» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Way to go, Jimmy Swaggart!

Written By: Jessica on 09/22/04 at 2:21 pm

I KNEW there was a reason I hated people like this. I'm laughing hysterically at what a b*stard he is. You'd think someone who was caught with HOOKERS would know when to keep his mouth shut. I guess not though.

Jimmy Swaggart, Big Mouthed A$$hole

Subject: Re: Way to go, Jimmy Swaggart!

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/22/04 at 2:31 pm

Jimmy Swaggart is an idiot, plain and simple, and a far7ing hypocrit to boot.  What I find really appauling is his denial that these kinds of remaks stimulate anti-gay violence like the grusome murder of Matthew Sheppard in Colorado (?).  Why would anyone listen to this wind bag?

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 2:40 pm

Murder is murder, no matter what his sexual orientation is. Jimmy Swaggart should have known better. But his ministry is tainted, so Swaggart's final judgment will be made for him, not by him.  :-X

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/22/04 at 2:47 pm

Murder is murder, no matter what his sexual orientation is. Jimmy Swaggart should have known better. But his ministry is tainted, so Swaggart's final judgment will be made for him, not by him.  :-X

He is still on TV right?  How many people still support him?  I'm less concerned with the eternity he faces as with the influence he wields in this world.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 3:07 pm

And I have better things to do than to worry about other people's money. The reason Swaggart is still on TV is because idiots watch watch his show and give him the money he needs. He has no influence on me.

He is still on TV right?  How many people still support him?  I'm less concerned with the eternity he faces as with the influence he wields in this world.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/04 at 4:27 pm

Jimmy Swaggart makes Jerry Springer look like Socrates.  I mean, the guy's a joke.  He'll never again be anything but a joke, so what's he got to lose?
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/04 at 6:42 pm

People like this really make me sick. The "holier than thou". He is supposed to be preaching the Christian religion but yet he doesn't live it. It is people like this that give Christians a bad name. But because someone has the title of reverand or priest, makes them think that they can do whatever. Do what I say and not as I do? What hyperocrats!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 6:46 pm

Did you mean "Hypublicans"? ;)

What hyperocrats!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/04 at 6:57 pm

Did you mean "Hypublicans"? ;)

I was wondering about "hyperocrat" myself...

You gotta love these old homophobes for the presumption that a gay man would be interested in them in the first place!  As my gay friend Brian would say, "Oh, puhleeeezzze!"
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/04 at 7:07 pm

Ok, Ok, I meant HYPOCRITES!!!!  I made a typo. So EXXXUUUUUSSSSEEEE MMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! (How's that for shouting, Indy?  ;)  ;D)

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/04 at 7:19 pm

Jimmy Swaggart is an idiot, plain and simple, and a far7ing hypocrit to boot. What I find really appauling is his denial that these kinds of remaks stimulate anti-gay violence like the grusome murder of Matthew Sheppard in Colorado (?). Why would anyone listen to this wind bag?

What Don Carlos said and adding what gay man in his right mind would look at Swaggart romantically?  I can't even imagine a straight woman wanting him without him paying. **shudder*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/04 at 7:42 pm

What Don Carlos said and adding what gay man in his right mind would look at Swaggart romantically?  I can't even imagine a straight woman wanting him without him paying. **shudder*

I was thinking the same thing when he wrote that (was looking over his shoulder).

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/22/04 at 8:31 pm

Wanna know what I think Swaggart is...look up these words in any dictionary

BIGOT

LIAR

HOMOPHOBE

IDIOT

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/22/04 at 10:08 pm

I think everyone can agree that noone is really surprised at this, and I also think everyone can agree that this is wrong.

I don't know though, some people on here don't see Gays as human I think, so maybe they don't see this as wrong. Meh.

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/22/04 at 10:11 pm

VERRRRY LOUD!!!!!! ;D ;)
Ok, Ok, I meant HYPOCRITES!!!!  I made a typo. So EXXXUUUUUSSSSEEEE MMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! (How's that for shouting, Indy?  ;)  ;D)

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/23/04 at 12:30 am

Those pedophile priests are absolute scum too...And the Pope as well as the cardinals and bishops just look the other way...

