» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Its Friday night and I'm alone

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 7:38 pm

I f*cking hate my life right now.

And I f*cking hate people who are out enjoying themselves now.

Subject: Re: Its Friday night and I'm alone

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 7:39 pm

Just because you don't like your life doesn't mean anybody else shouldn't like their's.

And why don't you go out some place and try to meet somebody?

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 7:41 pm

I hate my so-called "best friend" because he's up in Dallas right now, he's just started his senior year of H.S., hes popular, and chicks like him.  Its Friday night so right now he's probably out doing something fun or hanging out with his girlfriend maybe.. although I wouldn't know for sure what he's doing since he never calls me.

Davey's probably out doing his thing.

And why don't you go out some place and try to meet somebody?

I lack the social skills. Besides, I don't have a car anymore.  I can't drive my dad's truck.

So what am I gonna do have him drive me somewhere?  That sucks.  And even if I went out, I dunno where to go other than to eat or the movies and both of those suck by yourself.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 7:43 pm

Your so-called "best friend" can be popular, and he shouldn't be hated for it.

And your social skills will never get better, if you don't start talking to people.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 7:45 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 7:46 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 7:49 pm

T.V. sucks

The net's become a bore- especially on friday nights

No point in going outside I'm out in the country.  What could I do?  Walk around?

Your so-called "best friend" can be popular, and he shouldn't be hated for it.

Well maybe he wouldn't be if he called me more often or something.

Guess what?  I'm at home right now.....in front of the computer......where I'll be until Monday.....watching the Yankees/Sox game.  Wanna hate me too?

Why would I hate you?  You're doing the same thing as me(computer/T.V.).

I don't see how you enjoy yourself doing that stuff.

I'm freaking sick of T.V. and computer. 

Going to the movies alone or out to eat alone does not suck.  I do it all the time when I have no one to go with.

Well ya know what Beth? Not everyone is the same.  You may enjoy just sitting at home but I DON'T and I DON'T like going to the movies and out to eat by myself.

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 08/18/06 at 7:52 pm

look, just because you don't have a car, doseint mean you cant have fun,
look theres lot to do on the boards, or go into some chat room and  meet people.
if not just kick back grab a good movie and rock a few 40's

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 7:55 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 7:57 pm

Whatever.

I've sat back a long time and have just 'gone with the flow', I've gone weekend after weekend after weekend and its always THE SAME F*CKING THING!  I haven't spent any time with someone my age since last November.  Thats 9 months of not hanging out with ANYONE.

Gah.

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 08/18/06 at 8:01 pm

so just because your board, dose this mean you must bit*h  and all, lean to have fun with life.
life is what you make it. you make it sh*tty it will be sh*tty, you make it fun it will be fun

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 8:02 pm

Whatever.

I've sat back a long time and have just 'gone with the flow', I've gone weekend after weekend after weekend and its always THE SAME F*CKING THING!  I haven't spent any time with someone my age since last November.  Thats 9 months of not hanging out with ANYONE.

Gah.

MY SOCIAL LIFE SUCKS TOO BUT I DON'T LET IT GET ME DOWN.  Instead of whining about how bad your social life is, actually do something about it.  You say you have bad social skills.....work on them!  Go out........go places that people your age go.  Strike up conversation with people.  Be proactive about this.  If you sit around and complain about how bad your life sucks, it's going to continue to suck.

How difficult is it to be standing in line at the movies and say "I'm going to see "fill in title".  Is it any good?" if you notice they're going to see it too.  Go to a club/bar and see someone with an interesting drink and ask them what it is.  Go to a sporting event and start chatting up the people sitting next to you.  

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 8:05 pm

See, my uncle went to a motel room to meet up with my aunt who came down from Dallas.  Hes gone for the night and hes the only person in this house I like being around.

so just because your board, dose this mean you must bit*h  and all, lean to have fun with life.
life is what you make it. you make it sh*tty it will be sh*tty, you make it fun it will be fun

HOW CAN I HAVE FUN WHEN I HAVE NOTHING TO DO AND NOONE HERE TO HANG OUT WITH!?

Life is what you make it, yeah, bullsh*t.  Thats just a stupid saying that has no relevance to my situation.  How can I make anything to do with no car, barely any money, no friends- what the hell am I supposed to do here?

MY SOCIAL LIFE SUCKS TOO BUT I DON'T LET IT GET ME DOWN.  Instead of whining about how bad your social life is, actually do something about it.  You say you have bad social skills.....work on them!  Go out........go places that people your age go.  Strike up conversation with people.  Be proactive about this.  If you sit around and complain about how bad your life sucks, it's going to continue to suck.

How difficult is it to be standing in line at the movies and say "I'm going to see "fill in title".  Is it any good?" if you notice they're going to see it too.  Go to a club/bar and see someone with an interesting drink and ask them what it is.  Go to a sporting event and start chatting up the people sitting next to you. 

1. I don't know where people my ago go
2. I don't have a car
3. I'm under 21, and all the bars and clubs around here are 21 and up
4. no sporting events to go to here, this isn't a major metropolitan area.  Not much to do here as far as that kinda stuff.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 8:09 pm

Stop complaining. We're all trying to help you, and you just blow it all off.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 8:09 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 08/18/06 at 8:11 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 8:13 pm

You know what guys you're right I'm just not trying hard enough to find something to do.

I have crying myself to sleep to look forward to.

Stop complaining. We're all trying to help you, and you just blow it all off.

Well, those are my circumstances.  What else do you want me to say?  I really don't have a car, its not like its a figment of my imagination.

It's called the internet.  It's called the radio.  Don't they advertise for teen clubs around in your area?  People your age go to the movies, they go to the mall.  Go there.  See other people your age.  Talk to them.  It is not hard to say "Hey, what movie are you seeing?"

I'm sick of the internet, radio, T.V. etc

And I told you above there are no under 21(i.e. teen) clubs around here.

see wow I'm 17 i don't have a car, and I'm home alone too ok, so don't say this bullsh*t ok, i feel this whole
thing is a cry for attention ok. theres nothing i can do in my town, but I'm glad to have inthe00s.
i have talked to some really cool people and its fun. you don't need to have people around you to have fun.
all you need is a good mind and to have the will to have fun.

Well thats you, perhaps you don't.  I however do.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 8:15 pm

I know how you feel, Alex. I can't remember the last time I went out on a Friday night. However, whenever I do happen to, I'm usually just wishing that I was at home. I guess I like being by myself most of the time. Like, tonight, my family (and pretty much everyone in the county) is at the fair near my house. I chose to stay home. I'm here, writing, posting, and listening to music. It's relaxing, and a good time to clear my mind.

