» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: The Feel Great, Good News Thread!

Written By: Apricot on 08/31/04 at 7:12 pm

I, too, am honored by being respected by all of you. *polite bow* I do not mean to cause division with my list, I mean to honor respectable qualities in people.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/01/04 at 9:37 am

Yesterday was a really good day. I had lunch with a friend at our "usual" place. The hostess asked me about the food shelf which I told her I wasn't working there anymore. That surprised her but she bought me a drink (not the first one she has bought me). How do you say no to a free drink?  ;)

The picnic at the college president's house was a lot of fun. I got to see people from the college I don't get to see too often. A couple of people also asked me about the food shelf. (Yes, my reputation about the food shelf gets around) and I had to inform them, too that I was no longer working there-including the pres. I found out that the pres is planning a retirement party for Carlos. He asked, "Do you have to?" and the pres said yes. He may not be looking forward to it but I am.  ;D  Of course I made a lot of jokes about him being around ALL the time.

The concert last night was great too (always is). It is a group called the Wood's Tea Company. If anyone ever has a chance to see them-I HIGHLY recommend it. They play a lot of Irish folk, sea shanties and other songs. They put on a really GREAT show. They really get the audiance into it. People were up and dancing, clapping and singing along.

Besides the fact that I ate too much yesterday and felt a bit uncomfortable full, it was a wonderful day and today I feel really good (even though I am a bit tired-stayed up too late last night).

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/01/04 at 12:11 pm

I had my fitness "assessment" Monday and did better than I thought.  Of course, I need to work on my flexibility (which has always sucked...who's ever heard of a cheerleader who couldn't even do the splits ;D), but everything else was average or above.  :)

Flexibility has never been one of my strong suits wither, cheer.

Last time my doctor gave me one of those "flexibility tests" where you put your feet up against this box and see how far you can push a ruler back, I could not even touch the ruler!  He had to get out this rig that they use for elderly people and people with disabilities.

Nothing wrong with me.  In good health and all.  Just zero flexibility.  :P

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/04 at 12:57 pm

Rice Cube brought me roses last night. 'Nuff said. :) :-*

Written By: Apricot on 09/01/04 at 6:20 pm

I can't sleep, I can't eat... I'm either leaving or entering some extreme depression. Can't tell.

Written By: Bobby on 09/01/04 at 7:01 pm

I do not mean to cause division with my list, I mean to honor respectable qualities in people.

LOL I know that - and you won't. It's just that I frequented an old wrestling site and everybody had their own respect list (I was featured on many of the lists) but it just seemed a bit weird to me. Anyway, I didn't realise I had any respectable qualities (anybody got any violins?)

Written By: Howard on 09/01/04 at 8:53 pm

I, too, am honored by being respected by all of you. *polite bow* I do not mean to cause division with my list, I mean to honor respectable qualities in people.

That's Ok Apricot.It's quite alright. ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/01/04 at 8:55 pm

The Good News is that it won't be raining when I get to my friend's house up in Albany.

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/04 at 7:23 pm

Have a safe trip, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:04 pm

Have a safe trip, Howard.

Thanks and see you on Monday. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-030.gif

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/02/04 at 8:06 pm

Thanks and see you on Monday. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-030.gif

Howard

Woo hoo!!!!  Have a great trip!!!  Tell Robert we all said hello from the Decades Messageboards!!

LB
:) ;D 8)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:07 pm

Well,the good news is that 2004 is almost over.Only 3 more months to go.
I can't even believe how fast this year has been. :o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 8:08 pm

Woo hoo!!!!  Have a great trip!!!  Tell Robert we all said hello from the Decades Messageboards!!

LB
:) ;D 8)

Thank You I will. ;D

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/04 at 3:05 pm

It has been about a month since I quit my volunteer position. I think I am starting to let go of the anger I had felt and I don't think about it too much anymore-well, not AS much. I know in time, it will just be a distant memory. But, I have noticed that I am not as stressed as I used to be. We had some friends over last night. They remarked that the last time they came to dinner I was very stressed. This time, I wasn't. So that is my "feel great" news-I'm not stressed out like I was.  ;D ;D ;D So, I think quitting a good move.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 5:09 pm

It has been about a month since I quit my volunteer position. I think I am starting to let go of the anger I had felt and I don't think about it too much anymore-well, not AS much. I know in time, it will just be a distant memory. But, I have noticed that I am not as stressed as I used to be. We had some friends over last night. They remarked that the last time they came to dinner I was very stressed. This time, I wasn't. So that is my "feel great" news-I'm not stressed out like I was.  ;D ;D ;D So, I think quitting a good move.

Letting go of a stressful situation is really good news, Catwoman. Well done.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/06/04 at 6:02 am

I'm wide awake at 5am...maybe I'll watch the sunrise 8)

Written By: Bobby on 09/06/04 at 6:20 pm

I'm wide awake at 5am...maybe I'll watch the sunrise 8)

Watching the sunrise can be quite therapeutic, RockandRollFan. If only I was capable of getting up that early.  :D

I got woke up this morning at 3:00am because a burglar alarm from the British Legion sounded across the road. Half an hour of hi-pitched beeping kept us awake.  >:(

It was literally a false alarm. Some bloke in a taxi with a load of keys came around to sort it out apparently.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/07/04 at 12:42 pm

Watching the sunrise can be quite therapeutic, RockandRollFan. If only I was capable of getting up that early.  :D

I got woke up this morning at 3:00am because a burglar alarm from the British Legion sounded across the road. Half an hour of hi-pitched beeping kept us awake.  >:(

It was literally a false alarm. Some bloke in a taxi with a load of keys came around to sort it out apparently.
I do love watching the sunrise....as long as I can fall back to sleep for another hour or two later ::)

Sounds like the British Legion needs to relocate.

Written By: Bobby on 09/07/04 at 4:59 pm

I do love watching the sunrise....as long as I can fall back to sleep for another hour or two later ::)

Sounds like the British Legion needs to relocate.

It needs to be demolished IMO. The people that go there don't even use their own car park! They use our parking spaces! 

You can tell when they are going home at 11:30pm because all you hear for half an hour is 'Goodbye Bill, Goodbye Jim, Goodbye Doreen . . . '  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/07/04 at 5:30 pm

It needs to be demolished IMO. The people that go there don't even use their own car park! They use our parking spaces! 

