» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: NYPD decides to be gun happy....again.

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/06 at 9:27 am

Why it happened, I don't know. I do know that I'm kinda wary about believing the officers' story of what happened.

NYPD Kills Groom On Wedding Day

Subject: Re: NYPD decides to be gun happy....again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/06 at 10:46 am

More nervous cops with itchy fingers.  According to the stripper, the cruiser crashed into the guy's car first, then the cops jumped out and open fire.  Just like Diallo, the cops thought Mr. Kelly might have had a gun.  I won't defend the shootings, but I think I know somebody who might!

Trini Wright, a dancer at the strip club where Bell's bachelor party was held, told the Daily News she was going to a diner with the men and was putting her makeup bag in the trunk of their car when the police minivan appeared.

"The minivan came around the corner and smashed into their car. And they (the police) jumped out shooting," Wright, 28, told the newspaper for Monday editions. "No 'stop.' No 'freeze.' No nothing."

Going to a diner?  Sure. 

Well, I won't be arguing outside of the Kalua Cabaret at 4:00 a.m. any time soon!

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/02/06 at 8:57 am

More nervous cops with itchy fingers.  According to the stripper, the cruiser crashed into the guy's car first, then the cops jumped out and open fire.  Just like Diallo, the cops thought Mr. Kelly might have had a gun.  I won't defend the shootings, but I think I know somebody who might!

Going to a diner?  Sure. 

Well, I won't be arguing outside of the Kalua Cabaret at 4:00 a.m. any time soon!

Firing something like 50 shots into that car is clearly excessive force.  I think one of the cops emptied two clips for 31 shots just himself.  The officer in question was identified as Officer Eugene Tackleberry, who has been on the force for about 22 years and is an avid collector of guns and militaria.  He was operating under the supervision of a Lieutenant Thaddeus Harris ;)

Officers on the force are divided about Tackleberry's actions on the night in question.  One policeman, Officer Moses Hightower, was clearly distressed at Tackleberry's actions and stated "I simply would have walked up beside the thugs' car and picked it up and flipped it over.  There was no need for gun play".

Another officer, though, expressed support for Tackleberry.  Officer Chad Copeland, an attache to Harris, stated "The use of excessive force in this case is justified.  I once faced a similar situation while working undercover at the Blue Oyster Nightclub and I regret that I never drew my weapon".

;D ;D

Now all of that said, before we send the petition to Pope Benedict to have the deceased victim nominated for sainthood, we must recall that he was ramming his car into the officers' vehicle so to paint him as some sort of "innocent" victim I imagine is a stretch.  (Note that in today's world, ANYBODY who is gunned down, regardless of by cop or thug, is lauded as "one of the good guys who never got into trouble and who regularly mowed the neighbor's yards and shoveled their snow".)

My assessment of the situation?  It was the intersection of some street thugs, some of whom wear the uniform and some who do not.  Best outcome is for as many of the participants to get put in the slammer for as long as possible.

As to whose car hit whose first, that will be a fairly simple matter that can be worked out by the accident reconstructionists.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/02/06 at 11:28 am

Now all of that said, before we send the petition to Pope Benedict to have the deceased victim nominated for sainthood, we must recall that he was ramming his car into the officers' vehicle so to paint him as some sort of "innocent" victim I imagine is a stretch.  (Note that in today's world, ANYBODY who is gunned down, regardless of by cop or thug, is lauded as "one of the good guys who never got into trouble and who regularly mowed the neighbor's yards and shoveled their snow".)

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if they'd shoveled some "snow."
;)

Now come on, if you're outside a strip joint at 4:00 a.m. with a hooker and the cops come careening around the corner waving guns, wouldn't your driving skills be sub-optimal? 

They say the wages of sin are death, but I think this guy should have gotten stock options instead!

Check for new replies or respond here...