» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: Secret Crushes, Anyone?

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/09 at 10:43 am

Cause then when someone quots your post, it looks like this

;D

Written By: Michael C. on 09/05/09 at 2:58 pm

I guess it's not such a secret anymore...... ;)

::)  Not what I meant....I doubt I would be anyone's crush... ::)

Written By: anabel on 09/05/09 at 3:16 pm

I guess it's not such a secret anymore...... ;)

Definitely, maybe not.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWiN3SQHPsI&feature=related

Written By: Michael C. on 09/05/09 at 3:20 pm

Would You still call it a crush ?
Definitely, maybe not.   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWiN3SQHPsI&feature=related

Written By: Howard on 09/05/09 at 3:25 pm

But that's one hot kiss.  :o

Written By: anabel on 09/05/09 at 3:30 pm

That's a pretty serious question......No, I'd call it more like a thing since it's not a secret anymore and we feel the same way.... ;)

Written By: Frank on 09/05/09 at 5:16 pm

That's a pretty serious question......No, I'd call it more like a thing since it's not a secret anymore and we feel the same way.... ;)

It's still a crush, but more than just a crush, it's also the real thing.
Who knew?  :D  ;D ;D

Written By: anabel on 09/05/09 at 5:24 pm

It's still a crush, but more than just a crush, it's also the real thing.
Who knew?  :D

You did!!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 5:24 pm

You did!!  8)

I feel so out of the loop  :-\\

Written By: Michael C. on 09/05/09 at 5:25 pm

Yeah....He did....

Written By: anabel on 09/05/09 at 5:29 pm

Awwwww, Q, you know we love you too!!  ;)

Written By: Frank on 09/05/09 at 5:35 pm

Q, I think I am the only one who knew.
I think.
I am SO HAPPY for them!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 5:37 pm

Q, I think I am the only one who knew.
I think.
I am SO HAPPY for them!!!!

apparently no one trusts me  :P

Written By: Frank on 09/05/09 at 5:41 pm

apparently no one trusts me  :P

The only people that don't trust you are the people who don't trust you  :o

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 5:43 pm

The only people that don't trust you are the people who don't trust you  :o

well that's profound.....sort of  :D

Written By: anabel on 09/05/09 at 5:46 pm

well that's profound.....sort of  :D

Check your pm's, girl!

Written By: Bobby on 01/28/10 at 11:17 pm

Wow, secret crushes as well...This forum has moved on a bit since I've been here, lol.

I'm sure I have one or two somewhere. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/29/10 at 7:43 am

I have no secret crushes as of late.

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/10 at 8:10 am

I have a secret crush on my avatar :D

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 9:59 am

How is that a secret when you state your love for her right under the avatar?  :D

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/10 at 11:36 am

I secretly crush Rice every night.

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 11:41 am

I secretly crush Rice every night.

Shhh!  :-X

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 1:58 pm

You have the most public secret crush on the boards. Well done, Jason.  ;)

I did have a crush on Faith Hill and Natasha Kaplinsky a while back. I love the happy eyes and lovely smile look, eyes are definitely the windows to the soul.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/29/10 at 2:54 pm

How is that a secret when you state your love for her right under the avatar?  :D

You love Batman?  ;D

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 3:34 pm

You love Batman?  ;D

Jeez Howard.  If for once you have to pay for anything, try to pay attention:

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 3:43 pm

You love Batman?  ;D

Ha ha, how random.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 3:44 pm

Ha ha, how random.  ;D

You haven't seen the half of it ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 3:47 pm

You haven't seen the half of it ;D

Howard always keeps me laughing. What a man!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/29/10 at 3:57 pm

Howard always keeps me laughing. What a man!  ;D

Thanks. O0

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/10 at 6:22 pm

Unless she visits this messageboard, she is unaware ;D

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 6:35 pm

We all know your secret!

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 6:37 pm

Sorry for seeming right naive here, Jason, but what does Rachel McAdams do?

Written By: Midas on 01/29/10 at 6:43 pm

Obviously does "it" for Jason :D

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 6:51 pm

Obviously does "it" for Jason :D

Whoa-oh! Ha ha.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/10 at 7:10 pm

In my dreams, ME :D

In real life, she acts in films.  In 'Sherlock Holmes', she's wearing a towel.  In 'The Hot Chick', she was a pole dancer.  In 'Mean Girls', she was a bitch who gets run over by a car. 

