» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ned Lamont vs. Joe (puke) Lieberman

Written By: Meghan88 on 03/16/06 at 1:19 pm

Anyone voting in the upcoming election needs to vote for Ned Lamont! He's a real Dem with a capital 'D'. AND he's running against the so called professed Democrat Joe Lieberman.....

Donate some money and lend him your time if you live in that area.
Please vote for Ned! Take out Lieberman!

also, visit his website at: http://nedlamont.com/

Subject: Re: Ned Lamont vs. Joe (puke) Lieberman

Written By: Tia on 03/16/06 at 1:21 pm

joe lieberman is a democrat the way zell miller is a democrat.

Written By: gmann on 03/16/06 at 2:04 pm

joe lieberman is a democrat the way zell miller is a democrat.

You mean a conservative Democrat? Does such a creature still exist?  ;) 

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/16/06 at 2:20 pm

I once thought Lieberman was a good guy.  How wrong could I be.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 2:22 pm

I once thought Lieberman was a good guy.  How wrong could I be.

Ditto.

The same goes for Hillary in my mind.

Written By: Tia on 03/16/06 at 2:25 pm

You mean a conservative Democrat? Does such a creature still exist?  ;) 
Well, it's one thing to be a conservative and another to give a speech lambasting your own party at the other party's convention.

Written By: gmann on 03/16/06 at 2:33 pm

Well, it's one thing to be a conservative and another to give a speech lambasting your own party at the other party's convention.

I'd love to lambast both parties at their respective conventions. It's easy to do when you're a registered Independent.  ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 03/19/06 at 3:11 am

Anyone voting in the upcoming election needs to vote for Ned Lamont! He's a real Dem with a capital 'D'. AND he's running against the so called professed Democrat Joe Lieberman.....

Donate some money and lend him your time if you live in that area.
Please vote for Ned! Take out Lieberman!

also, visit his website at: http://nedlamont.com/

I hope Lieberman loses the primary, that way he'll run as an independent and win (see below) and help the republicans maintain control of the senate.

Connecticut Senate
Joe Lieberman (D) 46%
Lowell Weicker (I) 25%
Republican 17%

Joe Lieberman (I) 45%
Ned Lamont (D) 24%
Republican 14%

Connecticut Senate: Lieberman by 20

Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman (D) has angered the left wing of his own party with his position on the war in Iraq. However, Connecticut voters are evenly divided on the question--39% agree with Lieberman's position on Iraq while 40% disagree.

Other survey data suggests that this issue is not a serious obstacle to Lieberman's plans for another six-year term in the U.S. Senate. That's true even if Lieberman were to run as an Independent candidate.

If Lieberman runs as a Democrat and is challenged by former Governor Lowell Weicker running as an independent, Lieberman leads by 21 percentage points--46% to 25%. That's essentially unchanged from our January election poll in Connecticut.

Businessman Ned Lamont is considering a challenge to Lieberman for the Democratic Party nomination. However, if Lamont were to run as a Democrat and Lieberman as an Independent, the incumbent Senator still shows a 20-point advantage and leads Lamont 45% to 24%.

In this match-up, with Lieberman running as an Independent, he leads Lamont by 11 percentage points among voting Democrats. He also wins a solid plurality of Republican and unaffiliated voters against both Lamont and a generic Republican candidate.

Full story

Check for new replies or respond here...