» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Slobodan Milosevic Dies In Prison

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/11/06 at 3:05 pm

He was 64. No matter how you think of this person, the world is rid of one less evil tyrant. ;D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11777120/

Subject: Re: Slobodan Milosevic Dies In Prison

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/11/06 at 3:20 pm

In the words of Powers Boothe in Tombstone:

"Bye".

Written By: La Roche on 03/11/06 at 3:24 pm

Never been a fan of Slobodan. Prick if you ask me.

Good riddance to bad garbage.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/06 at 3:39 pm

I must admit that I was a bit disappointed when I read about this. I wanted to see Justice at work-but of course, some people may say that this IS Justice.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: gmann on 03/11/06 at 4:14 pm

IMO, it's hard to feel sorry for this guy. When one thinks about how many people lost their lives because of his decisions, it's maddening.  :(

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/11/06 at 4:17 pm

Maybe I'm just too much of a bleeding heart but I can't rejoice at anyone's death.  Even ol' Slobodan.  And I'm quite taken aback by some of the responses here.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/11/06 at 5:14 pm

He was 64. No matter how you think of this person, the world is rid of one less evil tyrant. ;D

Slobodan Milosevic is George Bush's bench warmer in Hell

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11781129/site/newsweek/site/newsweek/?GT1=7850

Written By: Powerslave on 03/12/06 at 10:08 am

I certainly won't be losing any sleep over the death of this murderer.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/12/06 at 10:57 am

I must admit that I was a bit disappointed when I read about this. I wanted to see Justice at work-but of course, some people may say that this IS Justice.  :-\\

Cat

I have to admit, Catwoman, I don't quite agree your viewpoint. I'm not one to maliciously inflict cruely on another out of a sense of revenge, though his acts were so terrible. But I think death (in any form) was just enough punishment. Let bygones be bygones, let the world not forget what happened, but let us not dwell on it morbidly either.

Written By: Paul on 03/12/06 at 11:00 am

And I'm quite taken aback by some of the responses here.

I suggest you don't read this one, then...

Good

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/13/06 at 2:54 am

I think this thread would be demonstrative of the darker side of the human mind.

Written By: La Roche on 03/13/06 at 10:53 am

I think this thread would be demonstrative of the darker side of the human mind.

::) Sure.

Hey, want me to give Arkan a call so you two can grieve and hug?

Written By: KKay on 03/13/06 at 11:58 am

Ugh! puh-leeze.
everyone dies, the butcher dies, you die. big deal.
don't feel sorry for people dying..(rather the way they get killed if they do)

The sun will come up brighter without him.

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 12:50 pm

Yeah, my thinking on ole slobo is, kay, later, dude. don't let the door hit you in the a$$.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/13/06 at 2:08 pm

Ugh! puh-leeze.
everyone dies, the butcher dies, you die. big deal.
don't feel sorry for people dying..(rather the way they get killed if they do)

The sun will come up brighter without him.

I'm sorry I guess I just have morals and a HEART.

This makes me sick.

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 2:26 pm

I'm sorry I guess I just have morals and a HEART.

This makes me sick.
Hey, dude was a sick SOB man. His army had rape camps where they filmed themselves raping and murdering women. I'm opposed to capital punishment personally but if anyone deserves to die miserable and alone and be held forever in disgrace and contempt it's this nauseating milosevic freak.

Written By: KKay on 03/13/06 at 2:36 pm

Hey, dude was a sick SOB man. His army had rape camps where they filmed themselves raping and murdering women. I'm opposed to capital punishment personally but if anyone deserves to die miserable and alone and be held forever in disgrace and contempt it's this nauseating milosevic freak.

1. Death happens.
2.  bad guy dead.

I don't see anything wrong with waht people are saying here...of course, you can feel remorse when a person dies..but i have to agree with the man on top here^^^(thanks, schmookums)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/13/06 at 4:14 pm

I'm just very civilized. I don't think anyone's death should be applauded. Plus now Milosevic will never face justice.

I'm a sensitive man.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/13/06 at 4:15 pm

And noone in this thread expect any karma points from me ever again.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/13/06 at 4:26 pm

I'm just very civilized. I don't think anyone's death should be applauded. Plus now Milosevic will never face justice.

I'm a sensitive man.

Some people don't deserve to live.  Slobodan Milosevic is one of those people.  I'm not going to pity him, I'm not going to grieve for him, I'm not even going to show remorse for him.  He brutally murdered people, he showed no respect for human life and now that he's dead.............we're supposed to be upset?  I don't think so.  It's time to take out the garbage, and fortunately he made it to the curb in time.

Now, if you don't want to give anyone karma points anymore, then fine......don't.  I think that's more immature than anything anyone in this thread has sad.

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 4:40 pm

I'm a sensitive man.
I don't know that I'm APPLAUDING his death. I'm pointedly refusing to grieve over it. subtle but meaningful distinction, there.

Anyway, some might say that your position demonstrates an insensitivity toward milosevic's many victims. I'm not sure the location of the moral high ground here is really as clear-cut as you make it sound.