If you never saw Mean Girls, I just ruined the ending ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 8:11 pm

In my dreams, ME :D

You have good taste there, Jason.

In real life, she acts in films.  In 'Sherlock Holmes', she's wearing a towel.  In 'The Hot Chick', she was a pole dancer.  In 'Mean Girls', she was a bitch who gets run over by a car. 

If you never saw Mean Girls, I just ruined the ending ;D

I see. I've got to study my actresses a bit more.  8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/10 at 8:15 pm

She's also quite breathtaking in "The Notebook."  She looks so beautiful in the 40's dresses!

And she's in "Wedding Crashers" though I don't like her hair as dark as it is in that movie.

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 8:29 pm

She's also quite breathtaking in "The Notebook."  She looks so beautiful in the 40's dresses!

And she's in "Wedding Crashers" though I don't like her hair as dark as it is in that movie.

I've seen Wedding Crashers too, lol. I'm right simple...but happy.  ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/29/10 at 8:39 pm

I have a crush on a girl I met at church. Her name's Hayley, and she's a black-haired, hazel-eyed beauty with a distinguished, silvery voice.

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 9:00 pm

I have a crush on a girl I met at church. Her name's Hayley, and she's a black-haired, hazel-eyed beauty with a distinguished, silvery voice.

That's really cool, Blaze. Are you going to ask her out?

Written By: Howard on 01/29/10 at 11:08 pm

That's cool DJ,Have you told her yet?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/29/10 at 11:10 pm

Not lately.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/30/10 at 7:48 pm

I haven't told her much or asked her out yet, I'll try to tell her how I feel on V-Day.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/10 at 7:50 pm

I haven't told her much or asked her out yet, I'll try to tell her how I feel on V-Day.

good time to ask a woman.

Written By: Bobby on 01/30/10 at 7:58 pm

We're routing for you, man. This asking women out thing is pretty nerve-wracking for blokes. Think positive and smile regardless of the outcome. I asked the prettiest girl in work out last year. My mates couldn't believe I was going to do something crazy like ask out the prettiest girl at work so I steeled it up. It took me a while to talk to her because, through nervousness, I forgot her name, lol.

I finally remembered and asked her if she wanted to go out for a drink with me. I was quite heavy back then she politely turned me down. I just remember walking home from work really happy thinking; "Rob, okay it didn't happen for you but you've got balls".  8)

It was the starting point of going to the gym and realising that physical attraction has got to be part of the equation.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/30/10 at 8:09 pm

We're routing for you, man. This asking women out thing is pretty nerve-wracking for blokes. Think positive and smile regardless of the outcome. I asked the prettiest girl in work out last year. My mates couldn't believe I was going to do something crazy like ask out the prettiest girl at work so I steeled it up. It took me a while to talk to her because, through nervousness, I forgot her name, lol.

I finally remembered and asked her if she wanted to go out for a drink with me. I was quite heavy back then she politely turned me down. I just remember walking home from work really happy thinking; "Rob, okay it didn't happen for you but you've got balls".  8)

It was the starting point of going to the gym and realising that physical attraction has got to be part of the equation.

Man, that hurts. I'm sure you did fine afterward.

Written By: Bobby on 01/30/10 at 8:53 pm

Man, that hurts. I'm sure you did fine afterward.

Well, she's a nice girl, we are friends and she likes talking to me so technically I've lost nothing and gained a friend as a result. For me, it's all about not backing down and going for it regardless...Anyway, that is enough about my experience. You have a girl to ask out and you'll have to let us know how you got on. :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/10 at 6:01 pm

good time to ask a woman.

when?

Written By: Howard on 01/31/10 at 8:08 pm

when?

On Valentine's Day.

Written By: Frank on 02/01/10 at 12:36 am

It's not easy asking a girl out. There's always that fear of rejection. Guys get that fear more than girls in this situation, I think.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/10 at 6:23 am

It's not easy asking a girl out. There's always that fear of rejection. Guys get that fear more than girls in this situation, I think.