I really don't know what to tell you, though =/.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 8:17 pm

I know how you feel, Alex. I can't remember the last time I went out on a Friday night. However, whenever I do happen to, I'm usually just wishing that I was at home. I guess I like being by myself most of the time. Like, tonight, my family (and pretty much everyone in the county) is at the fair near my house. I chose to stay home. I'm here, writing, posting, and listening to music. It's relaxing, and a good time to clear my mind.

I really don't know what to tell you, though =/.

I feel ya.  I wish I was more like you, you're the type of person who digs solitude.  I'm really not.  I don't choose to be alone, it just ends up that way.

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 08/18/06 at 8:17 pm

ok look since your so baord and have nothing to do i shal help you.

hey, so my name is tim, im from a small toen in new jersey,
i love to ride bmx, listen to punk music. i love movies.
clock work orange, scl punk, and rocky horror pictue show, are some of the best movies
i've ever seen, some of the band i like are leftover crack, lower class brats and the adicts.
in my high school, of ccts witch is a trade school, i go there for welding. and the sports i
play are soccor, hockey, and paint ball. how about your self?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 8:18 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 8:19 pm

clock work orange, scl punk, and rocky horror pictue show, are some of the best movies
i've ever seen, some of the band i like are leftover crack, lower class brats and the adicts.
in my high school, of ccts witch is a trade school, i go there for welding. and the sports i

...XD Somehow I don't think that's gonna help him get out of the house on a Friday night, but, uh, whateva.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 8:21 pm

But if all else fails, you could always play Yahoo! Graffiti with me and Doms..! =D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 8:22 pm

Fine.  There are no teen clubs.  Are there no malls?  No movie theatres?  Are there no parks with little league teams playing?  We have a ton of little local baseball teams playing at parks all around here.  You can't ask someone to drop you off and pick you up at any of those places so that you're not sitting at home in front of the TV/computer/radio?  Where do you live, the Australian outback?

There's a mall, a couple of theaters.

I guess ultimately I just don't feel like going without anybody.

Heh, well, this is very nice of you, thanks.  However the whole talking to people over the internet thing has become passe for me.  I've done it a LOT for a long time.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 8:24 pm

But if all else fails, you could always play Yahoo! Graffiti with me and Doms..! =D

That would be an invitation, Alex.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/18/06 at 8:26 pm

Alex is just venting his frustrations, and while I sympathize, there really isn't anything any of us can do or say that can change his situation. He's gonna have to figure this out himself. sorry Alex, but while it may seem like you're stranded by yourself on a desert isle, with little hope, you can either wait for someone to rescue you, or you can try to change things yourself to the best of your abilities. Hang in there. I like many others here have had many Friday nights alone, many.  8)

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 8:29 pm

Nothing is changing tonight.

I'm just stranded, unfortunately.  I'll probably just go to bed early.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/18/06 at 8:42 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 8:44 pm

Yeah, I'm sure many of us have felt trapped or stranded without a clue what to do or where to go and wonder if things will get better. Sometimes our only hope is what tomorrow may bring. If the weather were good, and you live in the country,tomorrow I'd get my walking shoes on and just go for a long thinking walk, 5 miles or so just to get out and get some fresh air and enjoy nature, get some exercise. who knows what you'll run into or who you'll meet along the way?  8)

Walks are always nice. Listen to music while walking, and try to meet people.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/18/06 at 8:47 pm

Walks are always nice. Listen to music while walking, and try to meet people.
exactly, when I was young I walked a lot

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 9:14 pm

Um, dude, its the country.  I won't be running into anybody.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/18/06 at 9:29 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/18/06 at 9:46 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/18/06 at 9:59 pm

Wow.

Once upon a time when I had no car, I made friends with people who DID have cars.  They were older, younger, and the same age as I.  I did not live in a huge town, nor was I socially adept, but at least I tried to be a good friend and someone who others would want to hang out with.  Because of my attitude and personality, I always had a ride here and there and something to do...and in a manner of speaking, I too lived in the boondocks.

Friday night may be over, but tomorrow is Saturday, and there's tons to do on Saturday.  Since you're 20, just tell yourself that it isn't too creepy yet to hit on the high school girls at the mall.  Give it a shot, it might help you out.  A conversation is started as easily as "Hey, how's it going?"

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 10:08 pm

i tend to hang out during the day, and hole up at night. then again, i'm a little older (!) and not so hung up on going out friday and saturday nights. i seem to remember from high school and college that time being rather unstructured anyway.

i rather suspect a lot of this ennui actually has to do with not having a girlfriend? and i gotta be honest with you, a lot of the characters i know who are dating/married aren't that happy. it's not about pining away for a state in your life that you perceive to be unattainable, it's about making the best of the state youre in.

which i'm not doing, because i'm not working as hard at the projects i've laid out for myself as i could be, but there's no imaginable way i could blame that on anyone but myself. and i'm single. you know, big whoop.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/18/06 at 10:18 pm

Well see, that's the thing, you don't HAVE to have a girlfriend or whatever to have fun on Friday night (although they're cute and stuff :D )...just go out with some friends, or if you have nobody to go out with, make friends in the middle of the week and then go out with them.  But then again, we don't live in his shoes so like Badfinger said, he has to deal with it on his own...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/18/06 at 11:04 pm

good info & experiences coming your way Alex. I say get your ass out & walk the streets for hours since you got nothing better to do. It's the country, so enjoy the scenery, nature, check out the cars that go by, smile at the girls when they drive by. maybe all you see is a whole lotta nothing, but you got no car, or a ride, so get up and see whats out in the world in the only way you can, your legs. Maybe someone will need help or something, you never know. be like Caine and wander the earth.  8)
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mlDjOZEK_UApH.jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1295fpmjt/EXP=1156046275/**http%3a//www.veggiedude.com/kungfu/images/kwaichang.jpg

Written By: Tia on 08/18/06 at 11:07 pm

good info & experiences coming your way Alex. I say get your ass out & walk the streets for hours since you got nothing better to do. It's the country, so enjoy the scenery, nature, check out the cars that go by, smile at the girls when they drive by. maybe all you see is a whole lotta nothing, but you got no car, or a ride, so get up and see whats out in the world in the only way you can, your legs. Maybe someone will need help or something, you never know. be like Caine and wander the earth.  8)
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mlDjOZEK_UApH.jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1295fpmjt/EXP=1156046275/**http%3a//www.veggiedude.com/kungfu/images/kwaichang.jpg
best advice you've gotten all day! i'm gonna follow it if you dont'.

although i'm gonna do it more like this guy...

http://www.foogle.biz/pulp_fiction/pulp_fiction_sam.jpg

you're welcome, beth!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/18/06 at 11:11 pm

best advice you've gotten all day! i'm gonna follow it if you dont'.

although i'm gonna do it more like this guy...

http://www.foogle.biz/pulp_fiction/pulp_fiction_sam.jpg

you're welcome, beth!