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 4:42 pm

I karmaed you for this. JUST to confuse you!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/06 at 9:30 pm

I'm still all broken up over it! He was innocient, I know he was. We were corresponding. He was going to be set free this spring and then Slobo and I were going to spend the summer together on Fire Island. He told me so. Oh, Slobo, my darling Slobo...
:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/06 at 9:35 pm

OK, check it out, the Dutch docs poured over Slobo's innards for eight hours. They found traces of rifampicin, a drug that

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 10:14 pm

OK, check it out, the Dutch docs poured over Slobo's innards for eight hours. They found traces of rifampicin, a drug that

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 10:16 pm

I'm still all broken up over it! He was innocient, I know he was. We were corresponding. He was going to be set free this spring and then Slobo and I were going to spend the summer together on Fire Island. He told me so. Oh, Slobo, my darling Slobo...

dude, this is gold!

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 10:32 pm

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/wrhmt/mt/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=1&search=milosevic&x=0&y=0

milosevic conspiracy theory central. this dude is a milosevic revisionist, sez the guy wasn't that bad. pretty absurd. but at the same time, if you want a good "why they whacked milosevic" theory, a pro-milosevic guy is probably a good place to start.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:24 am

Uh Oh Spaghettios!!  ;D

;D ;D Dude, me and Arkan went there a few months ago, you SO have to check out the mass graves, they did a great stacking job, v.neat.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:19 pm

Yeah, that's real nice.

What a great bunch you are.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 12:24 pm

Yeah, that's real nice.

hey! i posted some proslobo links. i thought that was a good compromise.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:27 pm

hey! i posted some proslobo links. i thought that was a good compromise.

::)

Congratulations for miscontruing what I said.

I wouldn't consider myself friends with anyone in this thread. Tia, KKay, Maxwell, and La Roche you're all off my buddy list.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:27 pm

I wouldn't consider myself friends with anyone in this thread. Tia, KKay, Maxwell, and La Roche you're all off my buddy list.

Hold me Max.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:31 pm

Maxwell really happened to disappoint me.  I was under the impression he was opposed to the death penalty like myself.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:32 pm

Maxwell really happened to disappoint me.  I was under the impression he was opposed to the death penalty like myself.

As far as I'm aware, this wasn't anything to do with the D.P.
He died.

Now, it could be that he was murderd, that's not the same thing.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 12:42 pm

wow. SOMEbody's having a bad week, i think.

hey, buck up man. i know it's tough getting by without the daily note from slobo (dabbing the cologne on them was a nice personal touch!) but maybe saddam'll be your pen pal or something.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:44 pm

hey, buck up man. i know it's tough getting by without the daily note from slobo (dabbing the cologne on them was a nice personal touch!) but maybe saddam'll be your pen pal or something.

You're just making fun of me now.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:45 pm

Maybe he's having his weekly Howard moment.. but it's not saterday.

The myths are true, you are from the bloodline of Sherlock Holmes!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:47 pm

Maybe he's having his weekly Howard moment.. but it's not saterday.

The myths are true, you are from the bloodline of Sherlock Holmes!

You have no right to do that.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/14/06 at 12:48 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA   ;D  you do make me larf' Max!

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 12:49 pm

well, it sounds harsh if you put it that way, but... yeah, i suppose so.

Just trying to lighten the mood from all the ex-buddiness! I didn't even know we HAD buddy lists. And the really weird part is, I went and looked and kim jong-il is on mine. ??? how'd THAT happen?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:50 pm

Just trying to lighten the mood from all the ex-buddiness! I didn't even know we HAD buddy lists. And the really weird part is, I went and looked and kim jong-il is on mine. ??? how'd THAT happen?

I don't like you anymore.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:51 pm

;D What a whore, Kim's on my E-mail list.

Checking through my cell phone I have Mugabe and and Hu Jintao on speed dial.

Are we not invited to your party?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/14/06 at 12:52 pm

I know you're not meant to speak ill of the dead, but I agree the world is rid of a tyrant - a tyrannical bastard imo.

Hope it was painful SLOB.

He was a slimeball of the highest order.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:54 pm

Why are you guys acting so mean?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/14/06 at 12:54 pm

;D What a whore, Kim's on my E-mail list.

Checking through my cell phone I have Mugabe and and Hu Jintao on speed dial.

Are we not invited to your party?

Edited.

LMAO   ;D  Arn't you the namedropper!

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 12:55 pm

Edited.

LMAO  ;D  Arn't you the namedropper!

Making a friend takes a moment, being a friend takes a lifetime.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:56 pm

I never did anything to get treated this way.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 12:57 pm

Well I love you man. Kim richards has a new movie coming out. therefore I love everyone. You can't reach me! you can't damage my joy!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 12:59 pm

You guys have zero respect for me, obviously.  You're making fun of me viciously and for what?  My opinion?  Because I refuse to rejoice over death no matter who it is?  Try and think about that.  Ok maybe you don't agree, but to make fun of me when you know the problems I have is inconsiderate.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:00 pm

Well I love you man. Kim richards has a new movie coming out. therefore I love everyone. You can't reach me! you can't damage my joy!

Why would I want to damage your joy? ???

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:03 pm

Why are you guys acting so mean?

Wow....I step away for on ehour and this happens!!!!

Dont you think that its safe to assume that EVEYONE has the basic human mores and sympathies needed to function in daily life!
Dont you think that if someone we love dies, we are sad?  dont' you think in all these forums and threads we all can retaliate if we want and express ourselves if we want?
it's not that bad!

Slobodan Milosevic died.  the end.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:05 pm

Wow....I step away for on ehour and this happens!!!!

Dont you think that its safe to assume that EVEYONE has the basic human mores and sympathies needed to function in daily life!
Dont you think that if someone we love dies, we are sad?  dont' you think in all these forums and threads we all can retaliate if we want and express ourselves if we want?
it's not that bad!