I know,I get shy sometimes so it's not easy for me.

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/10 at 6:15 pm

That's right. I think women tend to be nice/diplomatic about the whole thing usually. I don't know many women that would laugh in your face if you asked them out but men can be prone to insensitivity. For example, a girl at work told me she asked a bloke for his phone number. He simply retorted; "What for?" and walked off.

Written By: Frank on 02/01/10 at 6:18 pm

That's right. I think women tend to be nice/diplomatic about the whole thing usually. I don't know many women that would laugh in your face if you asked them out but men can be prone to insensitivity. For example, a girl at work told me she asked a bloke for his phone number. He simply retorted; "What for?" and walked off.

It's seems to be more common for a girl to say "No" when a guy asks them out, as opposed to vice-versa. Usually the guy will say yes if a girl ask her out. I have several friends who are pushing 40 who have never asked a girl out because of that fear of rejection.

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/10 at 6:28 pm

It's seems to be more common for a girl to say "No" when a guy asks them out, as opposed to vice-versa. Usually the guy will say yes if a girl ask her out. I have several friends who are pushing 40 who have never asked a girl out because of that fear of rejection.

I understand that fear of rejection all to well. Still, I read a plaque on a wall once that said; "If you continue to do the same thing you have always done, expect the same results you've always had".

Written By: Frank on 02/01/10 at 6:31 pm

I understand that fear of rejection all to well. Still, I read a plaque on a wall once that said; "If you continue to do the same thing you have always done, expect the same results you've always had".

Yup. Sometimes, you just have to say "what the heck" and go for it.

Written By: nally on 02/01/10 at 6:32 pm

Me too; the fear of rejection always crosses my mind.

Written By: Frank on 02/01/10 at 6:35 pm

It's like that with most guys I know.
I was like that in most of high school, but later on I just said "What the heck" and didn't care if I was rejected anymore. Like the Nike cliche, just do it. So I had no more fear is asking girls out.

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/10 at 6:41 pm

It's like that with most guys I know.
I was like that in most of high school, but later on I just said "What the heck" and didn't care if I was rejected anymore. Like the Nike cliche, just do it. So I had no more fear is asking girls out.

It's like with everything, the more you practice it the better you get, knowing what is the right and wrong thing to do. My problem is male 'competition', I am too much of a gentleman. I was talking to this one lady who was really interested in me and this bloke came out of nowhere, whipped her away from me and started caressing her! I stood there for a few minutes trying to work out what to do.

Written By: ninny on 02/01/10 at 7:34 pm

I was the same way when I was younger. I had lots of crushes but never really tried to pursue anything, if I did I always got the line "But I think of you as a friend (or sister)" :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/10 at 7:44 pm

I was the same way when I was younger. I had lots of crushes but never really tried to pursue anything, if I did I always got the line "But I think of you as a friend (or sister)" :-\\

Blokes get that classic line too, ninny. When someone say's that to me I consider that they are doing me a favour because I know too many people get involved with others for the sake of it, not particularly loving their partner or having that connection with them and it can turn out horrible.

A friend of mine is involved with someone off-and-on and he cut the tip of his finger off at work (he's a chef). He phoned his girlfriend up at 6:30pm to ask her if he can come in and get some plasters for his finger. She said; "no, I'm going to bed". She ended up leaving the plasters outside for him in the front garden!

Written By: ninny on 02/01/10 at 7:59 pm

Blokes get that classic line too, ninny. When someone say's that to me I consider that they are doing me a favour because I know too many people get involved with others for the sake of it, not particularly loving their partner or having that connection with them and it can turn out horrible.

A friend of mine is involved with someone off-and-on and he cut the tip of his finger off at work (he's a chef). He phoned his girlfriend up at 6:30pm to ask her if he can come in and get some plasters for his finger. She said; "no, I'm going to bed". She ended up leaving the plasters outside for him in the front garden!

Gee nice "girlfriend".

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/10 at 8:16 pm

Gee nice "girlfriend".