Stop tryin' to turn me on..!  :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 11:14 pm

Thank you for your replies Rice Cube and Tia.

Tonight's feelings have less to do with not having a girlfriend specifically.. its more to do with not having any friends around at all and not having anything fun to do.

It just sucks so bad trying to have your dad drop you off and pick you up, especially if you don't have a cell phone. nowadays its gotten to where you can't make a call out in public without a cell, its lost on businesses to let customers use their phone, and I know from experience its a frustrating endeavor trying to locate a pay phone that actually works.

If only my dad would let me use his truck, but he just won't.  Its our only transportation he tells me, which basically means he doesn't trust me not to wreck it.

I think what I'm gonna do is ask him again to use it, and if he says no, then I'll tell him I'm walking to town. Of course he'll try to insist on driving me, and I'll insist that I just walk.  I'll then go through with it, and he'll feel bad for making me walk.  If it doesn't work the first time, I'll do it again.  I figure that I can eventually guilt trip him into letting me use it.

I don't think you understand how desolate it is. 

Written By: Apricot on 08/18/06 at 11:18 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/18/06 at 11:20 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/18/06 at 11:29 pm

desolation is sometimes just the place where a person finds out who they are. Maybe come back changed, maybe not but look at it as an adventure and go out and explor the land. Your idea with dad and the truck is a good one. How far is town?

Nah, its too late.  I'm already in bed(I have a laptop).

Town's about 5 or 6 miles.

Written By: Apricot on 08/19/06 at 12:02 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Brian06 on 08/19/06 at 12:10 am

I am too, I sure as heck wouldn't be on here if I had something better to do lol.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/19/06 at 12:17 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/19/06 at 9:30 am

Damn, you're way out there.

Do you have a job or the ability to get one? Cause if you do.. save up, buy yourself some cheap used car (as long as it gets you from point A to point B reasonably well), and get out there. It'll take a while, and you'll have some lonliness to deal with until then, but you can know you're doing something about it.

Exactly. I think a job would be a great idea.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/19/06 at 9:39 am

It's Saturday morning and you're alone...

I take it you didn't take home any chicks last night, Alex?

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 10:04 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 11:37 am

It's Saturday morning and you're alone...

I take it you didn't take home any chicks last night, Alex?

Whoah dude! :o

Did you post this ahead of time or just now when I logged on? I've been on like, 5 minutes.

If you only knew..

LOL! Hmm I've got an idea of what type of thing might have gone on...

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:07 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/19/06 at 12:11 pm

Well, what the hell were you doing? Ballet dancing? ???

;D ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:13 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Apricot on 08/19/06 at 12:24 pm

Who the fu.ck told you?

Me. I'm sorry, man.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/19/06 at 12:29 pm

Who the fu.ck told you?
hey, it takes a big man to ballet dance and let his friends know about it. it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:34 pm

Me. I'm sorry, man.

You jerk, I thought we had something special..

.. AFTER I STITCHED UP YOUR LEOTARD AND EVERYTHING!!!  :\'( :\'(

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:34 pm

\it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man  ;D

No.. just a man who understands the concept of distance.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/19/06 at 12:48 pm

hey, I do not insult anyone unless I really like them & feel a special bond, then I hurt them  ;D
& you didn't have to bring up the leotard thing in public, did ya? That was the green one if i remember.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 12:50 pm

hey, I do not insult anyone unless I really like them & feel a special bond, then I hurt them  ;D
& you didn't have to bring up the leotard thing in public, did ya? That was the green one if i remember.

S'ok Mike.. they split easily.

Oh man, that reminds me of a great 'non-forum quote' from about a year ago... gotta post it.

Written By: Apricot on 08/19/06 at 12:50 pm

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED ME TO KEEP IT QUIET!!! I'm SORRY!!

God, why is everything a huge issue with you?! I can't take this.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 1:13 pm

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED ME TO KEEP IT QUIET!!! I'm SORRY!!

God, why is everything a huge issue with you?! I can't take this.

Look, if you just occasionally sat down and talked to me we wouldn't have this problem.

But no, you're always out with HER aren't you.

Written By: Apricot on 08/19/06 at 1:46 pm

Look, if you just occasionally sat down and talked to me we wouldn't have this problem.

Every time we talk, you turn it into a big dramatic battle, just like you're doing right now.

But no, you're always out with HER aren't you.

We've been over this, she's a friend of mine I don't get to see very often, don't you try to guilt me into not seeing her out of your jealousy.

Written By: La Roche on 08/19/06 at 2:17 pm

Every time we talk, you turn it into a big dramatic battle, just like you're doing right now.

We've been over this, she's a friend of mine I don't get to see very often, don't you try to guilt me into not seeing her out of your jealousy.

ME! I!! TURN IT IN TO A DRAMATIC BATTLE!?!

Maybe if I didn't live in constant fear I wouldn't have to. :\'(

I've cleaned the lipstick out of your collar you bastard, she's no friend.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/19/06 at 2:27 pm

I used to sit at home on Friday nights as well when I was your age (when I wasn't working). I suggest getting a job too....it really takes up your time AND you get to meet a LOT of people too.

Also, Alex...do you have a camera?  Why not venture out in the country and take some really unique and interesting pictures? Sometimes I love doing that...just heading out and hanging out with nature, snapping shots of it.

When I was younger...we didn't even have a computer :o...I know..amazing.....so, it was REALLY REALLY boring sometimes for myself.  I adapted to learn to enjoy doing things on my own (that was until I started working and making some friends).  Are you going to school this fall?

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/19/06 at 2:32 pm

I'd also have to say that a part-time job would be a great idea.  You'll have spending money and you'll also get to meet people. 

Written By: Step-chan on 08/19/06 at 2:51 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/20/06 at 7:19 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/06 at 7:50 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/21/06 at 4:54 pm

I need to keep more busy on Fridays. ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/21/06 at 7:35 pm

I need to keep more busy on Fridays. ::)

You still seeing Robin, Howard?

