» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 9/11 conspiracy: please keep an open mind

Written By: annonymouse on 05/16/07 at 8:32 pm

i'm not going to try to force a bunch of conspiracy evidence into your heads, but please, head on over to youtube, or video google. watch some videos. check it out. you may find that the ideas aren't all that reddiculous.  :-\\

Subject: Re: 9/11 conspiracy: please keep an open mind

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/07 at 8:38 pm

I've seen loads of the clips on YouTube.  There is no real evidence that could persuade me to believe any of these conspiracies.  If the WTC towers had been a controlled demolition, wouldn't there have been pieces of the dynamite left among the rubble? ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/16/07 at 11:20 pm

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
- Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow ("Proverbs for Paranoids #3")

If there was a 9/11 conspiracy, the easily-debunked 9/11 conspiracy theories are exactly the kind of stuff I'd expect to see the conspirators disseminating.  If there wasn't a 9/11 conspiracy, the easily-debunked 9/11 conspiracy theories are exactly the kind of stuff I'd expect to see imaginative wiseacres inventing. Catch-22.  It's the best catch there is.

Written By: philbo on 05/17/07 at 5:48 am

If the WTC towers had been a controlled demolition, wouldn't there have been pieces of the dynamite left among the rubble? ???

er, no, it'd have gone "bang" and you'd not find any left...

If there was a 9/11 conspiracy, the easily-debunked 9/11 conspiracy theories are exactly the kind of stuff I'd expect to see the conspirators disseminating.  If there wasn't a 9/11 conspiracy, the easily-debunked 9/11 conspiracy theories are exactly the kind of stuff I'd expect to see imaginative wiseacres inventing. Catch-22.  It's the best catch there is.

It's not exactly catch-22 (my security clearance being a bit closer to that), but it does explain why the conspiracy theories are so easy to believe in if you're one type of person and almost completely ridiculous if you're another.

PS What I meant by the security clearance comment - I've been security cleared for a load of different jobs in the past, but none are relevant now... some of the jobs I've gone for recently require clearance - but you can't be cleared without a sponsor (usually your employer), i.e. you need someone to give you a job in order to get the clearance you require in order to get a job.  Now, *that* is a catch-22 :(

Written By: Tia on 05/17/07 at 6:26 am

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
- Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow ("Proverbs for Paranoids #3")

brilliantly said. i fully believe the govt might have had a hand in 9/11, and also think that most of the theories about cruise missiles and controlled demolition are bunk. it would be something much more subtle and involved than that.

but basically it seems to boil down to, would they be capable of doing somethng so reprehensible? well, they've started a war based on a patent lie that's gotten at LEAST 50,000 innocent people killed so...

Written By: philbo on 05/17/07 at 6:36 am

but basically it seems to boil down to, would they be capable of doing somethng so reprehensible? well, they've started a war based on a patent lie that's gotten at LEAST 50,000 innocent people killed so...

Yeah, but they it wasn't 50,000 Americans killed, so it don't matter, do it?

Written By: tokjct on 05/17/07 at 12:21 pm

Let us never forget the the distinguished mayor of NYC at the time of the 9/11 attack, saw to it that most of the evidence was disposed of as quickly as possible. 

Let us not forget that the firefighters who risked their lives and many who lost their lives, have testified to the veracity of the existence of the controlled explosions...which, lest we forget, aided the destruction of not only the two WTC towers that were struck by aircraft, but WTC tower SEVEN which was not struck by any aircraft!

I have recommended before, in these discussions, consulting the massive evidentiary work done by Dave McGowan, (Center for an Informed America).

I also recommended the video "Loose Change" which was on google.

I'll give you the URLs for these sources in a subsequent post, here.

peace...Lee (aka tokjct) 

Written By: tokjct on 05/17/07 at 12:26 pm

Let us never forget the the distinguished mayor of NYC at the time of the 9/11 attack, saw to it that most of the evidence was disposed of as quickly as possible. 

Let us not forget that the firefighters who risked their lives and many who lost their lives, have testified to the veracity of the existence of the controlled explosions...which, lest we forget, aided the destruction of not only the two WTC towers that were struck by aircraft, but WTC tower SEVEN which was not struck by any aircraft!

I have recommended before, in these discussions, consulting the massive evidentiary work done by Dave McGowan, (Center for an Informed America).

www.davesweb.cnhost.com

I also recommended the video "Loose Change".  Simply enter "Loose Change" in your google search.

peace...Lee (aka tokjct) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/07 at 12:38 pm

I have said my belief before, I will say it again. I don't think that the government had anything to do with 9/11 however, I think they KNEW it was going to happen and did nothing to prevent it. It was the Administration's excuse to go to war. I have said that on 9/11 as I was watching it all unfold on t.v. The funny thing is, I wrote a letter to the editor just prior to that day about Dubya wanting a war-it was never published. (If 9/11 didn't happen, it probably would have been printed on 9/12 or 9/13). My reaction was, "Dubya has his war now".  It is a VERY STRONG feeling I have had since that day and I have yet to see any evidence that have change my views on this. In fact, I have seen evidence that supports my feelings.

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/17/07 at 2:28 pm

I have said my belief before, I will say it again. I don't think that the government had anything to do with 9/11 however, I think they KNEW it was going to happen and did nothing to prevent it. It was the Administration's excuse to go to war. I have said that on 9/11 as I was watching it all unfold on t.v. The funny thing is, I wrote a letter to the editor just prior to that day about Dubya wanting a war-it was never published. (If 9/11 didn't happen, it probably would have been printed on 9/12 or 9/13). My reaction was, "Dubya has his war now".  It is a VERY STRONG feeling I have had since that day and I have yet to see any evidence that have change my views on this. In fact, I have seen evidence that supports my feelings.

Cat

I believe that too,not exactly behind it but they just had to know! I re-watched Loose Change recently and i can't get over the fact that there are so many who have profited from 9/11,so much was at stake...it's like they closed their eyes and let it happen,it's just so scary to even think about it :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/17/07 at 4:31 pm

We have been through this over and over again.

I would like to ask those of you have so cogently deunked all consirpacy theories...

Who did do it?  Just who exactly?
???

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/17/07 at 6:36 pm

Same type of thinking like Pearl Harbor.  The government knew about it, but let it happen.  I dont think its really to hard to see our government pulling something like this off.  I mean, the Battleship Maine, Gulf of Tonkin.  America is the good guy, so we come up with great ways to give us the excuse to get into a war.  I guess we will never know.

Hopefully I will be alive when they can unclassify the documents proving that Kennedy's death was the only government coup in our history.    :-X

Written By: Tia on 05/17/07 at 6:50 pm

actually, there was just a story in the post today that some forensics guys say they've concluded that the people who determined that there were only two bullets fired into the kennedy car used faulty reasoning.

Written By: La Roche on 05/17/07 at 7:14 pm

actually, there was just a story in the post today that some forensics guys say they've concluded that the people who determined that there were only two bullets fired into the kennedy car used faulty reasoning.

MMmHmmm. I read that earlier too, it got me going on my Kennedy kick again and I read over all the information once again. I still think it was mainly Mafia related, cus the Mafia kick ass and can do whatever they want when they want.

Written By: Tia on 05/17/07 at 7:31 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E4Dh01xth0M

ah, one of the ten best monologues in movie history. ranks right up there with the speech in citizen kane about the girl with the umbrella.

anywya, that was the thing, how many official ties did the mafia have? could they have sabotaged kennedy's secret service protection? and it was pretty much known they had connections with us intelligence, because of the whole cuba thing. it's very interesting. i read about it for a while and finally threw up my hands, said no one's ever gonna get to the bottom of this.

"libra," don delillo novel about kennedy, it's totally wonderful. but that's basically what it's about, all this impenetrable unknowability about kennedy. and 911's gonna end up in the same place, who can figure out why jets were scrambled from an air base more than a hundred miles away, why so many of the terrorists stayed in suburbs in northern virginia (right near where i live!) where US intelligence likes to establish safe houses. did you know there was a story on MSNBC about how several of the hijackers trained at army bases? it's down now but thankfully it got mirrored.

http://propagandamatrix.com/alleged_hijackers_may_trained_us_bases.html

there was also this dude who said that the terrorists had what the cia calls "snitch" visas, and that's how they were able to get into the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/newsnight/1645527.stm

there's so much weird st surrounding the whole 911 incident it's not even funny. and i don't think it has anything to do with cruise missiles hitting the pentagon or controlled demolition, it's something much more subtle and sinister and complex.

Written By: tokjct on 05/17/07 at 11:45 pm

We have been through this over and over again.

I would like to ask those of you have so cogently debunked all conspiracy theories...

Who did do it?  Just who exactly?
???

