» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Malcolm X Assassin Now Completely out of Jail...

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/28/10 at 7:34 pm

The last of the assassins of Malcolm X was "released" on parole by the State of New York yesterday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hdsi6Mj4v6CXMFfpCzHeBUH23vdwD9FBNE3G0

In reality, he has been out since 1992, when he was granted "work release" whereby he worked a day job Monday thru Friday, and stayed overnight at his house.  He only spent the weekends in the slammer.  And before this he was also getting conjugal visists, as he has four children, aged 21 and under.

HOW ON EARTH IS THIS JUSTICE? This guy fully premeditated a political assassination... there was no question about this as he did it in front of hundreds of witnesses.  Shot X in cold blood as he stood at a podium about to speak.  In clear view of X's kids.  Never any consideration that the assassin was mentally ill or incapacitated.

This murder was as cold as cold blooded gets.  The case aganst this guy was VASTLY stronger than, say, the case against Charles Manson, who is never getting out of jail (nor will any of the Manson accomplices).

How come this guy got such lax treatment by the system?  You don't see Sirhan Sirhan out on work release and (had he lived) you would not have seen Lee Harvey Oswald getting out either.

I am amazed that some young Turk in the prison system did not try to make a name for himself and snuff this scum bag a long time ago.  Maybe somebody on the streets will.

Subject: Re: Malcolm X Assassin Now Completely out of Jail...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/10 at 8:15 pm

The last of the assassins of Malcolm X was "released" on parole by the State of New York yesterday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hdsi6Mj4v6CXMFfpCzHeBUH23vdwD9FBNE3G0

In reality, he has been out since 1992, when he was granted "work release" whereby he worked a day job Monday thru Friday, and stayed overnight at his house.  He only spent the weekends in the slammer.  And before this he was also getting conjugal visists, as he has four children, aged 21 and under.

HOW ON EARTH IS THIS JUSTICE? This guy fully premeditated a political assassination... there was no question about this as he did it in front of hundreds of witnesses.  Shot X in cold blood as he stood at a podium about to speak.  In clear view of X's kids.  Never any consideration that the assassin was mentally ill or incapacitated.

This murder was as cold as cold blooded gets.  The case aganst this guy was VASTLY stronger than, say, the case against Charles Manson, who is never getting out of jail (nor will any of the Manson accomplices).

How come this guy got such lax treatment by the system?  You don't see Sirhan Sirhan out on work release and (had he lived) you would not have seen Lee Harvey Oswald getting out either.

I am amazed that some young Turk in the prison system did not try to make a name for himself and snuff this scum bag a long time ago.  Maybe somebody on the streets will.

Apparently, Hagan was on a very liberal work-release program for the past 22 years during which he was allowed to spend plenty of nights at home with his family in Brooklyn.  That's the kind of deal John Hinckley wants.  Reagan and Malcolm couldn't be more different, but I don't support special treatment for the assassins of either one.  Well, Hinckley committed an attempted assassination, but Ronnie almost croaked. 

Anyway, Hagan's an old geezer now.  Says he wants to be a substance abuse counselor.  I don't think he's much of a threat.  I'm sure Farrakhan's crew had a little talk with him so they could all come to an understanding.

Written By: Macphisto on 04/28/10 at 8:58 pm

See, work release programs should be much simpler...

They take you by plane to what you think is a work camp, and then release you mid-flight at about 10,000 feet or so.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/10 at 7:04 am

Apparently, Hagan was on a very liberal work-release program for the past 22 years during which he was allowed to spend plenty of nights at home with his family in Brooklyn.  That's the kind of deal John Hinckley wants.  Reagan and Malcolm couldn't be more different, but I don't support special treatment for the assassins of either one.  Well, Hinckley committed an attempted assassination, but Ronnie almost croaked. 

Anyway, Hagan's an old geezer now.  Says he wants to be a substance abuse counselor.  I don't think he's much of a threat.  I'm sure Farrakhan's crew had a little talk with him so they could all come to an understanding.

Farrakhan's crew probably threw this cat a party.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/29/10 at 9:58 am

See, work release programs should be much simpler...

They take you by plane to what you think is a work camp, and then release you mid-flight at about 10,000 feet or so.

Its been done, by the Argentine dictators during the "dirty war", against supposed radicals.  No more just than releasing this guy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/10 at 8:00 pm

Its been done, by the Argentine dictators during the "dirty war", against supposed radicals.  No more just than releasing this guy.

Pinochet's thugs would dump the troublemakers out in the ocean, but close enough so they'd wash up on the beach later.  The opposition got the idea!
:o

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/04/10 at 11:15 am

Pinochet's thugs would dump the troublemakers out in the ocean, but close enough so they'd wash up on the beach later.  The opposition got the idea!

Yea, those guys were a sweet lot too, gorillas one and all.  I missed the Chile coup by just a couple of months.  Came back in June '73.  Good thing too, or I would have been another Charles Horeman

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/10 at 5:54 pm

Yea, those guys were a sweet lot too, gorillas one and all.  I missed the Chile coup by just a couple of months.  Came back in June '73.  Good thing too, or I would have been another Charles Horeman

The reformist illusion was paid for and is being paid for by the working class, its leaders and parties, which heroically and tragically defended it to the last moment, confirming in a dramatic fashion the phrase of the XVIII Century French revolutionary Louis de Saint-Just: “Those who make revolution half way only dig their own graves."

-- Miguel Enríquez (1944-1974)
Movimiento de Izquierda Revolucionaria, General Secretary

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/05/10 at 11:32 am

The reformist illusion was paid for and is being paid for by the working class, its leaders and parties, which heroically and tragically defended it to the last moment, confirming in a dramatic fashion the phrase of the XVIII Century French revolutionary Louis de Saint-Just: “Those who make revolution half way only dig their own graves."

-- Miguel Enríquez (1944-1974)
Movimiento de Izquierda Revolucionaria, General Secretary

That about says it all

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/10 at 2:59 pm

That about says it all

My liberal buddies resented me being skeptical about "Yes We Can" and "Hope."  I said since he was taking gobs of money from Wall Street, it shouldn't be "hope," rather, "don't get your hopes up." 

However, if Obama didn't take the dirty Wall Street money, he wouldn't be president.  If he told the truth about Wall Street, well, he might end up like Mr. Malcolm X and Señor Enríquez

Check for new replies or respond here...