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 8:39 pm

My advice to you - Is to start drinking heavily.  ;) ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/21/06 at 8:44 pm

Sometimes it seems like the only thing to do.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/06 at 8:46 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x93YepEMukAO9qjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11rkqt59h/EXP=1156297463/**http%3a//www.leftrightnow.com/belushi.jpg

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/21/06 at 8:48 pm

Well at least I can say with certainty you don't go blind.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/21/06 at 8:49 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 8:51 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/21/06 at 8:57 pm

Pphhh, coulda told you that by the time I was 12.

really?? :o I was like 13 going on 14 before I started.

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 9:03 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/06 at 12:25 am

Well spoken there!

Written By: Tia on 08/22/06 at 1:01 am

Well spoken there!
*hic*

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/06 at 1:02 am

*hic*
I'll drink to that!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/22/06 at 1:19 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mzqoOpEoDUAGIOjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vr5l85g/EXP=1156313706/**http%3a//home.insight.rr.com/nyquil/booze.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/22/06 at 1:23 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mzqoOpEoDUAGIOjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vr5l85g/EXP=1156313706/**http%3a//home.insight.rr.com/nyquil/booze.jpg

That's just wrong.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/22/06 at 1:27 am

That's just wrong.
I know  ::)  I was looking for another image and the came across this, and since my original choice wasn't avail, well, you know...  that very well could be Davey at age 3  ;D

Written By: Gis on 08/22/06 at 4:51 am

Damn, you're way out there.

Do you have a job or the ability to get one? Cause if you do.. save up, buy yourself some cheap used car (as long as it gets you from point A to point B reasonably well), and get out there. It'll take a while, and you'll have some lonliness to deal with until then, but you can know you're doing something about it.

This is one of the things about Americans that always makes me laugh. 5 or 6 miles !!  that's no distance whatsoever, you have such a must drive everywhere culture. I would suggest if walking is too much and you can't afford a car or scooter and get a bicycle! I used to walk that distance to and fro the R.A.F camp I lived on to the local village to then catch a bus into town to go out.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/06 at 6:40 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: La Roche on 08/22/06 at 8:37 am

This is one of the things about Americans that always makes me laugh. 5 or 6 miles !!  that's no distance whatsoever, you have such a must drive everywhere culture. I would suggest if walking is too much and you can't afford a car or scooter and get a bicycle! I used to walk that distance to and fro the R.A.F camp I lived on to the local village to then catch a bus into town to go out.

Hehehe, I love when other people say this. People are still baffled by the fact that I sometimes walk to places.
This is the only country in the world when you can own a working car and still be considered poor.

That's just wrong.

I'd call it fuc.kin funny, but.. wadda ya gonna do.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:27 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Apricot on 08/22/06 at 10:33 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/22/06 at 10:33 am

Drinking is for quitters and fat people.

Wimps, too.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:37 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/06 at 10:48 am

Late bloomer.

Hell, I was 15 before I started doing that........ Now that's a late bloomer.

Edit: Looks back through the thread, alcohol? First time I drank was when I was 17.

Written By: Gis on 08/22/06 at 10:52 am

How to alienate half the boards with one little sentence!!  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 08/22/06 at 10:56 am

I'm surprised my post hasn't yet.....

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:59 am

Ah, you're still young and idealistic..Just wait til you hit 30, and the Homer Simpson within you will emerge to claim your belly as his own, and your, um, mind.. :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/22/06 at 2:50 pm

Not having a car or anything around here to do is most definitely a good excuse.  I don't enjoy doing outside things like walking and rollerblading.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/22/06 at 2:55 pm

Here's my perfect day from that thread:

"On my perfect day, I'd get up about 7:00 am, and have a breakfast of goldenrod eggs, maple flavored bacon, apple & banana crepes, and sausage-stuffed baked apples with ice cold milk and cajun coffee to drink.

I'd then get a good workout, shower, and leave the house by about 9:30 am. I'd go to Best Buy and browse around for about an hour, and buy a couple of good DVDs. From there I'd head to a good music store, and pick up a few CDs.  Then I'd go to Starbucks and get a Caramel Macchiato. From there'd I'd go see a movie, but not too long of one.  I wouldn't eat popcorn so I'd have an empty stomache, and I'd go by a local taqueria on the way home and get a super quesadilla, and take it home.  I'd spark up there, eat, and then head over to a friend's house to hang out for the night, watch TV, talk, listen to tunes, get blazed and then head out about 9, get some Chinese take-out, and park somewhere to eat. Then cruise around until after midnight listening to music."

See?  You have to have a car and a friend for that.  Money too.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/22/06 at 3:06 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/22/06 at 5:40 pm

The only time I have free time is on Saturdays and Sundays cause I want to work during the weekdays.

Written By: Gis on 08/23/06 at 3:21 am

You said "town" was only 5 or 6 miles out, right?  That's within reasonable biking distance.  Bike into "town" to get yourself a job.  The money will add up, and then you can buy a car.  In the meantime, you are already in "town", which means you can make friends.  Odds are, some of those friends will have cars. 

You just have to motivate yourself to do something.  For stretches of months I had no car, so I walked 20 minutes to get to work, and while at work, I made friends with co-workers and the people who were nearby.  Some of them had cars, and many of them even invited me to do things with their friends who also had cars.  If you open yourself up to possibilities and have a personality that people find agreeable, there is no reason why you can't have your perfect day. 

Or, you can find out which relatives have cars and live in a less boring spot, and then see if they would be willing to take you in.  That could solve your problem if everything works out.
I already suggested that and got no reply. Too busy feeling sorry for himself to take any notice of all these good suggestions I think !

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/23/06 at 11:06 am

I already suggested that and got no reply. Too busy feeling sorry for himself to take any notice of all these good suggestions I think !

*shrug*

Nice to see you again Gis :)

Written By: Tam on 08/23/06 at 11:35 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Gis on 08/23/06 at 12:11 pm

You too Rice.  :)

Tam I couldn't help thinking the same thing !

Written By: Tam on 08/23/06 at 12:20 pm

Tam I couldn't help thinking the same thing !

Some good Karma there! ;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/23/06 at 1:37 pm

Here you go.

http://www.schoolnursesupplyinc.com/images/products/18370.jpg

Someone had to go there.   ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Jessica on 08/23/06 at 1:45 pm

Here you go.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

It's good to have you back. ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/23/06 at 3:33 pm

Here you go.

Don't forget the porn too.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 08/23/06 at 8:55 pm

Hey guess what -

It's Wednesday night, if I don't get a call from anybody I know in the next half hour.. you know what I'm gonna do.