To repeat my comments for the umpteenth time...which I posted on the WebTv main politics discussion board...as I sat in my kitchen that morning of 9/11/2001 and watched the smoke rising from the WTC towers...
"This is a major crime.  In every crime, to find the perpetrator one starts by looking for those who have the greatest MOTIVE for committing such a crime.  I believe that the Bush Administration has the most convincing MOTIVE for seeing this crime committed. They desperately needed another PEARL HARBOR."  Now...over five years from that event...I haven't changed my mind one bit.
peace...Lee (aka tokjct)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lookaround.gif ]

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/18/07 at 5:48 am

To repeat my comments for the umpteenth time...which I posted on the WebTv main politics discussion board...as I sat in my kitchen that morning of 9/11/2001 and watched the smoke rising from the WTC towers...
"This is a major crime.  In every crime, to find the perpetrator one starts by looking for those who have the greatest MOTIVE for committing such a crime.  I believe that the Bush Administration has the most convincing MOTIVE for seeing this crime committed. They desperately needed another PEARL HARBOR."   Now...over five years from that event...I haven't changed my mind one bit.
peace...Lee (aka tokjct)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/lookaround.gif ]

Which is why I said it was no different than the Gulf of Tonkin and Battleship Maine.  Why would this chickenhawk administration think any differently.

TJ Hughley said it best on the Bill Mauer show about the Bush Scandels:  If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a mother f@cking duck.  He He.

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 6:31 am

Which is why I said it was no different than the Gulf of Tonkin and Battleship Maine.  Why would this chickenhawk administration think any differently.
well, it's different in that in itself 911 was vastly more horrific than tonkin or the battleship maine. although bad as the war in iraq is, it's still nowhere near as awful as vietnam was.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/18/07 at 6:44 am

well, it's different in that in itself 911 was vastly more horrific than tonkin or the battleship maine. although bad as the war in iraq is, it's still nowhere near as awful as vietnam was.

Ya, I know 9/11 was more horrific, I was just meaning the fact of America using excuses to get into wars, regardless of the cost.  The only thing I must say, at least Pearl Harbor gave us the chance to fight in a war that was necessary. 

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 7:29 am

Ya, I know 9/11 was more horrific, I was just meaning the fact of America using excuses to get into wars, regardless of the cost.  The only thing I must say, at least Pearl Harbor gave us the chance to fight in a war that was necessary. 
the war in iraq is probably necessary. that's what scares me the most, i get the funny feeling oil's running out, that's what this whole she-bang is about, and the powers-that-be know it, and it's going to SUCK. and the reason why 911 was so unbelievably horrible is that they knew how bad the peak oil crisis is going to be, and they really had to traumatize the crap out of us to get us prepared for how awful the upcoming resource wars are going to be.

but i'm probably giving the current administration too much credit. that would be some serious dr. evil stuff, and they really just don't seem that competent. ::)

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/18/07 at 7:34 am

the war in iraq is probably necessary. that's what scares me the most, i get the funny feeling oil's running out, that's what this whole she-bang is about, and the powers-that-be know it, and it's going to SUCK. and the reason why 911 was so unbelievably horrible is that they knew how bad the peak oil crisis is going to be, and they really had to traumatize the crap out of us to get us prepared for how awful the upcoming resource wars are going to be.

but i'm probably giving the current administration too much credit. that would be some serious dr. evil stuff, and they really just don't seem that competent. ::)

LoL,  Thats for damn sure.

I would have an easier time trying to communicate with a whale than understanding Bush and his merry men and women.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/07 at 11:50 am

Which is why I don't think the Administration didn't pull off 9/11-they are too incompetent to make something like that work. They just let others do their dirty work for them.

Cat

Written By: conker on 05/18/07 at 12:09 pm

If it was a conspiracy how come no one on the inside has come forward yet...It would have taken hundreds if not thousands to set something like this up,
have the knowledge of where to plant explosives, plant explosives at exactly the right spots, rig the charges, (all of this with no one seeing this happening) set them off, have the planes hit the targets as required on and on...in an enterprise that large someone some where would feel remorse, get p/o ed over lack of credit, slip up when drunk...any number of things but you don't hear of that...
Honestly maybe there was knowledge something was going to happen and someone didn't act whether they lacked full intel or were ignored but sometimes SH*T happens.

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 12:15 pm

why would it take hundreds or thousands? the official story only calls for 19 people and a ringleader. with well-placed insiders in the government you could do it with far less.

besides, people HAVE come forward. no one listens to them. there are plenty of people out there who claim to know something about 9/11 or have participated in something they later found suspicious. some of them are crazy. some others may not be/

Written By: conker on 05/18/07 at 12:28 pm

I'm only passing on the wisdom of a columnist who's no friend of the Bushies or the US in general.
Gwynn Dyer is a historian and lecturer who's published in many papers and dosn't seem to have an axe to grind except against poorly thought out arguments.
Take a read of this and you'll see what I was alluding to.

www.gwynnedyer.net/articles/Gwynne%20Dyer%20article_%20%20Loose%20Screws.txt

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 12:37 pm

yeah, i’m not really big on the loose change theory except as a sorta cultural curio. i remember reading a theory called “Wag the wtc” a few days after 9/11, drawing up this whole theory based on how the second plan hit the tower at an angle, but then that was the tower that fell first. it winds up in the same place, all about controlled demolition and vast, sinister government conspiracy. that the government seems to be engaged in a vast sinister conspiracy to part us with our livelihoods and civil liberties seems thoroughly beyond doubt :P but i never bought the controlled demolition/cruise missiles hitting the pentagon stuff. you could do this with a much smaller footprint, basically by using the terrorists as rubes in your larger plan.

Written By: Max Power on 05/18/07 at 2:47 pm

*sigh* This is getting ridiculous.

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 2:58 pm

hmm, looks like SOMEone may have been in on it.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/18/07 at 3:20 pm

Who knows?  Maybe.  LoL.

I think its better to elaborate on what you think.  At least then I will understand why you agree/disagree with the posts.

Written By: Tia on 05/18/07 at 3:35 pm

where accusations of insider aspects of 9/11 go, some folks think it’s sufficient to just say, “no, that’s crazy, you’re wrong.” which, ironically, is probably why these theories have so much staying power, so many people feel they don’t, won’t or can’t respond to them on their merits but some of these theories really aren’t nearly as irrational as they get characterized as being. so naturally they’re going to stick around.

i’m surprised people still talk about cruise missiles and controlled demolitions, though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/07 at 8:15 pm

If it was a conspiracy how come no one on the inside has come forward yet...It would have taken hundreds if not thousands to set something like this up,
have the knowledge of where to plant explosives, plant explosives at exactly the right spots, rig the charges, (all of this with no one seeing this happening) set them off, have the planes hit the targets as required on and on...in an enterprise that large someone some where would feel remorse, get p/o ed over lack of credit, slip up when drunk...any number of things but you don't hear of that...
Honestly maybe there was knowledge something was going to happen and someone didn't act whether they lacked full intel or were ignored but sometimes SH*T happens.

I didn't ask who wasn't behind it.
I asked who was behind it.

BTW, of course 9/11 was a consipiracy.  Look up the word "conspiracy."

So it was evil Muslim extremists from start to finish, eh? 
No Christians, Jews, or government officials had anything to do with it?

Written By: Max Power on 05/18/07 at 9:36 pm

I have my own theory but I'll keep this one to myself for now.

Written By: spaceace on 05/18/07 at 9:42 pm

John Kerry has stated that one of the buildings that went was controlled demolition  Is he screaming conspiracy, probably not.  Maybe there's more to 9-11 than anyone thinks.

Written By: Max Power on 05/18/07 at 9:53 pm

John Kerry has stated that one of the buildings that went was controlled demolition  Is he screaming conspiracy, probably not.  Maybe there's more to 9-11 than anyone thinks.

Screaming "conspiracy" is something Moore would do on his sequel for " Farenheit 9/11 ".

Written By: spaceace on 05/18/07 at 11:32 pm

Screaming "conspiracy" is something Moore would do on his sequel for " Farenheit 9/11 ".

Kerry doesn't usually need to scream anything . . . all he has to do is mention something.  You're right though Moore is the screamer.

Written By: philbo on 05/19/07 at 1:53 am

"Screaming Conspiracy" has a nice ring as a title, don't you think?

