» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ok, I have to brag about this.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/22/08 at 11:26 am

Many Pennsylvanians have heard of Governor Ed Rendell's health care initiative called "Cover All Pennsylvanian".  I work for an organization called Healthcare4AllPA.  Guess who swiped our motto.

http://www.healthcare4allpa.org/

;D ;D ;D ;D

Subject: Re: Ok, I have to brag about this.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/22/08 at 1:47 pm

Cool!!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/22/08 at 4:23 pm

Considering that it is a grassroots organization it is pretty cool.  It means that Governor Rendell is finally listening to his constituents.  it also go to show that perhaps grassroots is the best way to produce changes in health care funding.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/23/08 at 4:27 pm

This is just wrong.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/24/08 at 12:37 am

This is just wrong.

Obviously you know nothing about politics. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 12:39 am

This is just wrong.

why is it wrong?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/24/08 at 12:43 am

why is it wrong?

That's what I'd like to know.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/24/08 at 12:46 am

That's what I'd like to know.  :-\\

I think it is a great thing, to promote healthcare for everyone. I mean, I know SO many people who haven't had it for YEARS..and are suffering with so many problems...they would LOVE to be able to see a doctor to see what is wrong with them.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/24/08 at 12:50 am

I think it is a great thing, to promote healthcare for everyone. I mean, I know SO many people who haven't had it for YEARS..and are suffering with so many problems...they would LOVE to be able to see a doctor to see what is wrong with them.

Well yeah, instead of relying solely  on the government to do things in a timely manner people should take the initiative. 

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/24/08 at 5:07 am

Promoting good health care is a great thing, but did you get credit for it?
Generally, the Government likes to pat themselves on the back, and only occasionally give the credit where it's due.

(And for the record- my Minor in college was Political Science.  ;) )

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/26/08 at 3:41 pm

Promoting good health care is a great thing, but did you get credit for it?
Generally, the Government likes to pat themselves on the back, and only occasionally give the credit where it's due.

(And for the record- my Minor in college was Political Science.  ;) )

Actually no I don't think we're going to get ANY credit for it.  So you do know what the deal is.  You know I really do wish we would get credit for our hard work.  (Yeah, I know . . . wishful thinking) ::)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/27/08 at 6:11 am

Actually no I don't think we're going to get ANY credit for it.  So you do know what the deal is.  You know I really do wish we would get credit for our hard work.  (Yeah, I know . . . wishful thinking) ::)

It's nice to be a think tank.
It's better to be an acknowledged think tank.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/27/08 at 6:33 pm

It's nice to be a think tank.
It's better to be an acknowledged think tank.

Are you suggesting we're illegitimate or just a bunch of political lackeys?http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/blink.gif

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/28/08 at 3:14 am

Are you suggesting we're illegitimate or just a bunch of political lackeys?http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/blink.gif

Not at all, Kathie.
I merely re-iterate that if you guys came up with it, you should be credited for it in some way other than just a "gee, thanks".

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/28/08 at 3:17 am

Not at all, Kathie.
I merely re-iterate that if you guys came up with it, you should be credited for it in some way other than just a "gee, thanks".

Yeah, but it's Ed Rendell we're talking about here.  The guy's got Bill Clinton beat for being a political leech.  We shouldn't expect miracles.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/28/08 at 3:24 am

Yeah, but it's Ed Rendell we're talking about here.  The guy's got Bill Clinton beat for being a political leech.  We shouldn't expect miracles.

Not familiar w/Rendell, but it kinda makes sense.

The movie "Dr. Giggles" (a B-Rate horror flick) has,as its villain, "Evan Rendell". Son of the town doctor.
Ergo- Rendell = Bad man.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/28/08 at 11:41 pm

Not familiar w/Rendell, but it kinda makes sense.

The movie "Dr. Giggles" (a B-Rate horror flick) has,as its villain, "Evan Rendell". Son of the town doctor.
Ergo- Rendell = Bad man.

OOOOHHH, I like that analogue.  Karma+1.  I'm going to have to remember that. :)

Written By: philbo on 01/29/08 at 3:42 pm

Many Pennsylvanians have heard of Governor Ed Rendell's health care initiative called "Cover All Pennsylvanian".  I work for an organization called Healthcare4AllPA.  Guess who swiped our motto.

http://www.healthcare4allpa.org/

At least you called it "PUSH" rather than "Cover Really All Pennsylvanians" ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 6:09 pm

At least you called it "PUSH" rather than "Cover Really All Pennsylvanians" ;)

;D Didn't think of that.

Check for new replies or respond here...