I'm gonna walk to a bar, get some dinner, have a few drinks, talk to people, come home.. and jack off.

It's really not that difficult pal.

Written By: Jessica on 08/23/06 at 9:31 pm

Walking or jacking off?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/23/06 at 9:33 pm

Hey guess what -

It's Wednesday night, if I don't get a call from anybody I know in the next half hour.. you know what I'm gonna do.

I'm gonna walk to a bar, get some dinner, have a few drinks, talk to people, come home.. and jack off.

you ain't waiting til you get home  ;D  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/23/06 at 9:41 pm

Walking or jacking off?

Hopefully the jacking off part.

Written By: Tia on 08/23/06 at 9:46 pm

did this thread just go too far?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/23/06 at 9:52 pm

did this thread just go too far?

What thread hasn't at some point?  BTW, excellent vid in your signature.  I have that on the DVD.  :)

Written By: Tia on 08/23/06 at 9:57 pm

What thread hasn't at some point?  BTW, excellent vid in your signature.  I have that on the DVD.  :)
i love the black mountain side rendition, which i think he does on the same guitar. they call it something else. white summer, i think?

such an amazing player in his prime.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/23/06 at 10:10 pm

i love the black mountain side rendition, which i think he does on the same guitar. they call it something else. white summer, i think?

such an amazing player in his prime.

One of the best guitarists I've seen.  Even his work at Knebworth (strung out though he was) was pretty good.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/23/06 at 11:13 pm

Hey guess what -

You live in town though.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/23/06 at 11:16 pm

They aren't good suggestions for me.

I already have a job.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/24/06 at 1:04 am

get a harmonica and learn how to play the blues while you're listening to Muddy Waters. While you're feelin' blue, you may as well learn how to play unless you already do, & it's a good way to pass solitary time until things change, and they WILL change. things always change.  8)

Written By: Gis on 08/24/06 at 1:27 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 1:29 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/24/06 at 8:11 am

If you don't like the suggestions we've given you (and they've been good), don't complain about how bad your life is.  We're trying to help because we don't want you sitting around doing nothing and feeling sorry for yourself, but if you keep telling us how much the suggestions don't work, they're no good, they don't apply to you, that just makes us think you enjoy feeling sorry for yourself.

Seriously, I know...why do people usually tell others about their problems? Most of the time it's not to get advice, but just for someone to listen/feel sorry for them.

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 8:15 am

Walking or jacking off?

Both.. but I'm a multi-tasker.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/24/06 at 8:34 am

Enquiring minds want to know....

can you do both at the same time? ;)

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 9:38 am

Enquiring minds want to know....

can you do both at the same time? ;)

Logic dictates that I can.

Written By: Abix on 08/24/06 at 9:51 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 9:59 am

i actually like seeing movies alone too. i sit closer to the front than most people prefer and i HATE it when people whisper stuff to me! unless it's "take me now" and the movie wasn't very good anyway.

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 10:09 am

If you don't like the suggestions we've given you (and they've been good), don't complain about how bad your life is.  We're trying to help because we don't want you sitting around doing nothing and feeling sorry for yourself, but if you keep telling us how much the suggestions don't work, they're no good, they don't apply to you, that just makes us think you enjoy feeling sorry for yourself.

Which is why I haven't offered any advice. From that one post he said about hating anyone that has a life (or something like that), I knew it was just a "poor me" topic.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

Oh, the mental images... ;D

Written By: Gis on 08/24/06 at 10:33 am

As long as it's not along the public highway hmm....... ;D

Written By: Gis on 08/24/06 at 10:38 am

Actually you've just reminded me of a text message I got on my phone from a complete stranger that said 'I've had a great day, on my way home from the pub for a for a good w*nk' I replied 'Riiiigght,thanks for sharing that with me but I actually have no idea who you are, and that's way too much information' I never heard from them again...............

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/24/06 at 10:43 am

I need video to prove that ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 11:25 am

BWAHAHA!  A Spock-off!  :D

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Tam on 08/24/06 at 11:47 am

You're like that Chinese proverb where a farmer keeps waiting for a rabbit to crash into a tree so he can eat it.  You gotta do a little work yourself so you can catch the rabbit, because no rabbit is going to pity you and kill himself just because you are too lazy to do something about it.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Applause

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 12:18 pm

Why is walking or riding a bicycle not a good suggestion Alex? On a bike 6 or 7 miles is diddly squat, you'd be there in no time at all and the exercise is good too. If there is anything to be learnt in life it's friends and fun don't come to people who sit on their arse at home making no effort, you have to get out there and find it/them. That's why the good lord/evolution gave us feet!

Biking isn't a practical solution because I can't ride a bike.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 12:19 pm

Which is why I haven't offered any advice. From that one post he said about hating anyone that has a life (or something like that), I knew it was just a "poor me" topic.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

Oh go to hell.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 12:22 pm

If you already have a job, then WHY DON'T YOU HAVE MONEY?!!11!1!?111!onehundredeleventhousandonehundredelevenpointone!?1  :P

Well, I'm supposed to go to work for my dad who's a paint contractor, but he had to order me some whites before I start.  I haven't actually started yet. Thats why no money currently.

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 12:59 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 1:12 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 1:57 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:05 pm

Touched a nerve, did I? You know it as well as everyone else on here: PITY PARTY.

Do us all a favor and delete your whiny assed self again.

Bitch f*ck you.

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 2:07 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:09 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:11 pm

I see why you have no life.

You need special clothes to paint?

You don't have old crappy shirts and shorts?

Most painters wear whites. I don't really have any throwaway clothes, no.  The whites should be coming pretty soon though.  Then I'll be making 10 an hour. 

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:13 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 2:13 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:14 pm

It's Friday Night and time for the bachelor party!  ;D

http://www.aboveandbeyondlimo.com/images/bachelor-bachelorette-party.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:15 pm

Dang, you're not serious are you?

It's so freakin easy, you could learn in about half an hour.

Nobody will give you a ride to a goodwill or something so you can get some crappy gear?

Expend about $6 and make back 10 times that in your first day.

It takes approximately 2 hours to walk six miles.  On a bike, that's 45 minutes.  Get a tricycle if you have to.  But don't expect people to cater to your every whim if you're not even capable of helping yourself with the simplest of things.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:16 pm

Friday Night I crashed your party...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:16 pm

Friday Night I crashed your party...

Saturday I said I'm sorry?

Written By: Apricot on 08/24/06 at 2:17 pm

Ah, you're still young and idealistic..Just wait til you hit 30, and the Homer Simpson within you will emerge to claim your belly as his own, and your, um, mind.. :D

You know, everyone says that.. what is it about crossing into adulthood that makes everyone apparantly give up on.. everything?