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/19/07 at 5:31 am

Seems to me that Moore makes the documentary and people who disagree do the screaming.  Why go out of your way to try and shut someone up?  Aah, because people can be easily influenced, cant let them be influenced by anything other than the right wing agenda.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 9:38 am

Seems to me that Moore makes the documentary and people who disagree do the screaming. 

most of the stuff michael moore brought up in F9/11 i'd already heard about from other sources, like the bush saudi connection and the complaints of the FBI that they weren't allowed to investigate some suspects who would up flying the planes because they were saudis and the saudis were supposedly allies. moore didn't make up that stuff, and even if his movie has some problems it has no effect on the validity of allegations made before he ever started making his movie.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/19/07 at 9:45 am

most of the stuff michael moore brought up in F9/11 i'd already heard about from other sources, like the bush saudi connection and the complaints of the FBI that they weren't allowed to investigate some suspects who would up flying the planes because they were saudis and the saudis were supposedly allies. moore didn't make up that stuff, and even if his movie has some problems it has no effect on the validity of allegations made before he ever started making his movie.

I actually didn't watch it, just heard about some stuff in it.  And I can imagine that some of the stuff is stretched a bit, but like you said, it doesn't take away from the validity of much that was said.  Sometimes I think in a documentary, you have to stretch things a bit, make them seem outrageous, get some criticism, then people will watch it.  Eventually word will spread.  I belive that although conspiracies can seem far fetched, they are formed from some basis of truth somewhere.  Not everything is true, but it cant all be false either, or there wouldn't be conspiracies.  I mean, I could be wrong, thats just what I think.

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 2:39 pm

Don't be surprised if the sequel after that is about the U.S. involvement in the Bermuda Triangle.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 2:50 pm

Don't be surprised if the sequel after that is about the U.S. involvement in the Bermuda Triangle.
well, i doubt that since in THAT case there's no evidence to support it.

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 3:30 pm

well, i doubt that since in THAT case there's no evidence to support it.

He can always take a few steps further by hiring the journalists from The National Enquirer.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 3:41 pm

He can always take a few steps further by hiring the journalists from The National Enquirer.
or the national review.

dude, you need to say something that has some substance in it.

present a fact, argument, supposition, or reasoned conjecture of some kind. all this ad hominem stuff is a real snooze.

Subject: Re: 9/11 conspiracy: please keep an open mind ~CORRECTION~

Written By: tokjct on 05/19/07 at 4:23 pm

~CORRECTION~
:-
I noticed that I made an error in the posting of the URL for Dave McGowan's website, the best compilation of 9/11 data I have seen anywhere.  It should have been-  http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com

This one should work. 

peace ...Lee http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 9:32 pm

or the national review.

dude, you need to say something that has some substance in it.

present a fact, argument, supposition, or reasoned conjecture of some kind. all this ad hominem stuff is a real snooze.

Globe.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 9:34 pm

Globe.
new york post!

oo, this whole line of conversation has got me watching JFK again. one of my favorite movies ever, predictably.

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 9:40 pm

joe pesci owns this damn movie.

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 11:47 pm

new york post!

oo, this whole line of conversation has got me watching JFK again. one of my favorite movies ever, predictably.

NY Daily News.

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 11:48 pm

joe pesci owns this damn movie.

Funny how? Like a clown?

Written By: Max Power on 05/19/07 at 11:52 pm

Possible sequels:

Screaming Conspiracy, U.S. of Bermuda Triangle, Conspiracy Now!, Conspiracy Now!Redux, Spitoon, Spies with Us, and Pride of the Pretzels.

Written By: Tia on 05/20/07 at 12:14 am

Possible sequels:

Screaming Conspiracy, U.S. of Bermuda Triangle, Conspiracy Now!, Conspiracy Now!Redux, Spitoon, Spies with Us, and Pride of the Pretzels.
i'm actually thinking a band called "U.S. of the bermuda triangle" doing an album called "screaming conspiracy" with song tracks on it as further noted in your rather excellent list. have our people talk to my people.

Subject: Re: 9/11 conspiracy: please keep an open mind ~CORRECTION~

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/20/07 at 6:39 pm

~CORRECTION~
:-
I noticed that I made an error in the posting of the URL for Dave McGowan's website, the best compilation of 9/11 data I have seen anywhere.  It should have been-   http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com

This one should work. 

peace ...Lee http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

Definitely some interesting reading. 

Written By: annonymouse on 05/22/07 at 9:42 pm

hat's why it's called a conspiracy. something within the gorvernment that is kept secret.

Written By: annonymouse on 05/22/07 at 9:44 pm

why would it take hundreds or thousands? the official story only calls for 19 people and a ringleader. with well-placed insiders in the government you could do it with far less.

besides, people HAVE come forward. no one listens to them. there are plenty of people out there who claim to know something about 9/11 or have participated in something they later found suspicious. some of them are crazy. some others may not be/

yeah. thing is, unless bushie boy himself (or cheyney) comes out and says it, the republicans will never accept the evidence!

Written By: Tia on 05/22/07 at 9:54 pm

this whole "why hasn't someone come forward" thing is such a lame argument on so many levels. you threaten them with death. you pick true zealots and true believers. you get something on them to blackmail them. i don't get why this is so hard to get one's head around.

the whole "it would be too big to pull off" argument is boilerplate. you hear it all the time but it's rarely that well-considered. you hear it from people who heard it somewhere else and they like the sound of it.

as i'm fond of saying, this current government has the most power of any government or institution in human history. they really have a chance to take over the entire world, and they're quite clear about their intention to establish complete control. their national security directives call for not only being prepared for any military power that might come to rival the united states -- they actually call for preventing any such military from arising, pre-emptively, anywhere in the world. that policy was in place before 9/11. the military wants to establish "full spectrum dominance," the complete military surveillance and control of every conceivable battlespace from the sea to the air to outer space to the information environment. they're close to owning everything and they can taste it. would they stop short of turning a blind eye to something like 9/11 to get that? i dunno, maybe. but once it had already happened, and with all that at stake, can i believe the tiny cabal responsible for it would be able to keep silent? hell yes i do. your choice is, on the one hand, grab control of the most power that has ever been accessible to humans on earth. on the other, run the risk of getting hanged for treason.

seems like a bit of a no-brainer, yes? and particularly given this administration's preference for loyalty over all, including the constitution and the rule of law, and that clinches it even more.

okay, cue max power. time for you to say something irrelevant about space aliens or the loch ness monster. *yawn*

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/24/07 at 2:54 am

Celine's Laws explain all.

And there are no real spoilers from the novel, as long as you don't click on any of the links. 

Written By: annonymouse on 05/24/07 at 9:30 pm

this whole "why hasn't someone come forward" thing is such a lame argument on so many levels. you threaten them with death. you pick true zealots and true believers. you get something on them to blackmail them. i don't get why this is so hard to get one's head around.

the whole "it would be too big to pull off" argument is boilerplate. you hear it all the time but it's rarely that well-considered. you hear it from people who heard it somewhere else and they like the sound of it.

as i'm fond of saying, this current government has the most power of any government or institution in human history. they really have a chance to take over the entire world, and they're quite clear about their intention to establish complete control. their national security directives call for not only being prepared for any military power that might come to rival the united states -- they actually call for preventing any such military from arising, pre-emptively, anywhere in the world. that policy was in place before 9/11. the military wants to establish "full spectrum dominance," the complete military surveillance and control of every conceivable battlespace from the sea to the air to outer space to the information environment. they're close to owning everything and they can taste it. would they stop short of turning a blind eye to something like 9/11 to get that? i dunno, maybe. but once it had already happened, and with all that at stake, can i believe the tiny cabal responsible for it would be able to keep silent? hell yes i do. your choice is, on the one hand, grab control of the most power that has ever been accessible to humans on earth. on the other, run the risk of getting hanged for treason.

seems like a bit of a no-brainer, yes? and particularly given this administration's preference for loyalty over all, including the constitution and the rule of law, and that clinches it even more.

okay, cue max power. time for you to say something irrelevant about space aliens or the loch ness monster. *yawn*

you raise the exact point for which i created this thread. keep an open mind. watch some videos, read some articles. don't just dismiss it because it's such a big deal.

karma +1

Written By: philbo on 05/25/07 at 1:19 am

I've read through a lot of what the "The Center for an Informed America" site says, and there are a lot of things that simply don't tally or simply aren't explained in the official accounts.. things like only three steel-framed skyscrapers have ever pancaked like that without being demolished - those were all on the same day (WTC7 didn't even have a plane in it - it just burned for a bit then collapsed); flight 93 wreckage was strewn over eight miles (with no recognizeable plane parts above ground at the official crash site) - that shouts "blew up in mid-air" to me. 

Now, after two planes had been crashed into skyscrapers, if this one had been hijacked, then shooting it down is probably what the authorities should have done - so why didn't they say so?  Why invent the myth of plucky passengers?