You can tell when they are going home at 11:30pm because all you hear for half an hour is 'Goodbye Bill, Goodbye Jim, Goodbye Doreen . . . '  ::)
It's kinda the same thing at my shop in Manitou Springs...thier are apartments above the shop and one guy insists on blasting the Bass most mornings. We also have the "Bikers" who have FINALLY come under fire here for all the noise they make...next the car stereo rap-crap may also finally get turned DOWN!

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 7:59 pm

The good news is I start my volunteer site Thursday and it was great to see my old friend who now lives in Niskayuna. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/07/04 at 10:45 pm

My 1 year old granddaughter just talked to me on the phone :)

Written By: karen on 09/08/04 at 3:33 am

That sounds so sweet Mark.  I know how much my in-laws love talking on the phone to my two.  I think they were a bit older than that before they started though.  It took ELizabeth ages to realise she had to say yes and not just nod her head!

Just one question.  Did you actually understand what she said?!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/04 at 10:41 am

Gotta tell you this story, when my niece was about 3, my sister called my mother and put her on the phone. At first she was kind of shy but my sister talked her into singing a song to "Grandma" That really got her to open up "Grandma", kept saying, "That's nice, but please put Mommy back on the phone." "Wait, I have one more". About 15 songs later (long distance) my sister was finally able to get back on the phone with my mother.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 11:36 am

Gotta tell you this story, when my niece was about 3, my sister called my mother and put her on the phone. At first she was kind of shy but my sister talked her into singing a song to "Grandma" That really got her to open up "Grandma", kept saying, "That's nice, but please put Mommy back on the phone." "Wait, I have one more". About 15 songs later (long distance) my sister was finally able to get back on the phone with my mother.

Cat
Thanks for sharing, Cat! I was fortunate enough to have her "Talk" to me for about 2 minutes ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 11:37 am

The Pool Table guy is at my shop right now...setting up my table :D

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 6:12 pm

She's okay! She's out of the hospital, and her friend is no longer comatose. Things are okay again!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/04 at 6:14 pm

She's okay! She's out of the hospital, and her friend is no longer comatose. Things are okay again!

As I said on the other thread, I am glad to hear that. Carlos also wants me to say that he also please to hear this and sends his heartfelt wishes. (Why he doesn't make the post himself is beyond me.  ::))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 8:14 pm

I start 930am at The American Cancer Society volunteering tomorrow. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/08/04 at 9:50 pm

That's awesome news, Apricot....I will keep praying ;)

Written By: karen on 09/09/04 at 4:16 am

Great news Apricot.  Hope they both continue to improve

Written By: karen on 09/09/04 at 4:17 am

Howard

Hope that goes well Howard.  Let us all know how you get on.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/09/04 at 10:46 am

Howard

Have fun at the ACS gig, Howard!  :)

LB

Written By: SuperFreak on 09/09/04 at 12:13 pm

Have fun, Howard ;)

today i am home after a morning workout at the gym. time to relax :)

Written By: Apricot on 09/09/04 at 5:07 pm

That's great news.  It's amazing that things have turned around so quickly!!

It is. I've been praying and crying nonstop for the past week, maybe that had something to do with it.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/04 at 5:57 pm

Wow. Quite a turnaround indeed. Very good. See? You can claim happiness.  ;)

Written By: jaytee on 09/09/04 at 6:12 pm

It is. I've been praying and crying nonstop for the past week, maybe that had something to do with it.  ;D

Glad to hear your prayers were answered Apricot :)

Written By: gemini61 on 09/09/04 at 7:00 pm

Well, I just got a great phone call! My daughter just got hired for her first job! She doesn't even know yet, since she's not home right now. She plays guitar and has been going to this little music store in town to buy guitar books and loves to look at the guitars. And she's been dying to work there! She is going to be so happy! And I'm really excited for her!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/04 at 7:44 pm

Well, I just got a great phone call! My daughter just got hired for her first job! She doesn't even know yet, since she's not home right now. She plays guitar and has been going to this little music store in town to buy guitar books and loves to look at the guitars. And she's been dying to work there! She is going to be so happy! And I'm really excited for her!  ;D

That is cracking news, gemini. Your daughter may be able to sneak a guitar solo while the manager is away.  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 09/09/04 at 7:52 pm

Glad to hear your prayers were answered Apricot :)

As am I. I was beginning to think there was no God.

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 9:09 pm

Hope that goes well Howard.  Let us all know how you get on.

I started today but the supervisor Heather Reagan never knew that I was going to be working Thursday and Friday from 9am-1pm so she said that there really isn't anything planned for you for Friday.We only get volunteers for big huge events such as Cancer Care.So,I will have to go back to my case manager tomorrow and have her talk to my supervisor on the phone and see if she can work things out with her.I was disappointed. :(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 9:12 pm

Have fun at the ACS gig, Howard!  :)

LB

LB,you can read my post that I wrote before.

Howard

Written By: karen on 09/10/04 at 3:44 am

What a bummer Howard.  I'm sorry things didn't quite work out how you'd hoped.  I know you've been looking forward to starting this work.

Let's hope your case manager and supervisor can work something out.  It's the first time I've heard of a volunteer being turned away!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/04 at 5:43 am

I started today but the supervisor Heather Reagan never knew that I was going to be working Thursday and Friday from 9am-1pm so she said that there really isn't anything planned for you for Friday.We only get volunteers for big huge events such as Cancer Care.So,I will have to go back to my case manager tomorrow and have her talk to my supervisor on the phone and see if she can work things out with her.I was disapointed. :(

Howard

Just remember there are alot of volunteer organizations that need help, and the first one you go to, or even the second, may not be the right one for you.  Helping people always makes you feel better about
yourself and if you are not happy with one organization don't feel bad, there is one out there that you will be happy to work at, as they are happy(and lucky) to have you. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 7:58 pm

Just remember there are alot of volunteer organizations that need help, and the first one you go to, or even the second, may not be the right one for you.  Helping people always makes you feel better about
yourself and if you are not happy with one organization don't feel bad, there is one out there that you will be happy to work at, as they are happy(and lucky) to have you. ;)

Well,Danoota this volunteer site at ACS was just sporadic which means they won't need me every day but just pop up here and there for some special Cancer Care projects.I just need one that's permanent.So,I'll keep ACS on the side for now cause she has my Phone Number until they need me and I'll be working at Long Island Jewish for volunteering soon. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 8:01 pm

What a bummer Howard.  I'm sorry things didn't quite work out how you'd hoped.  I know you've been looking forward to starting this work.

Let's hope your case manager and supervisor can work something out.  It's the first time I've heard of a volunteer being turned away!

