» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: OBAMA-FOOT IN MOUTH-WOMEN CAN...

Written By: saver on 07/02/08 at 3:45 pm

Boy what a follie!

Obama recently speaking to get the 'women' vote..He was so off...
He stated point blank- women can do everything...AND in high heels!!!!!....That was so lame when it was first said years ago..

MR. OBAMA: WAKE UP!!!!

CAN THEY BE PRESIDENT, #1 HOCKEY GOALIE, BEST MORNING RADIO SHOW HOST, BE IN FRONTLINES IN MILITARY MANEUVERS,
      BE A FREEMASON, WALK ONTHE MOON????????

Those are just 6 things that came to mind 

Keep fooling them Barack..I see the spin!

Subject: Re: OBAMA-FOOT IN MOUTH-WOMEN CAN...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/02/08 at 3:47 pm

Que?

Written By: Tia on 07/02/08 at 3:49 pm

i googled "obama high heels" and this is what i found.

http://voteforbreakfast.com/images/political_dolls.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 07/02/08 at 3:51 pm

Boy what a follie!

He stated point blank- women can do everything...AND in high heels!!!!!....That was so lame when it was first said years ago..

CAN THEY BE PRESIDENT, #1 HOCKEY GOALIE, BEST MORNING RADIO SHOW HOST, BE IN FRONTLINES IN MILITARY MANEUVERS,

Hey, he's just pointing out the obvious. :D

Do you have something against women?

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/02/08 at 4:06 pm

Boy what a follie!

Go get a link and we'll talk later ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/08 at 10:50 pm

Boy what a follie!

Boy what an introdukshun!
:P

Obama said that?  What a tool.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/tool.gif

Written By: La Roche on 07/02/08 at 11:43 pm

One would assume a lack of anything against women is the problem.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 6:23 pm

Boy what a follie!

I don't really see a problem with his statement. 

Written By: Tia on 07/03/08 at 6:28 pm

I don't really see a problem with his statement. 
i don't either... AND i'm in high heels!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 6:39 pm

i don't either... AND i'm in high heels!

You still have the purse too right?

Written By: Tia on 07/03/08 at 6:45 pm

You still have the purse too right?
i had to sell it to buy gas. :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 6:55 pm

i had to sell it to buy gas. :D

That is so sad. :\'(

Written By: saver on 07/03/08 at 8:41 pm

Hey, he's just pointing out the obvious. :D

The comment was directed at Obama, I'm against that ridiculous statement as any woman should be as well, for his pandering to get their votes-
HERE'S MORE INFO:

by Mark Silva

In his show of unity with Sen. Hillary Clinton in Unity, N.H., Sen. Barack Obama made note of what the former first lady's campaign for president had done for the cause of women's rights.

"Because of the campaign that Hillary Clinton waged, my daughters and all of your daughters will forever know that there is no barrier to who they are and what they can be in the United States of America,'' Obama, father of two girls, told the crowd. "They can take for granted that women can do anything that the boys can do.... and do it better, and do it in heels.

"I still.... I still don't know how she does it in heels,'' he said, sharing a laugh with Clinton by his side.

Obama has told supporters that Republican Sen. John McCain threatens to set women's rights back - arguing, during a recent private meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus in Washington reported by The Hill, that the Arizona senator's likely appointees to the Supreme Court could roll back the gains of the last 50 years.

One other link: (with video)
news.mensactivism.org

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/05/08 at 12:43 pm

If only Obama was right!!!  But I see nothing wrong with his comment, and I agree that Mccain would be bad for women's rights.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/06/08 at 5:08 am

OK guys.  There is an old quote "Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards in high heels".
It is a supreme complement.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/08 at 1:52 pm

OK guys.  There is an old quote "Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards in high heels".
It is a supreme complement.

I was thinking of the same quote but you beat me to it.

Cat

Written By: philbo on 07/07/08 at 9:42 am

Yep, I was thinking of that Ginger Rogers quote, too...