As for the official story at the Pentagon - a whole plane got hot enough to vapourise on impact, leaving no bodies and minimal wreckage?  Has that *ever* happened anywhere before?  After most plane crashes, they manage to get enough bits to reassemble nearly all the plane to find out what happened, yet we're seriously being asked to believe that at the Pentagon different rules apply...

It seems a bit like the Kennedy assassination: the "official" story is obviously concocted, but that doesn't lead one very far in finding out what actually did happen.

Written By: La Roche on 05/25/07 at 1:53 am

We're all forgetting history again, it repeats itself don't you know.

Just like the Roosevelt administration ignored the prior warnings of Pearl Harbor so that the United States could enter the second world war, the Bush administration ignored the prior warnings of 9/11 so that the "United States" could smite a few of the Christian Coalition's selected enemies.

Written By: philbo on 05/25/07 at 6:29 am

Or Maggie letting the Argentines invade the Falklands.. (bearing in mind that before that invasion, she was the most unpopular prime minister in recorded history, and without it, she'd not have won a second term, let alone a third)

But it's not the warnings that may or may not have been known about and ignored that get me: it's how the official version of events simply don't come close to explaining the physical evidence - like they're intentionally muddying the waters so that everything else looks like a tin-hatted conspiracy theory, no matter how good an explanation it is.  If you see what I mean.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/07 at 10:09 am

Michael Moore is an optimist.  He gives the portrays the powers that be as far more benevolent than they really are.
:o

Written By: annonymouse on 05/26/07 at 12:13 am

Now, after two planes had been crashed into skyscrapers, if this one had been hijacked, then shooting it down is probably what the authorities should have done - so why didn't they say so?  Why invent the myth of plucky passengers?

well, flight control, as well as the airforce tried to get in there, but the FAA wouldn't give them clearance. i suppose the better word would be REFUSED!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/26/07 at 1:54 am

Any site that disputes the wreckage at the WTC and Pentagon is either lying or written by someone who has know knowledge of engineering.

But your point is interesting.  The real answer is probably pretty close to the official answer:  The US wasn't expecting an attack by real hijacked aircraft that day.  There was a NORAD exercise involving fake hijacked aircraft scheduled that day.  Even without the exercise, however, the overwhelming majority of US fighter aircraft at continental US airbases were (and may well still be) unarmed.  Let's get real -- since the end of the Cold War, and with the exception of Alaska, did we really have every airbase within 100 miles of the coastline staffed with "alert" fighters capable of taking off and shooting down encroaching Soviet bombers and spyplanes with five minutes' warning?  Hell, no.  We sent up whoever happened to be in anything with wings that day, and we'd already lost the war -- whether we engaged flight 93 or not.   

The most plausible 9/11 speculation is that a Bad Guy found out about the exercises scheduled for that particular day, and leaked the information to the bad guys.  Another Bad Guy figured that would fit in very nicely with plans that were already afoot.  19 Bad Guys got told to do a Bad Thing on a Certain Date, and the rest is history.

The reason the aforementioned theory hasn't gotten any press is because proving it would reveal things (the least of which would include how our air defense exercises are scheduled and organized, how many people know about them in advance, and how good a job our spies do on monitoring our own military) that the American public, myself included, really doesn't have a need to know.

Finally, I'm of no opinion one way or another on flight 93.  I'll say this, however:  100 unarmed and untrained passengers will be enough to defeat 4 armed and trained Bad Guys.  Even if flight 93 was a myth, that myth has done more for airline security than the TSA could ever hope to accomplish.  To that end, I'm happy to spread the myth.

Written By: Tia on 05/26/07 at 5:09 am

^well, as to the idea of, hey, the cold war was over so why would we have armed planes protecting america... we pay more money into our military than virtually the rest of the world combined. so, when it mattered, where was that protection we've been paying for? nowhere. why is that? why did the military, whom we pay to be paranoid, never consider the possibility that we'd ever be attacked on native soil by non-state actors? and especially considering that we HAD been thusly attacked, and at the exact same target, in 1993. i'm sorry, but this idea that all the air force planes CONUS were unarmed because we had good reason to be sanguine just doesn't hold water to me.

something funny happened that day. you're gonna tell me that all that time the military had just been leaving washington d.c. and manhattan completely without air defense? i don't believe that.

Written By: La Roche on 05/26/07 at 11:02 am

^well, as to the idea of, hey, the cold war was over so why would we have armed planes protecting america... we pay more money into our military than virtually the rest of the world combined. so, when it mattered, where was that protection we've been paying for? nowhere. why is that? why did the military, whom we pay to be paranoid, never consider the possibility that we'd ever be attacked on native soil by non-state actors? and especially considering that we HAD been thusly attacked, and at the exact same target, in 1993. i'm sorry, but this idea that all the air force planes CONUS were unarmed because we had good reason to be sanguine just doesn't hold water to me.

something funny happened that day. you're gonna tell me that all that time the military had just been leaving washington d.c. and manhattan completely without air defense? i don't believe that.

If a plane flys over a no-fly zone in London and the RAF has gone through the necessary procedures to ensure it's not an accident, they shoot the plane down, they have missiles and they get a direct kill, that's the procedure. Why is such a procedure not in effect over New York or DC, I'm curious?

Written By: Max Power on 05/26/07 at 1:50 pm

Michael Moore is an optimist.  He gives the portrays the powers that be as far more benevolent than they really are.
:o

Um...okay.

Written By: Tia on 05/26/07 at 1:56 pm

Um...okay.
hey! another flippant and dismissive post that says nothing!

man, i sure didn't see that coming. :P

Written By: annonymouse on 05/27/07 at 9:11 am

Any site that disputes the wreckage at the WTC and Pentagon is either lying or written by someone who has know knowledge of engineering.

But your point is interesting.  The real answer is probably pretty close to the official answer:  The US wasn't expecting an attack by real hijacked aircraft that day.  There was a NORAD exercise involving fake hijacked aircraft scheduled that day.  Even without the exercise, however, the overwhelming majority of US fighter aircraft at continental US airbases were (and may well still be) unarmed.  Let's get real -- since the end of the Cold War, and with the exception of Alaska, did we really have every airbase within 100 miles of the coastline staffed with "alert" fighters capable of taking off and shooting down encroaching Soviet bombers and spyplanes with five minutes' warning?  Hell, no.  We sent up whoever happened to be in anything with wings that day, and we'd already lost the war -- whether we engaged flight 93 or not.   

The most plausible 9/11 speculation is that a Bad Guy found out about the exercises scheduled for that particular day, and leaked the information to the bad guys.  Another Bad Guy figured that would fit in very nicely with plans that were already afoot.  19 Bad Guys got told to do a Bad Thing on a Certain Date, and the rest is history.

The reason the aforementioned theory hasn't gotten any press is because proving it would reveal things (the least of which would include how our air defense exercises are scheduled and organized, how many people know about them in advance, and how good a job our spies do on monitoring our own military) that the American public, myself included, really doesn't have a need to know.

Finally, I'm of no opinion one way or another on flight 93.  I'll say this, however:  100 unarmed and untrained passengers will be enough to defeat 4 armed and trained Bad Guys.  Even if flight 93 was a myth, that myth has done more for airline security than the TSA could ever hope to accomplish.  To that end, I'm happy to spread the myth.

how about all of the evidence that states that the wtc could not have possibly gone down in such a matter? what about all of the firefighters, proffesional demolition experts who claim to have heard multiple explosions? what about wtc 7? why the hell did it topple? it wasn't even hit! and what about all of the eyewitnesses at the pentagon stating that before impact, they heard what sounded like a small double engined jet, or the guys at aircontrol that say that the munueverability of the plane that crashed into the pentagon was such that it COULD NOT have been a boeing 757? what do you say to that?

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/27/07 at 6:50 pm

how about all of the evidence that states that the wtc could not have possibly gone down in such a matter? what about all of the firefighters, proffesional demolition experts who claim to have heard multiple explosions? what about wtc 7? why the hell did it topple? it wasn't even hit! and what about all of the eyewitnesses at the pentagon stating that before impact, they heard what sounded like a small double engined jet, or the guys at aircontrol that say that the munueverability of the plane that crashed into the pentagon was such that it COULD NOT have been a boeing 757? what do you say to that?

"Multiple explosions" are precisely what you'd hear if you were in floor 1 of a 100-storey building that was having floors 70-100 dropping down on floors 1-68.  One per pancaked floor, as air from floors 68, 67, 66, and so on, are blasted out for the first second or two, until the pancaking sections gained momentum to sound like a continuous rush of collapsing crap.

"WTC7" - you're looking at the wrong side of WTC7.  WTC7 was heavily damaged by falling debris by WTC1 and 2 hours before its collapse.