Slobodan Milosevic died.  the end.

Maybe it seems that way to YOU but my feelings are very hurt here.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 1:05 pm

You guys have zero respect for me, obviously.  You're making fun of me viciously and for what?  My opinion?  Because I refuse to rejoice over death no matter who it is?  Try and think about that.  Ok maybe you don't agree, but to make fun of me when you know the problems I have is inconsiderate.
Sorry you're taking this so hard but there's nothing on this thread that remotely approximates being "vicious" that I can see.

Anyway, I apologize for the fact that we're all such heartless kitteneating bastards.

(Come on, though, you have to admit the kim jong-il joke was sorta funny though.)

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:07 pm

Sorry you're taking this so hard but there's nothing on this thread that remotely approximates being "vicious" that I can see.

Anyway, I apologize for the fact that we're all such heartless kitteneating bastards.

(Come on, though, you have to admit the kim jong-il joke was sorta funny though.)

I wasn't even here and I'm chiming in with Tia's sentiment

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:08 pm

I just don't like being made fun of like that.  Especially when I honestly felt the way I did about my position.  Maybe I'm a wimp.  I don't care though because I can't take it, to be honest.

And what hurt my feelings the worst was that you guys act like you did nothing now and you don't care how I feel.

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 1:08 pm

Why would I want to damage your joy? ???
You don't want to be my friend anymore!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:10 pm

You don't want to be my friend anymore!

Just because you don't wish to be friends with someone doesn't mean you wish to make them miserable..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:13 pm

You guys are acting just like all of the people who used to make fun of me back in school.  I guess some things never change.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:14 pm

You guys are acting just like all of the people who used to make fun of me back in school.  I guess some things never change.

The big BIG differnce here is we've never met. WE hardly know each other AT ALL....so it's hard for me to dislike people...how can it be personal AT ALL when the people here are slightly more than imaginary?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:16 pm

The big BIG differnce here is we've never met. WE hardly know each other AT ALL....so it's hard for me to dislike people...how can it be personal AT ALL when the people here are slightly more than imaginary?

It seems like more to me.  The people here are the ones I talk to most of the time, other than my uncle.  I don't have any friends here or any type of social life.  My social life is here on the net, so thats why it means something to me.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:24 pm

It seems like more to me.  The people here are the ones I talk to most of the time, other than my uncle.  I don't have any friends here or any type of social life.  My social life is here on the net, so thats why it means something to me.

In that case, I think you should know that sometimes the heart to hearts here are great- and the people are nice and they listen and they help.  But sometimes it';s not that way. but if it were real life, the ones you feel are being mean would not necessarliy be the ones throwing jello and calling names.  they are sitting at home giggling to themselves.
don't worry about it.
please don't feel so bad.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:27 pm

In that case, I think you should know that sometimes the heart to hearts here are great- and the people are nice and they listen and they help.  But sometimes it';s not that way. but if it were real life, the ones you feel are being mean would not necessarliy be the ones throwing jello and calling names.  they are sitting at home giggling to themselves.
don't worry about it.
please don't feel so bad.

I see what you're saying.  I think people should just think sometimes about if what they are saying is funny to others.  I'm sure to the people who used to mess with me and make me feel like crap as a kid that alot of them found it humorous. Know what I mean?

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:30 pm

I see what you're saying.  I think people should just think sometimes about if what they are saying is funny to others.  I'm sure to the people who used to mess with me and make me feel like crap as a kid that alot of them found it humorous. Know what I mean?

I sure do.  So don't take it personally.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:33 pm

But just because you think it's funny doesn't mean I do.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:33 pm

I know.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:34 pm

WAaaaaaaaiiiiiiittt...
No I"m patching up and everyone splits!

That's what I get.
I"m off to scold each of you individually....

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:36 pm

Well it really bothers me when you make fun of me for what I said. Especially when it's taken out of context by making jokes like Hitler being on your buddy list.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:37 pm

Well it really bothers me when you make fun of me for what I said. Especially when it's taken out of context by making jokes like Hitler being on your buddy list.

You have that wrong

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:38 pm

You have that wrong

Well that makes sense to me.

I don't see where I'm wrong here.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:42 pm

Well that makes sense to me.

I don't see where I'm wrong here.

taht was a reference to a long line of hitler jokes,....nothing to do with you...and if you think everything has to do with you you will always feel bad.
besides us talking about thins, no one has said anything mean in a very long time.

I htink Ive said enough on the topic -

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 1:44 pm

He was making the references to Hitler being on his buddy list to take a jab at me for what I said about Milosevic.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 1:57 pm

He was making the references to Hitler being on his buddy list to take a jab at me for what I said about Milosevic.

Believe what you want.
I tried.
i'll not read these replies agian in this thread.

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 1:58 pm

Are you calling me a whore ??? >:(

Look, he died.  I'm not going to throw a party, but I'm not going to break down in tears.  Yes, I wish he had been fully brought to justice, but, IMO, the only "justice" for him would be death so I guess it's a win-win situation...

Your last name Il Jong?  ;D

I fail to see the big deal here. That was far more of a jab at me, I think the problem here is your version of humor is obviously very different to ours. I've not attempted to make you break down and cry, just a bit of ribbing. I do that with everybody I know, it's unfortunate that you can't take it, I suppose a good idea would be to just treat everything you say as if it were 100% serious, I assume you're always 100% serious?

