» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The deficit has hit a new high!

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 1:00 pm

It's now -$400 some dollars and now I'm regretting voting for Bush...twice! 8-P

And don't say "I told you so"! >:(

Subject: Re: The deficit has hit a new low!

Written By: Tia on 02/04/08 at 1:09 pm

he's proposed a 3 trillion dollar budget that pours money into defense and tax cuts and slashes health programs. this in a country that already has 50 million uninsured. worst f**king president ever, i really think he's managed to destroy the country. i mean 3 trillion dollars? isn't that a guaranteed ticket to bankruptcy?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 1:31 pm

One thing I will say about Bush, he just may be the best thing that has happened to this country.  :o :o :o  I know, I know. All of you think that I probably totally lost it after all these years of my bitching about him and his cronies. But, hear me out. If Gore got into the White House in 2000 or Kerry in 2004, everything would basically have been the status quo. Now, people want the complete opposite. There is talk about universal health care-do you think that would have happened if Gore or Kerry got in? There is talk about reducing the military. etc. etc. The only thing is, we have to survive the next year and I think about 5 years from that point, this country will probably be better than BEFORE Dubya f**ked up everything he got his grubby little hands on.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 5:23 pm

^ Same with the drunks and the junkies, some of them have to hit bottom before they get help.  Uncle Sam is ready for that first step: Admit that you have a problem.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 5:54 pm

One thing I will say about Bush, he just may be the best thing that has happened to this country.  :o :o :o  I know, I know. All of you think that I probably totally lost it after all these years of my bitching about him and his cronies. But, hear me out. If Gore got into the White House in 2000 or Kerry in 2004, everything would basically have been the status quo. Now, people want the complete opposite. There is talk about universal health care-do you think that would have happened if Gore or Kerry got in? There is talk about reducing the military. etc. etc. The only thing is, we have to survive the next year and I think about 5 years from that point, this country will probably be better than BEFORE Dubya f**ked up everything he got his grubby little hands on.

Cat

Who are you and what have you done to Cat? :o

Bush is probably the butt of all Presidents.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/04/08 at 8:26 pm

Cat

I know what you're saying, but I totally disagree.  Even Obama can't fix all the damage that's been done.  Besides, you're assuming that a Democrat enters the White House this November.  The Democrats blew it in 2004, so it seems likely they'll do it again this year -- especially if Hillary gets the nomination.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 1:29 pm

I know what you're saying, but I totally disagree.  Even Obama can't fix all the damage that's been done.  Besides, you're assuming that a Democrat enters the White House this November.  The Democrats blew it in 2004, so it seems likely they'll do it again this year -- especially if Hillary gets the nomination.

I understand what you are saying-no man (or woman) can fix all the damage this idiot has done overnight. What I meant is that in five years time of him getting out of office, I think this country will be on its way to being a better nation.  But, yeah, I am assuming that a Dem will get in there.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/08 at 8:47 pm

I understand what you are saying-no man (or woman) can fix all the damage this idiot has done overnight. What I meant is that in five years time of him getting out of office, I think this country will be on its way to being a better nation.  But, yeah, I am assuming that a Dem will get in there.

Cat

The good news is that even Hillary could do a better job than Bush, so I think we agree on the U.S. going in a better direction in 2009.

Well, unless Romney actually wins...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 8:50 pm

The good news is that even Hillary could do a better job than Bush, so I think we agree on the U.S. going in a better direction in 2009.

Indeed!

Speak not /i] of the devil!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 12:03 pm

My cat could do a better job than Dubya.

Yeah, Romney scares me-actually ALL the Republicans scare me.

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 02/06/08 at 6:41 pm

I was so bitter after '04 that even saying I told you so seems unsatisfying. But I don't feel guilty about saying this:

I don't know how anyone could have been duped into voting for that village idiot son of a whore. I honestly hope that everyone who did realises what a catastrophic error that was. Sure, those people will now make excuses and say 'well we just didn't know...' or something. But the truth is that the information was out there, they were just too daft to catch on to it. There's nothing I know about Bush now that I didn't know 3 years ago. And that goes for many others on this board too.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

There's nothing Obama is saying right now about America's social crisis that Kerry wasn't saying in '04. So when I hear him speak, I feel a lot less moved by his rhetoric. It's just 'Help is on the way!' modified from its original format to fit the TV screens of all the morons who didn't hear that message 3 years ago.

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 6:49 pm

the only reason anyone voted for bush in 04 is because of sept 11 and the kneejerk unexamined but deeply held proposition that republicans are "stronger on defense."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 6:51 pm

the only reason anyone voted for bush in 04 is because of sept 11 and the kneejerk unexamined but deeply held proposition that republicans are "stronger on defense."

You know, you don't change horses in the middle of the apocalypse.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 6:53 pm

You know, you don't change horses in the middle of the apocalypse.  ::)

Cat
i dunno why, we got four to choose from.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 7:01 pm

i dunno why, we got four to choose from.

Dubya, Cheney, Rumsfeld, & Rove? Well, two of them are out, now-but the damage is already done.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 7:12 pm

shouldn't this thread be called "the deficit has hit a new high"? that's been driving me crazy for days.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 7:17 pm

shouldn't this thread be called "the deficit has hit a new high"? that's been driving me crazy for days.

It should!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/06/08 at 7:40 pm

I was so bitter after '04 that even saying I told you so seems unsatisfying. But I don't feel guilty about saying this:

I don't know how anyone could have been duped into voting for that village idiot son of a whore. I honestly hope that everyone who did realises what a catastrophic error that was. Sure, those people will now make excuses and say 'well we just didn't know...' or something. But the truth is that the information was out there, they were just too daft to catch on to it. There's nothing I know about Bush now that I didn't know 3 years ago. And that goes for many others on this board too.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

There's nothing Obama is saying right now about America's social crisis that Kerry wasn't saying in '04. So when I hear him speak, I feel a lot less moved by his rhetoric. It's just 'Help is on the way!' modified from its original format to fit the TV screens of all the morons who didn't hear that message 3 years ago.

Bush is a fascist.  Fascism has a lot of appeal to those who believe they stand to gain from it. 

It bears repeating that the U.S. Supreme Court majority in Bush v. Gore awarded Dubya the presidency because they didn't want to see him lose to Gore.  They said so themselves!

But don't get me started...

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/06/08 at 10:41 pm

Dubya, Cheney, Rumsfeld, & Rove? Well, two of them are out, now-but the damage is already done.

Cat

Rice and Pelosi.

Sure Rice may be on the other side, but she works with an iron fist. (I think.)

Subject: Re: The deficit has hit a new high!

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/09/08 at 11:14 pm

It's now -$400 some dollars and now I'm regretting voting for Bush...twice! 8-P

And don't say "I told you so"! >:(

And after that, Bush hit an all-time low. 30%, and now the Republicans don't like him.

When will Judas (Pelosi) tell Pilate (Kucinich) to crucify him?! (If you get this drift here, we had open arms with Bush between 9/11 and Iraq.)

Check for new replies or respond here...