"ATC comments on something that was more manoeuverable than a 757" - ATC was also seeing something being flown way the hell harder than any commercial pilot would ever fly a transport aircraft. The limits to the performance of aircraft are placed there to make sure that (a) the plane lands in one piece, and (b) isn't so overstressed that if by some miracle it lands in one piece, it doesn't have so many cracks and stretches in its structural elements that no mechanic will sign off on letting it take off again.

Commercial pilots want to land it in one piece and hand it over to someone else so that it's fit to fly again.  Test pilots are sometimes willing to settle for landing it in one piece and $10M in repairs. The guys who flew the planes on 9/11 had no such constraints.

Don't believe me?  Get a copy of MS Flight Sim or XPilot and try it yourself.  It wasn't that hard.  Sure as hell was a lot easier than lobbing a missile into the Pentagon, then following up my making a 757 full of people disappear into thin air, only to use the Asgard transporter technology aboard the Daedalus to teleport a bunch of char-broiled and banged-up 757 engine parts into the smoldering wreckage so that  the photographers would have something to take pictures of.

The only evidence for a 9/11 conspiracy is that if there was a 9/11 conspiracy beyond the official story, these kind of wacky stories are exactly what I'd expect the conspirators to put out.  As Pynchon reminded us:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/07 at 7:38 pm

"Multiple explosions" are precisely what you'd hear if you were in floor 1 of a 100-storey building that was having floors 70-100 dropping down on floors 1-68.  One per pancaked floor, as air from floors 68, 67, 66, and so on, are blasted out for the first second or two, until the pancaking sections gained momentum to sound like a continuous rush of collapsing crap.

"WTC7" - you're looking at the wrong side of WTC7.  WTC7 was heavily damaged by falling debris by WTC1 and 2 hours before its collapse.

"ATC comments on something that was more manoeuverable than a 757" - ATC was also seeing something being flown way the hell harder than any commercial pilot would ever fly a transport aircraft. The limits to the performance of aircraft are placed there to make sure that (a) the plane lands in one piece, and (b) isn't so overstressed that if by some miracle it lands in one piece, it doesn't have so many cracks and stretches in its structural elements that no mechanic will sign off on letting it take off again.

Commercial pilots want to land it in one piece and hand it over to someone else so that it's fit to fly again.  Test pilots are sometimes willing to settle for landing it in one piece and $10M in repairs. The guys who flew the planes on 9/11 had no such constraints.

Don't believe me?  Get a copy of MS Flight Sim or XPilot and try it yourself.  It wasn't that hard.  Sure as hell was a lot easier than lobbing a missile into the Pentagon, then following up my making a 757 full of people disappear into thin air, only to use the Asgard transporter technology aboard the Daedalus to teleport a bunch of char-broiled and banged-up 757 engine parts into the smoldering wreckage so that  the photographers would have something to take pictures of.

The only evidence for a 9/11 conspiracy is that if there was a 9/11 conspiracy beyond the official story, these kind of wacky stories are exactly what I'd expect the conspirators to put out.  As Pynchon reminded us:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Yeah, normally a 757 wouldn't be flying .5 mach approaching a major metropolitan area!
I still think some bogus crap went on on 9/11.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/27/07 at 7:50 pm

The wreckage that was spread over 8 miles was caused by the fake bomb the terrorists had.  Planes usually start breaking up in the sky before the crash.  It is known.  ???

Wreckage just disappears.  The secret flight attendent expert.  Wow.  Discrediting other peoples accounts but accepting others.

There are plenty of holes in the 9/11 story that I think alot of us just shake our heads at.  It is too hard to comprehend an government conspiracy causing something this huge.  The thing that was interesting to me was stuff that we hadn't ever seen before just started happening.  Airplanes in buildings.  2 majorsky scrapers coming down within minutes of each other.

Whether they be wrong or right, there are some interesting points that were brought up.   

Written By: annonymouse on 05/28/07 at 11:57 am

are you trying to tell me that a boeing 757 has as much menueverability as som airforce jet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/07 at 4:36 pm

are you trying to tell me that a boeing 757 has as much menueverability as som airforce jet?

Or that some terrorist stooges who only took a few flying lessons could nail the WTC at sub-supersonic speeds with such precision?
???

Written By: Tia on 05/28/07 at 4:40 pm

Or that some terrorist stooges who only took a few flying lessons could nail the WTC at sub-supersonic speeds with such precision?
???
nailing the pentagon was the real feat. although i'm not big on the cruise missile theory the idea that some strip-club-frequenting pinhead who did "tucks" with the pages of the koran would the next day be able to execute that extraordinary low-flying attack on a really quite short building... after flunking his flying lessons... that's the biggest thing that makes me go, "hmm."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/07 at 4:45 pm

nailing the pentagon was the real feat. although i'm not big on the cruise missile theory the idea that some strip-club-frequenting pinhead who did "tucks" with the pages of the koran would the next day be able to execute that extraordinary low-flying attack on a really quite short building... after flunking his flying lessons... that's the biggest thing that makes me go, "hmm."

What happened at the Pentagon was not just difficult.  It was impossible.  Flying a jet six feet above terra firma is one thing, leaving no burn marks is another!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/28/07 at 5:41 pm

after flunking his flying lessons..

They flunked out of flight school because they couldn't be bothered to learn how to land.  Nor to communicate properly with ground control.  Nor to pay attention to things like VNE or other basic rules of airmanship. 

Again, an hour or two (if not a few minutes) with any off-the-shelf flight simulator will demonstrate that anyone could have done it.  If you treat the cockpit as nothing more than a giant video game, you're going to accomplish two things:  First, you're going to fail to get your pilot's license, and second, you're going to make a smoldering hole in whatever you point the plane at.

Commercial and transport aircraft are capable of lots of manoeuvres that are rarely, if ever, attempted anywhere other than a simulator.

Flying a commercial jet is comparable to driving a Corvette at 55 miles an hour on a straightaway.  Flying a fighter is comparable to driving a Ferrari at 120 miles per hour on a racetrack.  Just because the Ferrari can beat the Corvette, doesn't mean that you can't have an exciting time in a 'vette on a windy back road.  Just because the Corvette can give you an exciting time on a windy back road, doesn't mean it's a particularly smart idea, either.  Ideally, you never use all of the performance envelope of your vehicle, whether it's wheeled or winged.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/07 at 8:30 pm

They flunked out of flight school because they couldn't be bothered to learn how to land.  Nor to communicate properly with ground control.  Nor to pay attention to things like VNE or other basic rules of airmanship. 

Again, an hour or two (if not a few minutes) with any off-the-shelf flight simulator will demonstrate that anyone could have done it.  If you treat the cockpit as nothing more than a giant video game, you're going to accomplish two things:  First, you're going to fail to get your pilot's license, and second, you're going to make a smoldering hole in whatever you point the plane at.

Commercial and transport aircraft are capable of lots of manoeuvres that are rarely, if ever, attempted anywhere other than a simulator.

Flying a commercial jet is comparable to driving a Corvette at 55 miles an hour on a straightaway.  Flying a fighter is comparable to driving a Ferrari at 120 miles per hour on a racetrack.  Just because the Ferrari can beat the Corvette, doesn't mean that you can't have an exciting time in a 'vette on a windy back road.  Just because the Corvette can give you an exciting time on a windy back road, doesn't mean it's a particularly smart idea, either.  Ideally, you never use all of the performance envelope of your vehicle, whether it's wheeled or winged.

Go hauling azz in a 'vette on the back roads of New England and there wouldn't be much of a 'vette left, and if you hit one of those giant potholes Cowtown never fixed, maybe not much of you left either!

But of course it makes all the sense in the world for a commercial jet to be capable of far more than its routine.  The pilot's got 150 lives on his hands.  If there's an emergency, and he's got to swerve, dive, or greatly accelerate, the craft has to be able to let him do it.  I just wouldn't want to have to clean up the passenger cabin afterwards!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/pukeface.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/07 at 12:53 am

But of course it makes all the sense in the world for a commercial jet to be capable of far more than its routine.  The pilot's got 150 lives on his hands.  If there's an emergency, and he's got to swerve, dive, or greatly accelerate, the craft has to be able to let him do it.  I just wouldn't want to have to clean up the passenger cabin afterwards!

And now for something completely different:  If your driver's education course didn't include emergency manoeuvers, it wasn't complete.  Find your local high performance driving education school, ask them about emergency manoeuvering / highway survival / or "whatever their buzzword is for not getting killed during that one-in-a-million chance when someone spins out directly in front of you, not for people who want to learn to race, just for people who want to learn how to drive better than the rest of the people on the road".

