» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yup, she abused her power in office for personal reasons

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/10/08 at 8:36 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

not really a surprise.  The bi-partisan panel found she basically abused her power to get her ex-brother-in-law fired.  I'm sure they Republicans will spin this and say it was released for political reasons, which is exactly the kind of thing the report was trying to uncover in the first place.

Subject: Re: Yup, she abused her power in office for personal reasons

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/10/08 at 8:51 pm

Many politicians do.  It's not really a surprise anymore, I mean, I, more or less, assume everyone has done something, it's just that some of it doesn't come out.
It's really why I have only a passing interest in politics and resist heartily when hubby suggests I run for mayor or something.  No thanks.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/08 at 9:50 pm

Hey, that's her appeal.  She's one of us.  Everybody's got that bum of a brother-in-law they just can't stand. You'd wanna get him canned too!
:D

Written By: Jessica on 10/10/08 at 10:18 pm

Hey, that's her appeal.  She's one of us.  Everybody's got that bum of a brother-in-law they just can't stand. You'd wanna get him canned too!

That is true, but I don't want my bro in law to lose his job.  He's paying the mortgage on this place! :D

(I'm going to get yelled at later for that remark)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/12/08 at 3:37 am

The bi-partisan panel found she basically abused her power to get her ex-brother-in-law fired.

Well, at least she's got some qualifications for elected office...

(If it can't be abused, it's not really power, is it?)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/08 at 1:33 pm

(If it can't be abused, it's not really power, is it?)

Where'd you get that?  The back of a Foetus record or something?
:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/12/08 at 2:10 pm

She gave her husband access to everything.  They call him the "First Gentleman."  Apparently the glitch is that he's not a State worker.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/08 at 2:57 pm

She gave her husband access to everything.  They call him the "First Gentleman."  Apparently the glitch is that he's not a State worker.

Nor, it seems, is he a gentleman

Written By: iquestion on 10/13/08 at 1:27 am

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

not really a surprise.  The bi-partisan panel found she basically abused her power to get her ex-brother-in-law fired.  I'm sure they Republicans will spin this and say it was released for political reasons, which is exactly the kind of thing the report was trying to uncover in the first place.

No, haven't heard it was political reason..just that SOME INVESTIGATOR thought this should be looked at..here Sarah tries to get rid of a guy who TASERS his own son, drives around with alcohol and she tries to get a guy like him off the payroll, (apparently it took a couple of dozen calls to even get anything rolling)..AND why not get her for accepting flowers from a campaigner!? oooo....

Sorry this isl the best they can come up with?

Keep fishing!

Written By: philbo on 10/13/08 at 6:04 am

No, haven't heard it was political reason..just that SOME INVESTIGATOR thought this should be looked at..here Sarah tries to get rid of a guy who TASERS his own son, drives around with alcohol and she tries to get a guy like him off the payroll, (apparently it took a couple of dozen calls to even get anything rolling)..AND why not get her for accepting flowers from a campaigner!? oooo....

Keep fishing!

No, the problem isn't simply that she tried to get rid of said brother-in-law, it's that when said a-hole's boss refuses to fire him (as he'd already served punishment, albeit rather a pathetic one), she fired the guy's boss - now *that* was a petty and vindictive abuse of power.

As a precedent for a wannabe vice-president, it's not a good one.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/13/08 at 7:06 am

Keep fishing!

If she wants to have her bro-in-law fired for this then she should fire others for the same or worse offense. I would like to see how many cops she stepped in personally to see fired for egregious conduct.  It would be one thing if she was using her position to clean up the force, it is another if she is just getting even. 

Written By: Kryllith on 10/13/08 at 8:50 am

Keep fishing!

From everything I've read in regards to the tasering, his step-son asked to be tasered. In regards to the alcohol, the best information I can find about him having it in the car was a single occasion when he'd stopped someone's house to followed up on an incident and had a drink while he was there and took one to go. Stupid, yes, but at least he wasn't over the limit from what it appears. There was another incident where he'd been in a bar and then drove a friend home who was drunk. They were pulled over by another trooper, who determined that Wooten had been drinking but was intoxicated enough to be over the legal limit for driving. See for yourself:

http://www.adn.com/politics/story/476430.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/05/palin.trooper/index.html

Might want to check your bait.

