» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: San Francisco gathering support for dedicating public works project after Bush

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/02/08 at 7:40 am

http://sfist.com/2008/03/31/presidential_me_1.php

oddly appropriate

Subject: Re: San Francisco gathering support for dedicating public works project after Bush

Written By: Tia on 04/02/08 at 9:15 am

haha! i love it!

once i flew to houston from here and went from the "ronald reagan washington national airport" (it was just called "national airport" before and we liked it fine, thank you very much) to the "george h.w. airport" in houston.  ::) there's some right-wing organization -- the "legacy association" or something -- that has made it their personal mission to name everything up to and including your boxer drawer after some conservative zealot or another. it'd be fun to get some pressure going the other way.

Subject: Re: San Francisco gathering support for dedicating public works project after Bush

Written By: Red Ant on 04/02/08 at 9:56 am

I loved this comment:

"How are we going to be able to distinguish the 'George W Bush Enormous Stinking Cesspool of sheesh' from all the other enormous sinking cesspools of sheesh he has left behind?"

Easy: it'll have a big sign on it!

Looks like a gag story perhaps, but if it's real and the name passes... there will be a lot more jokes around that wastewater plant than the standard "The s** stops here", "Your s*** IS our business!" and "What's that smell? Smells like money!"

Ant

Written By: Tia on 04/02/08 at 10:09 am

yeah it is around april 1 after all. but i'd love to see it become reality.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/08 at 10:11 am

;D

I'm sure it's a gag. Too bad. :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/02/08 at 2:54 pm

Sewage treatment is a good thing, Dubya is not.
::)

Written By: Tia on 04/02/08 at 3:08 pm

Sewage treatment is a good thing, Dubya is not.
::)
good point. maybe we should call the pipe leading into it the "George W. Bush pipe of sewage."

Written By: Macphisto on 04/02/08 at 6:17 pm

LMAO...  awesome

Check for new replies or respond here...