ISTM that considering this sort of comment from Obama as a "gaffe" smacks of panic...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/08 at 2:49 pm

Yep, I was thinking of that Ginger Rogers quote, too...

ISTM that considering this sort of comment from Obama as a "gaffe" smacks of panic...

as was I... I couldn't figure out how this was a gaffe or anything else.  Seems like someone trying to make something out of nothing. 

Business as usual for the right-wing noise machine to invent controversy where there is none

Written By: Jessica on 07/07/08 at 3:30 pm

as was I... I couldn't figure out how this was a gaffe or anything else.  Seems like someone trying to make something out of nothing. 

Business as usual for the right-wing noise machine to invent controversy where there is none

Maybe they didn't like it because he misquoted a dead white dude...? ???

Written By: saver on 07/07/08 at 5:01 pm

He's pandering and it shows.

Already pointed out what women CAN'T do and he never qualified it by turning into..'there are many more things women will be doing the same as men, or women have come a long way....'
Haven't heard of a woman getting prostate cancer yet.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/07/08 at 7:15 pm

Already pointed out what women CAN'T do and he never qualified it by turning into..'there are many more things women will be doing the same as men, or women have come a long way....'

wow... just wow... so you're equating something someone actively attempts with contracting a deadly disease.  That defies analysis.

Still fail to see how any of the analogies you've posted so far are even relevant.  You think women can't walk on the moon?  Can you give me an actual reason why they can't besides the fact they haven't yet?  There have been several female astronauts, and I'm sure all of them are qualified to have made a moon landing if that program was still in operation.

Written By: philbo on 07/08/08 at 5:46 am

You think women can't walk on the moon?

In high heels?  Maybe not..

That obviously means Obama is not presidential material, then...

I do think we're going to see a lot more of this over the next few months - Obama actually seems to have a real sense of humour (rather than the Hillary-esqe manufactured one), and there seem to be plenty of Republicans who, lacking one themselves, simply don't get the joke.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/08/08 at 8:42 am

clearly that's the point I didn't get then... though I still think if a guy got prostate cancer, it wouldn't matter if he was wearing high heels or not

I do think we're going to see a lot more of this over the next few months - Obama actually seems to have a real sense of humour (rather than the Hillary-esqe manufactured one), and there seem to be plenty of Republicans who, lacking one themselves, simply don't get the joke.

that's not fair... I know for a fact Bob Dole had a great sense of humor, but was reigned in by his advisers.  It's the Republican voters that don't have a sense of humor.

Written By: Jessica on 07/08/08 at 9:35 am

No, but we can get breast cancer and uterine cancer.

Written By: Tia on 07/08/08 at 9:51 am

clearly that's the point I didn't get then... though I still think if a guy got prostate cancer, it wouldn't matter if he was wearing high heels or not

that's not fair... I know for a fact Bob Dole had a great sense of humor, but was reigned in by his advisers.  It's the Republican voters that don't have a sense of humor.
mike huckabee is hilarious. he also seems to be insane, but that's okay.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/08/08 at 10:31 am

Thid whole thread seems a bit weird.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/08/08 at 10:39 am

Don't forget cervical and ovarian.  Women are tough cookies!

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/08/08 at 3:30 pm

Thid whole thread seems a bit weird.

Welcome to...saver's world :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 4:03 pm

High-heeled moonboots?  I think Gary Glitter has a few pairs of those!
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/08/08 at 5:18 pm

Or have babies  :)  They never do get over the whole breast feeding thing, do they  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/08/08 at 5:20 pm

Sounds like republican desperation.  We can see you sweating from here.  You really have to find other ways to find fault considering some of the things bushie and co have said the past 7 1/2 years.

Written By: saver on 07/08/08 at 5:41 pm

Sounds like republican desperation.  We can see you sweating from here.  You really have to find other ways to find fault considering some of the things bushie and co have said the past 7 1/2 years.

Sorry 1. we're not talking about Bush here..Obama made his bed let him lie in it.