Exactly, lol. I laughed when my mate said over the phone; "what do you mean I can't come around?"  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/02/10 at 7:48 am

And what if it was a hot girl?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/10 at 9:16 am

When I was a teen, I hung around with this guy. We were just friends. One day he said to me, "I think of you as a boy. I mean, I KNOW you are a girl but I just think of you as a boy." I was like..."Um...ok."  :-\\  That hurt my ego. I didn't think that I was THAT much of a tomboy. After all, at that age, I was VERY boy crazy.

Cat

Written By: ninny on 02/02/10 at 1:25 pm

When I was a teen, I hung around with this guy. We were just friends. One day he said to me, "I think of you as a boy. I mean, I KNOW you are a girl but I just think of you as a boy." I was like..."Um...ok."  :-\\  That hurt my ego. I didn't think that I was THAT much of a tomboy. After all, at that age, I was VERY boy crazy.

Cat

I know it stinks when they think of you as one of the guys, and your thinking of them in a whole different light.. I remember being in my early twenties and playing a drinking game with friends and co-workers there was one card that you had to kiss someone(I believe other than girl/boy friend) and all the guys would kiss me because they didn't see any threats to their significant others by doing so.Ugh not that I wanted to be thought of as loose, but just given a possibility that they might like you :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 02/02/10 at 5:44 pm

It depends on what he meant by that, Cat. It doesn't have to mean he literally thought you were a boy. Maybe it could have been his clumsy way of saying; "I feel really comfortable with you"? See, a lot of boys/men aren't clever around girls/women and view them as an alien race to themselves (I love what Seinfeld said about men papping at women walking down the road in their cars to try and get their attention, it's the best idea they've got) . Maybe your friend was surprised that he could relate to you in the same way he is able to a relate to a mate/another boy?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/10 at 8:20 am

It depends on what he meant by that, Cat. It doesn't have to mean he literally thought you were a boy. Maybe it could have been his clumsy way of saying; "I feel really comfortable with you"? See, a lot of boys/men aren't clever around girls/women and view them as an alien race to themselves (I love what Seinfeld said about men papping at women walking down the road in their cars to try and get their attention, it's the best idea they've got) . Maybe your friend was surprised that he could relate to you in the same way he is able to a relate to a mate/another boy?

I know that he meant it as a compliment of some sort-at least I THINK he did. I also think that I laughed when he said it.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/03/10 at 7:17 pm

I know that he meant it as a compliment of some sort-at least I THINK he did. I also think that I laughed when he said it.

Good to hear. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/05/10 at 12:07 am

Cat

I think that was his lame ass way of saying he thinks of you as 'one of the guys' meaning he can curse, spit, scratch and do all those other things guys do around each other  ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/14/10 at 3:32 pm

Well, I told the girl I mentioned earlier how I felt about her... now she's my unofficial girlfriend. I'm sure she likes me back, but her being my girlfriend is debatable.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/14/10 at 3:41 pm

Well, I told the girl I mentioned earlier how I felt about her... now she's my unofficial girlfriend. I'm sure she likes me back, but her being my girlfriend is debatable.

Good for you for telling her how you feel.  That takes a lot of courage!  Why is her being your girlfriend debatable?

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/10 at 4:27 pm

Nice one, lad. I'm proud of you. That takes quite a bit of guts. At least she knows how you feel so it is up to her to roll with it.

Well, sometime in the not-too-distant future I've got to do what you have just done. I met a lady last night and she is lovely.

Written By: Frank on 02/14/10 at 5:56 pm

Good you had the courage to make the move, it's not easy. !

Written By: Dagwood on 02/14/10 at 6:02 pm

Good you had the courage to make the move, it's not easy. !

I'm with Frank on this one.  Good for you for having the guts.  Good luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/14/10 at 8:03 pm

You don't know if she has the same feelings as you do?  ???

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/15/10 at 7:05 pm

I'm absolutely sure she likes me back. No prob on that. She just hasn't told me that she's my girlfriend yet.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 7:17 pm

I'm absolutely sure she likes me back. No prob on that. She just hasn't told me that she's my girlfriend yet.

have you asked her out? did you give her a valentine?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 7:26 pm

Well that's ok!  These things take time.  No need to rush, just enjoy this part.

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/10 at 5:35 am

Encouraging stuff, Blaze. I agree with Ash. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/16/10 at 6:28 am

What is she waiting for?  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...