That applies to both adult drivers and new drivers.  It'll cost you between  $500-1000.  You'll have $500-1000 worth fun in a safe environment learning just what a car is capable of doing.  As a fringe benefit, there's a one in ten chance it'll save your life.  There's a one in 100 chance that there'll be someone else in your car when you do it, and they'll wonder how the hell you pulled it off.

If drivers were educated like pilots, it would probably only cost around $1000 per driver (once, so if you spend 50 years, it's like $20/year), and we'd probably save 10,000 lives a year (every year) out of the ~50,000/year we kill on our roads.

Obligatory Conspiracy Theory:  50,000 per year in traffic accidents alone.  A Vietnam every year. 

Written By: philbo on 05/29/07 at 9:00 am

"Multiple explosions" are precisely what you'd hear if you were in floor 1 of a 100-storey building that was having floors 70-100 dropping down on floors 1-68.

I'd agree that people hearing "multiple explosions" does not necessarily mean that multiple sets of explosives were triggered, and what you're saying would explain the observations.  But...

OK, so what's your view on the fact that only three steel-framed skyscrapers have ever collapsed in that fashion, and by a strange coincidence all on the same day?

Have you seen any of the reports about the Madrid skyscraper which withstood two days of serious fire, rather than the comparatively small ones seen in the WTC buildings?  Doesn't this make you just a teensy-weensy bit suspicious?

The wreckage that was spread over 8 miles was caused by the fake bomb the terrorists had.  Planes usually start breaking up in the sky before the crash.  It is known.   ???

er... if the plane was breaking up, what kind of "fake" bomb was that?  Eight miles separating the bits of wreckage means that the plane *definitely* wasn't in one piece when it hit the ground.  Yet the official story says it was - so why the lies?

Obligatory Conspiracy Theory:  50,000 per year in traffic accidents alone.  A Vietnam every year. 

Or 16xWTC every year... yet for some reason that statistic doesn't spark off a couple of invasions.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/29/07 at 5:51 pm

er... if the plane was breaking up, what kind of "fake" bomb was that?  Eight miles separating the bits of wreckage means that the plane *definitely* wasn't in one piece when it hit the ground.  Yet the official story says it was - so why the lies?

I was actually being sarcastic.  I was saying that the terrorists fake bomb blew up the plane.  I actually think that the plane was shot down.   

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/07 at 6:27 pm

Have you seen any of the reports about the Madrid skyscraper which withstood two days of serious fire, rather than the comparatively small ones seen in the WTC buildings?  Doesn't this make you just a teensy-weensy bit suspicious?

Serious answer:  The aircraft that hit WTC were carrying a lot more fuel than the one that hit the building in Madrid.  And what on earth was "tiny" about the WTC fires?  The footprints of the WTC buildings are huge.  There's no engineering precedent for it.

Funny answer:  And you forgot to mention 429truth.org, which tears the lid off the notion that fuel fires can ever heat steel structures to the point that they lose structural integrity and collapse.

Gentle reminder:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Written By: Tia on 05/29/07 at 6:29 pm

Gentle reminder:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
qft

Written By: annonymouse on 05/29/07 at 8:48 pm

Serious answer:  The aircraft that hit WTC were carrying a lot more fuel than the one that hit the building in Madrid.  And what on earth was "tiny" about the WTC fires?  The footprints of the WTC buildings are huge.  There's no engineering precedent for it.

so what? steel melts at 2500 degrees.  jet fuel burns at around 1796 degrees now that's a pretty big gap. looks  alot like a gap of 704 degrees! so 1796 (which is the MAXIMUM burning temperature, temp. in open air can be much lower) degrees might be just a bit to low. it would have made sense if all of the floors themselves collapsed. instead, the fire somehow managed to take down the steel frame with it. c'mon man!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/07 at 9:09 pm

so what? steel melts at 2500 degrees.  jet fuel burns at around 1796 degrees now that's a pretty big gap. looks  alot like a gap of 704 degrees! so 1796 (which is the MAXIMUM burning temperature, temp. in open air can be much lower) degrees might be just a bit to low. it would have made sense if all of the floors themselves collapsed. instead, the fire somehow managed to take down the steel frame with it. c'mon man!

AND...for the umpty-umpth time...even if the fuel combustion DID melt the steel girders, it is still mechanically impossible for the melting to be so immediate and thorough as to cause the towers to collapse demolition-style in under one minute! That's waaaay frikkin' different from an overpass in Oakland!
::)

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 9:15 pm

Because... of course.. it's impossible that planes.. planes.. PLANES!! (Ever been on one, they're fu*king huge!) hitting a building could weaken or even destroy said steel girders which would then in turn collapse.. etc..etc..etc.

Here's the big thing. I laugh at the feeble minded souls who think that planes hitting the WTC towers wouldn't bring them down. They're office blocks essentially.. those are planes.. several hundred MPH missiles laden with fuel that are f**kin huge! That's not the question that's important.. the question is, why were they ever allowed anywhere near Manhattan, why were they not shot down as soon as it became known that they'd been hijacked? That's the correct procedure, shoot down the plane.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/07 at 11:17 pm

so what? steel melts at 2500 degrees.  jet fuel burns at around 1796 degrees now that's a pretty big gap\

*smack*  Structural Engineering 201.  You == the fail.  Remedial homework:  What is the tensile strength of steel as a function of temperature?

Everyone else:  Re-read Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow, specifically the Proverb for Paranoids that I've quoted numerous times, and cross-reference against Principia Discordia's "Law of Fives", which states that given sufficient time and persistence, any phenomenon can be related to the number "five".

Everyone not paying attention:  If you're arguing "airplanes vs. explosives", you're asking precisely the sort of wrong question that They'd want you to ask, as per Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. And if you're arguing any other conspiracy, see the reference to the Law of Fives, as per Principia Discordia.  The Pentagon had five sides, did it not? :)

Davey:  Shush.  If you're asking the wrong questions, They don't have to worry about answers, but you just asked the right sort of question!  If there's no conspiracy beyond the official story in the 9/11 report, you're fine, but if there is a conspiracy (LIHOP or MIHOP, and yes I'm using those buzzwords to point the Conspiracy's radar at everyone in this thread, myself included), it's the sort of line of questioning that will get you in very deep trouble someday. So stop doing that or you'll put someone's eye out! 

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 11:21 pm

Davey:  Shush.  If you're asking the wrong questions, They don't have to worry about answers, but you just asked the right sort of question!  If there's no conspiracy beyond the official story in the 9/11 report, you're fine, but if there is a conspiracy (LIHOP or MIHOP, and yes I'm using those buzzwords to point the Conspiracy's radar at everyone in this thread, myself included), it's the sort of line of questioning that will get you in very deep trouble someday. So stop doing that or you'll put someone's eye out! 

I very much come down on the LIHOP side of things. Think Pearl Harbor and replace Japanese with 'Everybody who looks a bit Arabic'.

Haven't you heard? I have a file!  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/07 at 11:37 pm

I very much come down on the LIHOP side of things. 

You've got a secondary-order problem that's presently intractable: 

Secondary-1:  Assume a LIHOP conspiracy.  The 9/11 conspiracies are precisely what you'd release to the masses to get them asking the Wrong Questions -- to throw them off the scent and get everyone with half a brain sucked into interminable discussions of metallurgy and structural engineering.

Secondary-2:  Assume no LIHOP conspiracy.  Assume merely the overactive imaginations of 300,000,000 Americans.  The 9/11 conspiracies are... precisely what you'd expect a very small minority of the 300,000,000 Americans to come up with, and a few of the more easily-swayed 300,000,000 Americans to believe because "hey, I saw it in someone's 'blog, man!  It must be true!"

There's no way -- within the clearance level of anyone reading this post -- to distinguish the two secondary options. 

Thus, Occam's Razor unfortunately demands that you stick with #2, lest ye be found guilty of short-changing the creativity of your fellow Americans.  I want to believe in one of at least three LIHOP theories -- they're (even more fun than the MIHOP ones!) fun universes to hop into -- but I don't have a need to know, and based on the evidence  availabable to me, I'm stuck with the theory that requires fewer assumptions:  that a bunch of Chucks found out about an air defense exercise involving faked hijaked aircraft and decided that it'd give them an extra hour or two to carry out their plans before we figured it out. And tht another bunch of Chucks figured that as long as the dust was still settling, one might as well take advantage of the  opportunity to consolidate power.  It's not every day one is offered ten trillion dollars and permanent power on the proverbial silver platter.

So it goes.

Written By: La Roche on 05/29/07 at 11:47 pm

You've got a secondary-order problem that's presently intractable: 

Secondary-1:  Assume a LIHOP conspiracy.  The 9/11 conspiracies are precisely what you'd release to the masses to get them asking the Wrong Questions -- to throw them off the scent and get everyone with half a brain sucked into interminable discussions of metallurgy and structural engineering.

