inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I DID IT!!!!!!! :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/02/04 at 8:27 pm

I've been messing about with Photoshop today, trying to learn stuff, and in doing so, I learnt how to smudge and darken a picture! So, I thought I'd try it with the sketch I did (the one I was holding up in one of the recent photos of me in "Show Us What You Look Like"). I'm still learning so it probably doesn't look as good as it could, but it's a hell of a lot better than the original scan, and better than it looks in the photograph of me. Here are the results!! :)

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Re: I DID IT!!!!!!! :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/02/04 at 8:32 pm

Nice one, AV!  :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/02/04 at 8:34 pm

Nice one, AV!  :)

Thanks! YAY Photoshop! If I can somehow make it look any better than that, I'll post a new pic. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: gemini61 on 10/02/04 at 8:35 pm

That looks great! I have absolutely NO talent when it comes to drawing  :(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/02/04 at 8:41 pm

Years ago I did some drawings of Limahl, Paul Young and Roland Orzabal.  I think they got lost during one of our moves... :-\\

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/02/04 at 8:48 pm

Years ago I did some drawings of Limahl, Paul Young and Roland Orzabal.  I think they got lost during one of our moves... :-\\

I have a drawing of Michael Stipe framed on the wall, which I did back in 1992. It was the last drawing I'd completed 'til this one! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/02/04 at 9:34 pm

Oops. There shouldn't be two pictures there. Oh well, you can see the (sort of) revision. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 10/03/04 at 10:31 am

very nice pics Vile. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/04 at 11:42 am

Great Vile. Keep it up.  ;) 

I'm still trying to figure out how to resize pics. I have tried to post a few pics but they are too large. One of these years I will figure it out and have them up.

Cat

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/03/04 at 11:54 am

Great Vile. Keep it up.  ;) 

I'm still trying to figure out how to resize pics. I have tried to post a few pics but they are too large. One of these years I will figure it out and have them up.

Cat

I thought that was done automatically when you posted. If not, I don't know how to do it in HTML, but you can resize pics in Photoshop.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Dagwood on 10/03/04 at 12:31 pm

Those are great, Vile.  You are a very good artist.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/03/04 at 12:37 pm

Those are great, Vile.  You are a very good artist.

Thanks. :) It's just a shame I couldn't make it a better reproduction of the drawing. It looks very spotty! But it's not bad...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Lanie on 10/03/04 at 8:50 pm

Awesome picture,Vile! :) It looks like you're definitely getting the hang of Photoshop! :)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/03/04 at 9:04 pm

Awesome picture,Vile! :) It looks like you're definitely getting the hang of Photoshop! :)

D'oh! I just sent you that pic in my response to your email! I didn't think you'd have seen this yet! :) Glad you like it. You'll read my Photoshop story in my email. ;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/03/04 at 9:15 pm

Great Job, Tara :)

Written By: blackdog on 10/04/04 at 2:10 am

What a great drawing/photo!  I'm impressed with anyone who can draw or has that ability.
I thought photoshop was pretty tricky too? 

Me.... I never moved past drawing stick figures.

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/04 at 3:49 am

Excellent artwork, Tara. You are one talented lady.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 10/04/04 at 8:55 am

What a great drawing/photo!  I'm impressed with anyone who can draw or has that ability.
I thought photoshop was pretty tricky too?

Well, I'm not finding it particularly easy, but maybe I just need to get the hang of it more. I've only just started using it. Now if I can just get the reproduction of my sketch to look like the sketch itself (somewhat), then I'll be really happy! I was told some tricks to try, so I'll do that and see what happens. :)

Excellent artwork, Tara. You are one talented lady.

I thank you.... :)

Absolutely Vile

Check for new replies or respond here...