» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: State of Tennessee democrats hit the lowest yet, this time they went to far!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/14/04 at 9:08 am

The party of 'tolerance' strikes again:

October 12, 2004 – Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a retarded child with President Bush’s face running in a track race. The headline says: “Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You’re Still Retarded.”

The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh. His opponent, Dave Dahl has issued a call to Fitzhugh to stop distributing the flyer.

According to Dahl, “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting.”

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters. “At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults.”

--This has got to be the LOWEST thing I have ever seen involving politics in my 45 years.  They took a picture of Bush's picture and pasted over a kid running in the special olympics and as you know by now it says: ''Voting for Bush is like running in the special olympics.....even if you win you're still retarded!''  DEFEND THIS ONE! 

Picture: http://www.traditionalvalues.org/images/BushOlympics.JPG

Subject: Re: State of Tennessee democrats hit the lowest yet, this time they went to far!

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/14/04 at 10:31 am

Easily.  It's a joke photoshop I've seen a million times online at various websites that do photo manipluation contests. I first saw it FOUR YEARS AGO.  I doubt highly that this was somehow created by the Democrats (since it has been freely available online for years) and it's been passed around via email and fax by people who think it's funny, not by campaign workers going door to door.

I'm sure the right wing rag (NEWSMAX) that alerted you to this, probably knows this fact and conviently forgot to mention it when creating their Weekly World News stories.

Subject: Re: State of Tennessee democrats hit the lowest yet, this time they went to far!

Written By: Davester on 10/14/04 at 10:36 am

Touching...  

Dontcha just luv American politics!

Written By: philbo on 10/14/04 at 11:57 am

GWB, did you really believe this was a Democrat ad?  Seriously?

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/14/04 at 4:35 pm

Agents provocateur, agents provocateur, slander and more slander.  When you can't win on the evidance, pound the law, when you can't win on either, pound the table - as Lil' Georgie did last night.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/14/04 at 4:39 pm

Agents provocateur, agents provocateur, slander and more slander.  When you can't win on the evidance, pound the law, when you can't win on either, pound the table - as Lil' Georgie did last night.

I'm still waiting for him to take his shoe off and pound it on the podium.  Only then will his transformation be complete.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/14/04 at 5:16 pm

He is a Stalinist at heart isn't he?  He admitted as much.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/04 at 2:36 am

Considering the priorities of the Traditional Values Coalition, maybe the man in the picture is running so the h*mos don't catch him!  Take a gander at the VIDEO they're hawking!

A coupla interesting links about the Traditional Values Coalition, and its illustrious leader, the Reverend Lou Sheldon--

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=8992
http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/9431/view/print

With their rabid anti-gay agenda, isn't Ironic how the TVC received a token sum of $1000 from the Nebraskan philanthropist Bill and Berniece Grewcock Foundation?

If GWBush sets up the pins, I'll knock 'em down!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/16/04 at 2:42 pm

If GWBush sets up the pins, I'll knock 'em down!

Interesting to note that on occasion, so do R&RFan and Mushroom, even with their conservative leanings.

Written By: philbo on 10/16/04 at 3:28 pm

Interesting to note that on occasion, so do R&RFan and Mushroom, even with their conservative leanings.

...they probably don't very often 'cause you have to get in with a rebuttal pretty damn quick to be first, given that most of 'em are so patently absurd ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...