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:19 pm

I need video to prove that ;)

I'm thinking some sort of Pay Per View set up is in order.

See Alex, there are millions of ways to make money.  ;D

It takes approximately 2 hours to walk six miles.  On a bike, that's 45 minutes.  Get a tricycle if you have to.  But don't expect people to cater to your every whim if you're not even capable of helping yourself with the simplest of things.

45 minutes if you're slow.

I used to be able to cycle from my mom and dad's house all the way downtown in about 20 minutes and that was at least 4+ miles.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:19 pm

Saturday I said I'm sorry?

Sunday came and trashed it out again...

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:22 pm

Dang, you're not serious are you?

Yeah..

And why you don't have date prospects, either.

B*tch like I said, you don't know f*cking sh*t.  You came in here and f*cking judged me, so how could you be surprised by my reaction?

I'm thinking some sort of Pay Per View set up is in order.

See Alex, there are millions of ways to make money.  ;D

45 minutes if you're slow.

I used to be able to cycle from my mom and dad's house all the way downtown in about 20 minutes and that was at least 4+ miles.

Yeah, I tried to learn when I was a kid, my parents bought me a bike.  Never got it though.  My older cousin told me when he was a kid his older brothers taught him how to ride by putting him on a bike, and pushing him down a very steep hill.  So I tried that, but I ended up wrecking and hurting my foot. I got all p*ssed and slashed the tires on the bike. It was never repaired by my parents who were quite angry.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:24 pm

Tomorrow is Friday Night

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:26 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 2:27 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:29 pm

Tomorrow is Friday Night

Yup, it is Howard.  I talked to my brother and eh said sometimes he goes to the next town over on Friday nights and shoots pool, he said if he decides to go he'll call me.  And I'm going to Dallas with my uncle Saturday, and I'll be hanging out with my best friend.. that is if his g/f doesn't pull him away like happened last time and I just ended up sitting at his house by myself. Hes my second cousin by marriage see, and my uncle is his stepgrandfather. Hes going up there to paint a room for them.

So what I said to you merits you cussing me out and calling me a c*nt. I don't think so. And if you don't like the conclusions I'm coming to about your life, then don't post about how you're so lonely and sh*t on Fridays.

Well, now I know something about you. Ever heard of anger management classes?

I don't like counseling, I had to go to a psycologist when I was a kid and I hated it. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:31 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:32 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:33 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 2:34 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:35 pm

I had a psychologist once.  Actually he was a psychiatrist (had an MD) but still helped me a bunch. 

What about group therapy? ???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:36 pm

What about group therapy? ???

Nah.  The school district told my parents I was hyper so they sent me to a psych and we just did one-on-one...mostly played chess while he talked to me.  Pretty cool guy.  I decided for myself when to see him and eventually got to the point where I didn't want to see him anymore, not because he sucked, but because I didn't see the need for it.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 2:37 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:37 pm

Nah.  The school district told my parents I was hyper so they sent me to a psych and we just did one-on-one...mostly played chess while he talked to me.  Pretty cool guy.  I decided for myself when to see him and eventually got to the point where I didn't want to see him anymore, not because he sucked, but because I didn't see the need for it.

Was it talking in front of people?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:38 pm

No Howard, just me and the good doctor in his office alone, playing chess and talking about whatever :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:39 pm

Hey waitaminute, you're in Dallas, one of the largest and most fun cities in the whole US of A!  Screw hanging out at the house all by yourself, go out and DO something with the opportunity you have!  :P

Well I WANT to hang at the house, if he does right and stays there.  But I dunno he ditched me for his stupidass girlfriend last time so I'm not counting on anything. 

Apparently, you don't like a lot of things. You hate people for having lives, you hate walking, you hate the outdoors, you dislike your best friend's girlfriend, etc.

What do you like exactly?

Hanging out with my best friend. Listening to classic rock.  Cooking.  Going out to eat.  Reading comics.  Working out.  Porn.  Comedy Central. Lots of stuff, see?

I don't care what the f*ck someone says to you, you NEVER, and I mean NEVER call a woman a c*nt.  That is low-class in ways that have no words.  NONE.

I knew the c-word was atomic, thats why I used it.  Its the equivalent of turning the table over at a card game.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:40 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:40 pm

No Howard, just me and the good doctor in his office alone, playing chess and talking about whatever :)

I have group therapy on Tuesdays at 11am

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 2:40 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:41 pm

Why all this constant arguing? ???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:42 pm

Why all this constant arguing? ???

Because someone doesn't want to solve his own problems.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:43 pm

Because someone doesn't want to solve his own problems.

What a shame... ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:44 pm

What a shame... ::)

Yes, Howard...yes it is.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:44 pm

You need to start forming Plan B and Plan C.

Eh not much else to do.  My uncle can't take me anywhere b/c he'll be painting and I don't know my way around town, unless I can go somewhere with someone else.  I don't know who it would be though. Honestly it'll be nice to just get out of the house and go to Dallas, even if I don't get to do much.

And that's why you're alone.

I don't see what that has to do with it. A lot of people will cuss someone out if they get p*ssed off at them.

There is never a good reason to use it.  NEVER.  Jessica is not a c*nt.  Sorry.  You may not like what she has to say, but that doesn't warrant you using such utter filth to describe her.

Don't like what she has to say? It wasn't constructive, I was being attacked.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:45 pm

What's your plans Friday Night? ;)

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:46 pm

Cun* is a wonderful word... however... I've found, it's not a word you use to describe women.

However, calling your pal a 'Bald fuc.king cu.nt' is a wonderful turn of phrase.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:49 pm

Cun* is a wonderful word... however... I've found, it's not a word you use to describe women.

However, calling your pal a 'Bald fuc.king cu.nt' is a wonderful turn of phrase.

That's not nice ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 2:50 pm

What's your plans Friday Night? ;)

My older brother said if he goes to shoot pool, he'll call.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:50 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 2:51 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:53 pm

I need to work more on friday Night

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 2:55 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:57 pm

I was down in Dallas a few months ago, remember.

Took me about 3 minutes to work out how to get around, good fun, lots to do.

How's the weather in Dallas?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 2:58 pm

Here's something you can do in Dallas.  Go to the 6th Floor Museum in the School Book Depository Building.  Get a little history.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 2:59 pm

Here's something you can do in Dallas.  Go to the 6th Floor Museum in the School Book Depository Building.  Get a little history.