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 2:01 pm

It was meant more in the spirit of a good-natured ribbing, I don't see it as taking "jabs." You have to realize, though, that if you start off in a thread with, everyone on this thread is indifferent to human life and I don't want to be friends with anyone on this thread anymore, the collective response is likely to be a touch more prickly than you might like. :)

Written By: La Roche on 03/14/06 at 2:03 pm

It was meant more in the spirit of a good-natured ribbing, I don't see it as taking "jabs." You have to realize, though, that if you start off in a thread with, everyone on this thread is indifferent to human life and I don't want to be friends with anyone on this thread anymore, the collective response is likely to be a touch more prickly than you might like. :)

Exactly.

If your going to be childish and not even listen to people's opinions then you have to expect people to be childish in reponse.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 2:10 pm

Well I really didn't understand the responses here.  I'm anti-DP and I don't really see the difference in anybody dying.  I think that it's always tragic on some level.

Your last name Il Jong?  ;D

I fail to see the big deal here. That was far more of a jab at me, I think the problem here is your version of humor is obviously very different to ours. I've not attempted to make you break down and cry, just a bit of ribbing. I do that with everybody I know, it's unfortunate that you can't take it, I suppose a good idea would be to just treat everything you say as if it were 100% serious, I assume you're always 100% serious?

Well I grew up somewhere where I was made fun of all the time and I didn't even have friends for support. So it's still hard for me to deal with someone making fun of me, and I still have a really tough time with the idea of "good-natured ribbing".

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 2:19 pm

Whenever I see the acronym "DP" you know what I think? Hint: it's not "death penalty."

*sob* I want to be pure as the driven snow! But I'm not!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 2:21 pm

Whenever I see the acronym "DP" you know what I think? Hint: it's not "death penalty."

What do you think of?

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 2:36 pm

Okay, so we can't imply anything negative about you, but it's perfectly fine to imply that we're all heartless and amoral because we won't lose any sleep over someone who was evil dying?  I'll remember that next time ::)

well said.

All this advice giving is already too much attention!!!  We have to drop it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 2:39 pm

Okay, so we can't imply anything negative about you, but it's perfectly fine to imply that we're all heartless and amoral because we won't lose any sleep over someone who was evil dying?  I'll remember that next time ::)

First of all I don't believe in "evil". Theres no such thing as black hats and white hats, you know?

I'm sorry for being so weak and hypocritical.  I already know I'm going to spend my life alone so you don't have to remind me I'm a loser.
well said.

So you're just going to ignore me?  :\'( Please don't.  I'm sorry, ok? I'm just alone and bitter I didn't mean harm.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 2:40 pm

To tell the truth I'm still pissy because the other night in PPP when I asked for someone to talk to noone really wanted to.  I just feel isolated.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/14/06 at 2:44 pm

So, what would you call him?  A bit misguided?

Crazy.

I apologize to everyone. I'm just lashing out because I feel bad and I guess I was wanting some attention too- KKay was right about that.  I didn't like how my IM thread over in PPP was mostly looked over, and people didn't really respond in the positive to my offer to talk.  I'm very lonely.  My dad's just been an ahole since he got out of prison and my brother pretty much ignores me because of his stupid family.  My best friend from high school, Keith lives hundreds of miles from here and stays to busy between his dance and class to really stay in touch on a regular basis, and my best friend from since I was a little kid doesn't live here either. He lives in Dallas which is closer than my other friend, but he stays busy with his choir/school and his stupid girlfriend who he's moved in at his house now.

Everything sucks.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/14/06 at 2:55 pm

Look, he died.  I'm not going to throw a party, but I'm not going to break down in tears.  Yes, I wish he had been fully brought to justice, but, IMO, the only "justice" for him would be death so I guess it's a win-win situation...

Well, what happened is exactly what would have happened if he had finished his trial: Life in prison.

And old Slobodan spent the remainder of his life in prison, and now he is dead.

Hopefully, the families of the over 200,000 dead can now live easier, knowing that this monster is gone.

And now the Serbs have a new martyr to use when they want to go and tear through more Muslim communities.

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 2:58 pm

Crazy.

I apologize to everyone. I'm just lashing out because I feel bad

Everything sucks.

dont apologise.
it's just that 1. no need to feel bad here. 2. it was good that you stood up for yourself so don't go reversing into being apologetic.
3.  you can still have a good time and no one is going to think anything about it....it might come back to haunt you, but they are not spears, it's not mean. 4. he's stilldead and so what.

so sit up and get over it and feel better!!!!!
you have friends here so relax!

why would I go on all day about this?!!!

hey....why would I?!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/14/06 at 3:26 pm

Yeah, that's real nice.

Take a chill pill, dude.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/14/06 at 4:21 pm

I never did anything to get treated this way.

What's up? I see your posts saying you feel left out - why do you feel like that??

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/14/06 at 4:26 pm

well said.

Too right.  The thread is about Slobodan Milosevic!!

Written By: KKay on 03/14/06 at 4:37 pm

Too right.  The thread is about Slobodan Milosevic!!

Thank you.  Moving on to the next comment about his death, please.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 03/14/06 at 9:09 pm

Plus now Milosevic will never face justice.

