» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 'Underpants' minister loses job

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/08 at 3:49 pm

'Underpants' minister loses job

An Australian politician has had to resign after dancing in his underpants at a staff party.

Matt Brown, a state minister in New South Wales, admitted he had made a "mistake" and was "embarrassed".

He strongly denied local press reports of lewd conduct with a female staff member, who has also denied the allegations.

State Premier Nathan Rees said there had been too many reports of Mr Brown in his underwear to ignore.

Reports of the raucous party in Mr Brown's Parliament House office, surfacing in local newspapers, alleged the minister had danced in "very brief" underpants to techno music on a green couch.

The party occurred three months ago when Mr Brown was state housing minister, and was to celebrate the budget.

Initially Mr Brown said nothing untoward had happened at the party. But his boss, Premier Rees, was not so sure.

"I subsequently put it to former minister Brown late last night that there are too many reports of you in your underwear for me to ignore.

"He conceded he'd been in his underwear and that gave me no option but to demand his resignation," Mr Rees told Fairfax Radio Network.

Mr Brown then admitted conduct unbecoming to a minister, and resigned only three days after being sworn into office as minister for the police.

"I'm a human being and I made a mistake and I'm going to cop the consequences of that mistake," Mr Brown told reporters, without elaborating.

A former lawyer and university lecturer, Mr Brown had been a state lawmaker for nine years. His political future remains unclear.

Subject: Re: 'Underpants' minister loses job

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/08 at 2:09 pm

Oh, I thought you meant there was a Minister of Underpants Down Under.  I'm sure a lot of politicos would like to get on the Knickers Committee!

OK...he likes to dance in his drawers and for that he's forced out?  I thought Aussies were a more tolerant lot than that!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/05/08 at 2:16 pm

I'd like to see that on youtube

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/08 at 2:35 pm

I'd like to see that on youtube
Have you looked?

Written By: gibbo on 12/05/08 at 3:57 pm

At least the Job Minister didn't lose his underpants.. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...