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/23/04 at 11:33 pm

I hope you are not generalizing all priests as pedophile, or the Vatican as totally ignorant. Yes, the Vatican does give lenient punishment to the offending priests and don't not bother to ex-communicate or defrock these priests. But they definitely never "look the other way". And what proof do they have other than the"he said, he said" rhetoric? The Vatican is not known for their internal affairs investigations because, contrary to popular belief, they "do not condemn their own people".  These priests may be weak, but not all of them are the "total scums" you say they are, Tony.
Those pedophile priests are absolute scum too...And the Pope as well as the cardinals and bishops just look the other way...

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 09/23/04 at 11:46 pm

Well the way I see it is that I really havent heard as much as a peep out of him in at least 10 years.  Heck, I didnt even know that he was on TV anymore and his ministry was bankrupt.  Maybe this is a ploy of his to get back in the limelight.  He knows that some people will buy into his bigoted crap once again.  But, Ive always despised him and this confirms I wont change my attitude toward him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/24/04 at 12:40 am

I hope you are not generalizing all priests as pedophile, or the Vatican as totally ignorant. Yes, the Vatican does give lenient punishment to the offending priests and don't not bother to ex-communicate or defrock these priests. But they definitely never "look the other way". And what proof do they have other than the"he said, he said" rhetoric? The Vatican is not known for their internal affairs investigations because, contrary to popular belief, they "do not condemn their own people". These priests may be weak, but not all of them are the "total scums" you say they are, Tony.

I'm not saying ALL priests are scumbags,or that the Catholic church is totally screwed up....It's just that as a sexual-abuse survivor,I feel that the Vatican could do more to deal with the alleged misconduct by SOME priests..

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/24/04 at 11:11 am

I agree. But the Catholic Church is so used to having power around the world, they don't want one (or several) bad apples to destroy it. The Vatican should pray hard for these violators.

I'm not saying ALL priests are scumbags,or that the Catholic church is totally screwed up....It's just that as a sexual-abuse survivor,I feel that the Vatican could do more to deal with the alleged misconduct by SOME priests..

Written By: philbo on 09/24/04 at 11:46 am

Yes, the Vatican does give lenient punishment to the offending priests and don't not bother to ex-communicate or defrock these priests. But they definitely never "look the other way".

The Catholic church has been looking the other way for decades, and only very recently was forced, kicking and screaming, to acknowledge in public a problem they had known about pretty much since it started.  It doesn't help that their priests' oath makes them swear not to help their flocks, or even behave as they think God would want: but to act in the best interests of the Church.  But I'd better not carry on about Catholic shenanigans - I'd be here all night.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/24/04 at 2:01 pm

From my POV the Catholic Church has hushed up pedophilia and other abuses  for years.  In colonial Latin America the most common "crime" investigated by the Inquisution was priest using the confessional to seduce women.  I wonder if that is more common than pedophilia.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/04 at 2:37 pm

From my POV the Catholic Church has hushed up pedophilia and other abuses  for years.  In colonial Latin America the most common "crime" investigated by the Inquisution was priest using the confessional to seduce women.  I wonder if that is more common than pedophilia.

I agree.  They Church has been in denial about this for decades.  They shifted pedophile priests from parish to parish just hoping the problem would "go away."  Well, anybody who's ever tried to deal with a problem that way knows the problem just comes back bigger and worse than ever!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/24/04 at 10:05 pm

Part of the reason I left the Roman Catholic Church is because it seems like it's HUMONGOUSLY based on rituals and moneymaking through practices that God supposedly frowns on (bingo and games of chance which are legal gambling) rather than spirituality....I noticed there are no Bibles in the pews at Roman Catholic churches...while Protestant churches even give Bibles to people who want them. I now go to Linwood Community Church, the most spiritual and caring church I've attended so far.

Check for new replies or respond here...