Lately,I've been having bad luck with volunteer sites.This one at ACS was just sporadic but my NEW site will be at Long Island Jewish Hospital and it will be permanent. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/04 at 3:11 pm

College football has been really fun to watch today....so far! :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/12/04 at 2:50 pm

After a great day yesterday I'm enjoying the NFL :)

Written By: Apricot on 09/12/04 at 6:33 pm

I was chopping wood earlier... Got a big rush out of it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/04 at 6:53 pm

I'm STILL smiling about yesterday Broncos win over the Chiefs :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/17/04 at 9:22 pm

Great last few days....last night hangin' out with friends....today got my hair cut :)

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 9:28 pm

I'm gonna be starting a new volunteer site soon. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/18/04 at 11:38 pm

I'm gonna be starting a new volunteer site soon. :)

Howard
that's awesome, Howard! Be sure and let us all know the url ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/19/04 at 8:00 am

that's awesome, Howard! Be sure and let us all know the url ;)

No,Mark not a URL,a volunteer position at a Hospital/Medical Center.You misunderstood me.  ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 2:51 pm

No,Mark not a URL,a volunteer position at a Hospital/Medical Center.You misunderstood me.  ;D

Howard
Just checking that you were paying attention, Howard :D ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 3:15 pm

Denver lost but it looks like the Qeafs and Lambs are also going down this week :)

Written By: standinghampton on 09/19/04 at 9:22 pm

Denver lost but it looks like the Qeafs and Lambs are also going down this week :)

Who are the Qeafs and Lambs?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 9:26 pm

Who are the Qeafs and Lambs?
They are The Kansas City Chiefs and The St. Louis Rams

Written By: standinghampton on 09/19/04 at 9:30 pm

They are The Kansas City Chiefs and The St. Louis Rams

Oh, okay... then why not call them the Chiefs and Rams?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 9:39 pm

Oh, okay... then why not call them the Chiefs and Rams?
because I don't LIKE them ::)

Written By: standinghampton on 09/19/04 at 11:03 pm

because I don't LIKE them ::)

Hmmm... I guess by that logic I should start calling the Broncos the Jackasses instead.  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/19/04 at 11:11 pm

Hmmm... I guess by that logic I should start calling the Broncos the Jackasses instead.  ::)
Darn Right! YOU have your rights and I have Mine...BUT I need to leave that behind me and get back to being decent. After all it was some banned members that I reserved those names for anyway. SO,  the Chiefs & Rams both lost yesterday...along with Denver :-\\ ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/04 at 9:28 pm

I go for my orientation at a hospital to start volunteering soon.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/24/04 at 9:31 pm

I go for my orientation at a hospital to start volunteering soon.

Howard
That's Awesome, Howard! I admire you ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/04 at 9:32 pm

That's Awesome, Howard! I admire you ;)

Thank You.Do you volunteer where you live?

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/24/04 at 10:02 pm

Thank You.Do you volunteer where you live?

Howard
You are very welcome. Yes, I do. I went up to Wodland Park during the Hayman Fire to help people evacuate and then to clean up so they could return. It was horrible seeing many paoples homes destroyed.....but we did the best we could for them :\'(

Written By: Howard on 09/24/04 at 10:03 pm

You are very welcome. Yes, I do. I went up to Wodland Park during the Hayman Fire to help people evacuate and then to clean up so they could return. It was horrible seeing many paoples homes destroyed.....but we did the best we could for them :\'(

I admire you. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/26/04 at 6:10 pm

I admire you. :)

Howard
Thanks Howard. You are a very nice guy and I admire you also :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/27/04 at 2:34 pm

I went and picked out my new car today.  We're going to sign the paperwork tonight...
http://www1.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/vimg/177x73/04expedition_XLT_asgrn.jpg
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it, 80s_cheerleader ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/27/04 at 6:34 pm

It helps that Ford's running an incentive now and our payment is going to drop $200+/month and his company gets a discount as part of a "partner" program so we're paying about $6000 less than list ;)

Bonus!  Great looking car, Cheer.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/28/04 at 9:03 am

I'll feel better when this day is over...I should be done moving by 4 or 5 :)

Written By: Howard on 09/29/04 at 8:22 pm

I went for my orientation and I had to read a 50 page booklet and a quiz based on what I read.I also have an appointment with The Doctor before entering the hospital. :)

Howard

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/29/04 at 8:23 pm

Let's see....anything good today...

Not really. I'm just kinda frustrated.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 9:38 pm

Thanks.  Hubby's just annoyed with my vehicle (a 2003 Expedition) because of little minor things so he decided it's time to get rid of it (I've had it 2 years).  Nothing major, just the "door ajar" light keeps coming on for no reason, the DVD screen is coming apart, stuff like that.  It helps that Ford's running an incentive now and our payment is going to drop $200+/month and his company gets a discount as part of a "partner" program so we're paying about $6000 less than list ;)
Sounds good :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/30/04 at 12:08 pm

MUCHMOREMUSIC PLAYED MY VIDEO REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished seeing it on TV, and I'm still shaking!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Several emails and they finally played.........ULTRAVOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

I definitely was "dancing with tears in my eyes!!" ;D ;D ;D

(An incredibly ELATED) Absolutely Vile

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/30/04 at 9:04 pm

I just finished seeing it on TV, and I'm still shaking!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Several emails and they finally played.........ULTRAVOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

That's great, Tara :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/01/04 at 5:34 am

When you heard it you wasn't 'all stood still'. You 'came to dance' LOL - Oh dear . . .  (Ah! Come on! Two pun attempts in the one sentence!) ;D

Well done for persisting, Vile.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/01/04 at 9:44 am

When you heard it you wasn't 'all stood still'. You 'came to dance' LOL - Oh dear . . .  (Ah! Come on! Two pun attempts in the one sentence!) ;D

Well done for persisting, Vile.

Ha! Ha! Ha! No, I definitely wasn't all stood still! I heard the voice and I started screaming! (I woke Rush up in the process!) But it looks like I might have to sleepwalk on Saturday night if I'm to catch the re-run Sunday morning so I can record the video!! ;D :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 10/01/04 at 8:20 pm

I start my volunteer site soon just as soon as I get done with my physical. :P

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/01/04 at 10:13 pm

I start my volunteer site soon just as soon as I get done with my physical. :P

Howard
Go for it, Howard ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/02/04 at 9:56 am

Go for it, Howard ;)

Thanks Mark and good luck to you whatever you do. :) ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 12:10 pm

Thanks Mark and good luck to you whatever you do. :) ;)

Howard
Thanks, Howard. Today I'm taking my son out for his 16th Birthday :) (See thread in PPP) ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/06/04 at 9:03 pm

I'm getting 2 PPD tests done for my new volunteer site soon for which I am starting. :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 10/06/04 at 9:29 pm

what are PPD tests, Howard?