Maybe if the United Nations wasn't so incompetent.  How long has his trial been going on now?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/14/06 at 10:08 pm

He killed people. I certainly don't think that should be overlooked. It was well deserved. So sayonara, I say.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/14/06 at 10:51 pm

Well....I read through this thread..and I just don't get what the big deal was over this....I mean, he wasn't put to death...so the whole idea of the death penalty is irrelevant, IMO.  The dude died...he was a jerk...so therefore, nobody is really mourning for him, etc.  That's about it.  Nothing to take personally, get offended about, or whatever....things are really taken too seriously sometimes...jeez. ::)

Written By: Tia on 03/14/06 at 10:53 pm

Well....I read through this thread..and I just don't get what the big deal was over this....I mean, he wasn't put to death...so the whole idea of the death penalty is irrelevant, IMO.  The dude died...he was a jerk...so therefore, nobody is really mourning for him, etc.  That's about it.  Nothing to take personally, get offended about, or whatever....things are really taken too seriously sometimes...jeez. ::)
i'm totally down with chalking it up to folks being in a bad mood. i think the moon might be a bit full, too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/14/06 at 10:55 pm

i'm totally down with chalking it up to folks being in a bad mood. i think the moon might be a bit full, too.

it must be! ;)

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 9:37 am

Right now Krusty's up in heaven with all those other great dead celebrities:
John Dillinger, Ty Cobb, Josef Stalin (sigh) I wish I were dead.  -Homer

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 9:53 am

Maybe if the United Nations wasn't so incompetent. 
yeah, damn united nations. last time they tried to "liberate" a country, they just ended up squandering tens of thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars, only to spark a bloody, full-on civil war.

cracks me up when you guys talk about "competence." :)

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 12:09 pm

Right now Krusty's up in heaven with all those other great dead celebrities:
John Dillinger, Ty Cobb, Josef Stalin (sigh) I wish I were dead.  -Homer

He forgot to mention my dad..

Written By: gmann on 03/15/06 at 12:43 pm

yeah, damn united nations. last time they tried to "liberate" a country, they just ended up squandering tens of thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars, only to spark a bloody, full-on civil war.

cracks me up when you guys talk about "competence." :)

Alternative solutions? Sarcasm doesn't suit you, Tia.  :)

Oh, this just in...former dictator Slobodan Milosevic is *still* dead. Film at 11.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 12:55 pm

Alternative solutions?

are you serious?

alternative to what? the foreign policy of the last five years hasn't been a "solution" to anything. it's actually been a series of new, intractable problems that will take a generation to solve once the current gang of idiots gets out of office.

the status quo would have been a better "solution." as would have been anything that would have averted this disastrous war.

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 1:08 pm

Ok, from left to right..

Arkan, Kim Il Jong, Slobo

Fidel, Saddam, Omar el Bashier, Mugabe

Hu Jintao, Yasser Arafat

Dude, I assume you took the photo?

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 1:09 pm

Genius. again.

I'm gong to your bar.  As long as you got rid of that loud, annoying italian waitress.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/15/06 at 1:10 pm

Ok, from left to right..

Arkan, Kim Il Jong, Slobo

Fidel, Saddam, Omar el Bashier, Mugabe

Hu Jintao, Yasser Arafat

Dude, I assume you took the photo?

LOL....that one deserved a karma! ;)

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 1:13 pm

Oo! When you see them all at once like that it's so hard to pick a favorite.

My favorite, though, isn't even on there: idi amin! Idi amin rocks. There's a kim richards movie called "raid on entebbe" that features the black dude from "alien" playing idi amin and he's magnificent! Simultaneously hilarious and scary and hell. "we will treat you humanely, but... and this is very important... do not attempt to escape or we will gun you down."

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 1:15 pm

My favorite, though, isn't even on there: idi amin! Idi amin rocks. There's a kim richards movie called "raid on entebbe" that features the black dude from "alien" playing idi amin and he's magnificent! Simultaneously hilarious and scary and hell. "we will treat you humanely, but... and this is very important... do not attempt to escape or we will gun you down."

My favourite is still Arkan.
He's so under-rated.

Next season man, WOOO! He's gonna rack up a serious Kill to Wound average I tell you what.

Plus he has such a pretty smile.

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 1:16 pm

So La Roche...you stole that line from a movie!!!

It is hard to pick a favorite.
Mugabe can be cute.
http://mugabe.netfirms.com/images/teddy.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 1:43 pm

So La Roche...you stole that line from a movie!!!

It is hard to pick a favorite.
Mugabe can be cute.
http://mugabe.netfirms.com/images/teddy.jpg

Kay! Look at Arkan's hat, it just say's "I'm a fun loving guy, come, let's go for a beer and I'll tell you about the Bosnian family I had executed on Tuesday"

Written By: gmann on 03/15/06 at 1:53 pm

are you serious?

As serious as a heart attack.

alternative to what? the foreign policy of the last five years hasn't been a "solution" to anything. it's actually been a series of new, intractable problems that will take a generation to solve once the current gang of idiots gets out of office.

the status quo would have been a better "solution." as would have been anything that would have averted this disastrous war.

The current war aside, I'm more concerned with how the UN will handle future issues of this sort. We're either concerned about human right, etc...or we don't give a damn. I think the more humantarian element among use still wonder why we haven't stuck our collective noses into the business in Sudan. Most people aren't even aware that some serious crap is going down over there, and yet we keep talking about how we want the best for our fellow man...blah blah blah. What has the UN done for those poor people? Anyone? Beuller? I suppose the answer involves something about Africa not having a large amount of the world's oil supply.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 2:20 pm

As serious as a heart attack.

