» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Audience at tea party debate cheers letting uninsured die

Written By: Brian06 on 09/13/11 at 1:19 pm

Oh man I just saw this story on Yahoo, this makes me so mad.  >:( These people are so sick and heartless it just pisses me off. Yeah let's just let the poor all starve and die, this is what the right wants. CHEERING the prospect of a young man dying because he didn't buy health insurance. WTF is wrong with these sickos? I never liked the republicans but now with this tea party stuff they just seem to be getting sicker and sicker. The dems aren't very good either but these tea party people are just evil.  >:(

Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a doctor, was asked a hypothetical question by CNN host Wolf Blitzer about how society should respond if a healthy 30-year-old man who decided against buying health insurance suddenly goes into a coma and requires intensive care for six months. Paul--a fierce limited-government advocate-- said it shouldn't be the government's responsibility. "That's what freedom is all about, taking your own risks," Paul said and was drowned out by audience applause as he added, "this whole idea that you have to prepare to take care of everybody…"
"Are you saying that society should just let him die?" Blitzer pressed Paul. And that's when the audience got involved."

Several loud cheers of "yeah!" followed by laughter could be heard in the Expo Hall at the Florida State Fairgrounds in response to Blitzer's question.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/audience-tea-party-debate-cheers-leaving-uninsured-die-163216817.html

Subject: Re: Audience at tea party debate cheers letting uninsured die

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/11 at 3:15 pm

That is right up there when people cheered because Rick Perry executed over 200 people. I bet they also call themselves Christians, too.  ::)

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 09/13/11 at 3:33 pm

:.mouth drops in shock:.

Written By: RG1995 on 09/13/11 at 5:29 pm

Ron Paul fans are idiots.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/11 at 7:07 pm

Paul said if they chose not to buy health insurance, he would be killing himself because that's a risk he chose to take. 

Try and picture Ron Paul as a lifeguard!
:D

Written By: Tia on 09/14/11 at 11:26 am

the more stories crop up like this, the more i think i should be following football instead of politics. this story makes me SO. ANGRY.

Written By: King Tut on 09/15/11 at 12:39 am

That is terrible!

http://www.motivational-ish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Tea-Party-Klan-Motivational-ish.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/11 at 12:46 am

No, the Tea Party likes other races and ethnic groups --- as long as they live, think, dress, and vote like white Republicans.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/11 at 4:08 am

No, the Tea Party likes other races and ethnic groups --- as long as they live, think, dress, and vote like white Republicans.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

...and do windows

Check for new replies or respond here...