Written By: Howard on 10/06/04 at 9:46 pm

what are PPD tests, Howard?

I think it's almost like a TB Test forTuberculosis shot.

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 10/06/04 at 10:20 pm

Okay thanks for explaining that, Howard.

Good luck with your volunteer position.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/06/04 at 10:48 pm

My son Brian absolutely LOVED his birthday! I am SO happy that I could give him some joy :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/07/04 at 1:50 am

My son Brian absolutely LOVED his birthday! I am SO happy that I could give him some joy :)

that's awesome  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 2:15 pm

that's awesome  :)
Thank, ktelqueen ;)

Written By: Bobby on 10/07/04 at 5:54 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! No, I definitely wasn't all stood still! I heard the voice and I started screaming! (I woke Rush up in the process!) But it looks like I might have to sleepwalk on Saturday night if I'm to catch the re-run Sunday morning so I can record the video!! ;D :D

Absolutely Vile

A complete string of 'em - if only I knew the songs.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/07/04 at 6:13 pm

A complete string of 'em - if only I knew the songs.  ;D

Two songs and one album. :D (By the way...I did manage to wake up Sunday morning to record the video!)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 6:34 pm

The Seattle Storm made it to the WNBA Finals! It's starts tomorrow night :)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 7:21 pm

What did you get Brian for his birthday?  :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/07/04 at 7:24 pm

Halloween is in another couple of weeks. I don't think that would be considered good news cause on that day we have to change the clocks back again. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/07/04 at 9:33 pm

What did you get Brian for his birthday?  :)

Howard
A great time ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 5:52 pm

I'm hoping after medical clearance,I get to start my volunteer site soon. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/13/04 at 8:18 pm

It was cool today as I saw my son Randall! He is working his butt off in school and has set a goal to graduate in the Spring! He had a half day today. I really LOVE seeing my boys :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/14/04 at 2:21 pm

I hope your son feels better!

I just finished my job for the week :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/14/04 at 5:37 pm

Two songs and one album. :D (By the way...I did manage to wake up Sunday morning to record the video!)

Absolutely Vile

Ah! You recorded it - very good.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 5:46 pm

I finally got to meet and greet with a girl from this Friendship Network I belong to this past Sunday where people with disabilities can have a good time with each other and socialize with one another.Her name is Robin Brody,Jewish,age 24 and has Aspergers Syndrome.I had a good time with her the first run around that I'm hoping to see her again real soon and maybe Her and I can become boyfriend and girlfriend in the near future if she allows me to. :)

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/14/04 at 5:50 pm

Ah! You recorded it - very good.  :)

Yes I did! I was ill (woke up that morning with a head cold which eventually would work its way down to my lungs), but I still managed to record it and enjoy it! The things I do for the sake of Ultravox! :D And I'm still feeling the remnants of that cold... :-\\

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 10/15/04 at 7:17 pm

I just got medical clearance to start volunteering soon. YAY! :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/16/04 at 12:02 pm

That's great, Howard ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/16/04 at 3:22 pm

Halloween is in another couple of weeks. I don't think that would be considered good news cause on that day we have to change the clocks back again. ;D

Howard

Howard, where I live here in Indiana, we never change the clocks.

Most excellent arrangement.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/16/04 at 3:24 pm

I just got medical clearance to start volunteering soon. YAY! :)

Howard

Congratulations, Howard!!!!!  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/16/04 at 7:27 pm

That girl Robin Brody who met with me thru my Friendship Network,she would like to meet with me again on The 24th of October.I can't wait. :) She's the one with Aspergers Syndrome.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/16/04 at 7:28 pm

Congratulations, Howard!!!!!  8)

Thanks LB.I've been waiting for a while after getting my PPD tests. :P

Howard

Written By: SuperFreak on 10/16/04 at 8:10 pm

That girl Robin Brody who met with me thru my Friendship Network,she would like to meet with me again on The 24th of October.I can't wait. :) She's the one with Aspergers Syndrome.

Howard
that is wonderful, Howard. i wish you well :)
i just returned from a vacation in Hawaii!

Written By: Howard on 10/17/04 at 8:51 pm

that is wonderful, Howard. i wish you well :)
i just returned from a vacation in Hawaii!

Thanks SuperFreak. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/17/04 at 8:52 pm

I plan to be notified when I'll be starting my new volunteer site soon. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 9:01 pm

Today I went to see my parents :)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/18/04 at 5:15 am

Howard

This is looking good, remember what I told you. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/04 at 11:28 am

My wonderful husband brought me flowers today.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/04 at 1:08 pm

UHOH!  What'd he do ??? ;D ;D ;D  Mine "doesn't believe in flowers" ::)  I've gotten them from my best friend and mom more than hubby :(

Well, it took him a while but I think I finally got him trained.  ;)

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 8:24 pm

UHOH!  What'd he do ??? ;D ;D ;D  Mine "doesn't believe in flowers" ::)  I've gotten them from my best friend and mom more than hubby :(
I've always purchased little plants...flowers die :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 8:37 pm

This is looking good, remember what I told you. ;)

The friends in my counseling group said I should get her a rose or a teddy bear or perhaps even a trinket even though her and I still hardly even know each other.What about a kiss on the cheek or hand? I don't even know what I want to do. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 8:38 pm

I'm waiting for a call back from the volunteer cordinnator.

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 10/18/04 at 10:07 pm

Heck, I've given up hope...if he hasn't been trained after 10 years, I don't see it EVER happening :(

My boss had this same problem.  She was married over 20 years when, one Valentine's Day she was feeling bummed because others were getting flowers and her husband never sent flowers.  We all got together and bought flowers for her.  He got the hint and sent them every V-Day after that.

Written By: SuperFreak on 10/19/04 at 4:13 pm

That sounds like fun!  Wish I was somewhere warm right now...:P
I'm sorry that you aren't :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/19/04 at 5:56 pm

We're having our cabinets refaced tomorrow. :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/04 at 11:35 pm

My boss had this same problem.  She was married over 20 years when, one Valentine's Day she was feeling bummed because others were getting flowers and her husband never sent flowers.  We all got together and bought flowers for her.  He got the hint and sent them every V-Day after that.

I have a buddy at work who got married on Valentine's Day 1992.