The current war aside, I'm more concerned with how the UN will handle future issues of this sort. We're either concerned about human right, etc...or we don't give a damn. I think the more humantarian element among use still wonder why we haven't stuck our collective noses into the business in Sudan. Most people aren't even aware that some serious crap is going down over there, and yet we keep talking about how we want the best for our fellow man...blah blah blah. What has the UN done for those poor people? Anyone? Beuller? I suppose the answer involves something about Africa not having a large amount of the world's oil supply.

Well, the UN is a body for establishing dialog between the world's nations, no? I'm not sure the UN on its own can do much about Sudan, given it has a negligible military force and isn't really a centralized decision-making body. That said, I believe the UN and, there is in fact a little-known organization of African nations that's analogous to the UN, these are the only two big international presences in sudan right now, that and NGOs like the red cross. I could be wrong. Anyway, it's pretty obvious this administration isn't going to do anything about it, and yeah, absence of "strategic interest" probably has something to do with it.

Nigeria actually has a buttload of oil. There's lots of corporate interest in minerals, and, of course, diamonds in the southern region. But the model in Africa is different from the ME, I think -- in Africa corporations have adapted to working in chaotic, anarchic environments, whereas in ME it's all about stability through repressive corporate-friendly client dictatorships. Either way it's a cynical game being played and putative concern for human rights strikes me a dog-and-pony show to cover up this fact.

to keep on topic: slobo check!

Yup. Still no longer woofus.

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 2:50 pm

Kay! Look at Arkan's hat, it just say's "I'm a fun loving guy, come, let's go for a beer and I'll tell you about the Bosnian family I had executed on Tuesday"

And you know what? I would. 
He's a breezy kinda guy.
AND he pulls out a chair for a lady.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 3:08 pm

Someone should start a "best fascist dictator" thread. I'd do it but I'm too busy.

Make sure idi's on there!

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:08 pm

Someone should start a "best fascist dictator" thread. I'd do it but I'm too busy.

Make sure idi's on there!

My daddy would so win!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:56 pm

Okay, Tia, KKay, and La Roche,  I added you all back onto my buddy list. :)

Oh and La Roche, I've figured you out buddy.  Yeah,  I know you,  you used to come over to the house every Sunday and eat chicken.  Yeah, I know you. ;D

You find humor in a lot of what you do.. I think people sometimes take you a bit too much at face value(like me).

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:58 pm

Okay, Tia, KKay, and La Roche,  I added you all back onto my buddy list. :)

Oh and La Roche, I've figured you out buddy.  Yeah,  I know you,  you used to come over to the house every Sunday and eat chicken.  Yeah, I know you. ;D

You find humor in a lot of what you do.. I think people sometimes take you a bit too much at face value(like me).

S'Ok Pal. You're correct, I'm pretty much incapable of being serious.

You still serve tater tots with yer Chicken?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 5:02 pm

S'Ok Pal. You're correct, I'm pretty much incapable of being serious.

You still serve tater tots with yer Chicken?

WITH Cheddar cheese. :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 5:34 pm

I see you still haven't replied.

...may I entice you with some GARLIC as well?

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 5:35 pm

I see you still haven't replied.

...may I entice with you with some GARLIC as well?

Throw in an eighth of your finest and we have a deal.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 5:36 pm

We all know how you FRENCHIES like cheese and garlic, and making love with your face.

Hehehehe... my daddy's got money..

Wanna do some coke? You can watch me and Laura make out.. ah CRAP did I say that on T.V.?

;D Jeebus I am bizarre.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 5:37 pm

Throw in an eighth of your finest and we have a deal.

*singing* "No stems no seeds that you don't need..."

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 5:38 pm

We all know how you FRENCHIES like cheese and garlic, and making love with your face.

Hehehehe... my daddy's got money..

Wanna do some coke? You can watch me and Laura make out.. ah CRAP did I say that on T.V.?

;D Jeebus I am bizarre.

My face could do twice what your crotch could.

My Daddy had money, it's still in a swiss bank account, he died a few years ago.. nearly 60 years now.
Did I mention I was cloned?

*singing* "No stems no seeds that you don't need..."

Eat the seeds boy, eat the seeds.

Written By: KKay on 03/16/06 at 10:31 am

My face could do twice what your crotch could.

It's true, you know.

and more than once.

Written By: spaceace on 03/16/06 at 2:37 pm

So, a War Criminal died in prison.  Kkay's right, life goes on!  I hear reports that said he may have been poisoned.  ::)  Who doused the tapioca pudding?

Written By: gmann on 03/16/06 at 4:11 pm

So, a War Criminal died in prison.  Kkay's right, life goes on!  I hear reports that said he may have been poisoned.  ::)  Who doused the tapioca pudding?

Alright, I'll admit it. It was I who did the deed.  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 4:19 pm

I still stand by my original point, btw.

Written By: spaceace on 03/16/06 at 4:33 pm

Gotta give ya credit.  If you did poison him, you were humane. (If it means anything to you) :)

Written By: Tia on 03/16/06 at 5:41 pm

they had a showing for his casket, real low-key, no socialist fanfare, but hundreds of people apparently showed up to kiss the casket and stuff.

the one time where i actually started to feel what you're feeling on this was when i read about a relative -- i think it might have been one of his sons? a brother? i can't actually remember -- went to pick up his body. every death is awful for the relatives, for sure, and who knows? he might have been good to his kids, in the way even the nazis were sometimes good family men. it didn't make me grieve their deaths any more, but i'm sure there are good people who grieve for milosevic the way a mom grieves for his serial killer son when he gets the electric chair. and to the extent they're blameless for his crimes, i DO feel sorta bad for them. but i can't bring myself to feel bad for HIM.