Or see the Dallas Mavericks

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 3:00 pm

Or see the Dallas Mavericks

It's not basketball season yet.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 3:01 pm

I was down in Dallas a few months ago, remember.

Took me about 3 minutes to work out how to get around, good fun, lots to do.

You're on the internet.  Google Dallas.  Get a Tourbook off AAA.com.  Don't be such a stagnant blob all the time and try to be more proactive.  Check the bus routes and stuff too so you have a Plan D in case nobody with a car can take you.  You can walk a few blocks to a bus stop, can't you?

My friend's house is in East Dallas, not the best part of town.  I don't exactly feel like going about on my own on foot.

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 3:03 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Tam on 08/24/06 at 3:03 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 3:05 pm

::)

Oh come on, if I can walk around through East St. Louis you can walk around in a crappy part of Dallas.

I walked through the Cabrini Green projects in Chicago to get from the West part of the UIC campus to the East campus.  I'm still here.

Written By: Jessica on 08/24/06 at 3:09 pm

I walked through the Cabrini Green projects in Chicago to get from the West part of the UIC campus to the East campus.  I'm still here.

I live less than a quarter mile away from Gary, Indiana. I'm still here.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 3:10 pm

I played Frogger in South Chicago.  Still here.

Written By: Tam on 08/24/06 at 3:10 pm

I live less than a quarter mile away from Gary, Indiana. I'm still here.

We were just in DC and I'm still here! ;D ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 3:11 pm

::)

Oh come on, if I can walk around through East St. Louis you can walk around in a crappy part of Dallas.

Well, I'm a p*ssy. 

I don't know what else to say.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/24/06 at 3:15 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/24/06 at 3:17 pm

You can say "Gee guys, thanks for all these great suggestions on what to do when I'm in Dallas and what to do when I'm hanging around the town I live in.  I appreciate the time you took to come up with some ways to help me out, since I'm running out of ideas myself".

You know, something along those lines.

That would have taken too much effort.  Plus he was too lazy to think up his own ideas anyway.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 3:23 pm

You can say "Gee guys, thanks for all these great suggestions on what to do when I'm in Dallas and what to do when I'm hanging around the town I live in.  I appreciate the time you took to come up with some ways to help me out, since I'm running out of ideas myself".

You know, something along those lines.

Ok, thanks for your advice guys.  Not all of it is necessarily applicable for me, however, you took the time to think of it, so, thank you anyhow.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/06 at 3:42 pm

It's not basketball season yet.

Oh I'm sorry,my mistake. ::) ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 6:13 pm

I said thanks. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 6:21 pm

Kinda flew off the handle, I suppose.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 7:48 pm

....?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/06 at 9:04 pm

*Crickets*

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 9:09 pm

http://www.bettershorter.com/uploaded_images/tumbleweed-733840.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 9:47 pm

Oh, I see.

Written By: Tam on 08/24/06 at 9:50 pm

What more would you like from us Alex?
Most of us have already put our ideas down here...

I don't know what else to offer

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/06 at 9:51 pm

Dude! I got one of those for my birthday. Same size, too.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/24/06 at 9:56 pm

It's Thursday night, and I'm alone.

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 9:57 pm

Dude! I got one of those for my birthday. Same size, too.
http://www.littletechshoppe.com/ns1625/coal6277.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/06 at 9:58 pm

http://www.littletechshoppe.com/ns1625/coal6277.jpg

... It was a good present..! >=O

Written By: La Roche on 08/24/06 at 10:14 pm

http://www.traveladventures.org/continents/asia/images/mtatsmindazamemba11.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 10:15 pm

Yes... I get it..

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/06 at 10:22 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 10:27 pm

Wha..? ???

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/24/06 at 10:37 pm

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/runaway.gif

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 10:53 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyGa7bO5EzGcBVGyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=135di47t2/EXP=1156562491/**http%3a//www.richardbarclay.com/traveldiary/photos/extras/tumbleweed_parachilna.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/06 at 11:03 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyGa7bO5EzGcBVGyjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=135di47t2/EXP=1156562491/**http%3a//www.richardbarclay.com/traveldiary/photos/extras/tumbleweed_parachilna.jpg

Wow... that's a great picture of him.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/24/06 at 11:06 pm

Alex, I think it's time you said the Serenity prayer.
*Lord(or whoever you like here), grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference*.            say it!  say it!  say it!!!   http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/44676161

Written By: Tia on 08/24/06 at 11:10 pm

Wow... that's a great picture of him.
it's better when he knows it's coming. the candid shots tend to come out blurry, cuz he's so dynamic!.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/25/06 at 12:01 am

Okay, so since Alex here seems to be talking about his problems, I think I'm going to talk about mine.

Well, my boyfriend recently kidnapped a herd of sheep from this rancher whom he turned a trick for. So they put him in jail. This is, of course, after he married the rancher's sister, an 85-year old nudist who sells her color by numbers paintings on the side. So, of course, this was multiple problems for me. First of all, my boyfriend abandoned me for an 85-year old grandmother of thirty-two. That means he's straight. That, and he's going to jail. And he chose an 85-year old woman over me! I know I'm flabby, but at least I don't have the liver spots.

So, of course, the rancher sues him, and he and his new wife run away to San Francisco. But her hip breaks, and so they have to live on the streets of the Tenderloin in a cardboard box and survive on Vietnamese restaurant leftovers and Capri Suns. A tough existence. And they start turning tricks for Japanese businessmen  behind the stationary bum at the heart of the Tenderloin. The rancher discovers them and drags them back to court, but my ex's wife takes cyanide. However, she doesn't die yet, but rather becomes comatose, and a war erupts between the rancher and my ex over pulling the plug. But, of course, the rancher sends my boyfriend to jail.

I'm lonely, sitting at home, and I decide to break him out of jail, since he recently wrote me a letter with soap in the shower while, erm, bending over for his master. So, I break him out of jail using a gun whittled from a bar of soap, a dildo, and a pipe bomb, but once he's out and we're passionately making love his wife dies and then comes back to life as a zombie! I end up having to kill her with a chainsaw in the head, and she bites my boyfriend and so he becomes a zombie too, and so I cry as I kill him.

And so I'm lonely, and now I'm going to go eat a piece of cake to take the edge off.

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 12:07 am

he could be bi, you know.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/25/06 at 12:10 am

Next time, kill only the original zombie...the Worcestershire Sauce label clearly tells you not to go decapitating zombies left and right.

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/25/06 at 1:24 am

Nah, I take it back. You can't make me lock my own thread.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/25/06 at 1:56 am

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/25/06 at 3:06 am

Two words:

PETTY.

