» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How to tell who will win the election, 6 weeks ahead of time.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/28/04 at 12:46 pm

I saw this on Fox's buisness line-up this morning and found it very interesting.  The DOW has been predicting the correct winner of the presidential elections for over 100 years, with laser-point accuracy.  Want to know how, do and it for yourself, and found out, it hasn't been wrong yet.

--On Thursday, the end of the republican national convention, after the market closes, write down the Dow Jones Industrial Average, write it down exactly as it is (it will be around the 10,000 mark.)  EXACTLY 6 weeks before the election (same as 42 days before the election) see what the DJIA is, if it is higher then the number you wrote down after the RNC, Bush wins.  If it is lower then what you wrote down, Kerry wins.  Hasn't been wrong for 100 years.  Why not try and see.  I found it interesting anyway.

Subject: Re: How to tell who will win the election, 6 weeks ahead of time.

Written By: Jessica on 08/28/04 at 1:42 pm

Sounds like an urban legend to me. I need to research it more and get back to this topic later.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/04 at 2:59 pm

I saw this on Fox's buisness line-up this morning and found it very interesting.  The DOW has been predicting the correct winner of the presidential elections for over 100 years, with laser-point accuracy.  Want to know how, do and it for yourself, and found out, it hasn't been wrong yet.

--On Thursday, the end of the republican national convention, after the market closes, write down the Dow Jones Industrial Average, write it down exactly as it is (it will be around the 10,000 mark.)  EXACTLY 6 weeks before the election (same as 42 days before the election) see what the DJIA is, if it is higher then the number you wrote down after the RNC, Bush wins.  If it is lower then what you wrote down, Kerry wins.  Hasn't been wrong for 100 years.  Why not try and see.  I found it interesting anyway.

Not this time.  I fear the election shall be controlled by voting machine tampering, ballot contamination, and illegal disenfranchisement in order to guarantee Bush a second non-election.  I look to November with mourning for the death of our democratic republic.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 6:01 pm

Not this time.  I fear the election shall be controlled by voting machine tampering, ballot contamination, and illegal disenfranchisement in order to guarantee Bush a second non-election.  I look to November with mourning for the death of our democratic republic.

He disenfranchised a minimum of 56,000 last time, Ted Kennedy couldn't board an airplane because he
was placed on the list of people to be refused, curiouser and curiouser. ???

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/29/04 at 5:22 am

So, does this "theory" only work for pres elections, or can I "guestimate" if Keyes is gonna win in IL or not too?

I think its only for the president.  Keyes and Obama have no real control over the market like Bush and Kerry currently do.

Written By: MooRocca on 09/20/04 at 11:01 am

Since Tuesday's close is the one to check, I wanted to bump this up for anyone playing along for fun. 
The number to compare to is:  10,290.28

Written By: philbo on 09/20/04 at 12:08 pm

This looks like one of those statistical correlations that turn up every so often: not causal, just two things that happen.  The one my maths teacher was fond of relating was the 100% statistically-significant correlation over a period of fifty years between a vicar's stipend in Kent and the cost of a prostitute in Bombay:- obviously no causality, just a relationship which had turned up as significant once the numbers had been entered into this newfangled "computer" thing.  What I always wanted to know is who compiled the long-term data (especially with respect to the cost of prostitutes in Bombay)

Written By: MooRocca on 09/21/04 at 4:32 pm

I saw this on Fox's buisness line-up this morning and found it very interesting. The DOW has been predicting the correct winner of the presidential elections for over 100 years, with laser-point accuracy. Want to know how, do and it for yourself, and found out, it hasn't been wrong yet.

--On Thursday, the end of the republican national convention, after the market closes, write down the Dow Jones Industrial Average, write it down exactly as it is (it will be around the 10,000 mark.) EXACTLY 6 weeks before the election (same as 42 days before the election) see what the DJIA is, if it is higher then the number you wrote down after the RNC, Bush wins. If it is lower then what you wrote down, Kerry wins. Hasn't been wrong for 100 years. Why not try and see. I found it interesting anyway.

Since Tuesday's close is the one to check, I wanted to bump this up for anyone playing along for fun.   
The number to compare to is:  10,290.28

(Not that I put much *ahem* stock in these things, but...)  The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 10,244.93, today.  Down 45.35 from the end of the Republican National Convention.  So, according to this, Kerry wins in November. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/04 at 5:10 pm

I have heard that one group (can't remember which and I'm too lazy to do a search) says that it is whoever has the "bluest" blood. In other words, who is the closest relative of royality. In this election it is Kerry. I did find one link that gives their lineage.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/articles/humor04-blueblood.html

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...