Written By: iquestion on 10/13/08 at 2:50 pm

From everything I've read in regards to the tasering, his step-son asked to be tasered. In regards to the alcohol, the best information I can find about him having it in the car was a single occasion when he'd stopped someone's house to followed up on an incident and had a drink while he was there and took one to go. Stupid, yes, but at least he wasn't over the limit from what it appears. There was another incident where he'd been in a bar and then drove a friend home who was drunk. They were pulled over by another trooper, who determined that Wooten had been drinking but was intoxicated enough to be over the legal limit for driving. See for yourself:

http://www.adn.com/politics/story/476430.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/05/palin.trooper/index.html

Might want to check your bait.

You think if I sent 30 lawyers...OK 28 and Millions of $$ ..to find something YOU did wrong they would have a nice case against you..and make you off as someone you wouldn't want to have anything to do with?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 3:09 pm

The kid asked to be tasered?  I guess he won't ask for that again!  I thought it was bad enough at that age when I zapped my foot with a cattle prod to see what it was like!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair2.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/08 at 5:55 pm

I thought they called him the "First Dude".

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 10/13/08 at 7:32 pm

I thought they called him the "First Dude".

Cat

First doo-doo?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 7:37 pm

First doo-doo?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/boldred.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bouncered.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/boldlblue.gif

By dint of me hanging out with the green guy tonight, you get uno Karma!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/08 at 7:47 pm

First doo-doo?

That is going to be Willow's baby's name.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 7:50 pm

That is going to be Willow's baby's name.

Cat

She has a kid named "Willow"?
???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/08 at 8:03 pm

???

That's one of the more "normal" names.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 8:28 pm

That's one of the more "normal" names.

Cat

Well, then why isn't Bill Cosby hollaring at her for not naming her kid Emily?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/08 at 10:26 pm

Keep fishing!

She's guilty of ethics violations, as determined by a panel with a majority of members from her own party. Her credibility is ZERO.  Calling Obama a liar?  Um, yeah, you know, she claimed she didn't do this, and it's pretty much proven that she did.

It shows she's an ideal running mate for McCain who was also found guilty of an ethics violation as well.

Nothing will come of it.  The party won't do more than reprimand her and the true believers will continue to gloss over it, because they'd vote for her even if she had murdered the guy.  The McCain campaign's busy ignoring the economy and smearing Obama and that's just what their followers want.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 10:32 pm

She's guilty of ethics violations, as determined by a panel with a majority of members from her own party. Her credibility is ZERO.  Calling Obama a liar?  Um, yeah, you know, she claimed she didn't do this, and it's pretty much proven that she did.

It shows she's an ideal running mate for McCain who was also found guilty of an ethics violation as well.

Nothing will come of it.  The party won't do more than reprimand her and the true believers will continue to gloss over it, because they'd vote for her even if she had murdered the guy.  The McCain campaign's busy ignoring the economy and smearing Obama and that's just what their followers want.

She's one of those mean cheerleaders who thrives on cutting classmates in and out of the in-crowd and gets off on hurting people's feelings!
:\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/14/08 at 7:11 am

???

You gotta key into some of the trash talk websites.  Her kids are Willow, Bristol, Trig, Track, and Piper  Trigs the baby and his name is Trig Paxon Van Palin, and yes, the Van Palin is a nod to Van Halen

Written By: philbo on 10/14/08 at 7:15 am

... and yes, the Van Palin is a nod to Van Halen

OK, maybe she is vice-presidential material, after all ;)

...but is "Trig" short for "Trigonometry" or "Trigger-happy"?

