» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kathy Griffin's Emmy acceptance speech

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/11/07 at 1:59 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070911/ap_en_tv/tv_emmys_griffin;_ylt=AtkypF3j3vo2jS83e_CIcqJpMhkF

Finally something interesting at a boring awards ceremony, and they want to censor it.

Subject: Re: Kathy Griffin's Emmy acceptance speech

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 09/11/07 at 2:19 pm

I love Kathy... she will say anything!!!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 09/11/07 at 9:23 pm

"In her speech, Griffin said that 'a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."'

If they censor that, this country is in much worse shape than I previously thought.

Wait and see I suppose...

Ant

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/11/07 at 10:31 pm

Ugh...I never could stand her. She's probably on my top ten most annoying people list. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 09/11/07 at 10:54 pm

Ya know.. I seem to remember this little thing about being able to say whatever the hell you wanted.

Written By: philbo on 09/12/07 at 5:00 am

Ya know.. I seem to remember this little thing about being able to say whatever the hell you wanted.

Nobody's saying she couldn't say what she wanted - but there's no compulsion to report what you don't want reported.

She went on to hold up her Emmy, make an off-color remark about Christ and proclaim, "This award is my god now!"
I'd love to know what the off-colour remark was... if it caused this sort of response:

a "vulgar, in-your-face brand of hate speech."
Bill, where's your sense of humour?  The woman is supposed to be a comedian, after all.  If you really wanted to get at her, just say it wasn't funny.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/12/07 at 6:47 am

i'm an atheist, and i like kathy, but she's starting to get on my nerves (again).

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/12/07 at 7:53 am

Nobody's saying she couldn't say what she wanted - but there's no compulsion to report what you don't want reported.
I'd love to know what the off-colour remark was... if it caused this sort of response:
Bill, where's your sense of humour?  The woman is supposed to be a comedian, after all.  If you really wanted to get at her, just say it wasn't funny.

I believe she said "Jesus sucks"  Why that's too obscene for a paper to print, I have no idea.  I guess with religion, everyone in the news world just bows down and does whatever the religious "leaders" want them to.

Written By: Tia on 09/12/07 at 7:59 am

i'm loving this whole miilitant athiest movement that's going on lately. stick it to em, yall!

Written By: La Roche on 09/12/07 at 3:49 pm

I believe she said "Jesus sucks"  Why that's too obscene for a paper to print, I have no idea.  I guess with religion, everyone in the news world just bows down and does whatever the religious "leaders" want them to.

Pretty much, the mythical 'left wing media' seems to bow down to the theocratic diktats all too often.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/12/07 at 4:53 pm

I know a dude named Jesus.  He's actually pretty cool, mows the lawn really nice and everything.

Check for new replies or respond here...