VANDALISM.

http://www.johncranetoday.com/generalgraphics/barbasol.jpg

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/images/eggs.jpg

http://www.foodindustrysupplier.com/charmin.jpg

(The rest is up to you.  ;))

Written By: La Roche on 08/25/06 at 9:31 am

Two words:

PETTY.

VANDALISM.

http://www.johncranetoday.com/generalgraphics/barbasol.jpg

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/images/eggs.jpg

http://www.foodindustrysupplier.com/charmin.jpg

(The rest is up to you.   ;))

Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/25/06 at 12:28 pm

Well, it's Friday night and maybe I'm going to be alone too, but I'm getting one of these...

http://www.measureformeasure.co.uk/admin/uploads/images/94020doll.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fudge/Gorgonzola/cheese2%20copy.jpg

You can work wonders with these two! Just let your imagination flow.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/25/06 at 12:48 pm

Well, it's Friday night and maybe I'm going to be alone too, but I'm getting one of these...

That seems like it could be quite messy.  :P

Written By: Step-chan on 08/25/06 at 1:52 pm

Aiyah! :o

Written By: Howard on 08/25/06 at 2:23 pm

I used to have one of those  ;D

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 5:31 pm

I used to have one of those  ;D
me too, but mine was better hung.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/25/06 at 7:44 pm

HUH?!?  That one's not hung AT ALL!!! :o

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 7:56 pm

HUH?!?  That one's not hung AT ALL!!! :o
and therefore... not a tough act to follow.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/25/06 at 8:08 pm

Some crazy bastard wants to hit me...
He's waving me over, so he can hit me...
But who the hell is he?
I can't believe this is happening!
Some crazy bastard wants to hiiiiiit me!

Written By: Tia on 08/25/06 at 8:11 pm

Some crazy bastard wants to hit me...
He's waving me over, so he can hit me...
But who the hell is he?
I can't believe this is happening!
Some crazy bastard wants to hiiiiiit me!
honey? do you need help, baby? just tell me where you are.

I'LL KILL THE BASTARD!!! I'LL KILL ANYONE MESSES WITH MY MEAT!

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/25/06 at 8:21 pm

honey? do you need help, baby? just tell me where you are.

I'LL KILL THE BASTARD!!! I'LL KILL ANYONE MESSES WITH MY MEAT!

I'm in Brookyln, hurry.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/25/06 at 8:52 pm

Good to see you back James! Tell us about your trip (in another thread)...

and yes, you can be very imaginative with a blow-up doll and cheese...

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/25/06 at 8:55 pm

Okay, so since Alex here seems to be talking about his problems, I think I'm going to talk about mine.

Well, my boyfriend recently kidnapped a herd of sheep from this rancher whom he turned a trick for. So they put him in jail. This is, of course, after he married the rancher's sister, an 85-year old nudist who sells her color by numbers paintings on the side. So, of course, this was multiple problems for me. First of all, my boyfriend abandoned me for an 85-year old grandmother of thirty-two. That means he's straight. That, and he's going to jail. And he chose an 85-year old woman over me! I know I'm flabby, but at least I don't have the liver spots.

So, of course, the rancher sues him, and he and his new wife run away to San Francisco. But her hip breaks, and so they have to live on the streets of the Tenderloin in a cardboard box and survive on Vietnamese restaurant leftovers and Capri Suns. A tough existence. And they start turning tricks for Japanese businessmen  behind the stationary bum at the heart of the Tenderloin. The rancher discovers them and drags them back to court, but my ex's wife takes cyanide. However, she doesn't die yet, but rather becomes comatose, and a war erupts between the rancher and my ex over pulling the plug. But, of course, the rancher sends my boyfriend to jail.

I'm lonely, sitting at home, and I decide to break him out of jail, since he recently wrote me a letter with soap in the shower while, erm, bending over for his master. So, I break him out of jail using a gun whittled from a bar of soap, a dildo, and a pipe bomb, but once he's out and we're passionately making love his wife dies and then comes back to life as a zombie! I end up having to kill her with a chainsaw in the head, and she bites my boyfriend and so he becomes a zombie too, and so I cry as I kill him.

And so I'm lonely, and now I'm going to go eat a piece of cake to take the edge off.

Erm, nice fantasy... ???

Written By: JP on 08/26/06 at 12:44 am

Alone again, not drinking, staying sober to avoid doing anything stupid.  Starting an outpatient rehab in the morning to stay off of alcohol... gonna be good to be sober consistently.  Alcohol makes me distort things to fit what I think they should be and cause problems for everyone. 

-- Soon to be non-alcoholic non-narcasistic sensable JP.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/06 at 12:49 am

As it now is Saturday morning, I have to wait a week for the next Friday night.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/26/06 at 2:45 am

I totally missed Friday Night  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/06 at 2:46 am

I can wait till the next Friday.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/26/06 at 2:49 am

I can wait till the next Friday.
If you can, then so can I. There should be many many more Friday nights, some better than others.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/06 at 2:50 am

If you can, then so can I. There should be many many more Friday nights, some better than others.
With some Friday nights you wish to forget?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/26/06 at 2:53 am

Alone again, not drinking, staying sober to avoid doing anything stupid.  Starting an outpatient rehab in the morning to stay off of alcohol... gonna be good to be sober consistently.  Alcohol makes me distort things to fit what I think they should be and cause problems for everyone. 

-- Soon to be non-alcoholic non-narcasistic sensable JP.
good luck JP, I wish you success & if alcohol is a problem for you, & nothing good happens when you drink, then it's probably the right thing for you to do.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/26/06 at 2:53 am

With some Friday nights you wish to forget?
that is true  ;D 

Written By: La Roche on 08/26/06 at 9:44 am

alcohol is a problem for you

Like that's possible.  ::)

Its Friday night and I'm alone

Yet... almost nobody else was.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/06 at 10:28 am

You are never alone with inthe00s.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/26/06 at 11:05 am

I am no longer James, I am Wilfred Crawford Davis Turner! I suggest all lonely on Friday nights to take an alter ego.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/27/06 at 1:42 pm

I am no longer James, I am Wilfred Crawford Davis Turner! I suggest all lonely on Friday nights to take an alter ego.
How about "Cheesy Blow-Up Doll Man?"

Written By: Howard on 08/28/06 at 3:49 pm

mine deflated

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/06 at 1:51 am

Friday night seems a long way off now.

NEXT PAGE: Its Friday night and I'm alone

Check for new replies or respond here...