He and his wife then got their divorce finalized 366 days later on Valentine's Day 1993.  :-[

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/19/04 at 11:38 pm

The friends in my counseling group said I should get her a rose or a teddy bear or perhaps even a trinket even though her and I still hardly even know each other.What about a kiss on the cheek or hand? I don't even know what I want to do. :-\\

Howard

A single rose is classy, Howard.  :)

LB

Written By: Bobby on 10/20/04 at 4:47 am

I understand your husband, 80s cheerleader. Probably a bloke thing . . .  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/20/04 at 5:27 am

I woke up and finally wrote a "New" story for Storytellers thread...first since 2003, and NOW I can go back to sleep for a few more hours :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/04 at 10:04 am

I got an A+ on my paper that I worked my butt off on!!!

<<<doing a happy dance right now

YAY! Glad to hear it!!  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/20/04 at 5:38 pm

went for a really good run today and even though it was only 9*C i was warm enough in shorts and a t-shirt since it was so sunny  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:32 pm

A single rose is classy, Howard.  :)

LB

Thank You LB.I might take her to Starbucks and possibly to Garden World where they have an Autumn Fair where they sell pumpkins,apples,honey,cider and arts & crafts.I just don't want to sit in a dark movie theater stuffing my fat face with Popcorn and Goobers. :P I wanna go out and enjoy the sunny day with Robin. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:33 pm

just got our cabinets refaced today.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/04 at 7:35 pm

just got our cabinets refaced today.

Howard

Refacing is cool.  Its amazing how much it can make a kitchen look like new.  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:46 pm

Refacing is cool.  Its amazing how much it can make a kitchen look like new.  8)

We needed new cabinets.everything will be brand new when we finally move to Florida in another couple of years from now. :)

Howard 

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:48 pm

My Parents are looking into apartments in Florida and getting a price on them.

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/04 at 7:48 pm

We needed new cabinets.everything will be brand new when we finally move to Florida in another couple of years from now. :)

Howard   

That's the nice thing about Florida.  With all the hurricanes, you get new cabinets every couple of years.

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:51 pm

That's the nice thing about Florida.  With all the hurricanes, you get new cabinets every couple of years.

;D

We're not moving yet.It will take a couple of years to move and stuff.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:51 pm

I think I told you LB,I'll be starting volunteer site soon. :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/04 at 7:53 pm

I think I told you LB,I'll be starting volunteer site soon. :)

Howard

Thats really cool.  What place are you gonna volunteer at?

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:57 pm

Thats really cool.  What place are you gonna volunteer at?

a hospital in Queens,New York.doing clerical. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/20/04 at 7:58 pm

I'm running out of good news. :(

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 5:17 am

I'm running out of good news. :(

I have some good news, Howard . . .

I am sitting here, using the computer without any housework to do with a mug of tea on the side.

Good news can be that simple.  :)

Written By: karen on 10/21/04 at 6:21 am

It's almost nearly the weekend.  And that's got to be good news!

Written By: karen on 10/21/04 at 7:43 am

I am sitting here, using the computer without any housework to do with a mug of tea on the side.

Is that a man's "no housework to do" or really no housework to do?  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/04 at 9:55 am

Hey, me too (but there is ALWAYS housework to do but I usually just say, "I'll do it later.  ;))

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 5:52 pm

Is that a man's "no housework to do" or really no housework to do?  ;)

Weeeeellll . . . I'm glad you asked me that, Karen Ahem . . .

When my girlfriend goes to work (she goes before I do), quite often she leaves me a note to do some chores. If she doesn't, it means I've got no housework to do.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 5:53 pm

Hey, me too (but there is ALWAYS housework to do but I usually just say, "I'll do it later.  ;))

Hide the laundry basket. Out of sight, out of mind I always say.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/21/04 at 6:12 pm

I will feel great and have good news in a few hours IF The Cardinals beat Houston :)

Written By: gemini61 on 10/21/04 at 6:35 pm

Today my niece has been clean & sober for 2 years! She was so close to killing herself with drugs and alcohol a little over 2 years ago, and we are so happy that she's still with us and doing great!  :)  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/21/04 at 7:19 pm

Today my niece has been clean & sober for 2 years! She was so close to killing herself with drugs and alcohol a little over 2 years ago, and we are so happy that she's still with us and doing great!  :)  :)
That is very wonderful news :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 7:45 pm

Brilliant news. That must have taken a lot of hard work, Gemini. Give her a pat on the back for me.  ;)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 7:51 pm

I'm still trying to get over from yesterday's conversation with Robin.I disclosed extremely way too much information about my love of porn,magazines,X-Rated material,whips,chains and dominatrixes.I just hope she doesn't tell her Mother about what I had said.That was embarassing.  :-[ When I talk to her again on Saturday to confirm for Sunday,I WILL apologize to her.I feel kinda bad since she's a younger girl. Cause,I remember when I use to date a girl older than I was and I was able to talk filthy material to her and she never had said a thing. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 7:52 pm

We just got our cabinets finished. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/21/04 at 7:53 pm

I'm still trying to get over from yesterday's conversation with Robin.I disclosed extremely way too much information about my love of porn,magazines,X-Rated material,whips,chains and dominatrixes.I just hope she doesn't tell her Mother about what I had said.That was embarassing.  :-[ When I talk to her again on Saturday to confirm for Sunday,I WILL apologize to her.I feel kinda bad since she's a younger girl. Cause,I remember when I use to date a girl older than I was and I was able to talk filthy material to her and she never had said a thing. :-\\

Put it behind you when you apologise to her, Howard. Don't over-emphasise your apology as it may seem you are over-compensating. Say it discreetly and sincerely once.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 8:02 pm

Put it behind you when you apologise to her, Howard. Don't over-emphasise your apology as it may seem you are over-compensating. Say it discreetly and sincerely once.  :)

Yeah.Thanks Bob.I tend to worry too much about one thing and it drives me crazy. :-\\

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/21/04 at 8:04 pm

Well,this weekend looks like it's gonna be nice.hardly any rain. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/21/04 at 10:30 pm

I will feel great and have good news in a few hours IF The Cardinals beat Houston :)
AND....I am Happy 'cause they DID!

Written By: nally on 10/21/04 at 10:34 pm

AND....I am Happy 'cause they DID!

