» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Who shoots at firemen?

Written By: La Roche on 07/22/08 at 9:16 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/54B564537575D8B58625748D003E0596?OpenDocument

Ya know.. who shoots at firemen?

I'm glad the perp burned to death.

Wow, my neighborhood has been so busy. We had a shootout with a guy locked in his house shooting at the cops and winging grenades, a 70mph chase down city streets with a car hitting a bus and decapitating the two perps and now this!

Subject: Re: Who shoots at firemen?

Written By: Red Ant on 07/22/08 at 9:25 pm

The same people who should "Die in a fire". Glad to see it happened that way, but it still sucks that a 22 year old man lost his life by some insane asshat.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/08 at 9:35 pm

Bad guys who won't be taken alive!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/saeek.gif

Written By: La Roche on 07/22/08 at 10:28 pm

The same people who should "Die in a fire". Glad to see it happened that way, but it still sucks that a 22 year old man lost his life by some insane asshat.

Ant

Turns out it's still not 100% as to whether he died in the fire or not. I would imagine so considering a corpse and weapon were found next to each other, but still, dental records will reveal all. Whole area is still pretty much on lock down. This of course comes not too long after the mayor of a neighboring town was shot in the head.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/08 at 11:09 pm

It's risky firefighting in certain areas.  I mean, if you've got to stanch a warehouse fire or douse a crackhouse, you don't know who you're gonna run itno!

There was the infamous Warehouse fire out here in Worcester in '99, I think it was.  Rumor had it correctly that a couple of drunks were holed up in there so the firefighters ran into the inferno to save the sorry drunk azzes, but the drunks found their own way out of the building as soon as the fire started and just didn't bother to speak up to the fire dept.  You know, fire dept. means cops and cops mean they find out about our warrants!
::)

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 12:50 am

It's risky firefighting in certain areas.  I mean, if you've got to stanch a warehouse fire or douse a crackhouse, you don't know who you're gonna run itno!

There was the infamous Warehouse fire out here in Worcester in '99, I think it was.  Rumor had it correctly that a couple of drunks were holed up in there so the firefighters ran into the inferno to save the sorry drunk azzes, but the drunks found their own way out of the building as soon as the fire started and just didn't bother to speak up to the fire dept.  You know, fire dept. means cops and cops mean the find out about our warrants!
::)

Just shoot them as they leave!

Written By: Tia on 07/23/08 at 8:17 am

actually, i dated a paramedic for a brief time and i can tell you, a lot of firefighters are pretty much dicks.

now i'm not saying shooting them's okay but it's not necessarily like shooting adorable kittens, elderly ladies or children skipping in the park.

i have a feeling this position may turn out to be a bit unpopular. :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/23/08 at 9:54 am

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/54B564537575D8B58625748D003E0596?OpenDocument

I'm glad the perp burned to death.

Wow, my neighborhood has been so busy. We had a shootout with a guy locked in his house shooting at the cops and winging grenades, a 70mph chase down city streets with a car hitting a bus and decapitating the two perps and now this!

Reminds me of what happened after Katrina, when some looters in New Orleans started shooting at the EMTs and National Guardsmen who were sent in to rescue them.  >:(

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/08 at 10:02 am

Bizarre stuff . . .

It's a shame that the police aren't releasing why the gunman flipped. Reminds me of the Michael Ryan case in Hungerford back in the late 80s. One man flipped, armed himself with guns and shot 16 people dead (including his mother) and wounded 15 others before shooting himself in the head. The reasons behind such madness dies with them.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/23/08 at 10:06 am

actually, i dated a paramedic for a brief time and i can tell you, a lot of firefighters are pretty much dicks.

now i'm not saying shooting them's okay but it's not necessarily like shooting adorable kittens, elderly ladies or children skipping in the park.

There are "dicks" in every line of work, of course.  Recently the whole fire dept of the town of Wallingford was arrested...for arson.