2. Obama said it so let's take it apart and look at what that would mean, and you see it..okay. what woman ever won the NHL Championship Game..NONE, Whta woman is fighitng on the fromt war lines..None to mention because THEY won't get the chance due to the (argued by the military)bodily functions-scents- during their 'cycles' which would not let them in those situations. On other..you won't see women as STEALTH divers as THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED-it's a special force doing underwater skindiving tactics.

Didn't break a sweat on that at all!

If you want higher taxes, go for Obama..what's his PLAN again? Raise taxes Soc.Sec., etc..
If you're hearing anything good,it's the team he surrounded himself with...don't fall for it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/08/08 at 7:10 pm

here's the exact quote:

This is from the transcript of the appearance: "ecause of the campaign that Hillary Clinton waged, my daughters and all of your daughters will forever know that there is no barrier to who they are and what they can be in the United States of America. They can take for granted that women can do anything that the boys can do (cheers begin) -- and do it better, and do it in heels. I still (Obama laughs) --  I still don't know how she does it in heels."

This is one of those manufactured outrage issues, for a slow news day.  There was no cry from feminist groups (who probably all recognize it from Ann Richards, a well known feminist), no calls to arm from any women groups.  So who is offended?  No one.  It's a bunch of right wing bloggers trying to make a story where one didn't exist. 

I think John McCain calling his wife the c-word in front of reporters is a far, far worse misogynistic comment.  I doubt however we're going to see that widely reported by the same individuals.

Written By: Jessica on 07/08/08 at 7:20 pm

I think John McCain calling his wife the c-word in front of reporters is a far, far worse misogynistic comment.  I doubt however we're going to see that widely reported by the same individuals.

He did? :o

Damn, what an asshat.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/08 at 8:57 pm

here's the exact quote:

This is from the transcript of the appearance: "ecause of the campaign that Hillary Clinton waged, my daughters and all of your daughters will forever know that there is no barrier to who they are and what they can be in the United States of America. They can take for granted that women can do anything that the boys can do (cheers begin) -- and do it better, and do it in heels. I still (Obama laughs) --  I still don't know how she does it in heels."

This is one of those manufactured outrage issues, for a slow news day.  There was no cry from feminist groups (who probably all recognize it from Ann Richards, a well known feminist), no calls to arm from any women groups.  So who is offended?  No one.  It's a bunch of right wing bloggers trying to make a story where one didn't exist. 

It's more of a male chauvinist thing; Obama wants you to know he's no cross-dresser!
:D

A caller on Washington Journal mentioned the c-word incident this morning--but she used the c-word over the air, so Peter Slen had to say adios! I dunno, maybe Klaus Von Bulow has some advice for McCain.  You marry the rich biach for her money, and then the rich biach won't stay sober or shaddap....
:-X

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/09/08 at 7:43 am

If you want higher taxes, go for Obama..what's his PLAN again? Raise taxes Soc.Sec., etc..
If you're hearing anything good,it's the team he surrounded himself with...don't fall for it.

really?  because he said something about women we're getting higher taxes?  switch topics much?

you keep saying it's pandering.  Pandering would be showing up to a veterans group, claiming you receive top ratings from vets group on your voting record, when in fact you receive failing grades from those groups.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/8/142125/0361/907/548283

No wait, that's just an outright lie.  I get those confused sometimes.

Written By: philbo on 07/09/08 at 8:23 am

here's the exact quote:

So, Saver - do you really think there's something wrong with that?  Is that (rather than taking an out-of-context misquote) such a dreadful gaffe?

Written By: danootaandme on 07/09/08 at 7:35 pm

It's all Bill Clintons fault... It would have been worse if Gore had been elected....Rove induced yaddayaddayadda

Written By: saver on 07/09/08 at 9:40 pm

So, Saver - do you really think there's something wrong with that?  Is that (rather than taking an out-of-context misquote) such a dreadful gaffe?

Obammanites are having a very down day....how about his 'NEW ONE'...at the Georgia Town Hall...'YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD SHOULD SPEAK SPANISH'(or another language!)
How dare he!  Anytime anyone Obama, Oprah or whoever, says what you should do with your kids, it's time to go crazy on their butts!