Secondary-2:  Assume no LIHOP conspiracy.  Assume merely the overactive imaginations of 300,000,000 Americans.  The 9/11 conspiracies are... precisely what you'd expect a very small minority of the 300,000,000 Americans to come up with, and a few of the more easily-swayed 300,000,000 Americans to believe because "hey, I saw it in someone's 'blog, man!  It must be true!"

There's no way -- within the clearance level of anyone reading this post -- to distinguish the two secondary options. 

Thus, Occam's Razor unfortunately demands that you stick with #2, lest ye be found guilty of short-changing the creativity of your fellow Americans.  I want to believe in one of at least three LIHOP theories -- they're (even more fun than the MIHOP ones!) fun universes to hop into -- but I don't have a need to know, and based on the evidence  availabable to me, I'm stuck with the theory that requires fewer assumptions:  that a bunch of Chucks found out about an air defense exercise involving faked hijaked aircraft and decided that it'd give them an extra hour or two to carry out their plans before we figured it out. And tht another bunch of Chucks figured that as long as the dust was still settling, one might as well take advantage of the  opportunity to consolidate power.  It's not every day one is offered ten trillion dollars and permanent power on the proverbial silver platter.

So it goes.

First point - Exactly correct.

If I've discoverd a plot that's going to allow me to do exactly what I've wanted to do for a decade (read up on the PINAC website.) I'm going to allow it to happen, no questions asked. I may even shuffle things around to make it easier to happen.. and the first thing I'm going to do is start spreading rumors, all sorts of rumors, so many rumors you can't keep track.

Kind of like the Air Force has always encouraged UFO rumors, now, there may or may not be UFO's over the United States, regardless, the US Air Force has almost carte blanche to test classified aircraft because 99.99% of the time, the folks seeing them will be blinded by their fascination of the unknown and will convince themselves that they've seen a UFO.

Second point - Americans are stupid.

As a nation there are more stupid people in the US than just about any other country.. on a percentage basis.. It's not difficult to convince some cranked up junkie with a DSL connection and a sleep disorder that what you're saying in your blog is the God's honest truth.

Written By: annonymouse on 05/30/07 at 9:01 pm

*smack*   Structural Engineering 201.  You == the fail.  Remedial homework:  What is the tensile strength of steel as a function of temperature?

Everyone else:  Re-read Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow, specifically the Proverb for Paranoids that I've quoted numerous times, and cross-reference against Principia Discordia's "Law of Fives", which states that given sufficient time and persistence, any phenomenon can be related to the number "five".

would you say the flames in wtc raged for a sufficient amount of time?

Because... of course.. it's impossible that planes.. planes.. PLANES!! (Ever been on one, they're fu*king huge!) hitting a building could weaken or even destroy said steel girders which would then in turn collapse.. etc..etc..etc.

Here's the big thing. I laugh at the feeble minded souls who think that planes hitting the WTC towers wouldn't bring them down. They're office blocks essentially.. those are planes.. several hundred MPH missiles laden with fuel that are f**kin huge! That's not the question that's important.. the question is, why were they ever allowed anywhere near Manhattan, why were they not shot down as soon as it became known that they'd been hijacked? That's the correct procedure, shoot down the plane.

yes, planes are big. yes, planes are fast. no, the wtc were not just office blocks. they each had a big ass metal steel core. you're right, a raging boring 757 could definatly damage some steel girders, but not enough to bring down such an enourmous building in such a matter, so fast. 

Written By: La Roche on 05/30/07 at 10:06 pm

yes, planes are big. yes, planes are fast. no, the wtc were not just office blocks. they each had a big ass metal steel core. you're right, a raging boring 757 could definatly damage some steel girders, but not enough to bring down such an enourmous building in such a matter, so fast. 

In theory, the components wouldn't go that fast, but together, it's quite possible. It's not really possible to test for such an event when building something of that size.. and often, the components on their own are stronger than the whole, consider that.

Written By: Tia on 06/01/07 at 6:04 pm

http://www.blackopradio.com/black314.ram

good clean fun.

Written By: Tia on 06/01/07 at 6:11 pm

^man, that's interesting stuff. real chilling and pretty well done, i thought.

Written By: philbo on 06/04/07 at 2:36 am

Here's the big thing. I laugh at the feeble minded souls who think that planes hitting the WTC towers wouldn't bring them down.

OK, so why did WTC7 fall?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/07 at 8:27 pm

It was so structurally damaged by the debris from Twin Towers that the WTC7 collapsed---demoliton style no less!
:-\\

Written By: La Roche on 06/04/07 at 10:17 pm

That's like saying, why did my next door neighbors house burn.. when mine was on fire.

Written By: philbo on 06/05/07 at 1:17 am

That's like saying, why did my next door neighbors house burn.. when mine was on fire.

So you're saying that because two skyscrapers fell down, a third obviously will?  You argued in an earlier post that it was *because* the effects of a plane hitting the WTC buildings were critical that they collapsed handily - but of course, that argument can't apply to WTC7.  Try thinking critically, and look at those pictures of the Madrid tower burning.

Aren't you even a teensy bit suspicious that only three steel-framed skyscrapers have ever collapsed through fire, and all on the same day?  And fortuitously, all pancaking down into their own footprint... Ignoring the wackiest of the conspiracy theories, this is still very improbable (it's a bit like asking why during the 2004 election, the accuracy of the exit polls in Ohio varied as a direct function of the voting hardware used, and trying to get any explanation other than the voting hardware causing that variation - the probability maths is not proof of misdemeanour, but very suggestive).

What I'd love to happen is for there to be some out-of-the-way steel-framed skyscraper that is in need of demolishing, and an old aeroplane that nobody wants any more... fly one into the other and see what happens.  Of course, it wouldn't prove anything as a one-off, but it'd be lots of fun.

Written By: La Roche on 06/06/07 at 11:33 am

So you're saying that because two skyscrapers fell down, a third obviously will?  You argued in an earlier post that it was *because* the effects of a plane hitting the WTC buildings were critical that they collapsed handily - but of course, that argument can't apply to WTC7.  Try thinking critically, and look at those pictures of the Madrid tower burning.

Aren't you even a teensy bit suspicious that only three steel-framed skyscrapers have ever collapsed through fire, and all on the same day?  And fortuitously, all pancaking down into their own footprint... Ignoring the wackiest of the conspiracy theories, this is still very improbable (it's a bit like asking why during the 2004 election, the accuracy of the exit polls in Ohio varied as a direct function of the voting hardware used, and trying to get any explanation other than the voting hardware causing that variation - the probability maths is not proof of misdemeanour, but very suggestive).

What I'd love to happen is for there to be some out-of-the-way steel-framed skyscraper that is in need of demolishing, and an old aeroplane that nobody wants any more... fly one into the other and see what happens.  Of course, it wouldn't prove anything as a one-off, but it'd be lots of fun.

Hmmm. I do see your point.

That being said, I don't believe WTC 7 was built to withstand the same sort of damage that towers 1 & 2 were. You have to remember, they were both built to withstand rather a lot of force. I doubt WTC-7 was built to the same specifications, of course, if you have evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it, I'm afraid I'm fairly ignorant regarding the structural integrity codes of the world trade center buildings.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/07 at 1:10 pm

WT7 would not have collapsed vertically into its own foundations if fire and debris was affecting one side more than the other.  Sheesh!

Written By: annonymouse on 06/15/07 at 12:23 pm

In theory, the components wouldn't go that fast, but together, it's quite possible. It's not really possible to test for such an event when building something of that size.. and often, the components on their own are stronger than the whole, consider that.

theoretical science can prove just about anything.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/15/07 at 12:30 pm

Hmmm. I do see your point.

That being said, I don't believe WTC 7 was built to withstand the same sort of damage that towers 1 & 2 were. You have to remember, they were both built to withstand rather a lot of force. I doubt WTC-7 was built to the same specifications, of course, if you have evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it, I'm afraid I'm fairly ignorant regarding the structural integrity codes of the world trade center buildings.

there you have it. wtc were built to withstand tremendous force. they were even built to withstand the force of the biggest plane at the time. sure, it wasn't quite a 757, but it was pretty damn big, and the 757 that did hit were somewhat empty. no where close to maximum weight.

ps. if you're to ignorant to accept the proof accompanying the other side of the argument, maybe you shouldn't be visiting this thread.

Written By: La Roche on 06/15/07 at 12:35 pm

theoretical science can prove just about anything.

.. err.. yeah, I suppose so.

So you're saying that scientific theory is flawed, but conspiracy theory isn't? If you believe that I've got a theory about Creationism I'd like to talk to you about.

