inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wlir Fan: Lyrics / 80s / Synthecide [Synthicide] / Stacey Q / SSQ

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/09/05 at 9:22 pm

Weird - I can't reply to your original post.  But the Subject: header should hit all the keywords.  You were looking for a lost 80s track. Upbeat. And therefore, this'll sound familiar.

Synthecide / SSQ (Stacey Q):
It was right before my eyes
There were a thousand other guys
In synthecide

I've been caught on a one-way street
In the big electronic beat
In synthecide

CHOUS:
(Gimme a break! 
It's a tricky situation!
Don't give it all away,
I've gotta have my digital fix to-day!)

(Time out of phase,
Help me, I'm falling, losing my place
Is that you calling, crimson? and
Feeling no pain ... S-s-s-synthe-c-cide!

It's on program 88,
Dual mode arpeggiate,
Synthecide

It's like clockwork outa sync,
A memory to help you think,
Synthecide

(Chorus)
It was right before my eyes
There were a thousand other guys
Synthecide!

It's like clockwork outa sync,
And the memory makes you drink!
Synthecide!

- Any inaccuracies in transcription are my fault, as I'm listening to it now.  (Post a followup if you have any ideas for my questionable transcriptions)
- SSQ, aka Stacey Q, umm, aka SSQ.  I believe she released it under the SSQ name.

Released as Track 01 of "Playback", 1983.  Nice 80s synthpop, and because I was a computer geek before I was a DJ, *man*, what I would have given for a gal who could have sung this in sincerity and gotten the references to music and early synth tech, but alas, 'twas not to be. :)

You may be able to find it on Stacey Q compilations after her "Two of Hearts" single.  If you can find "Playback", get it.  You won't be disappointed. 

See also:
http://www.nerocam.com/MP3/2000.asp

Subject: Re: thankyou

Written By: wlir fan on 03/11/05 at 3:43 pm

Thankyou so much, you dont know how long i have been looking for that song. Its been bugging me for years.  I been looking up on "Ares" "Amazon.com" and any other music sites, its been so fustrating you dont know how thankful i am.  Thanks again ;D

Subject: Re: thankyou

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/14/05 at 10:39 pm

Thankyou so much, you dont know how long i have been looking for that song. Its been bugging me for years.  I been looking up on "Ares" "Amazon.com" and any other music sites, its been so fustrating you dont know how thankful i am.  Thanks again ;D

Most welcome -- always glad to help!  Feel free to cut, paste, and submit to your favorite lyrics site(s)!

Check for new replies or respond here...