That's good; I was rooting for them. ;) Now I'll probably be cheering for the Sox in the WS, which starts in about 44 hours.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/21/04 at 10:36 pm

That's good; I was rooting for them. ;) Now I'll probably be cheering for the Sox in the WS, which starts in about 44 hours.
I like BOTH but my  sentimental fave is St. Louis because Blaine liked them and they were my favorite before The Rockies were born in 1993 :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/04 at 7:56 am

DEFINITELY good news!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 6:32 pm

next month it will be exactly 3 years that I've been on this great board. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/22/04 at 6:33 pm

next month it will be exactly 3 years that I've been on this great board. :)

Wow excellent Howard. You're a bit of a veteran.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 6:35 pm

Wow excellent Howard. You're a bit of a veteran.  :)

Aren't most of us here Bob, veterans?  :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 6:36 pm

It will be exactly 1 year next week that I quit my old workshop in the city. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/04 at 11:35 am

The good news is that the boards are back-YAY!!!!

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/27/04 at 5:23 pm

The good news is that the boards are back-YAY!!!!

Cat

Ditto.  :) 8)

Written By: Howard on 10/27/04 at 8:16 pm

I agree that the boards are back.I was starting to get messageboard withdrawls. ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/27/04 at 10:23 pm

I feel bad that St. Louis looks like they'll get swept by Boston...BUT feel Good that The Red Sox finally will get a Title....and even though Kerry is a BoSox fan ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/28/04 at 8:55 pm

I will be going on my 2nd get together with Robin this Sunday. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/29/04 at 3:08 pm

I have the day off today...so while I was searching for some new animations, I stumbled upon a very funny website ;D

Written By: Bobby on 10/29/04 at 7:38 pm

Aren't most of us here Bob, veterans?  :)

Well. I've been here a while, Howard but no where near as long as some of the more established members like RockandRollFan, CeramicsFanatic, Mandamoo, Fussbudget - and obviously ChuckyG and Hairspray.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 9:04 pm

That's good, Howard.  Hope she is feeling 100% better by then ;)

She's feeling better now.We'll be able to meet each other for coffee and whatever our plans are. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 9:05 pm

Well. I've been here a while, Howard but no where near as long as some of the more established members like RockandRollFan, CeramicsFanatic, Mandamoo, Fussbudget - and obviously ChuckyG and Hairspray.  :)

So,How long have you been here Bob?  ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 9:06 pm

I left another message with the Volunteer Coordinator.hopefully she'll get back to me to notify me of when to start soon. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/29/04 at 9:14 pm

So,How long have you been here Bob?  ;D

About a year and a half now, Howard and it's been great here meeting lots of lovely people.

Does it feel longer, Howard?  ;)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 9:23 pm

About a year and a half now, Howard and it's been great here meeting lots of lovely people.

Does it feel longer, Howard?  ;)  ;D

You know,it does feel even longer here.I can't believe how time flies so quickly.I started November 21st,2001. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/29/04 at 9:29 pm

You know,it does feel even longer here.I can't believe how time flies so quickly.I started November 21st,2001. :)

Wow! I remember that time very well, Howard. I had just lost my job as an admin assistant and I was looking for work at that time. Still, good luck was around the corner.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/29/04 at 9:31 pm

It just feel great to be here.I'm enjoying it a whole lot. :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 10/30/04 at 5:41 pm

I got my dryer fixed! YAY!  I can dry my clothes without hanging them again. :D

Written By: Bobby on 10/30/04 at 5:43 pm

I got my dryer fixed! YAY!  I can dry my clothes without hanging them again. :D

Ah! Nice one! You never fully appreciate a dryer until it's knackered out. When it was raining, I had to hang clothes around the house - groovy.  :-\\  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/30/04 at 5:53 pm

tomorrow,I'm seeing that girl Robin for the 2nd time.I'll let you guys know how it went. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/30/04 at 6:04 pm

tomorrow,I'm seeing that girl Robin for the 2nd time.I'll let you guys know how it went. :)

Great stuff. I love forward to hearing the report tomorrow.  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/30/04 at 6:06 pm

Great stuff. I love forward to hearing the report tomorrow.  ;D  ;D

I hope it goes well.I will take her out to Starbucks first and then to the Autumn Fair.She said she will be driving her car there. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 10/30/04 at 6:08 pm

I hope it goes well.I will take her out to Starbucks first and then to the Autumn Fair.She said she will be driving her car there. :)

Woman with a car, heh?  ;)

You've got it made, Howard. You're looking at a man with experience.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/30/04 at 6:11 pm

Woman with a car, heh?  ;)

You've got it made, Howard. You're looking at a man with experience.  :)

How much experience do you have Bob? ;)

remember what happens in the back seat of a car? ;D

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 10/30/04 at 7:46 pm

Hey, I just remembered I get an extra hour of sleep tonight!! Yay! The end of daylight saving time. Have to set the clock back an hour, and don't forget to change the battery in the smoke detector  :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/30/04 at 8:31 pm

How much experience do you have Bob? ;)

remember what happens in the back seat of a car? ;D

Oops! I don't have that kind of experience, Howard. Besides, you can't have that much fun in the back of a Vauxhall Corsa! The car is that small.

I have about three years of experience with a lady with car. The benefits are great but it is best not to take the mick.  ;)

Written By: Bobo on 10/31/04 at 6:31 pm

And with armrests and Chinese-finger-trap-style holes as small as in a Corsa, you can't have much fun in the front either, regrettably..!

Oops! I don't have that kind of experience, Howard. Besides, you can't have that much fun in the back of a Vauxhall Corsa! The car is that small.

Written By: Bobby on 10/31/04 at 6:39 pm

And with armrests and Chinese-finger-trap-style holes as small as in a Corsa, you can't have much fun in the front either, regrettably..!

Yes Bobo. Love machines they're not.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/31/04 at 10:22 pm

I have about three years of experience with a lady with car. The benefits are great but it is best not to take the mick.  ;)

Why? you didn't score with that chick? ;D ;) You should've! maybe you could've gotten her drunk or something. ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/31/04 at 10:23 pm

I'm just glad that my 2nd get together went well with Robin.I'm very pleased with myself! :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/31/04 at 10:32 pm

I'm just glad that my 2nd get together went well with Robin.I'm very pleased with myself! :)

Howard

Glad to hear that Howard!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/31/04 at 10:34 pm

Glad to hear that Howard!  :)

I'm hoping the 3rd get together will be even better.It was such a beautiful day to do stuff outside. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 5:33 pm

I'm happy because the place we vote at is a school within a block from the house :)

Written By: gemini61 on 11/01/04 at 6:13 pm

I'm happy because I live in Ohio and election day is tomorrow, and. . . . . . are they gone yet?
(looks over shoulder)  ;D  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 11/01/04 at 8:05 pm

I'm happy because I live in Ohio and election day is tomorrow, and. . . . . . are they gone yet?
(looks over shoulder)   ;D   ;)

Oh yes. I've heard this is the deciding state because they have predicted the presidency over the past forty years (or something like that). I'm glad when it's all over to be honest.

