half-goaty off.  ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/03/05 at 2:48 pm

A favourite piece of art.

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 2:56 pm

Mine could do with shaving that stupid half-goaty off.  ::)

Nah, it works for him... though he looks too much like Stan.

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/03/05 at 3:52 pm

Personally..

Much Better!

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 4:15 pm

Dude, that ROCKS! I love it!

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/03/05 at 4:43 pm

Dude, that ROCKS! I love it!

*Beaming*

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 4:46 pm

Although GRS isn't too metal...

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/03/05 at 4:47 pm

Although GRS isn't too metal...

Which is why he needs help.

I will draw him away from the wuss Rock with the power of the Metal Side!

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 4:50 pm

Believe me, dude, once you've listened to Neutral Milk Hotel... there's no getting you. It's just too un-metal... You may try, you may think you have a metal man.. but in reality, that Indie will always live inside of him... beating.. beating.. waiting for the day it can come out and overtake him..

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/03/05 at 4:51 pm

Believe me, dude, once you've listened to Neutral Milk Hotel... there's no getting you. It's just too un-metal... You may try, you may think you have a metal man.. but in reality, that Indie will always live inside of him... beating.. beating.. waiting for the day it can come out and overtake him..

Anything with as dopey name as that can't be hard to beat  ;D

It's like they thumbed through the dictionary and stopped on any page they opened  ;D

Let's not get in to this one

Written By: Apricot on 06/03/05 at 5:04 pm

Yeah, I gotta agree... I really don't know what they were thinking.

"So guys... *hits acid*... we really need a band name *hits acid*."
"Hmm... *hits acid* you're right! But what?"
"Something threatening.. but in a pacifistic sort of way... something tasty... in a gross kind of way... something random... in a planned kind of way...*hits acid*"
"Hmmm.. Stable? No. Not-Side-Taking? No. Neutral? Good."
"Next word? *hits acid*"
"Hmm.... Pizza? Naw. *hits acid*" Acid? No, definetly not... MILK! BINGO!"
"Good. One More?"
"You know what, f-ck this, let's just point out the window at something. *points* HOTEL!"

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/04/05 at 4:06 pm

That was SO yesterday......

I've changed my avatar. Now it shows a fragment of a painting by Joan Miro, titled "Dog barking at the moon". That's one pretty faulty dog there....

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/04/05 at 7:05 pm

< Still the same character, just different clothes. (And hes had a shave)

Written By: scarletgail on 06/05/05 at 1:16 am

i changed mine again ::) this was on halloween a couple yrs ago and that's me biting my boss's neck :o

Written By: Zebra on 06/05/05 at 4:53 am

i changed mine again ::) this was on halloween a couple yrs ago and that's me biting my boss's neck :o

Here here here!!!!! Here is my neck!!!!!  ;D

Written By: Kyle on 06/05/05 at 4:15 pm

Mine's nothing new - it is just a cute girl in a purple shirt that looks a lot like me.  At St. Louis Park, there is a girl in the drum section that looks a lot like me, too, and she secretly - NO WAIT!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/05/05 at 4:32 pm

Mine's nothing new - it is just a cute girl in a purple shirt that looks a lot like me.  At St. Louis Park, there is a girl in the drum section that looks a lot like me, too, and she secretly - NO WAIT!

*awkward pause*......wait, what??  :o  ???

~Beth

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/05/05 at 4:40 pm

HEY! COME BACK HERE YOU PUNK!  >:(
Have you been after my daughter again?  ??? >:(

Written By: nally on 06/05/05 at 5:22 pm

What?! The shirt looks a lot like you? ???

Written By: Apricot on 06/05/05 at 6:04 pm

What?! The shirt looks a lot like you? ???

;D That's awesome..

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/05/05 at 6:20 pm

Do you live in St Louis then?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/05/05 at 6:23 pm

Decided upon absolutely no basis whatsoever to change mine to the england badge and change my sig to the 3 Lions 98 song lyrics, oh, and put a little comment under the pic which says 'Pride. Passion. Belief', coz (apparently) that's what the england national football team stand for

yeah, right!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: scarletgail on 06/05/05 at 9:27 pm

Here here here!!!!! Here is my neck!!!!!  ;D
lol why ty that makes my nite easier dion't have to go on the prawl ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/05/05 at 11:11 pm

My current avatar is a picture of Max Headroom.

Written By: Zebra on 06/06/05 at 5:01 am

lol why ty that makes my nite easier dion't have to go on the prawl ;D

Yes of course! And mine even too ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/06/05 at 12:36 pm

Mine is back to the original animated DAK theme, but this time with a twist...  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 06/06/05 at 5:20 pm

Mine is back to the original animated DAK theme, but this time with a twist...  ::)

Dumb A** Kartoon?  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/06/05 at 5:21 pm

Dumb A** Kartoon?  ;D

I suppose you could say that!  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/10/05 at 10:36 am

Dumb A** Kartoon?  ;D

I suppose you could say that! ;D

I was thinking that myself! Good one, Jiminy! ;D

NEXT PAGE: Tell us about your (current) avatar

Check for new replies or respond here...