Talk about elite...and this doesn't need a full quote...he said it regarding the language in this country..which I believe was officially...  ENGLISH!
There was more about being able to go overseas and speak the language of the country they visit,well, I love the USA so much, my roots are firmly planted on this ground-no need to go there.

After the latest killing of the 4th Amendment...with Baracks help...it brings to mind this political saying whenever you hear him speak:

No one can give you as much as I can promise you.

Written By: saver on 07/09/08 at 9:48 pm

really?  because he said something about women we're getting higher taxes?  switch topics much?

you keep saying it's pandering.  Pandering would be showing up to a veterans group, claiming you receive top ratings from vets group on your voting record, when in fact you receive failing grades from those groups.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/8/142125/0361/907/548283

No wait, that's just an outright lie.  I get those confused sometimes.

Not to mention gas taxes...this thread is open to Obama speak and then you can tie it witha nice bow if he gets elected to say...I heard him say THIS AND THAT but guess I wasn't listening...whether it was about women or raising taxes...or what he didn't say either. But it is unravelling and others are taking notice now.

If someone else is giving false impressions, start the thread for that..this is to start the Obama flaws, women issues or flip flopping...that's where the fot is also placed in his mouth..is he considering war with Iran? Not going? Bringing the boys back soon? A 'real' American with his wife now?

Hmm.... why did he start wearing that flagpin again when many times at the start, he was without?

Written By: Tia on 07/10/08 at 12:14 pm

Obammanites are having a very down day....how about his 'NEW ONE'...at the Georgia Town Hall...'YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD SHOULD SPEAK SPANISH'(or another language!)
How dare he!  Anytime anyone Obama, Oprah or whoever, says what you should do with your kids, it's time to go crazy on their butts!
i personally am unconcerned about obama calling on more americans to learn other languages. in most circles outside the furthest of the far right, being bilingual is considered an asset.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/08 at 1:00 pm

Talk about elite...and this doesn't need a full quote...he said it regarding the language in this country..which I believe was officially...  ENGLISH!
There was more about being able to go overseas and speak the language of the country they visit,well, I love the USA so much, my roots are firmly planted on this ground-no need to go there.

try getting a job dealing with customers and speaking one language in the south west.  You can't, or if you do, you won't earn as much as someone who speaks both languages.  Most people in Europe speak more than one language.  We're in a global marketplace now.  Most companies do business with overseas clients, and with the Internet dropping barriers quicker than ever speaking a second language is a huge asset. 

I really fail to see a negative to speaking more than one language.  Please name something that would hurt you in the business world if you spoke multiple languages.

Written By: saver on 07/10/08 at 4:10 pm

try getting a job dealing with customers and speaking one language in the south west.  You can't, or if you do, you won't earn as much as someone who speaks both languages.  Most people in Europe speak more than one language.  We're in a global marketplace now.  Most companies do business with overseas clients, and with the Internet dropping barriers quicker than ever speaking a second language is a huge asset. 

I really fail to see a negative to speaking more than one language.  Please name something that would hurt you in the business world if you spoke multiple languages.

The question is WHY go out of the way to learn another language when ENGLISH is  the official language 'expected'.

It would hurt in one way to start: The extra costs to print up contracts in more than 1 language..already in CA-(most likely the DMV), they have to cover Vietnamese,Chinese,Japanese, etc..
If you have one language(English)..you wouldn't have to send all your workers for bilingual training..how much of that business is actually from Spanish customers? If they want your services, they speak to you on your terms, YOU are offering them a service. Thay are paying for the product. If they don't 'get' English, take it to their company that does.

No one should HAVE to learn another language, and to require children to speak Spanish,-which is what Obama has said.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/08 at 4:48 pm

The question is WHY go out of the way to learn another language when ENGLISH is  the official language 'expected'.