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/06 at 5:52 pm

He was a waste of space.  Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 5:54 pm

He was a waste of space.  Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

Lady I'll give my sympathy to whoever I please.

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/06 at 5:56 pm

Lady I'll give my sympathy to whoever I please.

Okay love - you do that  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 5:59 pm

Okay love - you do that  ::)

Well what right do you have to come in here and tell me I'm wrong for how I feel about something?

Because I won't rejoice over death? (no matter who it is)

And then when I tell you to stay out of my business you have the audacity to roll your eyes.  What's your problem?

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/06 at 6:06 pm

Well what right do you have to come in here and tell me I'm wrong for how I feel about something?

And then when I tell you to stay out of my business you have the audacity to roll your eyes.  What's your problem?

Nothing love  :)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 6:08 pm

I just started going through this thread when I stumbled across this quote:

I'm still laughing my ass off. Karma point to Tia!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 6:13 pm

Okay.

Well, I'm entitled to my opinion.  That's all. 

And if it makes me worse in anyone here's eyes, I can't help that.

I'm still laughing my ass off. Karma point to Tia!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't get it. ???

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 6:47 pm

THIS!! Is why I want to move to Australia.

It took two words.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:45 pm

Don't make me start another argument about herpes.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/16/06 at 10:11 pm

it's getting hot in here again!! :D

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 10:13 pm

I didn't know that was a side effect of herpes..  ???

Ok! I'll stop..  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/06 at 10:17 pm

Don't make me start another argument about herpes.

Slobo had herpes? Whaaaat?
The things you people start chattering about as soon as I turn my back! It's so hard to keep up with these threads!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 10:18 pm

The things you people start chattering about as soon as I turn my back! It's so hard to keep up with these threads!
I heard a rumor that Arkan gave it to him.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 10:18 pm

;D

Ya know, he was a busy man... a very busy man. Although I think crabs was more Slobo's thing.. he never looked to be in that much pain, just.. uncomfortable.

I heard a rumor that Arkan gave it to him.

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE GOOD NAME OF ARKAN!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/06 at 10:24 pm

;D

Ya know, he was a busy man... a very busy man. Although I think crabs was more Slobo's thing.. he never looked to be in that much pain, just.. uncomfortable.

I don't have the frame of reference, pal, I managed to luck out in that department!
;)

Written By: Tia on 03/16/06 at 10:24 pm

I'm still laughing my ass off. Karma point to Tia!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
oh yeah. albert gets it. and he should be ashamed of himself! ;)

another hint: a TP would be one more.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/06 at 10:33 pm

Now there is a rumor that Slobo did not die. He escaped. He is heading for Vegas where he will do a lounge singer act under the name "Dan Milo."
:D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/16/06 at 10:46 pm

*Resists urge to post Nelly lyric*

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:50 pm

That would just be painful :-\\  DP isn't so bad ;)

:o *swallows his gum*

Yes, well..

Written By: Tia on 03/16/06 at 11:33 pm

:o *swallows his gum*
that's GP.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 11:59 pm

that's GP.

Gum Penetration? ???

Written By: Tia on 03/17/06 at 12:07 am

Gum Penetration? ???
applause for the man who solved the mystery.

;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 12:05 pm

Yes well getting back to the subject of discussion  :D

I see SLOBS family were deliberately missing from the funeral cortege today, understandably worried incase some crackshot marksman might put a bullet through one of their 'eds.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/18/06 at 12:09 pm

Yes well getting back to the subject of discussion  :D

I see SLOBS family were deliberately missing from the funeral cortege today, understandably worried incase some crackshot marksman might put a bullet through one of their 'eds.

Maybe they all just didn't like the old SOB any more than the rest of us!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 12:48 pm

..maybe?  can you believe some mourners were actually throwing garlands of flowers over the funeral car.

Pity tyrants Mugabi, Gadafi and chums can't be lassoed in and dealt with, incredibly they still evade any type of accountability for their main parts in victious dictatorships.

Written By: gmann on 03/18/06 at 1:11 pm

The AP quotes former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark saying "It is critically important to remember his struggle to preserve Yugoslavia."  ??? Unless my memory is failing me, didn't Milosevic *start* a war that led to the breakup of Yugoslavia? 

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:27 pm

Yes because I know I sure do form my opinion on the guy dying based on whether or not I personally like him.  I mean, it

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 1:33 pm

You know what's a great idea? Let's torture Saddam!

Sounds good.  You get the branding iron, I'll get the hot oil.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:35 pm

Sounds good.  You get the branding iron, I'll get the hot oil.

Would you also like to wipe your a$$ with the Constitution?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 3:07 pm

Would you also like to wipe your a$$ with the Constitution?

After all the tortures, rapes, atrocities, horrors and unspeakable crimes he inflicted on his own people.......if he thinks he's above getting the same treatment, he's crazy.  He's not an American, he's not being tried in American courts, therefore he's not subject to our laws.  Treat him like they would any murderer in Iraq.  He deserves nothing less.

I say beat the sh*t out of him on national television and let the families of the people he brutally murdered take the first few swings/kicks.  Or let the families of the solidiers who've been killed by his supporters since we've been in Iraq take some swings.  Nothing is too brutal or inhumane.

