» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: SCOTUS will not hear ACORN Appeal

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/11 at 5:45 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110620/ap_on_re_us/us_supreme_court_acorn_lawsuit

The finding ban stands as-is.

Subject: Re: SCOTUS will not hear ACORN Appeal

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/21/11 at 10:46 pm

To bad!!  Another case of American blind justice, and the judges aren't going to look at the seven 8 X 10 color glossy photos with the circles and arrows and the paragraphs of description that would have exonerated ACORN.  My question is will they look at Clarence Thomas  and sanction him for all his insider deals and shady "gifts"?

As the exchange at the pirate court went:

Defendant: "I hopes I get justice from dis court"

Judge:  Justice?  Justice?  We got noithin to do with justice, we goes by the law

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/11 at 11:07 pm

To bad!!  Another case of American blind justice, and the judges aren't going to look at the seven 8 X 10 color glossy photos with the circles and arrows and the paragraphs of description that would have exonerated ACORN.  My question is will they look at Clarence Thomas  and sanction him for all his insider deals and shady "gifts"?

Oh, you mean the BRIBES?

Shhhhh....
:-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/11 at 5:58 am

I imagine if there were a shred of truth to any of this, the legions of Thomas-lynchers haters would be shouting it from the rooftops and parading out all sorts of "evidence".  SCOTUS justices may be impeached by the House of Representatives and then tried by the Senate. 

Thomas' only crime appears to be the unforgiveable one of being a conservative black man.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/11 at 11:31 am

I imagine if there were a shred of truth to any of this, the legions of Thomas-lynchers haters would be shouting it from the rooftops and parading out all sorts of "evidence".  SCOTUS justices may be impeached by the House of Representatives and then tried by the Senate. 

Thomas' only crime appears to be the unforgiveable one of being a conservative black man.

That's been the Right's rallying cry for 20 years.  Anita Hill was a dud.  Thomas ended up looking like a generally decent fellow who had a weakness of dirty jokes around the office.  It turns out the guy's kind of a crook.  It makes no nevermind what color he is.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rachel-maddow-clarence-thomas-supreme-court-video-2011-6

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/22/11 at 8:55 pm

Now who's playing the race card?  Clarence Thomas has been a sleaze ball since he came into the public light.  And it has nothing to do with his politics, but his lack of ethics

Check for new replies or respond here...