» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: First?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/08/07 at 1:17 am

first?

Subject: Re: Your First Movie?

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/07 at 1:50 am

1984, "The Last Starfighter" at the local Drive-In that closed down many many years ago

Written By: Brian06 on 01/08/07 at 1:52 am

I believe the first movie I saw in a theater was The Lion King in 1994, I can't think of anything earlier than that right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/07 at 1:57 am

I remember seeing three films when I young, a double-bill of tom thumb and The Wizard of Oz, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I do not know which one was the first, but do know these were seen around 1964.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/08/07 at 2:12 am

The Little Mermaid....my dad took me to see it when it was released.

Written By: Davester on 01/08/07 at 2:27 am

Could have been Jaws, with my dad...

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/08/07 at 3:30 am

The first movie I rememeber seeing was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie, back when it was in theaters around 1990 or so.

Written By: Satish on 01/08/07 at 10:55 am

The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Superman IV with Christopher Reeve in 1987 when I was seven years old. My mom took me and my brother to see it.

But while that was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre, I'd seen many movies on TV before that.

I actually rarely ever watch movies in theatres, what with home video and all the cable channels showing movies these days.

Written By: Gis on 01/08/07 at 11:11 am

Bambi apparently.

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 11:22 am

Bambi apparently.

Same here.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/07 at 11:27 am

What was the first movie you remember seeing?
Mine was at the AMC theater in Mesa watching the Steven Speilburg Classic

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/08/07 at 4:34 pm

Dumbo, probably around 32 years ago  :o :o :o. 

I remember my mother having to take me to the lobby because I got hysterical during the scene where the mother rocks Dumbo through the bars or her cage.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/08/07 at 5:08 pm

I'm trying to remember at the moment(I'm groggy, didn't get the best night's sleep).

If I had a cell phone, I could ask my mom and see if she remembers.

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/08/07 at 9:12 pm

I think it was Snow White

Written By: spaceace on 01/08/07 at 9:48 pm

"Cannonball Run" in a drive-in, way back when I was a youngster. :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 1:07 pm

Dumbo, probably around 32 years ago  :o :o :o. 

I remember my mother having to take me to the lobby because I got hysterical during the scene where the mother rocks Dumbo through the bars or her cage.

Oh!  I still can't watch that part without sobbing.  It is just too awful...  :\'(

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/11/07 at 1:30 pm

The first movie,besides animation,that i remember seeing was a movie called Never Ending Story or Die Unendliche Geschichte in german(i think it was an usa/germany production) it was a about this book a boy reads where there's a place called Fantasia with a flying dragon who looked like a dog and was named Falcor and an Empress who was played by this beautiful girl who at the time wished i could be lol

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 1:38 pm

The first movie,besides animation,that i remember seeing was a movie called Never Ending Story or Die Unendliche Geschichte in german(i think it was an usa/germany production) it was a about this book a boy reads where there's a place called Fantasia with a flying dragon who looked like a dog and was named Falcor and an Empress who was played by this beautiful girl who at the time wished i could be lol

That  movie is such a classic, and I had a dog when I was little that looked very much like that dragon! 

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/11/07 at 1:45 pm

That  movie is such a classic, and I had a dog when I was little that looked very much like that dragon! 

Aww you were so lucky,i always wanted a white dog i could call Falcor,he was the cutest thing in the world. But my parents always said no way :\'(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/07 at 1:49 pm

Aww you were so lucky,i always wanted a white dog i could call Falcor,he was the cutest thing in the world. But my parents always said no way :\'(

You should get one now!

I'll have to see if I can find a picture of him and post it in the "show us your pets" section.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/07 at 12:07 am

Heidi's Song.

Unfortunatly.....  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/07 at 3:01 pm

I remember seeing three films when I young, a double-bill of tom thumb and The Wizard of Oz, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I do not know which one was the first, but do know these were seen around 1964.

I don't recall the first time I saw the Wizard of Oz but I do remember seeing Tom Thumb at the movies (I don't remember when) but I think the first one I saw was Snow White. I remember seeing it at a drive-in and I remember hiding behind the back seat in the "wayback" of our station wagon when the witch came on because she scared me.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/13/07 at 6:01 pm

I think I saw more before it, but the first I remember is "The Flinstones"... what was that, 1993? Hmm... I would've had to be 2 then!?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/13/07 at 9:09 pm

Oh!  I still can't watch that part without sobbing.  It is just too awful...   :\'(

Me too!  My daughter and I were watching it the other night and she kept asking me why I was crying. 

Written By: rich1981 on 01/14/07 at 3:34 am

"Follow That Bird", in 1985.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/14/07 at 4:07 am

I think I saw more before it, but the first I remember is "The Flinstones"... what was that, 1993? Hmm... I would've had to be 2 then!?

I remember that one. It had John Goodman playing Fred right? Even though it supposedly wasn't very good(according to critics) I liked it alot.

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/07 at 4:17 am

I suddenly remember seeing the Animated Disney classic "The Rescuers" in the theatre.  I know it was a re-release, because the original came out when I was just a baby.  lol  I can't remember when I saw it, whether it was Before or after "The Last Starfighter".  I remember Bob Newhart voiced one of the mice

Written By: loki 13 on 01/14/07 at 9:15 am

The Jungle Book....(1967)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/14/07 at 1:10 pm

I think it might have been E.T.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/07 at 2:17 pm

Reading this thread makes me feel old. Many of the movies people have stated came out when I was an adult.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/07 at 7:59 pm

I suddenly remember seeing the Animated Disney classic "The Rescuers" in the theatre.  I know it was a re-release, because the original came out when I was just a baby.  lol  I can't remember when I saw it, whether it was Before or after "The Last Starfighter".  I remember Bob Newhart voiced one of the mice

I remember seeing "The Rescuers" in its first run.  Thought it was pretty cool!  I must have been eight.  The earliest two movies I can remember seeing are:
1. A second-run of "The Sound of Music," which I despised.  My aunt took us to it with the best of intentions.  Just wasn't my thing!
2. "Benji," who was tantamount to "Dirty Harry" in my five-year-old mind.  That movie rocked!

The very first was most certainly some godawful kiddie matinee, I'll be damned if I can remember what it was!
;D

Written By: Roadgeek on 01/16/07 at 4:45 pm

Alright, the first time I ever went to a theater was when I went to see Home Alone 2 in 1992 at the Circle 6 Theatres at Carolina Circle Mall.

Check for new replies or respond here...