Written By: gemini61 on 11/01/04 at 8:09 pm

Geez, I would've rented them out rooms if I had enough!  ;D  For the right price of course!  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 11/01/04 at 8:23 pm

Geez, I would've rented them out rooms if I had enough!  ;D  For the right price of course!  ;)

Of course.  ;)  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/04 at 9:05 pm

(looks over shoulder)   ;D   ;)

I am glad that I live in a state where NO BODY comes to rally. The only reason why Howard Dean comes here is because he lives here.  :D

I will be glad when tomorrow is over, too.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/01/04 at 9:23 pm

I'm hoping that if I take this relationship with Robin seriously,I'm hoping one day Her and I could become intimate.Right now,by going out on a date with her for a couple of months,I'm trying to help her by relieving herself of the social anxiety she has.I really want to fix that problem . :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 11:28 pm

Nuggets play in 25 minutes..

Written By: Dagwood on 11/03/04 at 12:39 am

I am glad that I live in a state where NO BODY comes to rally. The only reason why Howard Dean comes here is because he lives here. :D

I will be glad when tomorrow is over, too.

Cat

Same here, Cat.  We got Howard Dean, too.  He was campaigning for his cousin who is running for county mayor.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 1:35 am

Bush is up 234-188....but the Nuggets are losing to the Lakers....so I am Happy AND sad...in that order ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/04 at 7:57 pm

Bush is up 234-188....but the Nuggets are losing to the Lakers....so I am Happy AND sad...in that order ::)

So much for all the BS that Bush was "universally reviled".  ::)

By the way, yesterday's victory had to be especially sweet for George H. W. Bush, seeing as how he lost his second run for the Presidency in '92.  I can see him now, setting back in a La-Z-Boy with a snifter of brandy and a big honkin' cigar.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/03/04 at 9:12 pm

I'm really pleased about how I really progressed over the past year or so.I advocated for myself,I had 2 volunteer sites:1 of them was for the summer and the other was a frequent one but I never gave up and tried again.I also joined this Friendship Network and started a brand new relationship with a girl. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 9:38 pm

So much for all the BS that Bush was "universally reviled".  ::)

By the way, yesterday's victory had to be especially sweet for George H. W. Bush, seeing as how he lost his second run for the Presidency in '92.  I can see him now, setting back in a La-Z-Boy with a snifter of brandy and a big honkin' cigar.   ;)
And it was a great day for me! I actually saw three people weaving through traffic at different times today..ALL get stopped by the Cops and ticketed...and ALL three had Kerry stickers :D BEST of all, Michael Moore can eat some crow :)

Written By: karen on 11/04/04 at 1:04 pm

I'm going to Venice for the weekend.  We fly there tomorrow, leaving around lunchtime.  A bit of site-seeing on Saturday and an orienteering event around the streets of Venice on Sunday before flying home in the evening.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/04/04 at 8:07 pm

I'm really pleased about how I really progressed over the past year or so.I advocated for myself,I had 2 volunteer sites:1 of them was for the summer and the other was a frequent one but I never gave up and tried again.I also joined this Friendship Network and started a brand new relationship with a girl. :)

Howard

Nice work Howard.  You got alot to be proud of!

LB  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/04 at 9:08 pm

Nice work Howard.  You got alot to be proud of!

LB   :)

Thanks LB.even my Parents are very proud of me.They say I'm growing up. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 11:04 pm

That's great, Howard :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 11:08 pm

I'm going to Venice for the weekend.  We fly there tomorrow, leaving around lunchtime.  A bit of site-seeing on Saturday and an orienteering event around the streets of Venice on Sunday before flying home in the evening.
I went to Venice....Beach once! I hope you have a great time, karen ;)

Written By: Bobby on 11/05/04 at 6:15 am

That'll be lovely with all those gondalas and that. Have a great weekend, Karen.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/05/04 at 9:56 am

I talked to my son's last night...today the weather's gorgeous, my car runs good, the bills are all paid....I feel pretty good :)

Written By: Howard on 11/05/04 at 4:14 pm

I went to go see an Art Gallery today on Debating Modernism. :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/04 at 7:55 pm

I actually have a night off.  We got really busy at work and every night this week I have had to bring home mail to open.  I made $85 extra doing so, but I am sick of work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/04 at 8:10 pm

I FINALLY got some good drugs for my back :P

Hope they are working.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/06/04 at 7:14 pm

Decided to ride the bike to the cemetary and back today...7 miles! Though I feel great, I am quite sore!

Written By: Howard on 11/06/04 at 10:17 pm

I'm gonna see that girl Robin tomorrow.She told me she had a headache and stomach pains & I was trying to lift her spirits by doing some voice impressions of famous people.I'm taking her out for lunch. :)

Howard

Written By: karen on 11/08/04 at 5:09 am

Oh, I'm jealous :P  I'd love to go back there.  Have a great time!!!  BTW, what is orienteering?  I've heard you speak of it before, but don't remember if I've asked what it is ???

We did have a good time.  We spent Saturday sight-seeing - at least as much as you can with two young children in tow.  We went up the Campagnalia (sp?) a bell tower overlooking St Mark's Square and got fantastic views across the whole city.  We didn't go on a gondola because they're pretty pricey but we rode on the vaporetto along the Grand Canal and then took to exploring the streets.

On the Sunday we took part in a street orineteering event.  We had a map of Venice showing all the buildings, streets, bridges, fountains, statues etc.  You have to run against the clock to find some markers in order.  They were hung on buildings, fountains and bridges.  There were something like 20 different courses and about 3,000 people taking part.  It was great fun running (well, jogging) up the main shopping streets in Venice dodging all the tourists to then nip down a side alley into a little square to find your marker on a fountain.

After I finished I had a mad quick change to dash for the boat to the airport.  We got home yesterday (Sunday) evening at about the kids bedtime.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/04 at 8:21 pm

Yesterday,I went out with that girl Robin for a 3rd get-together.Next Week,it will be my 4th and her and I are probably gonna be spending more time with each other on a Sunday basis.I can't wait. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/05/04 at 9:08 pm

What...NOBODY feels great or has good news anymore :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 9:10 pm

LOL... I feel great because i proved my new theory. Sleep paterns are easily alterable. I wanted to stay up and talk to friends in the states (and i guess post at the same time as people in the states) so i just started waking up earlier.. going to bed later. Now i can stay up till 3-4 am and not be tired at all.. plus at partys (which there are loads of elading up to christmas) i will rock all night!