Written By: Tia on 07/23/08 at 10:13 am

There are "dicks" in every line of work, of course.  Recently the whole fire dept of the town of Wallingford was arrested...for arson.
well, that sounds enterprising, actually. generating a need and then fulfilling it. that's the entrepreneurial spirit at work!

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/08 at 10:15 am

well, that sounds enterprising, actually. generating a need and then fulfilling it. that's the entrepreneurial spirit at work!

;D

Interesting thought, in the same way the police will rob a bank, lol.

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 11:01 am

No, not really. There are dicks everywhere. It's just the fact that the guy was coming in to try and save him and he got shot.

Written By: Tia on 07/23/08 at 11:12 am

It's just the fact that the guy was coming in to try and save him and he got shot.
admittedly an unorthodox way of expressing one's gratitude, yes.

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 11:15 am

admittedly an unorthodox way of expressing one's gratitude, yes.

Of course, the amusing aspect is that he obviously needed rescuing as he did in fact - burn to death.

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/08 at 1:15 pm

Of course, the amusing aspect is that he obviously needed rescuing as he did in fact - burn to death.

Lol. Poetic justice against stupidity.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/23/08 at 5:55 pm

The title of this thread reminds me of a line from the movie American History X:

Derek:  You like to shoot at firemen?  Lights out.

Derek then curb-stomps the car thief and spends 3 years in the slammer.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/08 at 7:51 pm

The title of this thread reminds me of a line from the movie American History X:

I remember that scene!
:o

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 8:01 pm

Loved that scene. I wish somebody could have done that to this guy. I'd happily have took him out execution style.

Written By: Macphisto on 07/23/08 at 9:05 pm

Loved that scene. I wish somebody could have done that to this guy. I'd happily have took him out execution style.

Agreed, although I gotta say I'd be too afraid to stay in St. Louis.

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 9:25 pm

Agreed, although I gotta say I'd be too afraid to stay in St. Louis.

It's not THAT bad.

Sure, we have the worst crime statistics in the country for violent and non-violent crime.. but hey, the living is cheap and in my field there's only a few better places to work. L.A, Chicago and New York and I don't have my union card yet so that's out of the question.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/08 at 9:30 pm

It's not THAT bad.

Sure, we have the worst crime statistics in the country for violent and non-violent crime.. but hey, the living is cheap and in my field there's only a few better places to work. L.A, Chicago and New York and I don't have my union card yet so that's out of the question.

Well, it's only parts of St. Louis and nobody's asking you to go there, right?  There are a lot of areas of Boston I won't go, but that doesn't give me pause about going into Boston (but the new card-operated subway does!)

I'm still surprised St. Louis lost to Detroit in worst crime statistics. 

Written By: La Roche on 07/23/08 at 9:37 pm

Well, it's only parts of St. Louis and nobody's asking you to go there, right?  There are a lot of areas of Boston I won't go, but that doesn't give me pause about going into Boston (but the new card-operated subway does!)

I'm still surprised St. Louis lost to Detroit in worst crime statistics. 

Well.. kinda/sorta. Unlike most mid-large cities, Saint Louis isn't so ghettoized. Often you just have to go a few blocks. Due to the way the city is divided from the county there are dozens of municipalities and townships incorporated around the city that have differing makeups close to each other. I live in the West side of the city, nice area, blue collar, working class, now go north 10 blocks... ruh roh!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/08 at 9:41 pm

Well.. kinda/sorta. Unlike most mid-large cities, Saint Louis isn't so ghettoized. Often you just have to go a few blocks. Due to the way the city is divided from the county there are dozens of municipalities and townships incorporated around the city that have differing makeups close to each other. I live in the West side of the city, nice area, blue collar, working class, now go north 10 blocks... ruh roh!

As long as it's not rohowa!
:o

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/27/08 at 11:13 pm

wallingford ct? I used to live in Waterbury

Check for new replies or respond here...