It would hurt in one way to start: The extra costs to print up contracts in more than 1 language..already in CA-(most likely the DMV), they have to cover Vietnamese,Chinese,Japanese, etc..
If you have one language(English)..you wouldn't have to send all your workers for bilingual training..how much of that business is actually from Spanish customers? If they want your services, they speak to you on your terms, YOU are offering them a service. Thay are paying for the product. If they don't 'get' English, take it to their company that does.

No one should HAVE to learn another language, and to require children to speak Spanish,-which is what Obama has said.

For one thing English is NOT the official language of the US-there is no official language. I understand that many would like it to be. This world is getting smaller and smaller. We see it right here as we have people from all over the world posting on our message board-and for some of them English is NOT their native language. Most people in other countries can speak more than 1 language. In Switzerland, I believe they are taught 5 different languages. Americans are so arrogant to think that everyone in the world should speak English. Whenever Americans go overseas, they rarely try to speak the language. I am just as guilty of this. When I went to Greece and Germany, I didn't even bother to learn the language. However, when you have someone come to this country, everyone expects them to speak English.

I think that requiring people to learn more than 1 language is great. However, I think they should start teaching kids in the early grades-not in high school like they do now. If kids are taught a different language as they are learning English, they pick it up better rather than starting on day one when they became a teenager. That never made any sense to me-even when I was studying French in high school and college.  As more and more jobs go overseas, I think people are going to have to start learning another language, but I don't think it will be Spanish. It will probably be something like Hindi or Chinese. 

Cat 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/10/08 at 5:34 pm

Foreign languages should absolutely be required.  What is with those groups who think that expanding knowledge is such a travesty.  Private schools teach the wealthy foreign languages, they always have, as requirements because they understand the necessity of it.  They would prefer that the working classes fell for the English only line, after all, that is a way of keeping the servants(i.e. workers) from talking to each other.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/10/08 at 6:37 pm

If America didn't want a big Spanish-speaking population, we shouldn't have taken over half of Mexico!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/08 at 1:28 pm

If America didn't want a big Spanish-speaking population, we shouldn't have taken over half of Mexico!
::)

Perhaps if they had only known the effects a few century later they would have never invaded Mexico.  I've never heard the Mexican-American war used in reference of immigration before. 

BTW, In that case Texas should have remained a country.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/08 at 1:31 pm

Perhaps if they had only known the effects a few century later they would have never invaded Mexico.  I've never heard the Mexican-American war used in reference of immigration before. 

BTW, In that case Texas should have remained a country.

Personally, I think we should give Texas back to Mexico-then again, I wouldn't want to upset Mexico THAT much.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/11/08 at 4:29 pm

Personally, I think we should give Texas back to Mexico-then again, I wouldn't want to upset Mexico THAT much.

Cat

...and we can throw in the whole gulf coast, whether they want it or not.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/08 at 4:33 pm

Cat

Make sure GW Bush has moved and the good old boys and girls have been disarmed first.

Written By: philbo on 07/14/08 at 11:46 am

I notice you failed to answer the question - whether you still think that Obama's quote (the one that caused you to start a thread) is such a dreadful gaffe.  So, do you?

Written By: saver on 07/16/08 at 4:42 pm

I notice you failed to answer the question - whether you still think that Obama's quote (the one that caused you to start a thread) is such a dreadful gaffe.  So, do you?

Considering the reason he made the comment whether it was 'dreadful' was not why I put a spotlight on it. It was clearly him trying to play to the women. I know women are smart to realize he didn't have to say that.
It might have worked in the 70's.

I just find the remark one of those comments one would use if they are in a blue collar town and the poltician tells them he loves their (town)product when he'll do the same in every town he can get a vote in.

As I pointed out- women CAN'T-at this time- do whatever men can, and whatever got him to go on that tear was not the best thing to talk about...men can't breast feed..so,????

Bring the 2 together, don't pander.     

Written By: danootaandme on 07/17/08 at 3:33 am

As I pointed out- women CAN'T-at this time- do whatever men can, and whatever got him to go on that tear was not the best thing to talk about...men can't breast feed..so,????