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 10:48 pm

My volunteer and Robin are both doing pretty well. :)

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 11:42 am

Where did you guys go on your last date?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 1:42 pm

I feel great, despite Denver losing yesterday :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 3:25 pm

I feel great because i got all the stuff done today that i needed to do, and my mom and dad were pleased because the house was clean when they got back.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 5:56 pm

LOL.. I have had multitudes of offers to clean houses. If you feel that paying $400 for a plane ticket to O'Haire is value for money, then i would be happy to  ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 6:09 pm

Air Iceland offer flights to I think it was Chicago for around 240 pounds which is up near $400 of course that would be doubled this time of year

Written By: nally on 12/06/04 at 7:35 pm

Well, I had a really tough final exam earlier today...but the good part is that it's over with now.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 8:05 pm

Well, I had a really tough final exam earlier today...but the good part is that it's over with now.
I hope you did well..you certainly studied hard enough :)

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 10:21 pm

Where did you guys go on your last date?

we were supposed to go to Peanut Butter and Company where they make great fluffernutters but I got the area wrong so we both wound up eating in a diner and then she had a headache so she went home after. :(

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/07/04 at 8:32 am

At least you got together.. you seeing her this weekend as well then?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/07/04 at 12:53 pm

That's great ^ :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/07/04 at 12:56 pm

Hubby got a raise :)

That is great to hear.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/04 at 8:26 pm

I had my second day on my new job today.

It does not suck as bad as I thought it would. That's good news.

Written By: Howard on 12/07/04 at 10:10 pm

At least you got together.. you seeing her this weekend as well then?

Well,I hope so.She's the best thing that ever happened in my life in 7 years. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/07/04 at 10:11 pm

I had my second day on my new job today.

It does not suck as bad as I thought it would. That's good news.

That's great LyricBoy.Good Luck man. ;)

Howard

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/07/04 at 10:14 pm

I am more than halfway through my training for my job, in about another week, I'll be making more money!! YAY!!

Oh, I'm a dog groomer by the way...

Rio

Written By: Howard on 12/07/04 at 10:16 pm

My get together with Robin so far has been excellent.I have no problems with her whatsoever.She knew my habits this past Sunday as soon as we sat down to eat in our diner.the hot tabasco sauce I pour on my fries,the pepper I use and the obsessiveness with coffee.just her wait a few more years and she'll get to know a few more. ;D ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/08/04 at 7:01 am

Ohmigosh, you put hot sauce on your fry's as well... why do people think that is wierd? It just tastes good

Written By: karen on 12/08/04 at 7:27 am

Ohmigosh, you put hot sauce on your fry's as well... why do people think that is wierd? It just tastes good

Because it is!  Chips taste good with salt and vinegar with ketchup to dip them in but nothing else. 

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/08/04 at 7:31 am

Don't knock it till you try it

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/08/04 at 10:12 am

Excellent.. what did you have to do in the end, just guess the amount and say like it or lump it or what?

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/08/04 at 10:27 am

Excellent.. although that will make your drawings at the end of the year higher which must be annoying.. if your taxation system works like ours does

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/04 at 11:55 am

My good news is that everything went fairly smoothly at the closing yesterday.  Although, hubby thinks the woman was having second thoughts, but ultimately went through with it :)

Glad to hear that. I was wondering how it went.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/08/04 at 10:28 pm

She thought it was weird cause she's never seen me do it before.I also pepper just about everything from salad to soup to burgers.And she knows I enjoy the free refills of coffee. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/08/04 at 10:31 pm

I was just on the phone an hour or so ago with Robin and she's had an arguement with her friend at work and she's been very stressed out lately.She really needs someone to talk to and I'm glad to have someone who I can listen and understand. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 12/08/04 at 10:36 pm

I was just on the phone an hour or so ago with Robin and she's had an arguement with her friend at work and she's been very stressed out lately.She really needs someone to talk to and I'm glad to have someone who I can listen and understand. :)

That's good. She would appreciate that.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/04 at 10:41 pm

That's good. She would appreciate that.  :)

Her and I may go to Peanut Butter & Co.for a fluffernutter and drink.This one is in Greenwich Village.
But,for now we're gonna stick with our usual diners.This is coming up on get together #7.
I'm counting the get togethers till the day we finally go steady. :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/08/04 at 10:56 pm

The Denver Nuggets won tonight....the mean people are leaving me alone....AND I'm still alive :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/09/04 at 7:23 am

The mean people aren't leaving you alone.. are these the people who don't like the nuggets?

Her and I may go to Peanut Butter & Co.for a fluffernutter and drink.This one is in Greenwich Village.
But,for now we're gonna stick with our usual diners.This is coming up on get together #7.
I'm counting the get togethers till the day we finally go steady. :)

Sounds like your not far off that mark already Howard.. i'd say after 6-10 dates, that's kinda when your basically going steady.. any time over a month really.

She thought it was weird cause she's never seen me do it before.I also pepper just about everything from salad to soup to burgers.And she knows I enjoy the free refills of coffee. :P

Oh how i wish we got free refills on anything here. It's one of those things i really take advantage of in the states.. it's like.. "wait you telling me i can go up, fill up my cup and it's ok" "Yes sir it is" "saaahweet!"

Written By: karen on 12/09/04 at 7:38 am

Oh how i wish we got free refills on anything here. It's one of those things i really take advantage of in the states.. it's like.. "wait you telling me i can go up, fill up my cup and it's ok" "Yes sir it is" "saaahweet!"

Pizza Hut do free refills on Robinsons squash, probably not your thing though!

I seem to recall Little Chef offering it on their tea and coffee, not that you'd want to drink a lot of it though.  I also think you can get free refills at IKEA

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/09/04 at 7:48 am

Ah now Ikea you can get free refills at, i had forgotten about that. However it being on the road to Nottingham it's a bit of a stretch for me to go up there for lunch.

Getting that close to Nottingham is risking it anyway  ;)

Written By: kackythope on 12/09/04 at 9:38 am

One of my best friends is interviewing for a job at my company, in my department, tomorrow!
If she gets it, she'll sit right next to me! That would be so awesome!

Written By: nally on 12/09/04 at 12:43 pm

I finished my finals yesterday! ;D

NEXT PAGE: The Feel Great, Good News Thread!

Check for new replies or respond here...