» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Letterman turning into a jerk???

Written By: saver on 01/09/06 at 9:05 pm

Didn't get to see this but believe I saw it other times as well...

BillO'Reilly was a gueat on the Late Night Show last week and just before coming out into a heated engagement with Daddy Dave....Mr. L(losin it) stirred the water O'Reilly was to DRINK if needed with his little ole pencil eraser...naturally when Bill came out, needed a drink, grabbed for the mug the audience let out a laugh as they had advance notice of the prank...Gee would Letterman have done that to Hillary and if so...wouldn't someone be blasting him worldwide??

??? ??? ???

Subject: Re: Letterman turning into a jerk???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 9:53 pm

Uh, where have you been for the past twenty-five years?  Letterman is and always was a jerk!  It's part of his schtick.  He was a jerk when I watched him every night back in the '80s.  I just liked him better when he was the underdog to the Tonight Show.  Early Letterman had the same feeling as early Saturday Night Live.  It was sort of a nod and a wink, "We know you're up late watching this crap because you have no life!"  When Letterman moved to the 11:30 spot and got a bigger budget and started getting paid a zillion dollars a season, the show lost its appeal to me.
Anyway, I applaud Letterman ripping into Bill O'Reilly!  If anything, Letterman was too nice.  I would have loved to see O'Reilly spaz-out and storm off the set!
"Hey, Paul, where did he go?"
"What?  Did I miss something, Dave?"
;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/06 at 7:06 am

I agree with Max, Letterman has always been a jerk, some people like to call it "an edge", but that is not
what it is.  If O'Reilly ever watched Letterman than he knew what he was getting into, much like when the
Clintons invited Imus to dinner, and he made an a$$hole out of himself, while trying to do the same to them In Lettermans case it worked.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/11/06 at 1:51 pm

Didn't get to see this but believe I saw it other times as well...

BillO'Reilly was a gueat on the Late Night Show last week and just before coming out into a heated engagement with Daddy Dave....Mr. L(losin it) stirred the water O'Reilly was to DRINK if needed with his little ole pencil eraser...naturally when Bill came out, needed a drink, grabbed for the mug the audience let out a laugh as they had advance notice of the prank...Gee would Letterman have done that to Hillary and if so...wouldn't someone be blasting him worldwide??

??? ??? ???

Letterman hasn't "turned" into anything.  I remember watching him when I was a little kid and thinking he was very arrogant and snobbish towards other people.  Then watching older episodes and seeing he was a jerk before my time.  I certainly don't hate the guy and find him quite entertaining sometimes, but he's a jerk none the less.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 5:02 pm

I agree with Max, Letterman has always been a jerk, some people like to call it "an edge", but that is not
what it is.  If O'Reilly ever watched Letterman than he knew what he was getting into, much like when the
Clintons invited Imus to dinner, and he made an a$$hole out of himself, while trying to do the same to them In Lettermans case it worked.

;D I love the I man..

Written By: STAR70 on 01/11/06 at 7:23 pm

just because Dave kicked the living sh1t out of that stupid @sshole O'Reilly dosen't make him a jerk.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/06 at 1:09 am

Sometimes it takes a big jerk to make an even bigger jerk show just how big a jerk he really is!
:D

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/06 at 1:30 am

24 years and 2 networks later, Dave is still a jerk, and I love it.  The man cracks me up  ;D

Dave often ridicules his guests, makes fun of them, but they keep coming back because they know what he is like, and it's all in humour/fun. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/06 at 1:48 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/12/06 at 1:53 am

I think I'm going to make a thread called "Giraldo Rivera turning into a dork???"  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/06 at 1:56 am

I think I'm going to make a thread called "Giraldo Rivera turning into a dork???"  ;D

If you look up "Shameless" in the dictionary, you see a picture of Geraldo!
::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/06 at 2:13 am

If I open up that thread, will someone throw a chair at me?  ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/12/06 at 9:37 am

bill o'reilly is not only an effin' callous idiot, he's also not very good at what he does. he's supposed to be a good debater but he's now had his a$$ handed to him by al franken, terry gross and david letterman. he can only win a debate if he's on his own show and can cut the other guy off from talking.

he's a loser through and through. anyone who watches him should really have more respect for him/herself. that show is an insult to virtually anyone's intelligence. i'd be embarrassed to admit i watched it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/12/06 at 11:38 am

bill o'reilly is not only an effin' callous idiot, he's also not very good at what he does. he's supposed to be a good debater but he's now had his a$$ handed to him by al franken, terry gross and david letterman. he can only win a debate if he's on his own show and can cut the other guy off from talking.

he's a loser through and through. anyone who watches him should really have more respect for him/herself. that show is an insult to virtually anyone's intelligence. i'd be embarrassed to admit i watched it.

I love it when Keith Olbermann on MSNBC calls him "The Big Giant Head", like William Shatner's character off of Third Rock From The Sun.  ;D

Written By: STAR70 on 01/12/06 at 5:36 pm

back in the summer of '81 the local NBC affiliate in Los Angeles would rebroadcast the previous night's Late Night with David Letterman at 11 a.m. the next morning. That had to have been the best summer break ever!!!

Written By: saver on 01/14/06 at 4:09 pm

I enjoyed some early bits from the early days of Letterman but lately he is off his rocker..

A recent routine he did was with his announcer going wild yelling the 'f' word and storming off stage...

How sweet..late night or not...

The incedent with O'Reilly as a 'guest'..I always heard Dave bristle when a guest showed up in jeans and T-shirt saying 'thanks for dresing up' then arguing the point that he thought they might have liked to be more presentable..in a suit maybe...with  a sort of lecture about how the show/set is like coming over to someones house and dressing up as you may do..

But doing crass bits is probably a sign of the times so he continues..
EVEN IF..O'Reilly came to my house, I wouldn't play with his drink....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/06 at 10:06 pm

I enjoyed some early bits from the early days of Letterman but lately he is off his rocker..

A recent routine he did was with his announcer going wild yelling the 'f' word and storming off stage...

How sweet..late night or not...

The incedent with O'Reilly as a 'guest'..I always heard Dave bristle when a guest showed up in jeans and T-shirt saying 'thanks for dresing up' then arguing the point that he thought they might have liked to be more presentable..in a suit maybe...with  a sort of lecture about how the show/set is like coming over to someones house and dressing up as you may do..

But doing crass bits is probably a sign of the times so he continues..
EVEN IF..O'Reilly came to my house, I wouldn't play with his drink....

I'd put Valium in his drink, about 30 mg, mellow him out and make him keep his big mouth shut for a while!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/15/06 at 11:47 am

Damn...... I missed!  If I was Dave..... I would have put in laxatives!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...