inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite "Weird Al" Song Parodies of the 90's

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/12/06 at 2:30 pm

Pick up to 5

Subject: Re: Favorite "Weird Al" Song Parodies of the 90's

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/12/06 at 2:36 pm

I Can't Watch This" (MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This)
"Taco Grande" (Gerardo - Rico Suave)  
"Smells Like Nirvana" (Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit)
"Achy Breaky Song" (Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart)
"Headline News" (Crash Test Dummies - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm)

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 12:36 pm

I see that you've put the 90's OSes (original songs) here, including the year that the original (not the parody) was made. Anyhoo, here are my picks (in no particular order):

Taco Grande
I Can't Watch This
Bedrock Anthem (which parodied two RHCP songs--the first verse of "Under The Bridge" and most of "Give It Away")
Amish Paradise
Gump 8)
Phony Calls (which features a crank call from the Simpsons during the instrumental break)
Grapefruit Diet
Jerry Springer (parody of BNL's "One Week")

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/13/06 at 2:11 pm

I see that you've put the 90's OSes (original songs) here, including the year that the original (not the parody) was made. Anyhoo, here are my picks (in no particular order):

Taco Grande
I Can't Watch This
Bedrock Anthem (which parodied two RHCP songs--the first verse of "Under The Bridge" and most of "Give It Away")
Amish Paradise
Gump 8)
Phony Calls (which features a crank call from the Simpsons during the instrumental break)
Grapefruit Diet
Jerry Springer (parody of BNL's "One Week")

Actually, pretty much every 80's or 90's song parody he has made was recorded at the time that particular song was popular.  He'll take up to atleast 2 or maybe 3 years to compile a new CD, which is why some songs that he parodied might be a bit old at the release date of his CD's.

I had found some website that had the "recording dates" of his CD's.  For instance, his "Off The Deep End" CD that was released in April 1992 had recording dates of June 1990, December 1990, and January 1992

So he made the MC Hammer Parody in June 1990 and made the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Parody in January 1992 (The time when the song was most popular)

:)

Written By: nally on 09/13/06 at 4:50 pm

Actually, pretty much every 80's or 90's song parody he has made was recorded at the time that particular song was popular.  He'll take up to atleast 2 or maybe 3 years to compile a new CD, which is why some songs that he parodied might be a bit old at the release date of his CD's.

I had found some website that had the "recording dates" of his CD's.  For instance, his "Off The Deep End" CD that was released in April 1992 had recording dates of June 1990, December 1990, and January 1992

So he made the MC Hammer Parody in June 1990 and made the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Parody in January 1992 (The time when the song was most popular)

:)

I know that...but he did parody at least one 80s song in the early 90s (namely "The Right Stuff" by New Kids On The Block, 1988 or '89; his parody, "The White Stuff" was on his 1992 album). Moreover, he also had a parody entitled "Jurassic Park" (from his '93 album "Alapalooza"); the original to that ("McArthur Park" by Richard Harris) was made in the late 60s! :o So there are a few exceptions.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/13/06 at 11:38 pm

"Smells Like Nirvana"
"Headline News"
"Amish Paradise"
"It's All About The Pentiums"
"The Saga Begins"

"Gump" honorable mention

Written By: DJ Midas on 09/15/06 at 8:56 am

"Taco Grande"
"Bedrock Anthem"
"Amish Paradise"
"Gump"
"Pretty Fly For A Rabbi"

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/15/06 at 9:15 am

Taco Grande" (Gerardo - Rico Suave)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/15/06 at 10:20 am

Jurassic Park is my favorite.

Written By: spaceace on 10/04/06 at 4:05 pm

It's All about the Pentiums, Gump, The Saga Continues,  Amish Paradise.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/05/06 at 12:39 am

"Smells Like Nirvana"
"It's All About the Pentiums"
"Ebay"
"Pretty Fly(For a White Guy)
"Amish Paradise"

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/05/06 at 6:08 am

The Saga Begins
eBay
Jurassic Park
Achy Breaky Song

Written By: Ebontyne on 10/06/06 at 4:30 pm

"Smells Like Nirvana." The beginning of the video used to fool me into thinking it was the real Nirvana song... though the illusion never lasted long. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...