Written By: danootaandme on 10/14/08 at 7:27 am

OK, maybe she is vice-presidential material, after all ;)

...but is "Trig" short for "Trigonometry" or "Trigger-happy"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdFVdt0fxlU

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/08 at 9:06 am

You gotta key into some of the trash talk websites.  Her kids are Willow, Bristol, Trig, Track, and Piper  Trigs the baby and his name is Trig Paxon Van Palin, and yes, the Van Palin is a nod to Van Halen

"Willow" is actually a nice name.  "Trig Paxon Van Palin," not so euphonious, that's why I thought he might be Bristol's baby, especially with the Van Palin (Halen) reference, which screams of teen mamma!  On the other hand, Sarah was in her partying prime when Van Halen was at their commercial peak. "Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for teacher! Yow!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

It must be noisy around campaign headquarters with Van Halen and Whitesnake screaming from Palin's office and Abba and Barry Manilow blasting out of McCain's!

Written By: philbo on 10/14/08 at 11:02 am

On the other hand, Sarah was in her partying prime when Van Halen was at their commercial peak. "Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for teacher! Yow!"

At a school parents' association quiz, they played the intro to that as the last "oh, nobody'll get this one" question in the music round.  They were nearly right (there were 40+ tables of 8-10, and I was the only person in the hall to know the song let alone get the answer right... posh bloody schools)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/14/08 at 12:51 pm

First doo-doo?

I made a mistake-that should be the name of BRISTOL'S baby's not Willow. I got them mixed up.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/14/08 at 4:12 pm

Nor, it seems, is he a gentleman

Sarah doesn't seem the type to marry a gentleman.  They were giving him more credit than he deserved.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/08 at 8:24 pm

Sarah doesn't seem the type to marry a gentleman.  They were giving him more credit than he deserved.

Todd prolly introduced himself as a "gentleman" as opposed to some dumb lumberjack!
\ :P

Written By: philbo on 10/15/08 at 8:20 am

Hold on... I've just rewritten part of the Parrot sketch on another thread.. now you're telling me she's married to a lumberjack?

The GOP - Gone Overly Pythonesque

Written By: Jessica on 10/15/08 at 9:41 am

Hold on... I've just rewritten part of the Parrot sketch on another thread.. now you're telling me she's married to a lumberjack?

So I wasn't the only one who heard the "Lumberjack Song" when reading Maxwell's post. :D

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/08 at 11:17 am

;D

The strange thing is, it didn't cross my mind!  There is a stereotype of Alaska being a land where women are scarce and wood is plentiful, thus the need to distinguish oneself as a gentleman who will treat a lady right, not just a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am lumberjack!
:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/15/08 at 4:01 pm

So I wasn't the only one who heard the "Lumberjack Song" when reading Maxwell's post. :D

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I've got that on my ipod. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/fierytree/lumberjack_s.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/08 at 4:14 pm

I've got that on my ipod. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/fierytree/lumberjack_s.jpg

According to that photo, Palin IS a lumberjack-Micheal Palin that is.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/15/08 at 4:20 pm

According to that photo, Palin IS a lumberjack-Micheal Palin that is.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Of course he's OK with that.

Personally I think Sarah Palin and hubby should either be lumberjacks or goat herders.  Something really earthy, anything but politics.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/08 at 4:30 pm

Of course he's OK with that.

Personally I think Sarah Palin and hubby should either be lumberjacks or goat herders.  Something really earthy, anything but politics.

You betcha.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/16/08 at 2:28 am

Re: me saying "If it can't be abused, it's not really power, is it?"

Where'd you get that?  The back of a Foetus record or something? :P

Made it up on the spur of the moment.  Beneath my fuzzy kind exterior, I really am capable of conceiving of such douchebaggery :)

Now the one that I can't take credit for:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/snydezilla5481/jeopardy.jpg

...but goddamn, this meme has had me laughing for the past two days.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/16/08 at 7:29 am

Re: me saying "If it can't be abused, it's not really power, is it?"

Made it up on the spur of the moment.  Beneath my fuzzy kind exterior, I really am capable of conceiving of such douchebaggery :)

Now the one that I can't take credit for:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/snydezilla5481/jeopardy.jpg

...but goddamn, this meme has had me laughing for the past two days.

She's good for a laugh.  What would you do without such an abundant subject?

Check for new replies or respond here...