::)  Now now Saver, you know that what Obama was saying is that women are quite capable of doing what men do in the areas of business, politics, the arts etc, etc.  He then went on to add the famous quip about high heels..  The fact that they are often times excluded from those positions doesn't have anything to do with their ability to do the job.  The chicken little rantings that were the hallmark of this administration do not work anymore, try to curb the tendency.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/17/08 at 4:11 am

Sorry to be a disappointing representative to my proud gender, but I will admit that I can't do anything in heels (and very rarely can I do anything backwards - except for reading the newspaper (it's one of my quirks).  My ankles won't support my feet being even a few inches off the ground.  ;D

Written By: philbo on 07/17/08 at 7:29 am

Considering the reason he made the comment whether it was 'dreadful' was not why I put a spotlight on it. It was clearly him trying to play to the women. I know women are smart to realize he didn't have to say that.
It might have worked in the 70's.

I just find the remark one of those comments one would use if they are in a blue collar town and the poltician tells them he loves their (town)product when he'll do the same in every town he can get a vote in.

Bring the 2 together, don't pander.     

If you're going to have this kind of problem every time Obama uses this kind of self-deprecatory humour, maybe you'd better stop watching the news for the next few months.  In order to come across as "pandering", you have to quote out of context and make it seem something it wasn't.

I know politicians using this kind of humour may come as a bit of a shock to the system after the last few years, but I've always taken a good sense of humour as a sign of intelligence - it's a very refreshing change, and it would be a real shame for it to be drilled out of a candidate simply because there are people out there who will take it out of context to try and score a political point.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 12:14 pm

Sorry to be a disappointing representative to my proud gender, but I will admit that I can't do anything in heels (and very rarely can I do anything backwards - except for reading the newspaper (it's one of my quirks).  My ankles won't support my feet being even a few inches off the ground.  ;D

So, Betty Grable can kiss your well worn sneakers!!! :)

Come to think of it.  Why do we read backwards?  I read books from back to front sometimes.

Written By: Tia on 07/17/08 at 12:46 pm

Why do we read backwards?  I read books from back to front sometimes.
i believe i just learned something new about da laydeez. 8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/17/08 at 2:36 pm

So, Betty Grable can kiss your well worn sneakers!!! :)

Don't get me wrong, I have worn heels before (but probably the last time was about 10 years ago maybe at my class reunion?)
I am in awe of those women (and hey, I'm not gonna stereotype any footwear lovers) or men that can and do walk, run, dance, hop, spin in both 3 inch heels or *gasp* even higher heels.  I wish I could, I'm sure at least my lower legs would look appealing and I'd be more graceful then I currently am.  lol
I now live my life in flats or barefeet (sometimes even in the kitchen!)  ;D

Come to think of it.  Why do we read backwards?  I read books from back to front sometimes.

For me, I think it's partly rebelling against the guy that decides what are the most important stories for me to read, and in what order I'm gonna read them.  He/she doesn't even know me, so I thwart his effort.  (I'll bet he's crushed).  ;)
And it's partly because I'm a fan of the category of the underdog (meaning, those unimportant stories that make page 11 in the tiny column that often get skipped because they are about little Judy's amazing accomplishment at elementary school.  I wanna read that! First!

or maybe it's just because I'm weird.  (Which is probably the true reason I read the newspaper backwards.)

But back to the topic of the thread, I guess in a twisted way I understand what saver is trying to say (even if it's taken out of context and in this instance isn't even what he was doing (in my opinion))
Face it, all politicians pander, flip-flop, taunt, set traps for their opponants, and (to me anyways) often say one thing but do another things after they are elected.  So I take everything they say with a grain of salt, and they often look like two of the same person cut from different (and yet similiar) cloth.  When there is a politician that come from tiny, rural, Eastern Ohio, who worked in a library, and loves Chinese Food and cheese...well then they represent who I am/was, and I'd be more inclined to listen to what they say.  :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/08 at 4:53 pm

i believe i just learned something new about da laydeez. 8)

Glad we could assist in your ever evolving education. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...