You know, your false indignation is pretty laughable.  I can't even believe for one second that ANYONE would feel ANY measure of sympathy for Saddam Hussein or Slobodan Milosovic.  They don't deserve your pity, so spare it on people more worthy.  You're taking up a cause for show; that's almost as pathetic as actually meaning it.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 4:16 pm

After all the tortures, rapes, atrocities, horrors and unspeakable crimes he inflicted on his own people.......if he thinks he's above getting the same treatment, he's crazy.  He's not an American, he's not being tried in American courts, therefore he's not subject to our laws.  Treat him like they would any murderer in Iraq.  He deserves nothing less.

I say beat the sh*t out of him on national television and let the families of the people he brutally murdered take the first few swings/kicks.  Or let the families of the solidiers who've been killed by his supporters since we've been in Iraq take some swings.  Nothing is too brutal or inhumane.

You know, your false indignation is pretty laughable.  I can't even believe for one second that ANYONE would feel ANY measure of sympathy for Saddam Hussein or Slobodan Milosovic.  They don't deserve your pity, so spare it on people more worthy.  You're taking up a cause for show; that's almost as pathetic as actually meaning it.

Edited

I agree..the violent penalties these guys dish out should be standard for everyone including themselves.
Does everyone realise (I'm sure most here do) that in some Middle Eastern countries, thieves get their hands chopped off.
..and how come saddam is managing to manipulate the courts and jurys over there ffs?? if it was you or I in the Dock the trial would proceed regardless of any fuss we made.  Let's hope this vile moron gets his 'just desserts' before he snuffs it too.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 4:26 pm

I don't feel any measure of sympathy for Slobodan Milosevic.  However I don't applaud the man's death because I don't support knee-jerk, fool-hearty, revenge.  I support justice, and now Milosevic will never face it.  Maybe you should think about that. 

P.S.
You can question my motives all you want honey.  I don't care.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/18/06 at 4:31 pm

Many of those families were within his inner circle and let him get away with it in order to maintain their own standard of living.  They should be there along with him.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 8:21 pm

I don't feel any measure of sympathy for Slobodan Milosevic.  However I don't applaud the man's death because I don't support knee-jerk, fool-hearty, revenge.  I support justice, and now Milosevic will never face it.  Maybe you should think about that. 

Oh, I've thought about it plenty, "honey".

Justice will come the day Saddam Hussein never draws another breath.  He'll get what he's got coming, only it will be coming from a much higher authority.  Where he's going......justice will be served.  I'm not worried about it one bit. 

If you can't understand why people are glad that scum like Milosovic are gone........why should we be sorry?  He's dead.  Good.  He showed no mercy on his own people, he showed no mercy on anyone.....why should we now feel bad that he's dead and whine and cry that he'll never be "punished".  Do you really think a lifetime in prison was going to make him sorry for what he did?  Do you really think he'd fall on his knees and beg for forgiveness?  I think not.  People like him don't change.  They kill without thought because that part of the brain that makes you feel compassion for human beings doesn't work.  Nothing would make him feel the rage and pain that he forced those people to go through.  Nothing less than a trip to the great beyond would do for him.  If the court awarded him death.....and then killed him.....he'd be no more dead than he is right now, and people would say the same things then that they're saying now.  Who cares if there is no "official" pronouncement of guilt?  Do you really think there are people who don't think he did what everyone accused him of doing?  Do you think the survivors and victims' families care that there was no official verdict/sentence? 

Justice has been served.  Let him rot in hell where he belongs.

Written By: La Roche on 03/18/06 at 9:04 pm

If the court awarded him death.....and then killed him.....he'd be no more dead than he is right now, and people would say the same things then that they're saying now.  Who cares if there is no "official" pronouncement of guilt?  Do you really think there are people who don't think he did what everyone accused him of doing?  Do you think the survivors and victims' families care that there was no official verdict/sentence? 

HOORAH, WE AGREE!  ;D

Excellent point.

I think it's clear beyond the point of any doubt, he was very guilty, he never received an 'official' sentence, but the one he got is good enough for me.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 11:33 pm

Oh, I've thought about it plenty, "honey".

Justice will come the day Saddam Hussein never draws another breath.  He'll get what he's got coming, only it will be coming from a much higher authority.  Where he's going......justice will be served.  I'm not worried about it one bit. 

If you can't understand why people are glad that scum like Milosovic are gone........why should we be sorry?  He's dead.  Good.  He showed no mercy on his own people, he showed no mercy on anyone.....why should we now feel bad that he's dead and whine and cry that he'll never be "punished".  Do you really think a lifetime in prison was going to make him sorry for what he did?  Do you really think he'd fall on his knees and beg for forgiveness?  I think not.  People like him don't change.  They kill without thought because that part of the brain that makes you feel compassion for human beings doesn't work.  Nothing would make him feel the rage and pain that he forced those people to go through.  Nothing less than a trip to the great beyond would do for him.  If the court awarded him death.....and then killed him.....he'd be no more dead than he is right now, and people would say the same things then that they're saying now.  Who cares if there is no "official" pronouncement of guilt?  Do you really think there are people who don't think he did what everyone accused him of doing?  Do you think the survivors and victims' families care that there was no official verdict/sentence? 

Justice has been served.  Let him rot in hell where he belongs.

I'm sorry but I believe that justice comes from the courts.  Perhaps you see his death as being "justice" on some sort of cosmic level, but I don't believe in any high power .  Milosevic dying falls more under the category of "sh!t happens" in my mind, not poetic justice.

I guess that's where you and me see this differently.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/19/06 at 5:51 pm

I'm off to get the gibbets ready.

Check for new replies or respond here...