Written By: La Roche on 06/15/07 at 12:37 pm

there you have it. wtc were built to withstand tremendous force. they were even built to withstand the force of the biggest plane at the time. sure, it wasn't quite a 757, but it was pretty damn big, and the 757 that did hit were somewhat empty. no where close to maximum weight.

ps. if you're to ignorant to accept the proof accompanying the other side of the argument, maybe you shouldn't be visiting this thread.

Of course they were, all skyscrapers are. But as I've been saying over and over again, do they actually build replicas of the building and fly real planes in to them? Of course not - Thus, it's all based on theory, something you seem to dislike. Theoretically a plane (smaller than a 757) shouldn't bring them down... but as you've pointed out yourself, theoretical science is just that, theory.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/15/07 at 2:23 pm

.. err.. yeah, I suppose so.

So you're saying that scientific theory is flawed, but conspiracy theory isn't? If you believe that I've got a theory about Creationism I'd like to talk to you about.

scientific theory and theoretical science are two different things. and what does al this have to do with "god"?

Written By: La Roche on 06/15/07 at 2:39 pm

scientific theory and theoretical science are two different things. and what does al this have to do with "god"?

I know from past discussion that you like to deride the biblical ideas of Creationism and such like - For this I applaud you. But, to accept evolution, one must base a strong amount of faith on scientific theory, something you seem unwilling to do here.

Written By: philbo on 06/16/07 at 5:23 pm

"Scientific theory" as relates to whether a plane could bring down a steel-framed skyscraper in the way that it happened is not experimental science: you can't take twenty of the things and fly lots of planes in to test the theory.  So you're left with models, and the thing about models is that they are virtual and all the parameters are tweakable - and as the Kid says, you can use these sorts of models not so much to prove that it happened, but to prove that it's possible that it might have happened in a particular way.

This is very different to accepting the scientific theory of something like evolution, where there is a huge mountain of evidence that any theory needs to fit - you don't need to take the theory on faith, merely look at how well it explains what you can see.

Written By: La Roche on 06/17/07 at 12:14 am

"Scientific theory" as relates to whether a plane could bring down a steel-framed skyscraper in the way that it happened is not experimental science: you can't take twenty of the things and fly lots of planes in to test the theory.  So you're left with models, and the thing about models is that they are virtual and all the parameters are tweakable - and as the Kid says, you can use these sorts of models not so much to prove that it happened, but to prove that it's possible that it might have happened in a particular way.

This is very different to accepting the scientific theory of something like evolution, where there is a huge mountain of evidence that any theory needs to fit - you don't need to take the theory on faith, merely look at how well it explains what you can see.

..and have any 'model tests' taken in to account degradation over time, shifts in the geological soundness of the land, the effect that decades of New York winters would have on any building.

I'm not writing anything off, just saying, it's somewhat disingenuous to claim that a conspiracy theory based on little more than an idea is certainly more relevant than scientific theory, based on the abilities and properties of the components involved.

Written By: philbo on 06/17/07 at 5:19 am

..and have any 'model tests' taken in to account degradation over time, shifts in the geological soundness of the land, the effect that decades of New York winters would have on any building.

That's why any model would almost certainly show that what happened is within the realms of possibility.  But that doesn't stop me from being sceptical that only three steel-framed skyscrapers have collapsed because of fire, and those three were all on the same day.

I'm not writing anything off, just saying, it's somewhat disingenuous to claim that a conspiracy theory based on little more than an idea is certainly more relevant than scientific theory, based on the abilities and properties of the components involved.

True.. and I have to admit that I don't like any of the conspiracy theories, mainly because the motives behind nearly all of them seem to me to be way too weak & disproportionate, with the possible exception of the simple financial motive as possibly the world's biggest insurance fraud... except that doesn't explain the Pentagon and flight 93.. so if you're trying to come up with a conspiracy to make that the prime motive, there's some seriously odd leaps of faith needed to make a coherent plot.

Put simply, there isn't a theory out there at the moment (including the official one) that actually makes sense and explains what has been observed.  Sure, I think the investigators & government know a lot more than they're letting on (for whatever reason), but that doesn't per se mean I think they were involved in plotting the event.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/17/07 at 1:08 pm

but most all of the evidence supporting conspiracy theories is based on science and physics. thing is, there really isn't much "scientific" evidence supporting the official story.

btw: good point with the whole evolution thing.

Written By: La Roche on 06/17/07 at 1:55 pm

but most all of the evidence supporting conspiracy theories is based on science and physics. thing is, there really isn't much "scientific" evidence supporting the official story.

btw: good point with the whole evolution thing.

That's why any model would almost certainly show that what happened is within the realms of possibility.  But that doesn't stop me from being sceptical that only three steel-framed skyscrapers have collapsed because of fire, and those three were all on the same day.
True.. and I have to admit that I don't like any of the conspiracy theories, mainly because the motives behind nearly all of them seem to me to be way too weak & disproportionate, with the possible exception of the simple financial motive as possibly the world's biggest insurance fraud... except that doesn't explain the Pentagon and flight 93.. so if you're trying to come up with a conspiracy to make that the prime motive, there's some seriously odd leaps of faith needed to make a coherent plot.

Put simply, there isn't a theory out there at the moment (including the official one) that actually makes sense and explains what has been observed.  Sure, I think the investigators & government know a lot more than they're letting on (for whatever reason), but that doesn't per se mean I think they were involved in plotting the event.

Thanks, as I'm sure you can see, I'm not attempting to disprove any of the conspiracy theories, Hell, I'm more than convinced that things were not as they appeared, that being said, it's highly unlikely that we've come close to an actual explanation. All the theories put forward tie in so nicely, which to me says they're wrong. As Mr. FooBar so clearly points out, if they can keep you asking the wrong questions, they don't need to worry about the answers.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/24/07 at 2:39 pm

Thanks, as I'm sure you can see, I'm not attempting to disprove any of the conspiracy theories, Hell, I'm more than convinced that things were not as they appeared, that being said, it's highly unlikely that we've come close to an actual explanation. All the theories put forward tie in so nicely, which to me says they're wrong. As Mr. FooBar so clearly points out, if they can keep you asking the wrong questions, they don't need to worry about the answers.

so you're saying we shouldn't be contemplating whether or not the buildings should have gone down, but rather, why the government would do such a thing?

Written By: La Roche on 06/24/07 at 8:50 pm

so you're saying we shouldn't be contemplating whether or not the buildings should have gone down, but rather, why the government would do such a thing?

A better way to put it.. in my opinion.. wouldn't be the idea of how the buildings went down, whether it was a real attack, whether it was planned.. or whether it was a Pearl Harbor deal where they allowed it to happen, but more, who benefits, how much evidence is there to suggest that such a thing would happen etc.

How the buildings went down is a secondary piece of the puzzle, first you have to know who did it and why, then you can easily work out how.

Written By: annonymouse on 06/27/07 at 10:38 pm

A better way to put it.. in my opinion.. wouldn't be the idea of how the buildings went down, whether it was a real attack, whether it was planned.. or whether it was a Pearl Harbor deal where they allowed it to happen, but more, who benefits, how much evidence is there to suggest that such a thing would happen etc.

How the buildings went down is a secondary piece of the puzzle, first you have to know who did it and why, then you can easily work out how.

i understand what you're saying, but proving the "official theory" (put forward by the government.) wrong is equal to proving the government has lied.

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 12:56 pm

i understand what you're saying, but proving the "official theory" (put forward by the government.) wrong is equal to proving the government has lied.

I suppose so.

My point is, it's better to have a good idea of what you think is the case, before destroying what was.

Written By: philbo on 06/28/07 at 1:54 pm

I don't think it's as black and white as that: the "government" isn't a single brain with one set of knowledge and motivations.  There may well be people in government who do know more than they're letting on, but any odds most of 'em probably think it's in their own best interest not to inquire too deeply and are if not happy then at least relieved to accept the official verdict.  Like most "conspiracies", the only real conspiracy here is of apathy: not caring enough to find out what the truth really is.

My point is, it's better to have a good idea of what you think is the case, before destroying what was.

That's actually a very good argument for accepting any bunch of "official" twaddle when there isn't enough evidence to prove otherwise...

Written By: La Roche on 06/28/07 at 4:21 pm

That's actually a very good argument for accepting any bunch of "official" twaddle when there isn't enough evidence to prove otherwise...

Not exactly my intention you understand, but I suppose it is.

Good thing I'm on the Government fast track program.  ;D

Written By: annonymouse on 06/29/07 at 12:51 am

the only real conspiracy here is of apathy: not caring enough to find out what the truth really is.

yeah, it really bothers me when i try to explain it to people and they say they don't care. real mature!

Check for new replies or respond here...