» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Senatorial musical chairs

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/05/09 at 8:19 pm

Part 1

Al Franken wins the Minnesota recount against incumbent Norm Coleman by 225 votes.

Don't expect Franken to get sworn in any time soon.  Coleman will contest the margin and the turd-slinging will continue for another two months, maybe longer.

Part 2

Roland Burris calls himself the new junior senator from Illinois.

The problem is NOBODY except Burris wants a Blagojevich appointment in the senate, especially Obama. 

It's gonna be a long winter!
::)

Subject: Re: Senatorial musical chairs

Written By: Macphisto on 01/05/09 at 10:53 pm

Here's an idea.  We give Burris a proposition.  He gets to keep the seat if he agrees to kill Blagojevich while he's tied to a chair on live TV via an extended beating with a Nerf bat.

Pay-per-view here we come.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/09 at 7:51 am

But Burris wasn't only appointed by Blag, he was appointed by God!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ranzs4FkxHI

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/09 at 12:46 pm

I just hope Franken gets past Coleman's crybaby protests to the courts.  I don't even like Franken that much, but I can't stand Coleman and every seat counts.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/06/09 at 3:15 pm

Franken will not be happy until he wins! He's such a baby!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/09 at 3:19 pm

He did win.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/06/09 at 5:39 pm

How many Senate seats are in God's control now?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/09 at 8:37 pm

By coincidence, Hardball with Chris Matthews called Franken vs Coleman "Senate Musical Chairs." 
8)

Written By: Macphisto on 01/06/09 at 10:53 pm

I think if I lived in Chicago, I'd probably vote Republican.  A lot of Illinois Democrats seem to race bait like nobody else, but this is the area that Jesse Jackson came from....  figures.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/09 at 12:12 am

How many Senate seats are in God's control now?

I saw that giant mausoleum he dedicated to himself in that cemetery and he's saying God told him personally it was his destiny to be senator.  I've got a funny feeling I know how he and Blago first got acquainted--Blagojevich sponsored Burris at the Barking Mad Society, Cook County chapter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_compress.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_colors.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing9.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing6.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/09/09 at 12:35 pm

The same can be said for Coleman. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/09 at 12:51 pm

The same can be said for Coleman. ;)

Coleman wants "lose" scratched out and "win" scribbled above in purple crayon.

Why not?

They did it for George W. Bush!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_clown.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/11/09 at 1:38 pm

Why not?

...with the help of Al Gore (I'm sorry, but IMHO if Gore would've been silent, he would be President and Bush would still be in Texas...probably as a Senator right now).

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/09 at 5:33 pm

Why not?

That and Jeb handing him Florida.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/09 at 1:57 am

...with the help of Al Gore (I'm sorry, but IMHO if Gore would've been silent, he would be President and Bush would still be in Texas...probably as a Senator right now).

It was Bush who ran crying to the partisan Republican U.S. Supreme Court with the Florida court's Gore-beats-Bush decision in hand.  This was a good demonstration of just how far the GOP "states' rights" conviction goes!

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/12/09 at 1:40 pm

It was Bush who ran crying to the partisan Republican U.S. Supreme Court with the Florida court's Gore-beats-Bush decision in hand.  This was a good demonstration of just how far the GOP "states' rights" conviction goes!

It doesn't help that Jeb was the Govenor of Florida at the time either.

Besides, with things run by Al Gore for 8 years...Yugo would still be in business and Detroit may be in FAR worse than they are now (but not by a long shot, Detroit will be in the pits for a very long time).

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/12/09 at 9:34 pm

Here's an idea.  We give Burris a proposition.  He gets to keep the seat if he agrees to kill Blagojevich while he's tied to a chair on live TV via an extended beating with a Nerf bat.

"Here's a deal.  How 'bout I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call Senate seat."

When all is said and done, there's more said than done.  The Matrix still has us.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/13/09 at 10:23 pm

"Here's a deal.  How 'bout I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call Senate seat."

When all is said and done, there's more said than done.  The Matrix still has us.

Yep, pretty much.  The spinelessness of the Democratic party is starting to match that of the Republican party.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/09 at 11:16 am

It doesn't help that Jeb was the Govenor of Florida at the time either.

Besides, with things run by Al Gore for 8 years...Yugo would still be in business and Detroit may be in FAR worse than they are now (but not by a long shot, Detroit will be in the pits for a very long time).

A Yugo's a very good car.  Dick Cheney drives a Yugo--a Yugo F**k Yourself!
:D

Written By: Zeb on 01/14/09 at 12:26 pm

Roland Burris calls himself the new junior senator from Illinois.

The problem is NOBODY except Burris wants a Blagojevich appointment in the senate, especially Obama. 

It's gonna be a long winter!

I'll give Blagojevich credit for one thing. He picked Burris knowing that the senate would oppose him. Burris could then use the race card and any other method of political showmanship he chose to open a media circus for ladies, gentlemen and children of all ages!  :D

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/14/09 at 12:51 pm

A Yugo's a very good car.  Dick Cheney drives a Yugo--a Yugo F**k Yourself!
:D

Just don't go hunting with Cheney, he may mistake you for a quail....Speaking of quail, what has Dan Quayle been doing for the last 16 years?

Check for new replies or respond here...